PDA

View Full Version : Origin of your name?

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 06:58 PM
With people seemingly opening up more (Know Thy Neighbor), how about taking a few minutes to give a few details about the origins of your forum and/or in-game name? I'm sure it would make compelling reading and maybe a few laughs. You can be as honest as you like. I should start really, but I'm being called away by my job as I write.... see what happens by the time I get back in an hour!

bigflan
04-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I picked bigflan cause flan is eteble and can you guess what food flan is come one I will tell you later though

War Priest
04-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I was the original War Priest on Socom online for PS2 a long time ago and it just stuck. =)

If any of you played that game online you should know who I am. Let me know.

jobadass
04-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I was the original War Priest on Socom online for PS2 a long time ago and it just stuck. =)

If any of you played that game online you should know who I am. Let me know.
Sorry War Priest, I was so wrapped up in GT2, I didn't think playstation had any other games

Warfiend
04-02-2012, 07:12 PM
My handle here was straightforward... Since playing this game I've become a fiend for it and it's a war game... And actually, I've been playing war games on mobile devices for a few years now. I enjoy them.

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Agent Orange was my online gaming handle since about 1984 - 85 when I ran a dial up BBS that was part of a network of Macintosh folks called OneNet.

Niteshooter comes from the type of work I used to do.

bigflan
04-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Anyway flan is pudding that right pudding and I keep forgetting to turn off multi quote whoops

marebear
04-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Mw name Major Mary.. The husband picked it for me. My names Mary obv. Marebear8675309 is my email so I use that. Not too exciting :)

hound
04-02-2012, 07:29 PM
when i first down loaded this game- i was so excited to start playing, i zipped pass the option to add a name- Funzio gave me the name "hound" as a default.
Yep, still here... still playing... dang game is addicting- But, NEVER BUYING GOLD AGAIN!!!!

War Priest
Niteshooter comes from the type of work I used to do.

Hmm... That will get people wondering...

Mcdoc
"Doc" is a nickname for Navy Corpsman
"MC" = Marine Corps - Marines have no designation for medical personel so Navy Corpsman get assigned with every Marine Corp unit. I spent 8 of my 10 years in the Navy on a Marine Base. The Marine Corps falls under the Department of the Navy. There is no Department of the Marine Corps.

Emcee - I am DJ and was also working part time as a DJ while stationed with the Marines who began calling me "McDoc"

I used to play Diablo, Diablo 2, and Star Wars Galaxies for a long time - 10 to 14 hours a day. I avoided War Craft and other games since I know how addicted I am to video games :)

Mcdoc
04-02-2012, 07:33 PM
. Marebear8675309 is my email :)

I used to date (stalk) a girl named Jenny who had your Email as her phone number :)

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Hmm, never good at picking screen names. My name in the forum, "Gixxxah Ridah" is the phonetic spelling of "Gixer Rider" with the Boston Accent. A "Gixer", for those of you who don't ride, or aren't into motorcycles, is the term people use when referring to the Suzuki GSX-R sport bike aka crotch rocket. I've been riding a GSX-R/Gixer for about 11 years and I'm from the Boston area.

My two screen names in MW are Big_Sully_70, which is my nickname and football number and the other is Iran Sheik which I made up when I created my LLP. I chose Iran and thought it was a funny play on words with a reference to the old 80's WWF wrestler and the country I chose.

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Mcdoc, navy vet myself. Was stationed in San Diego for a couple of years. Miss SoCal, I had a lot of fun out there.

Thank you for your service!

overkill 280
04-02-2012, 07:46 PM
My Wife started calling me Overkill, when we were building our house together. Cause if something called for 4 nails, id put in 6 just in case. as well as multiple other instances, and eg. So I just added my Rifle caliber to the end and came up with "Overkill 280. But my game name is just my first name, nothing interesting or special bout that.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 07:58 PM
All in less than an hour! Wow! My own was 'Aidan', being my son's name, but now forever Thunder Child, referring of course to Thor (see avatar if you're unsure who he is!). Slightly narcissistic but recalling childhood godlike dreams, something provided now by MW. Not sure about the movie, but loved the characterization, and have always been a fan of the comic book. Can't beat being a god and master of a natural element!

marebear
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
@mcdoc...lol. I'm like, I'm probably aging myself with the reference but oh we'll. Thanks for your service!!! My husband was an army medic and now we both work in radiology. Ridah we're from Boston too. If I see you out on my bike I'll be sure to wave.

