PDA

View Full Version : Worst fat-fingered loss?

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Noticed in a thread or two (including THAT long one about THAT event) that people have sustained various losses due to poor digital control (aka poor fingering). For some it's akin to losing the Midas touch. You are invited to share your worst slips of the finger....

Me, well I've used newly aquired gold to refill my stamina and I've inadvertently sold a level 4 Military Market and a level 2 Ore Mine.....

Aidan
04-03-2012, 07:09 AM
I bought a grunt....Can it get any worse? My finger is nt fat btw..it's muscular. Lol

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 07:14 AM
How can you possibly own up to fat-fingering a grunt?????? I'm in stitches.....

Bronson
04-03-2012, 07:15 AM
I bought a grunt....Can it get any worse? My finger is nt fat btw..it's muscular. Lol

Close the thread we have a winner!!

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Bronson, that prize you owe me? Please give it to Aidan!

Aidan
04-03-2012, 07:18 AM
Not rlly fat fingered but rather fast fingered (i seems to be good at it, if u knw wht i mean �� ) the special button n walaaa. Bought a grunt. Tht damn thing dont even ask fr confirmation

marebear
04-03-2012, 07:19 AM
How can you possibly own up to fat-fingering a grunt?????? I'm in stitches.....That sounds dirty....

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Not rlly fat fingered but rather fast fingered (i seems to be good at it, if u knw wht i mean 😝 ) the special button n walaaa. Bought a grunt. Tht damn thing dont even ask fr confirmation
I'm in tears! Fast fingered on the 'special button'.... Without giving you confirmation?

Aidan
04-03-2012, 07:24 AM
How can you possibly own up to fat-fingering a grunt?????? I'm in stitches.....

she grunted when it happened. The grunt tht is..

That sounds dirty....

LMAO. Indeed

Aidan
04-03-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm in tears! Fast fingered on the 'special button'.... Without giving you confirmation?

Nope it doesnt. But u cn try if u want 😉 . Sent email n they reimbursed it bck. They must've shocked n bewildered to learn tht some idiot (me) actlly bought tht damn thing.

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Nope it doesnt. But u cn try if u want  . Sent email n they reimbursed it bck. They must've shocked n bewildered to learn tht some idiot (me) actlly bought tht damn thing.

Please, stop, I can't take any more... Fat-fingered a grunt AND got your money back! You're the kind of guy I need to be with overnight in Dublin!

Edit: that sounds all wrong!! Help!

Agent Orange
04-03-2012, 07:34 AM

Good one haaaaaaaaaaaaaaŕ

Bronson
04-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Best thread ever well done guys

Aidan
04-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Please, stop, I can't take any more... Fat-fingered a grunt AND got your money back! You're the kind of guy I need to be with overnight in Dublin!

Apparently the grunt has some disease. Nothing serious tho, hehehe. N yeah tht does sounds wrong. Lol.

So any more fat fingered ir fast fingered tales? AO? Bronson?

Bronson
04-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Now we know it was Aiden who started grunts disease!!!!!

Bronson
04-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Only thing I have done by mistake was sell my lvl 2 steel mill, sorry still laughing that you fat fingered a grunt and got your money back I Had to write it again as its so good

Aidan
04-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Now we know it was Aiden who started grunts disease!!!!!

Wait! I cnt be the only one. There must be others before me.. Must be!

Only thing I have done by mistake was sell my lvl 2 steel mill, sorry still laughing that you fat fingered a grunt and got your money back I Had to write it again as its so good

Oh, u r laughing now. Wait till it happened to u. U wont know whether to laugh or cry or both in tht order

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Unfortunately, this thread may have peaked too early. There must be dozens of tales of woe, but I suspect nothing will come close to the tale I've heard tonight. It nearly put me in the hospital; I actually woke my daughter up I was in so much pain laughing..... You da man, Aidan!

Bronson
04-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Unfortunately, this thread may have peaked too early. There must be dozens of tales of woe, but I suspect nothing will come close to the tale I've heard tonight. It nearly put me in the hospital; I actually woke my daughter up I was in so much pain laughing..... You da man, Aidan!

I know I am still in work trying to stifle the laughter and it's just making me worse......... 17 GOLD FOR A GRUNT ROFL

Bronson
04-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Aiden if your still looking for allies I will add you for the discounted price of 15 gold!!!!

Halomaster07
04-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I was early on in the game, decided to buy some gold. Spent a solid 50 bones on 650 gold.

I decided to wait on spending it... Accidentally rapid tapped 'Finish now' on my vault expansion, ~490 gold down the drain.

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 08:33 AM
My wife just got in from a night out with her mates, so I thought I'd try to share this story - believe it or not, it had her in tears, successfully translating into another language AND hitting the mark with a non-gamer! In short, a classic! On that note, I must take leave once again... have to put my digits to use in another way!

