PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the cement factory?

Colonelbob
04-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Anyone out there using the cement factory? If so, how much are you upgrading it before its use becomes too expensive for its benefits? @1% per level I'm not sure how far to upgrade it.

JMC
04-03-2012, 01:52 PM
If you take all the upgrades in the game into account, even if the level 10 cement factory costed 100million, it would be well worth it.

A 10% discount on a single nanotech factory, space center, nuclear plant and pretty much any of the expensive buildings, nets you savings much higher than the cost of the cement factory.

Colonelbob
04-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Have you got yours all the way upgraded?

JMC
04-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Nope i only have mine at level 3, but if i ever plan to do more expensive upgrades, i'd definitely want to max it out first.

overkill 280
04-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Mines at level 2. I should really continue upgrading it.

Dreno33
04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
THIS is what I have been saving up for. I am level 6 with nearly 7m even while upgrading expansion 24/7. once i hit lvl 13 I won't upgrade anything but until either

1) I reach lvl 10
....OR....
2) I run low on money and have to upgrade something cheaper

EnjoyLife
04-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm at level 10. It's definitely worth it.

Primo
04-03-2012, 07:18 PM
I am not sure if funzio intended the cement factory to work as I have experienced it. I have not had the opportunity to test this in about 2 weeks.

However, previously my experience was, if the space center cost $12,000,000 originally. I have a level 1 Cement factory, which reduced the listed cost in the "money buildings" tab to $11,880,000. The challenge I ran into is that I maxed my 10mil vault and timed my buildings to collect another $1,900,000. When I went to purchase the space center the game would no let me stating I didn't have enought funds. At the time I didn't have great defense and frantically scrambled to raid the last $100,000 needed to break the $12 mil mark. Now granted once I got over 12 mil I was able to purchase it and it only took the posted $11,880,000.

But the real commodity in this game is time and a distant second being able to upgrade beyond the 10 mil valt cap. So the way I see it is if I still have to reach to original posted cost inorder to upgrade/ purchase then why would I waste the time it takes to upgrade the cement factory.

You could upgrade another money building with the funds you would have invested in the cement factory and most likely it will take the same amount time to upgrade. And look at it this way, most of the buildings you upgrade will pay back the difference you would have saved by upgrading the cement factory in a few days.

Let's analyze a worst case scenario. The difference in savings from a lvl 1 to a lvl 2 cement factory on the nanotech lab would be $200,000 (costs 20 mil normally). First the upgrade to the lvl 2 costs $250,000. Grant it you would have the benifit of the additional 1% savings on all future purposes. However, if you took the same 18 hours you could up grade your Oil refinery to lvl 2 and increase the output from $175k to $350k. This would easily wash out the 200k difference on what is currently the most expensive building.

My conclusion and point is its easier to earn money by upgrading buildings then try to save it. Now if funzio has made it so you don't have to reach the original purchase price then the cement factory is a great idea. I know for myself it has been difficult as upgrades/ buildings get over the 10mil valt I have a lot of money exposed to more powerful players and have lost millions.

Just my experience and opinion.

War Priest
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, that does suck that you need to have enough money as the original price to buy it discounted.

Big post for your first one...

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 07:32 PM

That's what SHE said :)

JohnnyR
04-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Good point about opportunity cost being lost there primo. Wonder if there's a way to quantify and compare these variables. Also gotta remember, that just like time is money, so too is money taking time. All those cement upgrades save money that can be used elsewhere on better troops, or even more money upgrades faster later.

Col.34w
04-03-2012, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=War Priest;154061]Yeah, that does suck that you need to have enough money as the original price to buy it discounted.

I bought another space center today for $11,600,000. Saved 400k with level 3 cement factory and i did not have 12mil. I bought them as soon as i hit 11.6 with a few dollars to spare. My cement factory was built to spec!

Dreno33
04-03-2012, 09:36 PM
From Primo's and Col.34w's posts, what my understanding is is that this is a simple glitch/bug in the game. What Funzio intended on for the function of this factory is, I'm not certain. But I do know now that both sides have occurred (having to save to original price and only having to acquire new price).

So the question is: What was the original outline of Funzio's cement factory?

StuN
04-04-2012, 01:29 AM
My experience was the same as Col.34w. I bought the nuclear plant at the discounted rate & didn't need to have the full price in my vault.

digitalwalker
04-04-2012, 03:02 AM
I am not sure if funzio intended the cement factory to work as I have experienced it. I have not had the opportunity to test this in about 2 weeks.

