PDA

View Full Version : Losing too much cash in Fights !

Fedup
04-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Hiya,

Is anyone having this issue,

When someone attacks me who is fair play to them stronger than me they win the fight fair play, thats the game...but

I am losing massive amounts of cash one player took me for 789k in one fight !

I am upgrading my vault but the upgrade right now is 112 hours just to get to 1.5 mill, i dread to think how long the next one is going to take.

I am a level 85 and I wouldnt mind if this was the odd time here and there but every day am being stripped of massive amounts of cash from players take the other day for example..

this is from my situation report this was the same player attacking me.. (different to one above who took 798k)

lost over 600k on this one, yet suppossedly won 2 fights!

1. you lost 159986 (1 medic)
2. you won 14989
3. you lost 394452 (1 amphibious trooper, 1 chinook helipcopter, 1 transport, 1 engineer, 1 hum-vee
4. you won 0 (lost 1 seahawk helicopter)
5. you lost 106762 (1 medic, 1 amphibious tropper, 1 seahawk helicopter, 1 combat boat, 1 briefcase)

now when I fight people and I win I dont get any cash from them at all, even though they have massive bank balances and no way the vault has protected that much cash, they were much weaker than me and all i got for my efforts were a few paltry gold stars couple of valor and if am lucky a tree sniper !, yet lose big ticket items like subs and stealth boats, sea scouts, anti aircraft cannons, leopard tanks and such. if i am lucky to get some cash it ranges from $3 to a couple of thousand.

I have tried fighting people with similar stats / units to me, hence not only preying on weak as per say and makes no difference.

now before anyone says well its unprotected cash so its there for the taking and tough luck, let me stop you there, I dont mind losing some cash but they are taking huge sums of money from me and i dont get huge sums of money back in any of my fights, something is really wrong there.

I am trying to buy some more buildings but cant get the cash together because every time i go over my vault amount someone comes along and helps themselves. now am not a weak player I have a lot of troops and units and high defense/attack, over 15000 (lots of high value) and i spend most of my money on troops but these constant attacks honestly its just a waste as they get taken off me too.

At the rate of the vault upgrades its going to take months to protect the amount of cash you need for the higher end units upgrades and troops & expansions.

and while am on my soap box these upgrade times are just stupid, as you cant do anything while upgrading or expanding and you lose the income from the money building thats taking 72 hours to upgrade and the timer starts when the upgrade has ended so u talking about 100 hours down on that cash.

on my latest goal i have to build 75 buildings, am at 56 now and i have two of everything (no gold buildings) (one oilrig and only got that because i was lucky enough to end a level start a new one and at the same time get a lot of money out of a couple of briefcases at the event otherwise i would never have had that either)
I added up how many buildings there is left to buy and cant do the 75 goal by buildings alone, i would have to buy a rack of defensive buildings and chuck them on but with land updradenow prices in excess of 2 million a pop and 48 hours a piece thats not seeming feesible either.

I play the game properly, i fight for my valor units and goals only, i raid if i am a couple of quid short for next upgrade , expansion or new building or troop i need to do a mission or goal, but the losses in the raids are at such an unacceptable level of high end units it isnt worth it any more at this level.

and the goals where its win 41 consective battles without losing any, u have a weak player and ur at 40 / 41 and lose the last fight and u back to zero its totally out of order and no way should that have been lost.

i have taken to fighting people when i have no bank balance because if i fight and lose them they get massive chucnks of cash out of me too and its totally unbalanced and something isnt right.

Also I have played 2 of these events now and same as most posters on here get stuck at 8 or 9 and never get the last and stupidly i bought gold on previous one to open all boxes and never got it so incidentally did not spend on this event at all and ended up with same result, 8 documents in 2 days and last 5 days stupid things like 500 valor or an ally what a waste (although i did get some cash as mentioned above)

as it stands am now at a stalemate in the game and being forced to do nothing but upgrades and keep under my vault amounts and i wont even be able to do that soon because the upgrade prices are just stupid, cant earn money fast enough in this game and am fed up bored and want to play but cant as there is no point when all my mission money is stolen is vast quanties and btw am on 116k income an hour.

