PDA

View Full Version : Profile pictures and end comments

URDead
04-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Maybe I am just slow, but I can't seem to find areas in the profile editor that allow me to add a profile picture or add an area that allows for a permanent message at the end of my messages. Is this something that comes when you are a senior member?

white frog
04-03-2012, 06:39 PM
No... the message at the end is your "signature." Under your profile, go to send yourself a private message, and then look to the left hand column for "Edit Signature"... for the profile picture, you have to create an album and add a picture to it.

mnju_03
04-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Maybe I am just slow, but I can't seem to find areas in the profile editor that allow me to add a profile picture or add an area that allows for a permanent message at the end of my messages. Is this something that comes when you are a senior member?

Hey! I had issues figuring out how to edit my own photos, I'd love to help. Up at the same level as the search bar you see Forum Actions, click it and go to Edit Profile. Once there on the left you see a bunch of options, Signature is the comment you speak of..I think... Profile pictures and Avatar pictures are also in the same area but you may have issues learning what kind and size of pictures work...

Pekersss
04-03-2012, 06:42 PM
I was trying to put pictures in an album today but couldn't figure it out. :/. The avatar and profile picture I remembered how to do, but the album uploader didn't seem to like my .jpg files.

mnju_03
04-03-2012, 06:44 PM
I was trying to put pictures in an album today but couldn't figure it out. :/. The avatar and profile picture I remembered how to do, but the album uploader didn't seem to like my .jpg files.

Even using http://photobucket.com/ ???

Pekersss
04-03-2012, 06:48 PM
even with photobucket.

URDead
04-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Hey! I had issues figuring out how to edit my own photos, I'd love to help. Up at the same level as the search bar you see Forum Actions, click it and go to Edit Profile. Once there on the left you see a bunch of options, Signature is the comment you speak of..I think... Profile pictures and Avatar pictures are also in the same area but you may have issues learning what kind and size of pictures work...

BAM! done. Thanks mnju

mnju_03
04-03-2012, 07:03 PM
BAM! done. Thanks mnju

You're very welcome buddy! Keep http://photobucket.com/ on hand for when you start getting picture friendly... I love that site for linking over pictures.

Pekersss
04-03-2012, 07:23 PM
mnju, have you tried making an album before?

Nudie
04-04-2012, 02:17 AM
You have to resize your pictures before they can go into the album. There's like a help balloon that has the info about that. Took me ages just to load one picture.

Pekersss
04-04-2012, 09:08 AM
They were resized; as a test, I took a picture to be used as an avatar and tried to upload it but it wouldn't. It's not a big deal to me, though... I'd rather spend two hours being productive rather than messing with some crazy album uploaded : )

sez
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
mnju, have you tried making an album before?

It took 3 days for some of my pics to even show up in my "album". I had no idea it even worked.

Joeycool
04-04-2012, 09:17 AM
My albums worked ok!!??

Rocky35
04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
Profile and avatar pictures have to be in a certain size limit. You can easily resize pics using the Paint program on your computer.

As for uploading pictures to your album, you can upload any pictures, no matter how big they are, without resizing.

Pekersss
04-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Yes, but when I went to select a file from my comPuter none showed up. And when I tried from photobucket it said invalid file. They were .jpg images. I did one before, but forgot how I did it and it took me awhile.

mnju_03
04-04-2012, 12:58 PM
I have no idea either, I'll figure it out later.. :P