PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got A Push Notification

Ghost818
04-03-2012, 09:23 AM
For the first time ever, I just got a notification that my Condo was ready. Note it isn't wasnt a laundromat.

i need muney
04-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Them pushes are not consistent enough! No Snacked-filled kitchen and Jamba-Juice breaks for you, mister unknown developer ;)

dudeman
04-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I have received a couple push notifications that weren't for LMs, but I agree with muney. The push notifications are extremely inconsistent.

It would be nice to get notification in the game too. Suppose you have a few minutes to kill before a building is going to be ready to collect. You decide to go robbing and fighting and before you know it, that news icon pops up and you know why immediately. That building that you were waiting for, that you should have been able to collect, was just robbed.

What about changing the colour of the "to your hood" button depending on the status of your hood. Or sticking a dollar sign on it when you have buildings ready to collect.

Or allow the app to run while showing the tool bar with the time, battery charge, and signal strength. It's pretty inconvenient that I'm using a device with a clock programmed on it but I have to have a second device with which to tell time whenever I have CC running.

Gaming Will
04-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I have received a couple push notifications that weren't for LMs, but I agree with muney. The push notifications are extremely inconsistent.

It would be nice to get notification in the game too. Suppose you have a few minutes to kill before a building is going to be ready to collect. You decide to go robbing and fighting and before you know it, that news icon pops up and you know why immediately. That building that you were waiting for, that you should have been able to collect, was just robbed.

Happens to me quite often! So frustrating. :(

Max Power
04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
I enabled this, and I never enable these things, because I thought it would be a handy remonder for nightclubs and taverns. It's a random and mostly useless reminder for people losing $2 in a failed attack.

It could be really good, it's not.

mnju_03
04-03-2012, 01:34 PM
I've ended using alarms on my phone to remind me of things I needed to do... These notifications never worked well for me in this game...

dudeman
04-03-2012, 01:38 PM
I enabled this, and I never enable these things, because I thought it would be a handy remonder for nightclubs and taverns. It's a random and mostly useless reminder for people losing $2 in a failed attack.

It could be really good, it's not.

I agree 100%. CC is the only app for which I have enabled push notifications. Just now I won a few bucks defending an attack. Awesome!

Vile Lynn
04-03-2012, 03:21 PM
I sometimes get notified that my RC is ready.... 15 mins AFTER I collected, heh.

G Wiz
04-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Push prevents robs...maybe they are faulty by design? Lol...Funzio you

iteachem
04-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Random on android as well... doesn't always work and buildings vary as far as what is pushed

youj
04-04-2012, 12:53 AM
I think it's a problem of sending too much vs sending too little.

If you send out too much, most people will get annoyed and may influence them to quit.

But you still need to send them out often enough so players will be reminded to keep playing the game.

If notifications are perfect, it will be hard for people to find people to rob.

Vile Lynn
04-04-2012, 05:04 AM

Never thought of it this way... Good point, youj

Ghost818
04-04-2012, 05:11 AM
He is right, if they were to be perfect, robbing would be pointless and difficult.

Max Power
04-04-2012, 07:44 AM
I think it's a problem of sending too much vs sending too little.

If you send out too much, most people will get annoyed and may influence them to quit.

But you still need to send them out often enough so players will be reminded to keep playing the game.

If people are annoyed, they can simply turn them off.

Even with notifications, there will still be plenty to rob.

CounterSniper
04-04-2012, 07:51 AM
If people are annoyed, they can simply turn them off.

Even with notifications, there will still be plenty to rob.

+1

The notice is after the fact. It doesnt forewarn so there is time to lose it before you can get there.

i need muney
04-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Not only inconsistent, but misleading aswell
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb297/CutControl/1e2b8929.jpg

i need muney
04-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Checkin my daily stuff...Oh goodie, my Lofts made some cash!
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb297/CutControl/1472f601.jpg
Switchy ^_^
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb297/CutControl/f1c6d046.jpg
:( sure are ready

flop
04-07-2012, 03:15 PM
My phone recently told me my gentleman's club got robbed.... about 13 hrs before it spawns.

Santa
04-07-2012, 03:18 PM
My iPod told me my crematorium was robbed...I don't have a crematorium... >.<

Vile Lynn
04-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Maybe Funzio is tweaking the pop-ups.

i need muney
04-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Maybe Funzio is tweaking the pop-ups.
For da lulz!