PDA

View Full Version : iTunes issues...

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Anyone here ever have an issue with purchasing gold? I just had one. It seems as if it's being flagged as fraud or if the payment method has insufficient funds... iTunes apparently is just about the weirdest customer service I've ever had the privilege of knowing. I'm sure sooner or later it'll work out but just curious about others here...

So I try to purchase gold, on a number of different cards and same result, contact iTunes support... Strange, Anyone have this happen? If so what was the cause??

iteachem
04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
There have been some issues with visa processing lately.. maybe thats whats going on..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/outage-of-visa-network-kept-people-from-using-credit-debit-cards-for-a-time-sunday-afternoon/2012/04/01/gIQA4qijpS_story.html

Santa
04-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Aww mnju, can't get your hourly gold spree? Are you in withdrawal?

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 08:33 PM
There have been some issues with visa processing lately.. maybe thats whats going on..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/outage-of-visa-network-kept-people-from-using-credit-debit-cards-for-a-time-sunday-afternoon/2012/04/01/gIQA4qijpS_story.html

That's very interesting because earlier I had used 1 Visa successfully for Dairy Queen... (I love chili cheese dogs) But now not only will that not work but others as well...

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Aww mnju, can't get your hourly gold spree? Are you in withdrawal?

Dude! Yes.... (He gets me!) lol

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 08:39 PM
What I foresee happening is as soon as it gets fixed or cleared up, whatever... I will be so pent up I'll splurge...
It's going to be bad.

Ghost818
04-02-2012, 08:42 PM
What I foresee happening is as soon as it gets fixed or cleared up, whatever... I will be so pent up I'll splurge...
It's going to be bad.
Did you buy 2 of the same purchase in a row? When I buy 2 vaults of gold in a row, it doesn't let me go for a third, it says contact iTunes. So what I do instead is purchase a vault of cash (same price) then shoot an email to funzio and inform them of the situation, and they fix it all up, from fellow gold spender to another haha.

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Did you buy 2 of the same purchase in a row? When I buy 2 vaults of gold in a row, it doesn't let me go for a third, it says contact iTunes. So what I do instead is purchase a vault of cash (same price) then shoot an email to funzio and inform them of the situation, and they fix it all up, from fellow gold spender to another haha.

I purchased gold very early this morning. Attempted for a second this evening.. Do you think it's similar?

G Wiz
04-02-2012, 08:47 PM
I have had this happen to me too much. I'd be able to make a purchase, but then they payment doesn't process fast enough (several hours). By then I've already ordered a number 6 from wendys so now Itunes won't let me update anything until my card is sorted.

I feel your pain

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 08:50 PM
This is so freaking weird, annoying and all sorts of bogus.. lol I don't feel shady because I know I've done nothing wrong but still it forces me/us to be servants to our own money or systems... Argh lol

Santa
04-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Luckily, I don't own a credit card. I don't experience all this financial stuff yet. That's what my parents are for. :)

iteachem
04-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Hopefully your parents are teaching you how to manage money.. Bankruptcy is hitting the teens pretty hard right now...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865552016/Bankruptcy-is-a-new-problem-for-teenagers.html

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Luckily, I don't own a credit card. I don't experience all this financial stuff yet. That's what my parents are for. :)

Cute... I like to be in control and not rely on someones approval. Joys of being a working adult.

Ghost818
04-02-2012, 09:04 PM
My card has a security feature, when I use it three times in one day my bank calls me to verify the purchases. What if it's that?

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
My card has a security feature, when I use it three times in one day my bank calls me to verify the purchases. What if it's that?

That would make sense, I didn't reach my limit, I also tried different banks...

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Does anybody ever wonder why Santa is up so late on school nights? Must be a genius to breeze through school... lol

Jill
04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I believe its a common thing happens to me also quite regularly and I also get a grumpy woman from my bank calling me to verify the transaction. Last time she called she said, are you purchasing on Itunes AGAIN .... LOL
But it can be fustrating when you want to do something quickly, I'm assuming your after the Clowning Glory before it disappears LOL I actually seen one guy who has bought it

iteachem
04-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Could be spring break... My district is out this week

Does anybody ever wonder why Santa is up so late on school nights? Must be a genius to breeze through school... lol

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 09:12 PM
I believe its a common thing happens to me also quite regularly and I also get a grumpy woman from my bank calling me to verify the transaction. Last time she called she said, are you purchasing on Itunes AGAIN .... LOL
But it can be fustrating when you want to do something quickly, I'm assuming your after the Clowning Glory before it disappears LOL I actually seen one buy who has bought it

That's what I did earlier! I'm glad I got at least one. Now I just wanted it for crates...