Bronson
04-02-2012, 06:52 AM
You need a complete change in strategy as you levelled up far to quick. There are more learned forum members on here than myself who will be along shortly to offer you the best advise (like agent orange) and there is an FNG guide which can help you also.

My tactics have changed slightly over last couple of days but I would say spend on defense. Stock up on the best defensive unit you have for your country (unless your Iran or USA) and look for best "strong against units" such as sea scout and make it as difficult as possible for people to attack you and make a profit because with the cash you have over your vault you have painted a big bullseye on your back.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 06:53 AM
You are seriously under-vaulted for your level. By level 85 a lot of players have their vaults at 10m. Also, how many allies do you have?

Fedup
04-02-2012, 07:08 AM
I have 539 allies, I have been upgrading my vault since the day i started this game (late January), every time it ends i click upgrade again but its taking so long.
I did notice after a recent upgrade that that the vault upgrade times jumped massively

PorkChopExpress
04-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Fedup, I'm at the same level (but haven't seen u or hit u), and realized about 5-10 levels ago that I leveled up too quickly (60 levels in the first 30-40 days, 15-25 levels in the last 30-40). My vault is @ 2.5 and growing... What I'm doing is investing in my vault (even though it'll take a week per new level), land (even @ high prices - just so I have enough space for the new buildings I need to get to 75), and (when I cant build, improve an existing building, or build new land) I invest in my troops (starting with as high end as I can afford 5 of, cuz buying one of something just seems pointless to me).

Until your vault is big enough or you have enough land to build, you may want to follow the same strategy... Good luck (add me if u need an ally)!

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Fedup, if you take the combined advice of Bronson (defensive units) and PorkChopExpress (vault and land) you should be ok, but it is going to take a while. Additionally, stop all missions, attacks and raids. You do not want to level up any more for some time.

Fedup
04-02-2012, 07:42 AM
ok thanks for ur advice guys, will give it a bash.

I hate camping lol dont have the patience to put the game down for hours on end pmsl, just wanna play

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 07:47 AM
ok thanks for ur advice guys, will give it a bash.

I hate camping lol dont have the patience to put the game down for hours on end pmsl, just wanna play

If you go much further without a vault etc. you are going to endure losses which make your current situation look decidedly pleasant. Personally, I'm finding the interim camping experience both interesting and challenging.

I sent you a PM (private message) by the way.

Bronson
04-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Yeah I have invented a new strategy tailor made for my addictive nature.

I feel like standing up and saying "My names Bronson and I am a PVP addict" lol

So now to keep me active while doing no missions or attacks I am upgrading my 1 hour storage silos to get to level 10 (as I am always on the game within an hour + when next event comes around those babies will pay for the cases/boxes themselves)

So that keeps me doing something plus I have set a defense target so I have a "goal" to aim for.

I hit original target which is why I have allied up

Bronson
04-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Just logged back in and i must be the newest face on the block just got attacked 3 times in half hour. I won them all and took £30k lol

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 08:08 AM
Yup, it's wake up time across both our ponds!

Bronson
04-02-2012, 08:12 AM
Yup, it's wake up time across both our ponds!

What's the time over with you TC?

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Gone midnight... Should knock this on the head and get some sleep... Should!

Aidan
04-02-2012, 08:36 AM
Hiya,

Is anyone having this issue,

When someone attacks me who is fair play to them stronger than me they win the fight fair play, thats the game...but

I am losing massive amounts of cash one player took me for 789k in one fight !

I am upgrading my vault but the upgrade right now is 112 hours just to get to 1.5 mill, i dread to think how long the next one is going to take.

I have tried fighting people with similar stats / units to me, hence not only preying on weak as per say and makes no difference.

now before anyone says well its unprotected cash so its there for the taking and tough luck, let me stop you there, I dont mind losing some cash but they are taking huge sums of money from me and i dont get huge sums of money back in any of my fights, something is really wrong there.

First of all u obviously hv leveled up far too quickly n at level 85 with 1.5 m vault is pretty much suicidal. Almost 80% of plyrs will n shud hv maxed vault 10 million by tht lvl.