LightingBlitz
04-03-2012, 08:41 AM
I sold a level 2 communications center. Funzio should have a control under settings to "turn off" the ability to sell buidings.

vitus79
04-03-2012, 08:44 AM
was level 48 for ages to build base and economy/army. decided to sell my german flag of barrels since i noticed no1 could see decorations anyway, after like 20 barrels i was so into it, i tabbed my drydocks and sold it. shocked coz i couldnt even just buy it again coz by the time it was available for lvl 50 only and i had no intention to level up yet.
once more thank you support for restoring the building in less than 48 hours

Aidan
04-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Aiden if your still looking for allies I will add you for the discounted price of 15 gold!!!!

Can u grunt mate? If u cn, i might consider. N r u free frm disease? Lol

My wife just got in from a night out with her mates, so I thought I'd try to share this story - believe it or not, it had her in tears, successfully translating into another language AND hitting the mark with a non-gamer! In short, a classic! On that note, I must take leave once again... have to put my digits to use in another way!

U mean now i'm a laughing stock in korea too? Great, just great 😭

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 08:57 AM

Sorry Aidan, in a few hours it's gonna be GLOBAL!

Bronson
04-03-2012, 08:58 AM

I have been vacinated but at least we all know the source!

I am going to Ask L Fizzle to have this as a sticky so everyone who comes on here can enjoy this heartwarming tale. :)

Hello Kitty
04-03-2012, 09:01 AM
I too accidentally bought a grunt! I was too ashamed to ask for my gold back. Feels good to finally share my horrible tale that I've been silently living. I've also completed land and a vault for lots of gold. Now I just spend it all at once...

Bronson
04-03-2012, 09:04 AM
I too accidentally bought a grunt! I was too ashamed to ask for my gold back. Feels good to finally share my horrible tale that I've been silently living. I've also completed land and a vault for lots of gold. Now I just spend it all at once...

Now there is 2 of them! No wonder the last document wouldn't drop for any of us the grunts disease was pandemic!

Aidan
04-03-2012, 09:08 AM

Bronson! We hv the source!
Ty fr sharing, u saved me ��
It's funny coz i nvr told anyone either but i dnt know wht got into me just now when i replied to thunder's post. They shouldnt've put tht grunt on the offer. It's horrible

Warfiend
04-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Mine is just plain boring. I lost 2 gold checking on the status of a build and finished it early. But several times I've come close to accidentally selling a building and buying a gold unit I didn't want.

marebear
04-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Mines boring too. I already whined about losing 20 to an energy accidental press but I got it back plus 20. (thanks funzio!!) and sold a building once by accident and had to buy it again. Nothing too terrible.

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Wait - once again I'm late to the dinner table.

you mean I can seriously buy a grunt for ONLY 17 Gold! Dang - how could I have played this long and not known about that amazing option.

And here I have been wasting all this Gold on crates!

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Not sure knowingly parting with gold for a grunt would give you the same kudos as fat-fingering the said grunt, waking up to discover what you had done, and then asking for (and getting) your money back! Aidan is and will always be a legend for his sordid tale (no pun intended)!

Agent Orange
04-03-2012, 07:27 PM
During that last event I wasted 20 gold on an energy refill but at least that was good for three hits in the Naval Battle and some cases.

For those with pet birds, our Parrotlet Chase has figured out how to turn on my iPad by pecking the button. He then goes about beaking the screen trying to recreate what I do with my fingers. Thankfully his beak is not capacitive. But his feet are! So I have to be careful when he's running around the screen when I'm in MW as he'll trigger sell requests for buildings or if I'm on a rivals base cause me to raid a building.

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Ok, so I was just kidding about WANTING to buy a grunt, but I seriously didn't know that you could.

Made me laugh too!

I once bought more energy by accident - that made me mad enough - so I've learned to slow things down abit - especially when it comes to where I put my fat fingers :)

I also waited for the timer during the titanium / docs events with the intention of a Gold open only to accidentally tap the free open - then having to waste 15 gold to reset the timer again :/

bigflan
04-03-2012, 07:34 PM
I don't get why would a VIP be more expensive then the grunt you can get way more allies with the VIP

Sugarymama
04-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I accidentally completed my vault upgrade using gold...cost 500 freakin' bars. But Funzio gave it back thank goodness.

marebear
04-03-2012, 08:36 PM
My 3 year old took over my iPad so I deleted all of my stuff off of it and loaded it with kid games and restricted it. The only game I left was my modern war LLP. He decided tonight he wanted to play my game... This does not bode well for me, lol. Good thing he can't buy anything, but I see missing buildings in my future. And this was the best thread ever!! I even made my husband read it. Global... Tee hee

cheiz
04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
I managed to reset the event timer (15 gold) with less than 1 minute left on the clock. And I once sold my advanced airbase (lvl2). I'm more careful now!

