PDA

View Full Version : Offensive User Name - Do I report to Funzio? NEED GUIDANCE

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Yesterday while looking for a rival to attack I came across one who (in my opinion) had a very offensive user name. I won't say what the name is publicly, but it was racially sterotypical and offended me personally since it spoke about my race.

Needless to say, I attacked the hell out of him, but it really didn't make me feel better. Does Funzio have any guidelines around what can be used in player names, and should I report this if it's offensive/racist? I'm sure I won't be the only one who would be offended by this person's tag. I can't believe he is using it.

Luke7676
04-03-2012, 03:53 PM
If it is truly offensive I would report it.

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks Luke. Another user inboxed me and told me the same thing. I'm leaning towards doing just that..

Trust me, it is. I can take a joke as good as anyone, but it's just inappropriate. Has no place in this game..

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Probably by starting this tread you hopefully already made them aware.

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I am hoping so @Poopenshire, but they probably need to see/read what the name is. My mouth dropped when I saw it..

Too bad I can't find him on my rivals list anymore. If he pops up I will copy and paste the name in my message to Funzio.

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 04:09 PM
From what I have read, if they find an offensive name, they change it to the default "naught boy" name of Alex.

I see a lot of Rivals with the name Alex, so I have to wonder if any of them chose that name on purpose.

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Thanks McDoc. We'll see what happens when I contact them...

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 04:23 PM
@Bigflan - I don't want to post it here. I think there is a general rule about putting people on blast in the forum. But trust me, if he doesn't get his name changed after I report it then I will..

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 05:37 PM
The bastard just wrote a nasty message on my wall. I just reported him. In the interim, I'll keep attacking the crap out of him. Screw it..

bigflan
04-03-2012, 05:39 PM
The bastard just wrote a nasty message on my wall. I just reported him. In the interim, I'll keep attacking the crap out of him. Screw it..Watch your language that could get you banned

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 05:58 PM
At least tell us what level you're at, Sugarymama...somebody on this forum is bound to be in your ballpark and would likely be able to spot him and give you a second opinion. Would avoid letting things getting out of hand with him on your wall etc. though

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 06:03 PM
At least tell us what level you're at, Sugarymama...somebody on this forum is bound to be in your ballpark and would likely be able to spot him and give you a second opinion. Would avoid letting things getting out of hand with him on your wall etc. though

Thanks for the advice. I didn't use any profanity in my post back to him, and I copied his remarks and sent them to Funzio. He basically laughed at me for "getting mad at a stereotype that's true". Those were his words plus some.

I just hit level 78.

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 06:04 PM
That's my level, I will hit te PvP tonight.

hound
SugaryMama- What level are you?
Send me a personal message- with his name and flag that he is flying... I want a piece of this turd!
"turd" is that to vulgar? SORRY! I want a piece of this "lump of excrement"! :-)

Luke7676
Watch your language that could get you banned

I believe she has a right to say that. Not really that bad of a word anyways.. But just say f that dude that's giving you bs on your wall.. Those idiots are a dime a dozen.. He is just jealous and mad that you wiped him clean haha. If he keeps posting you can eventually ignore him. Good luck sugarymama

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 06:06 PM
SugaryMama- What level are you?
Send me a personal message- with his name and flag that he is flying... I want a piece of this turd!
"turd" is that to vulgar? SORRY! I want a piece of this "lump of excrement"! :-)
I hope by turd you mean him and not me.

bigflan
04-03-2012, 06:06 PM
I believe she ha a right to say that. Not really that bad of a word anyways.. But just say f that dude that's giving you bs on your wall.. Those idiots are a dime a dozen.. He is just jealous and mad that you wiped him clean haha. If he keeps posting you can eventually ignore him.Calm down and I know what he said probably

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Lol...you guys are cracking me up. Thanks for making me smile..I was a little pissed off earlier.

The only reason I attacked him was because of his name. Sorry I'm being so secretive about it but I think the protocol for the forum is not to call someone out. I know most of us on here have different user names in the game.

I'm trying to wait for Funzio to handle it. I just sent them a message and copied his message for them. Hopefully they will get back to me soon.

hound
04-03-2012, 06:20 PM
I hope by turd you mean him and not me.

Him... After i posted my last, i realized your name and avaturd. Good one! Love it!

War Priest
04-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Bigflan, I wonder about you man... :rolleyes:

War Priest
04-03-2012, 06:25 PM
From what I have read, if they find an offensive name, they change it to the default "naught boy" name of Alex.

I see a lot of Rivals with the name Alex, so I have to wonder if any of them chose that name on purpose.

Alex is a default name when you switch your accounts over and it gets deleted. It happened to me once before I got my account back. I don't know the exact specifics of what makes it happen but something like that changes the name to Alex.

hound
04-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. I didn't use any profanity in my post back to him, and I copied his remarks and sent them to Funzio. He basically laughed at me for "getting mad at a stereotype that's true". Those were his words plus some.

I just hit level 78.

oh, Shoots.... I don't think i can level up fast enough, before Funzio takes sanctions on him. I'm about to move into Lv 73.

woof woof- aka L.O.W.

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 06:30 PM
I believe she has a right to say that. Not really that bad of a word anyways.. But just say f that dude that's giving you bs on your wall.. Those idiots are a dime a dozen.. He is just jealous and mad that you wiped him clean haha. If he keeps posting you can eventually ignore him. Good luck sugarymama

Thanks Luke. He'll just keep getting attacked by me until Funzio responds. I have much higher attack and defense stats than him. And he commented on my spending $ on gold (guess he looked at my inventory). I don't see why he even cares..

Right now I can't bring him up again in my rivals list. I keep refreshing but nothing...probably in his best interest.

