PDA

View Full Version : What do people get out of constantly beating someone else up?

Sdot
04-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Am I missing something here? I don't get it. I never have money on hand, no defense explosives. What exactly do they get out of it. I have these 2 players that constantly attack me, I don't really mind cuz it doesn't cost me anything but Im just trying to understand why they would go through the bother of looking for me in the rivals list just to attack me. They are many levels higher than me and are willing to spend way more real money than I am so I know I can't attack them back, but I have never felt the need since playing the game to specifically seek out certain players. What's the deal? I can't see myself searching out specific lower level players and attacking them over and over again, what is there to get out of that?

Babytway
04-02-2012, 11:00 AM
are you 499 mafia members, or have you robbed them before?

Pekersss
04-02-2012, 11:02 AM
TL goals, revenge, being 499, etc. Could be a number of things.

Ghost818
04-02-2012, 11:15 AM
No hes 500, maybe you pissed off their lower level "friends" and they are sending their higher level "friends" after you? Heck, I only get beat up by payam every couple of days (multiple times a day, even after I proposed to him I am neutral in his wars) but he still robs my laundromats all day er'day.

iteachem
04-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Could be a respect goal agenda for the thug life, Winning Streak goals. I have a winning streak goal of 100 right now (I am level 60 something) and it doesn't matter the size or level of who I attack so I could easily hit someone lower then me.

Swifty
04-02-2012, 11:17 AM
I do it for respect points.

You probably drop more respect than I could get from robbing a laundromat.

And I am not trying to minimize my xp.

erik
04-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Sdot,

If you are a good collector, then they have likely learned your name and know they can attack you for certain victory. Your name stands out (it did for me anyways). I have a group of names I look for whenever I need to spend stamina points fast. I don't look to always hit them, but I sure do in a pinch.

RP and TL are their reward of course, and for some like me, exp.

Vile Lynn
04-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Sdot, it might just seem like they are always attacking you but you could simply be frequently showing up on their rivals list and not already too beat up. You are probably not the only one they attack. Unless you attack back or rob back & taunt them, they are just lucky to find you. Lots of attacks are not about the cash but for goals, RPs, & EPs and not personal. I would guess that you have more than 500 mafia.

Sdot
04-02-2012, 11:26 AM
No it's none of the above. Been 500 always have been. Can't be thug life goals they're are plenty to choose from. They're stats are above 40's. Never robbed them, except for one and only after he robbed me a good ten times first. If it was a revenge thing wouldn't they say "this is for so and so". Otherwise its not really revenge cuz I'm not made aware of who it's for. I think it's all hilarious, I would never have the time to actively seek out someone. I just hit whoever shows up and move on down the line.

Sdot
04-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Sdot, it might just seem like they are always attacking you but you could simply be frequently showing up on their rivals list and not already too beat up. You are probably not the only one they attack. Unless you attack back or rob back & taunt them, they are just lucky to find you. Lots of attacks are not about the cash but for goals, RPs, & EPs and not personal. I would guess that you have more than 500 mafia.

I guess this is the most likey scenario but it just seems a Lil fishy that they are on my feed every 4-6 hrs of every single day for a month now like clockwork. I gotta believe that there are hundreds of players to choose from rather than clicking on my name every day.

i need muney
04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
"Because they can" is an option too.

Sdot
04-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Yea u guess so. It explains a lot actually.

I could seek out a player below me and attack them over and over because "I can". I just wouldnt get anything out of that and don't see the point

koralene
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
You've obviously pissed somebody off... i only attack relentlessly when somebody has trash talked on my wall... i will seek them out and attack every 2 hours.

Max Power
04-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Many times I am at work or otherwise distracted so I hit my rivals list and blind attack the people that are a sure thing. Amazingly, it's pretty easy to remember who is soft and who has fangs. If you never nailed them, that is my guess.

You should use "Alex" instead.

G Wiz
04-02-2012, 01:53 PM
I am actually the guy that constantly robs and attacks sdot. reason being because i do have his high paying buildings timed, and simply because he/she is at the top of my empire times (was the last person to attack me in like a week). Also, this person is helping me accomplish goals...so its kind of like killing a plethora of birds with one stone.

Fricco
04-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Also, this person is helping me accomplish goals...so its kind of like killing a plethora of birds with one stone.

i just had an idea for a crazy game where instead of stones you use birds to knock down the stones,
anyone interested in investing with me.....:p

G Wiz
04-02-2012, 02:04 PM
i just had an idea for a crazy game where instead of stones you use birds to knock down the stones,
anyone interested in investing with me.....:phmmmm, an inverted cliche?

--SOLD--

Ghost818
04-02-2012, 02:06 PM
I think you guys just made some birds very very angry :mad:

jobadass
04-02-2012, 02:06 PM
I guess this is the most likey scenario but it just seems a Lil fishy that they are on my feed every 4-6 hrs of every single day for a month now like clockwork. I gotta believe that there are hundreds of players to choose from rather than clicking on my name every day.
Leave a message on their walls. Extend the olive branch and ask to mob up. If they are too powerful for you to rob, no sense in getting nasty with them, they will start hitting you every hour. It certainly doesn't sound like you are an unreasonable person.

Sdot
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
I am actually the guy that constantly robs and attacks sdot. reason being because i do have his high paying buildings timed, and simply because he/she is at the top of my empire times (was the last person to attack me in like a week). Also, this person is helping me accomplish goals...so its kind of like killing a plethora of birds with one stone.

Must be more than one sdot Can't be me. I don't blind attack. And I never get my buildings robbed, unless I want them too, to sync a different time

G Wiz
04-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Wow doppelganger. My bad man.

Yea the other S dot is completely oblivious to this stuff...lvl 10 warehouses, beachclubs etc.

mdtacor
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
great way to relieve stress :D

URDead
04-02-2012, 03:56 PM
I have managed to steal some good stuff from people by attacking them.....Nothing great, but better than some of the things my mobsters are currently carrying. So, when I take a look at someone´s inventory, and they have a lot of goodies, I attack them until I get something I like. It actually has been pretty productive for me lately and a good way to break the monotony of the game.....

DCjG
04-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I hit an sdot just about every day for TL goals!
I'm super easy to get rid of.... Go 499! Of course, then you're just swapping who hits you.
I can ease up but with the limited supply of 500s at this level (assuming your the sdot I hit) it'll just be someone else.

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 04:04 PM
I just went through something like this with someone who robbed me, he got about 200k. No biggy, I went back to his hood to attack him just because I had a link, I was stronger, he was 500 and I farm RP... Ok again no biggy... He writes on my wall a time to return so I can rob his big dollar buildings, seemed friendly... I was busy, he writes again...
He became confused and upset not understanding why I would attack him and not take his money, My main goals are Respect Points... RPG, Exeleros, Chain Whips, Full Combat Gear...

So to OP, sorry but, it's easier to return to the same place, no hassle in making sure you're strong enough or not.