The 789k tht u mentioned is not frm just 1 attck. It's probably from 10 attcks. When u r attcked by a plyr multiples time in a quick successions, the news feed will lump it all in 1 report. The max tht u cn get from a player in 1 attck is 300k. If tht persons hv more thn 3 million unvaulted cash n were attcked 10 times, the news feed will say "U LOST 3m, u were attcked by...."

they were much weaker than me and all i got for my efforts were a few paltry gold stars couple of valor and if am lucky a tree sniper !, yet lose big ticket items like subs and stealth boats, sea scouts, anti aircraft cannons, leopard tanks and such. if i am lucky to get some cash it ranges from $3 to a couple of thousand.

Ur numbers doesnt seems to add up, u said u hv over 15k in attck but if yet u r bringing units like sea scout into battles. It only hv 3 stat in attck. U shud not be bringing sea scout into battle. Try to increase ur attck stat by bringing at least units tht hv 7 attck stat as ur lowest unit.

on my latest goal i have to build 75 buildings, am at 56 now and i have two of everything (no gold buildings) (one oilrig and only got that because i was lucky enough to end a level start a new one and at the same time get a lot of money out of a couple of briefcases at the event otherwise i would never have had that either)
I added up how many buildings there is left to buy and cant do the 75 goal by buildings alone, i would have to buy a rack of defensive buildings and chuck them on but with land updradenow prices in excess of 2 million a pop and 48 hours a piece thats not seeming feesible either.

I play the game properly, i fight for my valor units and goals only, i raid if i am a couple of quid short for next upgrade , expansion or new building or troop i need to do a mission or goal, but the losses in the raids are at such an unacceptable level of high end units it isnt worth it any more at this level.

U do not hv to follow the goals tht were set up fr u. If u r not ready to take on missions tht require high priced units then dont. U also dont hv too build 75 buildings. Not yet anyways. Because u hv leveld up too quickly n hv small vault, u need to put on every penny u hv on upgrading vault n buy defensive units ie medic,ambulance,sea scout. Forget bout building new building, u r not ready yet. Those shall not b ur priority. U need to focus on vault n def def def def.

IMO, following the goals tend to punish u a bit in terms of making u levelling too quick, making u buy high prices units like leopard tank tht die as often as kenny south park did. Used up too much of ur cash n time doing things tht r not ur priority at tht time ie, instead of putting ur money on upgrading vault, u bought n expansions coz the goal was to build a certain number of expansions.

JohnnyR
04-02-2012, 09:06 AM
I have 539 allies, I have been upgrading my vault since the day i started this game (late January), every time it ends i click upgrade again but its taking so long.
I did notice after a recent upgrade that that the vault upgrade times jumped massively

You might want to reduce your ally count. Rivals are determined by level and ally number, the more allies you have, the more you will be hit by big boys who can equip themselves with stronger units and more of them. You want a "dense" army. This means stronger units with higher attack points. At your level, worst unit should be sniper-I think that is pushing it, and you should be pouring your valor into the strongest attack units, no cheapies. Lower your ally count, fill your ranks with stronger units, and ally back up slowly. Your vault is a huge problem now, this tactic might place you in a region of less risk, and you might be able to pvp if you find weak enough rivals.

Fedup
04-02-2012, 12:37 PM
To be honest, I dont have any problem finding weaker players to fight if i want valor for units and yeah i am picking higher value valor guys and quite a few, bit some are still locked to me and yeah perhaps i did level up fast but am one of those unfortunate players that buildings were locked to me until certain levels and people were creaming me on lower levels who had these buildings that were still locked to me and i needed those buildings for the cash flow and to unlock stronger troops, at any one time, i have land expanding, vault upgrading , buildings upgrading, building buildings and buying troops, the best i can afford (that are unlocked). I didnt realise i was so far behind with the vault issue though as i have been upgrading it constantly but its so dam slow. i dont really attack anyone due to heavy casulty losses anymore, i did at lower levels to get cash (raid) and (fight) valor its people attacking me and taking all my cash very often within only about 15-20 mins of me earning it and looking at my rivals list there isnt that many that are stronger than me, and btw its always the same rivals all the way up the levels on this game, i hardly ever see new names there. the vault is only going up in small increments but taking for ever, 112 hour to go from 1mill to 1.5 mill is crazy, what are the times like to get to the 10 mill max, as i said its not been that i havent been upgrading it i have been and it seems silly to me to halt the game to wait on vault upgrades, i do need to the cash to pay for this stuff lol

JohnnyR
04-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Think it was 164 or so hours to upgrade to 5 mill....ya gotta ways to go. Not alone though, screwed myself over as well in the beginning, tis a tough mistake to rectify but you'll get there. Least ya got decent stats.