War Priest
04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
All in less than an hour! Wow! My own was 'Aidan', being my son's name, but now forever Thunder Child, referring of course to Thor (see avatar if you're unsure who he is!). Slightly narcissistic but recalling childhood godlike dreams, something provided now by MW. Not sure about the movie, but loved the characterization, and have always been a fan of the comic book. Can't beat being a god and master of a natural element!

If mine wasn't War Priest, it would be something relating to Spartan's.

bigflan
04-02-2012, 08:04 PM
My names are random I was gonna use a swear word but decided not too

War Priest
04-02-2012, 08:05 PM
My names are random I was gonna use a swear word but decided not too

:confused:......................

Wildfire
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Well my in game name should have been Wildfire like my forum name, which I also use in the Call of Duty and Battlefield series on the PC, however, the phone went as I was setting up the account and I didn't notice till too late that I'd emptied the name bit and had replaced it with a j. So I'm just one of many js in the game. Oh and Wildfire was the model of my phone a few years ago!

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-02-2012, 08:19 PM
@mcdoc...lol. I'm like, I'm probably aging myself with the reference but oh we'll. Thanks for your service!!! My husband was an army medic and now we both work in radiology. Ridah we're from Boston too. If I see you out on my bike I'll be sure to wave.

NICE, fellow m*******'s lol!!! Maybe I'll see you guys in Laconia.

War Priest
04-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Well my in game name should have been Wildfire like my forum name, which I also use in the Call of Duty and Battlefield series on the PC, however, the phone went as I was setting up the account and I didn't notice till too late that I'd emptied the name bit and had replaced it with a j. So I'm just one of many js in the game. Oh and Wildfire was the model of my phone a few years ago!

Why don't you send in a ticket and get it changed to Wildfire?

Gixxxah_Ridah
04-02-2012, 08:25 PM

TC, I collected comics as a kid and Thor was one of my favorites. Thor, wolverine, X-Men all must buys every week. If I was going to go with a comic character as a screen name, it would either been "Weapon X/Wolverine" or something to do with Superman like CK, Man of Steel or something else since I loved Superman as a kid and have a Superman tattoo. Lol

Col.34w
04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
I used to race stock cars (Camaros) on dirt tracks. My number was ..you guessed it 34. The W stood for Watsonville speedway. I played Medal of Honor for years and Col.34w seemed appropriate. Haven't played FPS games in awhile since playing MW come to think of it..my Alienware overkill PC sits and rots because of this game!

Col.34w
04-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Agent Orange must be into photography? Astrophotography?

-->FISH<--
04-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Growing up my friends turned my last name into Crawdaddy, then it morphed to Crawfish, then to C-Fish, and finally FISH. Ever since everything I do is FISH. MW,CC (hated it took it off my phone), All the COD games.

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
:O Agent Orange shot people!!!!

...at Night!

Anyways, Mine is just my name. Not going to decipher HOW it is my name. but the five letters are in my name, in order, but thats as confidential as you will get outa me. muahaaaa. and 33 is my favorite/lucky number

Bronco928
04-02-2012, 09:20 PM
SGT Super Fly TNT was inspired by a scene from the movie "Pulp Fiction." The scene where John Travolta & Sammuel JAckson were arguing about being nice, whilst cleaning brain out the back seat.

PorkChopExpress
04-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Name comes from the rig of the most talented character who ever graced the silver screen...

On a side note, U can hit me up on PSN @ PorkCh0pExprss75 (usually playing Black Ops or MW3)...

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Agent Orange must be into photography? Astrophotography?

Good catch yes, spot news photography for many years on the night shift. Bonus pts if you can find my antiquated website....

War Priest
04-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Good catch yes, spot news photography for many years on the night shift. Bonus pts if you can find my antiquated website....

Well, Dreno and I took "nite shooting" the wrong way! :p

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, Dreno and I took "nite shooing" the wrong way! :p

I know..... Mind in the gutter.....

War Priest
04-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I know..... Mind in the gutter.....

Haha, not that. Ok I should speak for myself since I am not exactly for sure how Dreno mean't it, but hearing "Night shooter" doesn't make you think of photography, well to me at least.

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Haha, not that. Ok I should speak for myself since I am not exactly for sure how Dreno mean't it, but hearing "Night shooter" doesn't make you think of photography, well to me at least.

AO is definitely a killa :D

..at night(:

War Priest
04-02-2012, 10:49 PM
AO is definitely a killa :D

..at night(:

Haha, that is how I took it.

Mcdoc
04-02-2012, 10:59 PM

AO - I've been thinking of a really cool Avatar for you - gonna work on it - I hope you will like it.

