PDA

View Full Version : Where would you put your money?

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Interested to know where people would spend their money on the following higher end sea units. Of course, I can see the att./def. stats for myself, but how good are they in terms of their mortality rates etc. Please don't say all of them or none of them; I'd prefer get an idea of your preferences and a why...

Amphibious Hovercraft 16/16
Mine-Launcher 11/26
Stealth Boat 22/19
Destroyer 25/23

Cheers!

Bronson
04-03-2012, 06:29 AM
I have both AH and ML as they are both very low Mortality rate. Only lost 1 AH and 0 ML.

I am collecting both as AH - strong against ground and ML - strong against sea

The stealth mortality is medium so not got any and haven't unlocked the Destroyer

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks fella! Not really wanting to buy all four, so I'm looking to focus on the 'best' two. Likewise, haven't opened the destroyer... is it also a strong against unit?

Bronson
04-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Ihave gradually moved up the sea ranks so started with frigates then got a boat load(excuse the pun) of sea scouts, then up to some cruisers and AHs.

Now I have the ML unlocked that will be choice of unit for the next few weeks as the defence stat is excellent for that price. (I am working towards the ultimate defence)

Rest of the ship prices sky rocket to well over £1m each after this.

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Looks like we're in the same boat... Back at ya with the pun!

Bronson
04-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Couldn't help on the destroyer "strong against" query but someone will prob have a spreadsheet nicely aligned for us to "sail" thru.

Agent Orange
04-03-2012, 07:01 AM
I have both AH and ML as they are both very low Mortality rate. Only lost 1 AH and 0 ML.

I am collecting both as AH - strong against ground and ML - strong against sea

The stealth mortality is medium so not got any and haven't unlocked the Destroyer

I'd agree your results are similar to mine. I had been buying the Ballistic Missile Sub but it doesn't have a great casualty rate but does kick up my stats and I am playing under the UK flag. But the B-52 has a bit more bang for the buck.

I have been stocking up on a few Mine Launchers but have bought 85 Stealth Surveillance drones for the slightly better defensive kick. Mine Launcher might actually be the better buy now that I revisit the stats and factor in my additional 10%

marebear
04-03-2012, 07:01 AM
You two are "punny" ;)

What?
04-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks fella! Not really wanting to buy all four, so I'm looking to focus on the 'best' two. Likewise, haven't opened the destroyer... is it also a strong against unit?

The destroyer is strong against nothing, but has a "very low" casualty rate. Of these four units you mentioned I have 61 destroyers. 55 amphibious hovercrafts, 20 stealth boats and 33 mine launchers. I have waisted money however on all those amphibious hovercrafts that my army consists of all higher units now and I don't even use them in combat. That is definitely something to consider. They are good units to start with, but eventually may be replaced by stronger units as you advance in the game. Furthermore the stealth boats I have, used to be at its highest 40 units in my inventory. I have lost way more of those units then all the others in discussion here probably combined. So in my opinion the mine launcher and destroyer are your best bet to invest in.

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Properly orange.... Easily one of the best avatars in circulation!

I'd agree your results are similar to mine. I had been buying the Ballistic Missile Sub but it doesn't have a great casualty rate but does kick up my stats and I am playing under the UK flag. But the B-52 has a bit more bang for the buck.

I have been stocking up on a few Mine Launchers but have bought 85 Stealth Surveillance drones for the slightly better defensive kick. Mine Launcher might actually be the better buy now that I revisit the stats and factor in my additional 10%

Bronson
04-03-2012, 07:11 AM
I haven't gone for the drones as didn't want to wait for the upgrade time so went for the mine launcher.

By the by Agent Orange that is a good avatar and he one I would have chosen.

Don't get much chance to speak to you on the threads due to time difference - we are like two passing ships in the night (sorry got the pun disease)

Agent Orange
04-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Thanks guys and big thanks to Mcdoc for tha avatar! I work some odd shifts, usually home in the morning and working afternoons or late nights so I can be online all hours of the day or night. Good hearing from you too!

Warfiend
04-03-2012, 09:07 AM
I haven't unlocked the destroyer or the stealth boat. Currently I'm working on building my fleet of mine launchers.