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Well the main problem is that you are leaving cash exposed, if I found you I would hit you up until your head popped... so either use the vault which you don't have or buy units with the surplus cash.

If that is the case you need to assess your armies density, in other words if you are buying meat shields stop, you are wasting your cash IMHO and should instead have leveled up your unit buildings and now be buying expensive units to increase your armies density.

I would also assess my base setup, do you have defensive buildings and are they positioned in such a way that they are actually defending your money buildings? That is one of the biggest things I see wrong with many bases, folks put their defensive buildings around the perimeter of their base thinking that that will do something not realizing that the buildings coverage (that blue halo) is not touching anything worth defending.

jobadass
04-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I would suggest investing your money. Grow your Vault, grow your base, buy high end units, always be building and upgrading existing buildings.

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Just logged back in and i must be the newest face on the block just got attacked 3 times in half hour. I won them all and took £30k lol

i get attacked about twice every 2.5hours. then again, i do have over 6m cash lol. gotta save up tho! at least i win too haha. just checked. now I'm 111/0 fights and still 0/0 raids. plus the initial 2 jobs from tutorial

War Priest
04-02-2012, 01:45 PM
i get attacked about twice every 2.5hours. then again, i do have over 6m cash lol. gotta save up tho! at least i win too haha. just checked. now I'm 111/0 fights and still 0/0 raids. plus the initial 2 jobs from tutorial

Right now I have a little over 17 mil with a 3.5 vault (upgrade finishes in 4 minutes so will be higher) and so many people try to get at that. =)

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Right now I have a little over 17 mil with a 3.5 vault (upgrade finishes in 4 minutes so will be higher) and so many people try to get at that. =)

at a boy champ.

"Your buildings brings all 'dem boys to your base and you're like, "I've bought 2 thousand crates" and they're like, still up in you face. They keep on raidin' but it's just a waste..."

Mcdoc
04-02-2012, 02:20 PM
Right now I have a little over 17 mil . . . so many people try to get at that. =)

Sounds like a Big Booty problem - people always trying to get at that Big Booty (pirate term for treasure - slang term for Badonkadonk)

Mcdoc
04-02-2012, 02:51 PM
@Fedup: Seriously dude - your vault is too small (that's what SHE said).

Please take my advice below as a desire to help and not a desire to kick you in the nuts.

I've been upgrading my vault every second of the game once I realized from these forums what it was and how it worked. The FNG guide talks about always have:

1) Vault Expansion in process
2) Land expansion in process
3) Building upgrade in process
4) New building under construction

Im level 88 - been playing since late December - my vault is at 5 mil & I'm still 20 hours away from finishing expanding to the net level - and guess what - as soon as I see that timer is done - I'll be starting another 192 hour vault upgrade. my vault should have already been maxed at 10 million - and so should yours - an indication that we both leveled up too fast

In the meantime, the only way to avoid being an ATM for much stronger players:

1) Lower your Allie count down to 100 to 150. You said you have no problem finding weak players - ****News Flash**** YOU are the weak player for a lot of other people and you don't have enough strong units yet to need that many Allies. The most immediate benefit is that you should find yourself out of reach of those who see you as chum.

2) invest any money over your vault into DEFENSIVE UNITS. Ambulances and Sea Scouts - you should have 50 of each. When you reach that goal - then you should try to get 100. I have a lot of gold units - so One of my units is equally to 25 to 50 low level units people get from doing the missions - so I don't carry 100 ambulances or Sea Scouts - but it couldn't hurt. Even now when I am raiding - if my cash goes up to $5,850,000 - I'll buy to Opsreys to get my money back below my vault. Funny thing is, even when I spend big money on new buildings - I'm usually back up near my vault level in 2 days from attacking / raiding / collecting.

Lastly
3) there is a way to bank your money outside your vault - but you lose 50% on withdrawal. That is to fill up some of yor empty spaces with $50,O00 palm trees. They take up one tiny little milispace and no one else can see them but you - but I would rather lose 50% when I decided to sell them at the exact moment I need my cash rather than lose 100% of my unvaulted cash when someone bigger and stronger than me (and there is ALWAYS someone bigger and stronger) decides to take my cash like taking candy from a baby.