Aidan
04-17-2012, 01:05 PM
This is not the kind of thread i want to see get bumped. The memory is too painful. Lol

Bronson
04-17-2012, 01:08 PM
This is not the kind of thread i want to see get bumped. The memory is too painful. Lol

Oh my worst day for you Aidan forgot all about this thread we need to make it a sticky

StuN
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
I accidentally pressed the finish button on an expansion the other day, cost me over 400g :(

cheiz
04-17-2012, 01:10 PM
LOL sorry about that Aidan

Aidan
04-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Oh my worst day for you Aidan forgot all about this thread we need to make it a sticky

Lol no bronson. Tht will be the ultimate humiliation. Btw, why r u not warching the champs league?

LOL sorry about that Aidan

Hv u read the entire thread? If u havent them dont. Lol

Captian Awesome
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Seriously? I can get my gold back from a mistake?
I dropped my phone while checking my vault and when I picked it up I touched the finish button and spent 350 gold.
I was fairly upset as a was planning on buying some crates.

Aidan
04-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah u can. Email them n state ur case politely. They will check the log n reimbursed ur gold bck. Altho if tht happens like long time ago then it might be a bit difficult. Couldnt hurt trying tho

Bronson
04-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Can I just make a suggestion.......

To everyone who just jumps to the last page to post please take your time with this thread and start from page 1!!!!!

If you enjoyed the thread after reading this message please post a thank you below

StuN
04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Sorry Bronson, didn't realise we were hijacking pffft

Bronson
04-17-2012, 02:15 PM
It's alright stun Aidan has cleared the way on this thread, no matter what we post now nothing will be as bad as THAT

StuN
04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Lol, so true

Miner
07-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Accidentally hit the "Reset Timer" button on the current crate event... with 47 seconds left on the timer! Dang.

War Priest
07-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Accidentally hit the "Reset Timer" button on the current crate event... with 47 seconds left on the timer! Dang.

I still beat you at 14 seconds. :p

Miner
07-23-2012, 12:46 PM
I still beat you at 14 seconds. :p

Ha! They really need to popup a confirmation. I thought for sure the timer was up so I was just moving for the immediat e hit of the "Cash Open" button. Out of anger, I opened the next case with gold just so I didn't have to see a "Sorry" message!

enahs1
07-23-2012, 12:57 PM
This too embarrassing? Lmao

spectra
07-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Noticed in a thread or two (including THAT long one about THAT event) that people have sustained various losses due to poor digital control (aka poor fingering). For some it's akin to losing the Midas touch. You are invited to share your worst slips of the finger....

Me, well I've used newly aquired gold to refill my stamina and I've inadvertently sold a level 4 Military Market and a level 2 Ore Mine.....

TC, I do not have "poor fingering" issues, at least that is what my wife says........;) :p
I am sorry to hear you do.........just keep practicing....you will eventually get it right.....:p

Thunder Child
07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
I wrote that quite a while ago! Since then I've had no fingering problems.... and my wife has a smile on her face most of the time, so I guess this old dog learned a new trick!

Aidan
07-23-2012, 02:50 PM
I wrote that quite a while ago! Since then I've had no fingering problems.... and my wife has a smile on her face most of the time, so I guess this old dog learned a new trick!

You should be thanking me! I taught you that!

James_mac
07-23-2012, 02:59 PM
lol loving the innuendos in this thread

Hondo
07-23-2012, 03:07 PM
This has to be the funniest thread I have ever read. Thanks for bringing it up to the top of this list. Greatness, pure greatness.

spectra
07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
I have my shameful time with a GRUNT too...............:(

I feel so ashamed after I bought it…….that I locked him up in LIMBO so he would never speak of the “incident”

Here is the proof...........and he is not allow any visitors

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/spectra69/IMG_7235.png

Dr. Dengus
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
I've fat fingered a grunt in CC....twice.

spectra
07-23-2012, 03:20 PM

Good to know.........I have been so busy at work, and by the time I caught up with the thread, a few new pages had appeared..................DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... .......PEOPLE............slow down..............hahahahah

Tctiger
07-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Upgraded couple of buildings with tap joy gold by accident , bought a gold unit , say bought it just glitched and appeared in my army , reset box timer with gold picking up my phone ,have nearly sold buildings loads of times like every day and bought a grunt too , easy done on a phone or when it's lagging .

Lordsloss
07-23-2012, 04:51 PM
I sold a level ten munitions stockpile, but support got it back. I also expanded my base when I didn't want too. There went 10 million I was going to use...

Ryans67
07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
I think I have the most expensive mistake... I was in a rush to deliver the last hit on an epic boss and I had less then a minute remaining. I was out of gold, and hurried to buy another vault. I ended up with a vault of CASH, instead of gold. I swear I hit gold, but it was 2am, so it could of been my fault. The boss escapes before I can buy gold, so there goes a bunch of hits at $100k each.