However, previously my experience was, if the space center cost $12,000,000 originally. I have a level 1 Cement factory, which reduced the listed cost in the "money buildings" tab to $11,880,000. The challenge I ran into is that I maxed my 10mil vault and timed my buildings to collect another $1,900,000. When I went to purchase the space center the game would no let me stating I didn't have enought funds. At the time I didn't have great defense and frantically scrambled to raid the last $100,000 needed to break the $12 mil mark. Now granted once I got over 12 mil I was able to purchase it and it only took the posted $11,880,000.

But the real commodity in this game is time and a distant second being able to upgrade beyond the 10 mil valt cap. So the way I see it is if I still have to reach to original posted cost inorder to upgrade/ purchase then why would I waste the time it takes to upgrade the cement factory.

You could upgrade another money building with the funds you would have invested in the cement factory and most likely it will take the same amount time to upgrade. And look at it this way, most of the buildings you upgrade will pay back the difference you would have saved by upgrading the cement factory in a few days.

Let's analyze a worst case scenario. The difference in savings from a lvl 1 to a lvl 2 cement factory on the nanotech lab would be $200,000 (costs 20 mil normally). First the upgrade to the lvl 2 costs $250,000. Grant it you would have the benifit of the additional 1% savings on all future purposes. However, if you took the same 18 hours you could up grade your Oil refinery to lvl 2 and increase the output from $175k to $350k. This would easily wash out the 200k difference on what is currently the most expensive building.

My conclusion and point is its easier to earn money by upgrading buildings then try to save it. Now if funzio has made it so you don't have to reach the original purchase price then the cement factory is a great idea. I know for myself it has been difficult as upgrades/ buildings get over the 10mil valt I have a lot of money exposed to more powerful players and have lost millions.

Just my experience and opinion.

I agree with u.

The hidden variable, time, is the bigest cost. With the time of a lvl10 cm building consumed, the cash it cut off is not enf to compensate. For general players, gain cash is much more easier and quicker than gain time. Upgrade cm buildings only become benifital for those players have a very very slow cash generation speed(PVE or PVP), such that the weighted (counted uograde time) demishing cost given by the cm building is higher than ones weighted(time accounted) gain cash. Which most of players r not.

EnjoyLife
04-04-2012, 04:14 AM
Yeah, that does suck that you need to have enough money as the original price to buy it discounted.

This is NOT the case anymore.

Dreno33
04-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Hold up....

If the cement factory decrease upgrade costs. than from let's say lvl 9 to lvl 10 upgrade, does it decrease it by 9% b/c of the cement factory's level?

Trippy... I wonder If we just don't know b/c it actually does and that's the only thing we see. the discounted price even though it WAS discounted the price from its current level. Hmmmmmm....

cheiz
04-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Leveled up to 5. Cost (and time!) then became so high that I didn't think I'd be worth continuing.
Maybe I'll keep upgrading the cement factory to lvl 10 as my last project before entering whale waters.

mickymacirl
04-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Mines level 3 and will be level 10.

War Priest
04-04-2012, 08:35 AM
This is NOT the case anymore.

Ok, good to know. I always have more than enough money on hand so couldn't tell. Thanks.

silverbackspur
04-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Just upgrading to level 10.
Currently at level 13 in game

Dreno33
04-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Just upgrading to level 10.
Currently at level 13 in game

silverbackspur, you seem to be using the same technique as myself but was wondering how you haven't leveled up more than 13 yet if you are a 10m vault and almost lvl 10 cement factory considering its unlocked at this level. can you add me? Would like to see your stats. I've already leveled to 6 b/c of stupid attackers.

Luke7676
04-04-2012, 10:47 AM
I can see the cement factory being worth it early on but by the time it came out I didn't really see the value in it. Needing to upgrade it first to harness its full potential at my point in time did not work well for me plus the fact of space was and is always an issue. But for someone that's campin out and tring to penny pinch and lower lvl it's worth it to take full advantage of.

Dreno33
04-04-2012, 11:04 AM
I can see the cement factory being worth it early on but by the time it came out I didn't really see the value in it. Needing to upgrade it first to harness its full potential at my point in time did not work well for me plus the fact of space was and is always an issue. But for someone that's campin out and tring to penny pinch and lower lvl it's worth it to take full advantage of.

I look at it as Time = Money. and in this case. Cement Factory = Money.

If one were to not spend the money to upgrade it to its full potential NOW, but only later. Then why do it all? WHY NOT just upgrade to the max ASAP so you can start paying it off quicker in the early levels. That way, BEFORE you even reach whale territory you can use this Cement Factory savings from other upgrades/construction to just spend on better units to defend your base. (:

Thoughts?

Luke7676
04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I look at it as Time = Money. and in this case. Cement Factory = Money.