In the meantime - I would also camp out or rather "turtle" until your vault is at least 5 million and your attack / defense scores are at least 20k with 300 allies - with the real goal of being 30k attack/defense with 500 allies right before you cross over to 90 ( that's my new goal).

Hope something here helps :)

Tate
04-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Fedup,
Pay attention to what you're hearing here, this is just constructive advice!
I started out I similar to what you've been doing buy finally figured out I was doing something wrong when I lost all the time! AO once told me to "quit attacking!" so I paid attention, read A LOT of the forum advice and started to make a difference. It will all come together eventually, patience is the key... Oh yeah, and all of this great advice ;-)

Luke7676
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Deffinetly get your vault to 10mil as soon as you can. Mine is almost 10 here in a couple more hours and I'm 69 would have had it done sooner if I kept upgrading when I should have early on. Your gonna need that extra vault space and cash once you cross that lvl 90 line.

Mcdoc
04-02-2012, 08:13 PM
This is what it looks like when you put a lot of hidden stat points on defense:

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7798/winmoneycropped.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/winmoneycropped.jpg/)

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 09:15 PM
dammm yall, i put some thought into those remix lyrics. no compliments no nuttin... ill just crawl back to mah base i guess... :b

War Priest
04-02-2012, 09:26 PM
at a boy champ.

"Your buildings brings all 'dem boys to your base and you're like, "I've bought 2 thousand crates" and they're like, still up in you face. They keep on raidin' but it's just a waste..."

dammm yall, i put some thought into those remix lyrics. no compliments no nuttin... ill just crawl back to mah base i guess... :b

Haha it's funny man. I just didn't know what to reply exactly.

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Haha it's funny man. I just didn't know what to reply exactly.

obviously you reply with "Damm right, it's better than yours!"

War Priest
04-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Just managed to bring my attack score up by 1292 and defense up by 917. Bought the three LE units and some new crates.

JMC
04-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Casualty rate seems out of control once again for me. Almost every fight is netting a valor unit loss or sometimes 2. Don't know why it's so inconsistent and changes randomly. I've lost probably 6 super hornets and 10 M270s trying to complete a single multiple fronts mission, which im still not done. Attacking all players with 25% or less stats in defence than my attack.

Mcdoc
04-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Casualty rate seems out of control once again for me. Almost every fight is netting a valor unit loss or sometimes 2. Don't know why it's so inconsistent and changes randomly. I've lost probably 6 super hornets and 10 M270s trying to complete a single multiple fronts mission, which im still not done. Attacking all players with 25% or less stats in defence than my attack.

At level 88 with 150 allies - when I attack people with 70 or below I get no losses - but when I hit 100 to 120 - lose a unit every time :/ Not sure what the algorithm would be to reflect that - I just know that when I touch a hot stove it burns so I don't touch a stove again :)

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 03:27 AM
More Wins from people who attack me, leave cash behind to tell me they got loads of un-vaulted cash - then I go hit em up like fish in a barrel :)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7034/mwmomoney.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/mwmomoney.jpg/)
Even Mo' Money
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4006/mwevenmomoney.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/mwevenmomoney.jpg/)

Trust me - for those who don't think Skill points on Defense does not make a difference, these guys all fell for attacking me because they didn't know the true nature of my defenses :)

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 03:39 AM
At level 88 with 150 allies - when I attack people with 70 or below I get no losses - but when I hit 100 to 120 - lose a unit every time :/ Not sure what the algorithm would be to reflect that - I just know that when I touch a hot stove it burns so I don't touch a stove again :)
70, 100 and 120 here refers to levels or allies?

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm referring to the number of Allies. I currently have 150, but I try to only attack people with fewer than 70. I see people all the way down to 20.

I do this to cut down my casualties.

mickymacirl
04-03-2012, 04:12 AM
I'm level 76 and my vault has just ticked over to 1.5m so I know how you feel.

I cheated and bought gold units so I guess it evens out.

All I do is Raid until I have enough for an upgrade, expansion or whatever. They take 2 days now mostly, so I Raid then for cash/die units, can increase att/def by 400 a day.