The one you have kinda creeps me out - LoL

War Priest
04-02-2012, 11:06 PM

AO - I've been thinking of a really cool Avatar for you - gonna work on it - I hope you will like it.

The one you have kinda creeps me out - LoL

It's the homepage image of his webpage. =) (Don't know if I am allowed to post it)

Found it buddy. But it was kind of cheating... I am sure you know why. :p

JackRakan93
04-03-2012, 12:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4S21u.jpg

As for my in-game name Chupika... Yea.

Bronson
04-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Name comes from the rig of the most talented character who ever graced the silver screen...

On a side note, U can hit me up on PSN @ PorkCh0pExprss75 (usually playing Black Ops or MW3)...

I have never seen Mr Bond ride the porkchop express? You must mean the 2nd most talented character to ever grace the silver screen ;)

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 12:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4S21u.jpg

As for my in-game name Chupika... Yea.

Yo Jack - you should crop that photo and make it your avatar :)

Bronson
04-03-2012, 12:52 AM
Morning, evening, afternoon (please choose according to time zone)

Don't know how they do it in other countries but here we don't call men by Christian names it's either nicknames or Surnames. So because my surname is quite long the lazy buggers shortened it and then it morphed into "Charlie". Then out of no where someone started calling me Charlie Bronson.

Then as said earlier we only use surnames so then I started getting called Bronson and it has stuck for the last 15 years so that is now always my alter ego/ computer game name.

JohnnyR
04-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Forum name-first name's John and I like the letter "r," which can stand for rockit, rocker, renegade, or anything else cool. B-)

In game name-JohnStriderOfDoom is a mashup of my name and a favorite Iced Earth song, "Stormrider" with doom thrown in for emphasis, lol.

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 04:41 AM
I picked mine based on pure silliness. nothing like getting your butt kicked by someone named poopenshire.

Aidan
04-03-2012, 04:53 AM
My in-game name is Aidan. It's my son's name. I hv other game name like VitoCorleone tht i usually used. It's from the 'Godfather' since i like tht movie so much.
Fr MW i decided to use Aidan coz Aidan is a common irish name n i was sure tht there will be alot of Aidan in the game. My intent was to make me kind of invincibles with a name tht doesnt stand out much in game.
IMO it does gives me a small adv. Dont know bout others, when i do pvp, naturally i tend to clicked on plyrs tht hv OTT names, celeb names or funny names. N sometimes, when i've alrdy gone thru my rivals list fr like 30 mins, i tend to skip the common name thinking tht i've alrdy checked on their bases. Common name also tend to make people easier to forget.
Ultimately, it's the att, def n their cash r what matters but names will be the first stage of pvp... Fr me anyways.

Nicz
04-03-2012, 04:56 AM
For my part, i didnt know what name to take, so i took my girlfriend's one, Noella...what a pity lol

Nicz
04-03-2012, 04:57 AM
...Just to get Senior Member hihi

Aidan
04-03-2012, 05:31 AM
I think i wanna change my name to roberto malone. Who wanna guess where it comes from?

Edit: n congratz nicz on ur seniority. Now u hv the rights to bully all those junior

Sepi
04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
In game name-JohnStriderOfDoom is a mashup of my name and a favorite Iced Earth song, "Stormrider" with doom thrown in for emphasis, lol.

\m/

Sepi is a nickname for old Finnish first name Seppo (not my real name), which original etymology is far more interesting as it means literally blacksmith in our national epic Kalevala, written by philogist Elias Lönnrot. In common use, Sepi then again may be refered as your "Average Joe or Jack", a guy who everybody knows or at least somebody knows someone who´s been drinking with this guy. Something between hard-working and valiant "true man" and total bum. ;)

marebear
04-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I think i wanna change my name to roberto malone. Who wanna guess where it comes from?Edit: n congratz nicz on ur seniority. Now u hv the rights to bully all those junior

Man whore!!!!! Lmao.

Brown chicken brown cow.. Bow chicka wow wow..

Ramshutu
04-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Ramshutu was the game name of my main character in Everquest, many many years ago.

My original character was Ramshu, for some reason that I can't remember. This character was on a friends account though, so i when I created my proper eq account I had to chose a new name and I couldnt think of anything better than Ramshu two...

Scabbyfeet
04-03-2012, 11:37 AM
When I was kid my grandmother always had these "scabs" on her feet for some reason . Back then we always would laugh and make jokes. Me being the leader of the jokes , I got stuck with the nickname " scabby" . Lucky me huh . It has always been my screen name going back to the ultima online days .