If one were to not spend the money to upgrade it to its full potential NOW, but only later. Then why do it all? WHY NOT just upgrade to the max ASAP so you can start paying it off quicker in the early levels. That way, BEFORE you even reach whale territory you can use this Cement Factory savings from other upgrades/construction to just spend on better units to defend your base. (:

Thoughts?

Thats what I ment too use it early on an upgrade the hell out of it to use its full potential.
I had one but it would have taken me to long at my point to make it worth while in my eyes. So I sold it and used the space for a money building lol. But I do see and realize the potential of the building just didn't keep it simply because money is not that big a issue with me but time is haha.

Bronson
04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
I have upgraded to lvl 3 but concentrating on lower pay out buildings at the moment and the upgrade costs on them are low any way.

Just before my vault is about to increase up to the nuclear,space and nanotech region that's when I will concentrate on the cement as that is where you will notice the savings.

Luke7676
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I have upgraded to lvl 3 but concentrating on lower pay out buildings at the moment and the upgrade costs on them are low any way.

Just before my vault is about to increase up to the nuclear,space and nanotech region that's when I will concentrate on the cement as that is where you will notice the savings.

Lucky for me I have both nuke plants and space stations built the first 2 when I was at 5 mil vault the. 3rd at 7.5 mil and forth at 10 mil. But I have higher defense stats then most at my ally range. Except for the occasional gold player lol

StuN
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
I think you'll find it comes into it's own on the top end buildings. The cost of upgrading those buildings is horrendous!

Bronson
04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Lucky for me I have both nuke plants and space stations built the first 2 when I was at 5 mil vault the. 3rd at 7.5 mil and forth at 10 mil. But I have higher defense stats then most at my ally range. Except for the occasional gold player lol

I levelled up to quick so my vault is still to low to leave that kind of cash out. Been concentrating solely on D for a while tho so I am close to 1k up on most rivals attack at my ally level.

In another 3 weeks it will be time to move up to the big buildings.

Also got the disadvantage of being f'n Iran might have to get on tapjoy soon to get fiddy gees ;)

Sugarymama
04-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I guess I should concentrating on upgrading mine as well. It's currently on level 3, and if it truly does lower the cost, I will need that discount to buy the more expensive buildings, as well as upgrading my existing ones. These upgrades are getting very expensive. As much as the events get on my nerves sometimes, they can be great as well because you can win lots of cash in a short amount of time..

What about the other boost buildings? Are they effective? I currently have the Genetics Lab, Infirmary, and Composites Factory, but haven't leveled them up yet.

JMC
04-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Thats what I ment too use it early on an upgrade the hell out of it to use its full potential.
I had one but it would have taken me to long at my point to make it worth while in my eyes. So I sold it and used the space for a money building lol. But I do see and realize the potential of the building just didn't keep it simply because money is not that big a issue with me but time is haha.

Don't forget it also lowers upgrade costs. You will definitely want to have it if you ever plan to upgrade any of the expensive buildings past level 1 or 2.

Not like many people will ever even get here, but the level 8 to 9 nanotech factory upgrade costs around 1 billion dollars i think. Think of all the savings at high level upgrades. Any single building worth a million dollars and up probably nets you enough savings to pay for a level 10 cement factory alone from level 1-10.

StuN
04-04-2012, 01:16 PM
My point exactly JMC. No matter what lvl you are, it still makes sense to max it out

Agent Orange
04-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm at level 6 but also think it's worth it. And I do recall someone else pointing out that the Cement Factory gives you a discount but you still had to have the amount of money in your account equal to the original price of the building. Kind of thought that this might have been solved because it is a problem to leave money outside your vault especially in the higher levels.

War Priest
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm at level 6 but also think it's worth it. And I do recall someone else pointing out that the Cement Factory gives you a discount but you still had to have the amount of money in your account equal to the original price of the building. Kind of thought that this might have been solved because it is a problem to leave money outside your vault especially in the higher levels.

Enjoylife also said it isn't like that anymore.

Primo
04-04-2012, 03:24 PM
I appreciate everyone's feed back on the cement factory. I will test tomorrow, if infact, I am no longer required to have the original purchase price in order to buy/ upgrade a building.

On a side note, when Funzio added boot buildings the only thing I had left to buy were the space centers. I built the cement factory first and went on from there.

Bronco928
04-04-2012, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=War Priest;154061]Yeah, that does suck that you need to have enough money as the original price to buy it discounted.

I bought another space center today for $11,600,000. Saved 400k with level 3 cement factory and i did not have 12mil. I bought them as soon as i hit 11.6 with a few dollars to spare. My cement factory was built to spec!

I had a similar experience to Primo, where it requried me to have original price before I was able to purchase at discounted price. I submitted a ticket and Funzio replied they were aware of the issue and actively working on a resolution. I haven't noticed if it's still happenning & I just bought 2 oil rigs.