At this level its damn near impossible to get cash from attacking cos people are smart!

I spent a lot of skill points bringing up my att/def numbers, I get attacked a lot , I ALWAYS lose 4 units but never cash even when I'm a couple a million over my vault size. I had one guy attack me with nearly double my att/def score and I managed to get over 500k from him, the Noob.

I found a huge improvement in building comp factory and changing from Iran to Russia (I use a lot of air units).

It has made a huge difference, and remember have enough cheap units to loose and you don't loose valor or expensive units.

War Priest has the right idea, just buy the LE units every now and then and you are set.

Khimsoo
04-03-2012, 05:04 AM
More Wins from people who attack me, leave cash behind to tell me they got loads of un-vaulted cash - then I go hit em up like fish in a barrel :)

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7034/mwmomoney.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/mwmomoney.jpg/)
Even Mo' Money
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4006/mwevenmomoney.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/mwevenmomoney.jpg/)

Trust me - for those who don't think Skill points on Defense does not make a difference, these guys all fell for attacking me because they didn't know the true nature of my defenses :)

Drooling on those cash u got when u were sleeping. Isn't it painful to drop so much allies, atk n def? How abt increasing allies to 5k? Will i be on an island by myself then? After camping and building enough, drop the allies to appropriate levels. What do u think?

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 05:54 AM

I had the same thing at the start of the last event. I stopped PvP completely and starting another upgrading campaign for the time being until this settles out.

Aidan
04-03-2012, 06:03 AM
I had the same thing at the start of the last event. I stopped PvP completely and starting another upgrading campaign for the time being until this settles out.

Actlly 'this' will not settles out. It has been going on fr 4 months. Most of us r done waiting n r attcking anyway while implementing various strat to try reduce the casualties.

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Actlly 'this' will not settles out. It has been going on fr 4 months. Most of us r done waiting n r attcking anyway while implementing various strat to try reduce the casualties.

I was able to "survive" the last 4 months. Its only in the last week or so that my Valor units are taking a beating. I was doing ok completing missions and fighting PVP, my loss is <10% of Wins and thats a win for me seeing as how up an coming whales will wallop you if they find you.

Aidan
04-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I was able to "survive" the last 4 months. Its only in the last week or so that my Valor units are taking a beating. I was doing ok completing missions and fighting PVP, my loss is <10% of Wins and thats a win for me seeing as how up an coming whales will wallop you if they find you.

Actlly i agree with u. After the event, With low ally, i rarely hv any casualties but when i do, it's 100% will be my hornets. Stopped my raid aftr losing 6 attcking much much weaker rival. I'm trying to figure out wht will be the best way, to go even lower or bck to full

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Actlly i agree with u. After the event, With low ally, i rarely hv any casualties but when i do, it's 100% will be my hornets. Stopped my raid aftr losing 6 attcking much much weaker rival. I'm trying to figure out wht will be the best way, to go even lower or bck to full

I dropped 50 allies thus far, and I have since stopped PVP. Maybe after some upgrading I will find out, say a month or so. If you find out, please share. I may pop my head out every now and then to pick a few prey off.

Aidan
04-03-2012, 01:31 PM
I dropped 50 allies thus far, and I have since stopped PVP. Maybe after some upgrading I will find out, say a month or so. If you find out, please share. I may pop my head out every now and then to pick a few prey off.

Went down lower to 100 n it didnt help. I think it was down to my army composition. 60% of my army consists of hornet. Did 10 attck - 17k 100 allies vs 2.5k 80 allies. 7 zero casualties n 3 hornet killed. If my army was bit more spread around, i think it wud've give more better outcome. Now bck at 200 allies n losses mostly were flamethrower eventho i only brought 50 of them to battle.

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Went down lower to 100 n it didnt help. I think it was down to my army composition. 60% of my army consists of hornet. Did 10 attck - 17k 100 allies vs 2.5k 80 allies. 7 zero casualties n 3 hornet killed. If my army was bit more spread around, i think it wud've give more better outcome. Now bck at 200 allies n losses mostly were flamethrower eventho i only brought 50 of them to battle.

For sure, this is the way the game is trending. And doesn't look to change anytime soon. It only makes sense with boost buildings and infirmary trucks. I am not going to take the chance on the opposite just yet. I only have 80 SH and 90 SF for the big guys, I have not invested in MLRS yet. I am afraid to at this point.