The hovercrafts are nice, I have some for offensive forces and haven't lost one in the last 50 attacks, but I believe building defense should have a priority over building offense, as you can pick your offensive battles. So once I unlocked the mine launchers, I took a break from building the hovercrafts. The hovercrafts just aren't strong enough defensively to give them a priority in my strategy.

SO, my top pick is the mine launcher. Very low casualty rate, highest defense on the list. When I'm done building these, I will probably be adding more hovercrafts to my offense, assuming I haven't unlocked a better unit by then.

Tate
04-03-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm sure many of you know about this spreadsheet but I figured I'd add the link here. I've only been on the forum for
around 2 months and found this cruising old posts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgjEOMAMom92dFhOellvbTAwQ0dvZGJfYk9EQjMxRn c

It may be helpful....

commandNconquer
04-03-2012, 10:17 AM
i personally went for the lvl 9 airfield instead of sea unit and i am not disappointed you should consider it because the 8/30 drone for 525000$ is really the best option with a really cool very low casualty rate

if you don't want to go for the airfield then i would say mine launcher don't buy hovercrafts .... i have 370 ambulances and now they are nearly all useless

Warfiend
04-03-2012, 10:24 AM
i personally went for the lvl 9 airfield instead of sea unit and i am not disappointed you should consider it because the 8/30 drone for 525000$ is really the best option with a really cool very low casualty rate

I've been debating whether to unlock that next... Do they have a "strong against"?

Bronson
04-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah what are the main units that are strong against air?

StuN
04-03-2012, 10:46 AM
Does anyone know if the aircraft carriers are strong against air?
I'm thinking of upgrading my Dry Docks if they are.
Apart from that, I'm slowly buying AH, ML & Cruisers

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 10:48 AM
My money is going to upgrades. I am stopping again at level 78 to increase my income. I found 200K an hour (average which is just silly) just isn't cutting it. Maybe might move ahead after another big jump.

Warfiend
04-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I've been debating whether to unlock that next... Do they have a "strong against"?

I found the answer, the drones don't have a "strong against". I think I might aim for making my 3rd gen defense a mix of them and the mine launchers, the way I mixed the military ambulances and the sea scouts for my 2nd gen defense lineup.

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 02:41 PM
TC - I don't recall what Nation Bonus you get, but that would be part of the consideration. A 20% Nation Bonus plus a 20% Building Boost for whatever unit type adds 40% to the attack and defense of any unit - so while ALL of the units you listed are great - the one that best suits your needs can be even better if you take advantage of those bonuses.

Personally, I prefer anything that is "Strong Against" either Air or Sea as most people choose one of those unit types to beef up on. I am currently Russia and go for the Air Bonuses - BUT - I also invested in the Naval Research to add some boosts to my Sea units since they have the most desirable Very Low casualty rate.

I really wish they would release a Very Low casualty rate for an Air Unit. Discussed this previously on a post about Uber Units they could release.

Dreno33
04-04-2012, 12:40 PM
soooo... in my case:
SEA:

UK bonus: 20%
Sea Boost Building: 20%
Defense Boost Building: 10 ? %

I will be INDESTRUCTIBLE :D :D :D :D

War Priest
04-04-2012, 12:46 PM
soooo... in my case:
SEA:

UK bonus: 20%
Sea Boost Building: 20%
Defense Boost Building: 10 ? %

I will be INDESTRUCTIBLE :D :D :D :D

Close.

UK Bonus is 10%, Boost buildings are all 20% at level 10.

Dreno33
04-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Close.

UK Bonus is 10%, Boost buildings are all 20% at level 10.

oh, i just went off of McDoc's info. he said 20%. i questioned it but didnt know. tisk tisk Mc(:

War Priest
04-04-2012, 12:57 PM
oh, i just went off of McDoc's info. he said 20%. i questioned it but didnt know. tisk tisk Mc(:

Mcdoc made a boo boo. Last I knew it was 10%. Never did know where the 10% figure came from. In the came it only says bonus to.

Mcdoc
04-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Ooops - Even Superman claims to be human :)