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 06:32 PM
oh, Shoots.... I don't think i can level up fast enough, before Funzio takes sanctions on him. I'm about to move into Lv 73. If it helps- Add me to your Alliance 419 723 307

Alliance Attack: 31503
Alliance Defense: 37463

woof woof- aka L.O.W.

Thanks Hound. I'll add you now... Look out for the black girl with a big Afro...lol.

War Priest
04-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks Luke. He'll just keep getting attacked by me until Funzio responds. I have much higher attack and defense stats than him. And he commented on my spending $ on gold (guess he looked at my inventory). I don't see why he even cares..

Right now I can't bring him up again in my rivals list. I keep refreshing but nothing...probably in his best interest.

I know, it is dumb people commenting on buying gold. Like they haven't ever put money towards a game in their life. Morons... (Bigflan, I won't get banned for saying morons.)

bigflan
04-03-2012, 06:39 PM
] I have a bunch of allies and crates still suck got a fast attack buggy stupid crates so useless

War Priest
04-03-2012, 06:40 PM
] I have a bunch of allies and crates still suck got a fast attack buggy stupid crates so useless

Ok..? And how do you feel about that..?

bigflan
04-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Ok..? And how do you feel about that..? feel angry really wanted that ghost SAS but did not get it

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I know, it is dumb people commenting on buying gold. Like they haven't ever put money towards a game in their life. Morons... (Bigflan, I won't get banned for saying morons.)

I agree War Priest. I mean, why does he even give a &$?!. What he said on my wall is that he has twice the income I have without spending any $. But his A/D was something like 13k/17k and mine is 23k/24k, so I took about $255k from him in raids and attacks. I want to totally destroy him, but now I can't find him again..

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 06:45 PM
feel angry really wanted that ghost SAS but did not get it
Opened 10 groups of 3 crates and have 3 SAS and 2 stealth catamarans.

bigflan
04-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Opened 10 groups of 3 crates and have 3 SAS and 2 stealth catamarans. Some of us here don't have jobs so we can't buy gold ro we can't afford it

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I saved up for months. This was my first ever gold purchase and bought during the 20% off. It was my first ever gold buy, added some Tapjoy gold too, almost 80 from that.

bigflan
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
I saved up for months. This was my first ever gold purchase and bought during the 20% off. It was my first ever gold buy, added some Tapjoy gold too, almost 80 from that.Every gold for me counts I can only get crates if I had a job I'd be like war priest buy all limited edition units yeah

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Every gold for me counts I can only get crates if I had a job I'd be like war priest buy all limited edition units yeah

I thought the same thing. It might be months till I save up for more gold and crates gave me a huge boost by getting a good number of rare items. It was worth this one time. I am going to save up though for another round.

War Priest
04-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Opened 10 groups of 3 crates and have 3 SAS and 2 stealth catamarans.

Did the same. I have two SAS, a Stealth Catamaran, a Ground Trembler, two Tomcats and three Paratroopers. No need to list the baby units. I have at least one of everything except the Sub Detection Jet.

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah - I get a little tired of people saying that those who buy gold are somehow cheating or otherwise foolish. Truth is, if it wasn't for people buying gold, the free game would have been abandoned by developers months ago. Im just glad that free players get a chance to get some "gold units" through the special events to feel the relief of having some indestructible units.

As far as "disposable" income, I don't smoke or drink or spend money on stuff like that - so this game is my cigarette money :) I've known people who were flat broke, haven't eaten all day, but somehow still have money for a pack of smokes. Just think of all the money I've saved over the past 40 years of my life by not smoking :)

Anyway, wish I could inflict some in-game justice with your annoying little friend - but at level 89 I'm too far gone.

Oh - and Poop - if someone was making reference to you, they wouldn't just use the word turd, they would say "Shiney Turd" :)

bigflan
04-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Hurray more tap joy free offers just got 12 gold

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Did the same. I have two SAS, a Stealth Catamaran, a Ground Trembler, two Tomcats and three Paratroopers. No need to list the baby units. I have at least one of everything except the Sub Detection Jet.

3 x paratrooper
2 x tumbler
2 x tomcat
Rest common, but just like you I didn't get a sub jet

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Wooo hoo no longer junior member

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Yeah - I get a little tired of people saying that those who buy gold are somehow cheating or otherwise foolish. Truth is, if it wasn't for people buying gold, the free game would have been abandoned by developers months ago. Im just glad that free players get a chance to get some "gold units" through the special events to feel the relief of having some indestructible units.

As far as "disposable" income, I don't smoke or drink or spend money on stuff like that - so this game is my cigarette money :) I've known people who were flat broke, haven't eaten all day, but somehow still have money for a pack of smokes. Just think of all the money I've saved over the past 40 years of my life by not smoking :)

Anyway, wish I could inflict some in-game justice with your annoying little friend - but at level 89 I'm too far gone.

Oh - and Poop - if someone was making reference to you, they wouldn't just use the word turd, they would say "Shiney Turd" :)

Thanks McDoc. Karma is a b so hopefully he'll get his soon. Delivered by me personally if I find him on the rivals list again..

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
3 x paratrooper
2 x tumbler
2 x tomcat

Got multiples of all the uncommon and common, including 2 sub jets, but none of the rares! Man!

War Priest
04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
3 x paratrooper
2 x tumbler
2 x tomcat

It's alright since it's only a medium stat unit.

Wooo hoo no longer junior member

Congrats! You have finally became a forum teenager. :p

Dreno33
04-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Him... After i posted my last, i realized your name and avaturd. Good one! Love it!

hahah "avaturd". not often do i actually L.O.L. on the forums but i got a good chuckle out of that one haha. freakin gold ****e as an avatar. hahahahah