Mcdoc
04-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Went down lower to 100 n it didnt help.

When I am down at 100 - I attack people with 30 or fewer allies. I think the WHOLE point is that if you're attacking at your same level of Allies then your losses are going to be intolerable. And don't think it's picking on the little guy - they are still the same LEVEL as you - they just choose to have a low Ally count for whatever reason.

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 02:48 PM
When I am down at 100 - I attack people with 30 or fewer allies. I think the WHOLE point is that if you're attacking at your same level of Allies then your losses are going to be intolerable. And don't think it's picking on the little guy - they are still the same LEVEL as you - they just choose to have a low Ally count for whatever reason.

Makes sense to me, then the trick is to have the right unit density to allow you to be aggressive.

Maverick50727
04-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Fedup,
I’m Maverick a L103 Senior Member and Free player. If you like I could try to look at your profile/stats closer and offer some strategies specific to you. Send me an ally request (my ID is in my signature) and let me know your in game name and nation to help me find you in my pending request list. I can do my White Horse Analysis when I get some time over the next few days and get back to you. I am not on the forum as much these days, but shoot me a private message in the forum to let me know if you want to proceed.

I’m not sure if we can repair the damage of your leveling quickly as it will take time. I can probably help you some to develop your own strategy and help you turn it around. I experience a low unit loss now which makes me a worthy adversary indeed to many. I’m not entirely sure why to tell you the truth as many have asked for the secret, but I have seemed to have found a balance for now and maybe comparing we can figure it out. By low loss I mean I lost 1Avenger in 232 attacks, then 1 Typhoon Tiger in the next 157. I backed off on attacks for other reasons yesterday, but those were my last 2 losses.

Many have offered advice already and are correct
Increase your vault should be #1 (I was at 10 mil in your range). I had the same vault costs and times probably as you. The supposed change that a while back, so some people had lower max upgrade times thus hit their max far before you. You leveling quickly has put you in their range though which is bad.

Spend all excess money on expansions or economy upgrades where you can so you don’t have excess money to make you a target.

Stop attacking unless all your money is covered by your vault. You may want to go cold turkey for a few weeks and work on your economy and vault.

DO NOT LEVEL TO 90. Once you cross the line you are then able to be seen by the big fish. Minutes of crossing myself I was hit by a L165 player. The higher you go the more you will find gold players without economies, who make their money by taking yours. Without a max vault you are even a bigger target.

Limiting your ally count can help, but can also hurt depending on your unit makeup. I did testing over the last few months and at one time reducing mine resulted in even costlier losses The trick is finding the balance and taking in the strongest units with lowest casualty rates. Strong against helps too.

Buy high end Valor units Stealth Frigates, Hornets and M270s vs. things like Avengers that have higher consumption rates.

Once I am an ally I can look at your units closer and customize.

Romaro
04-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Fedup, maybe you should give a chance to Mav, cause his White Horse Analysis really works for me, hope it's work for you to.

Maverick50727
04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Fedup, maybe you should give a chance to Mav, cause his White Horse Analysis really works for me, hope it's work for you to.
Cool, I haven't heard back from you in a while and hadn't looked to see how you were doing. Sorry with all the events I had been distracted. Glad my suggestions to you worked. Best advice is not to take anyone's advice as an absolute, develope your own strategy based suggestions others and addapt to the way you play the game.

I'm constantly changing strategies and tweaking as the only constant is change and Funzio will alwyas add new units and buildings. They also seem to break/fix things or add/remove without much notice. I just noticed in the last few days that all the new high end loot like iron wings, predator subs,bombardment frigates etc disappeared again after the last event ended. I was loving it because I was adding loot items and strength without spending any in game cash. Now all I get is the old basic loot $#@ that is totally worthless to me now. The stats of all the old loot items are so low I don't take any into battle, so all the old loot items like Citadel Tanks, tree snipers, old battleships etc are just adding up. Back to my suggestion to the devs for military surplus builing to allow you to sell off all those unwanted units for cash. You could get more money on sells with upgrades to that building. Seems like a simple thing they could add. Maybe if more people agree and request it might be building 100 that Wildfire was looking for LOL.