Then it gets worse.... I emailed support about the $60m I have, and I have nothing to spend the cash on. I figure they will make it right. When I wake up, the cash is still there, no word from support. So, fearing the loss of cash from attacks, and suport telling me too bad, I decide to spend the the cash upgrading my nano's. First I have to spend 200 gold to finish my current upgrade, then 400 some odd gold to finish the nano upgrade so I can start the second.

In the end, I spent alot of cash to have a number 2 in front of my nanos.....Never heard back from support.

azy
07-23-2012, 09:44 PM
I managed to reset the event timer (15 gold) with less than 1 minute left on the clock. And I once sold my advanced airbase (lvl2). I'm more careful now!

I thought I was the only idiot who paid 15 gold to save 20 measly seconds, but there's obviously many of us. The rage at the loss of that Tapjoy-sourced gold, you wouldn't believe.

Miner
07-24-2012, 04:45 AM
I think I have the most expensive mistake... I was in a rush to deliver the last hit on an epic boss and I had less then a minute remaining. I was out of gold, and hurried to buy another vault. I ended up with a vault of CASH, instead of gold. I swear I hit gold, but it was 2am, so it could of been my fault. The boss escapes before I can buy gold, so there goes a bunch of hits at $100k each.

Then it gets worse.... I emailed support about the $60m I have, and I have nothing to spend the cash on. I figure they will make it right. When I wake up, the cash is still there, no word from support. So, fearing the loss of cash from attacks, and suport telling me too bad, I decide to spend the the cash upgrading my nano's. First I have to spend 200 gold to finish my current upgrade, then 400 some odd gold to finish the nano upgrade so I can start the second.

In the end, I spent alot of cash to have a number 2 in front of my nanos.....Never heard back from support.

You win. Thread closed.

Mackdaddy
07-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Fat fingered! Does sound rude ha!

My fat fingered losses. 2 grunts and a upgrade now--- it was a level 4 nano! I cried for days.

Fl@sh
07-24-2012, 02:49 PM
I bought gold...

marebear
10-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Bumped for laughs

Exxtraterrestrial
10-07-2013, 06:29 PM
i accidentally sold my level 4 curragh center and a level 10 oil rig; once lost 60 gold just by accidentally buying a crate
gree better put comfirmations on these things.

krill
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Once bought a full LE set while my phone was in my pocket...

Luckily gree fixed it

Arc Burn
10-08-2013, 08:31 AM
I was at a wedding during the last 40% sale...somehow bought a cash instead of gold. I would like to blame the game but I fear it was the effects of several hrs at the reception w the open bar.

Moral of the story don't drink and game haha

Starling
10-08-2013, 08:43 AM
I bought a submarine for 60 gold. It was my prize for buying 1 crate. I tapped tapped tappity tapped too fast when I opened MW that I didn't even notice I bought a crate. I SS the lame low stat sub thinking it was another Gree gift for something. So I asked the faction if everyone got one of these. Then my education started when someone told me I bought a crate.

Thunder Child
10-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Should've stuck my fat fingers in a waste disposal unit after starting this thread - would've saved a whole heap of time and money!

(but look at the fun we've had over the years! YEARS!)

00JUMBO
10-08-2013, 10:21 AM
i accidentally used 40 gold or so accidentally clicking ' tap to finish' button when on a building, bad when your a free player!

Big Red - Nomad
10-08-2013, 11:06 AM

I finished a vault upgrade for 800 gold once. Although more recently I average hitting two to three thing wrong each level of this LTQ. My finger is not fat either, just big boned.

Long dong silver
10-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Only Aidan could post about fat fingerin a Grunt who may or may not have a disease.!!

Best get yourself checked at the clinic Aidan, just to be on the safe side.

Cheers
Lee

senex morosus
10-08-2013, 11:57 AM

No no. Doesnt sound wrong at all. Oh boy Aidan, what did you get yourself into? :p

Grego29
10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I have attacked Anika Ahrens so many times in this FLTQ. It's not funny anymore. I think she has a thing for the Cortez Familia Specialist, because she seems to be following him. At least I think it's a dude. It has long hair ( pony tail). If its a chick, this just got interesting. Although on my android device he is blond with a crew cut.

Romulus.
10-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Lol i bought limited time units set for 1400 gold. Thank god sent a ticket and canceled it.

Hondo
03-14-2014, 10:29 PM
This is what the forums used to be like. One of the funniest threads ever. It deserves a bump.

Everson25
03-15-2014, 04:40 AM
This is what the forums used to be like. One of the funniest threads ever. It deserves a bump.

Hey Hondo! I started laughing when I read all that. You are right! It looks to be fun!