War Priest
04-03-2012, 11:39 AM
When I was kid my grandmother always had these "scabs" on her feet for some reason . Back then we always would laugh and make jokes. Me being the leader of the jokes , I got stuck with the nickname " scabby" . Lucky me huh . It has always been my screen name going back to the ultima online days .

Haha weird... :p

Scabbyfeet
04-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Haha weird... :pYeah kinda weird when my mom calls me scabby sometimes . Haha

JackoV
04-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Well my name... Do I need to explain it? LoL

Aidan
04-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Well my name... Do I need to explain it? LoL

How many times a week? Or a day? Lololol

Bronson
04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
How many times a week? Or a day? Lololol

ROFL big lols

JackoV
04-03-2012, 12:58 PM
trolololololol

Colonelbob
04-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Colonelbob has been my gaming and online name, well basically since I got my first computer, back then I dialed into the BBS with my lightning fast 2400 baud modem. Lol. No real story, just a name I picked.

Dreno33
04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Colonelbob, your dog is too innocent. His smile is very... smiley(:

overkill 280
04-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Colonelbob, your dog is too innocent. His smile is very... smiley(:Hahahaha ok

Maverick50727
04-04-2012, 09:29 AM
I've stated this to a number of people, but I don't remember how I got Maverick. I've been using it as a callsign in games since the early 80's long before the Tom Cruise Top Gun movie came out. But I did have a Goose and Iceman as allies at one point before I reduced my count. LOL

My forum name is Maverick50727 just to be unique. In game I'm just Maverick and there are many with the same name, I even saw one about 1 level from me at one point in my rivals list that had the same nation and case name. So it might not be me attacking some people and explains some comments I have had posted to my wall from people I had never heard of before. In the end there can be only one - Highlander.

As for my Lone Ranger avatar in the forum. I switched to that after I had numerous people asking me privately for help on the forum and in game on my wall. I had the Hallmark Lone Ranger XMAS tree ornament on my tree and it reminded me of times long past. Seemed a fitting Avatar as I tried to ride in and save the day. If I have time I will try to help people as it make for better rivals and adds challenge to the game. When somone requests help from me, I look at their ally stats one on one to evaluate thier issues, unit makeup, best strategies, etc. thus it is often called my "White Horse Analysis" because of my Avatar. I typically help "free" players as they need the most assistance.

Everson25
04-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Well, mine is my name as well. I guess, when I openend my account I even didn't realize that i could be more creative. The reason for 25 is that is one of my favorite numbers. If I could change my settings I would change for Wolverine. It's one of my favorite comic books. It's a mix of the agression and the love and protection of those around you.

Ducati
04-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi all,
My ingame names are : Ducati and Dutchduc. (iPad and iPhone)
Why, I have one and I am Dutch

Very interesting forum btw, a lot of usefull information

cheiz
04-05-2012, 05:13 AM
My forum and in-game names are the same: Cheiz (cheiz @ lvl67 and Cheiz @lvl39)
Since there are also some Dutch members here: I just phonetically replaced all the letters in my real first name: Gijs

For the English speaking majority here, I don't recommend trying to pronounce that. I suppose most close would be "Chise" where the Ch sounds sort of like the ch in "Bach"

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Well, mine is my name as well. I guess, when I openend my account I even didn't realize that i could be more creative. The reason for 25 is that is one of my favorite numbers. If I could change my settings I would change for Wolverine. It's one of my favorite comic books. It's a mix of the agression and the love and protection of those around you.
You can change your name! I did and so have others. Just send a polite ticket to support asking them to change it, and within three days or so, they will...

Everson25
04-05-2012, 08:27 AM
You can change your name! I did and so have others. Just send a polite ticket to support asking them to change it, and within three days or so, they will...

Thanks TC! I read before about it but I wasn't sure yet. I will drop a line to 'support' requesting the change.

Everson25
04-05-2012, 09:06 AM
It's a stupid question, but how can I send the ticket TC? I looked for the support around but couldn't find it. I imagine is in front of my nose. It must be age or i really need to change my glasses.

Bronson
04-05-2012, 09:16 AM
It's a stupid question, but how can I send the ticket TC? I looked for the support around but couldn't find it. I imagine is in front of my nose. It must be age or i really need to change my glasses.

First click the clipboard then go to "more" then "help" and you will see "contact support" in top left corner

Thunder Child
04-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Resurrected for newer members with an interest in identifying who they are dealing with or reading about!

bilbo baggins
04-13-2012, 12:57 AM
1st thing that came into my head.