Could be spring break... My district is out this week

Oh yeah.... Either way this kids sharp as a tack!

CounterSniper
04-02-2012, 09:32 PM
I have successfully avoided all of these issues so far by using PayPal.
Paypal pays upfront and reconciles with me later. I have my PayPal set up for a bank account as primary payment method and a credit card as backup but you can do it any way you like. I normally have 1-3 days to deposit money into my bank acct before the backup kicks in but I don't recommend taking chances if you can't cover things.

My main point is that the purchases always go thru with PayPal regardless of available funds at the point of purchase.

Xira
04-02-2012, 10:48 PM
I have had my purchases stopped when purchasing vaults in succession, probably about 5 times. It is a security feature of iTunes store, not my credit card company. Every time it happened a simple email to iTunes store support got it corrected. After about the 5th time I sent them a strongly worded opinion and now they told me they turned it off and it won't happen again, which it hasn't in some time.

I would definitely say to contact the iTunes store support as I did.

I wouldn't be surprised if regardless of payment method (ie PayPal), if you made multiple large purchases in a short period of time, the same would happen. I can't say dire sure however, mine is tied to a credit card.

deuces
04-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Whales ITT. :D

Ghost818
04-02-2012, 11:00 PM
Honest to God, I Hate iTunes support, for many reasons listed below:

1) They are one of the biggest companies in the world (apple) and they have no phone support for the App Stores (both iTunes and the one on the iPod/iPad/iPhone)

2) To contact them regarding the issue that I had (trying to buy gold consecutively 3 times, contact iTunes support to continue this transaction it was only available by email, and they would answer from 24-48 hours. The gold I was buying was on sale and only 5 hours left, which really ticked me off I needed help they weren't there for me -_-

However i got around this, it seems like when this happens, it only blocks the one you are trying to buy consecutively so I bought the cash for the same price, and contacted funzio to just switch em.

When you deal with iTunes issues, thats when you are thankful for Funzio's support.

CounterSniper
04-02-2012, 11:04 PM
I have had my purchases stopped when purchasing vaults in succession, probably about 5 times. It is a security feature of iTunes store, not my credit card company. Every time it happened a simple email to iTunes store support got it corrected. After about the 5th time I sent them a strongly worded opinion and now they told me they turned it off and it won't happen again, which it hasn't in some time.

I would definitely say to contact the iTunes store support as I did.

I wouldn't be surprised if regardless of payment method (ie PayPal), if you made multiple large purchases in a short period of time, the same would happen. I can't say dire sure however, mine is tied to a credit card.

Yup, I was only speaking of my experience thus far but iTunes does suck so bad that it could possibly happen, it just hasn't happened to me,......yet.

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 11:45 PM
i dont understand how this has anything to do with your visa card....

In order to get iTunes credit you have to either get a gift card shipped to you or buy one at a store. I have never heard of adding iTunes credit via online.

venusguy
04-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Anyone here ever have an issue with purchasing gold? I just had one. It seems as if it's being flagged as fraud or if the payment method has insufficient funds... iTunes apparently is just about the weirdest customer service I've ever had the privilege of knowing. I'm sure sooner or later it'll work out but just curious about others here...

So I try to purchase gold, on a number of different cards and same result, contact iTunes support... Strange, Anyone have this happen? If so what was the cause??

I didn't meet a problem when i purchase via iTunes, but i have met the similar problem when i bought a host and i solved this problem by calling their customer service .

Ghost818
04-02-2012, 11:58 PM
i dont understand how this has anything to do with your visa card....

In order to get iTunes credit you have to either get a gift card shipped to you or buy one at a store. I have never heard of adding iTunes credit via online.
There are electronic/digital deliveries nowadays.