PDA

View Full Version : Gain XP when attacked by others and win?

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 04:20 AM
I have been trying to stay at my current level for the last two weeks, and as a matter of interest took screenshots each week by way of recording my stats. Today I notice that my xp points have gone up despite absolutely no PvP or PvE activity. Likewise I haven't completed any mission (such as certain upgrades or allies target). How could this happen?
Is it possible that having successfully defended an attack I have been awarded xp?
I am particularly annoyed since today a mere 2 xp have appeared from nowhere to take me from level 89 to 90, precisely where I didn't want to be....

Aidan
04-02-2012, 04:24 AM
U will get xp if somebody attcked u n u won. If u want to camp, make sure u r 1k below the next lvl

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 04:26 AM
U will get xp if somebody attcked u n u won. If u want to camp, make sure u r 1k below the next lvl
Man, that sucks! Let's hope that Level 90 is the new 89!

Bronson
04-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Have you checked your rivals list to see if your in whale waters yet?

Aidan
04-02-2012, 04:34 AM
Yeah, it's about time they increase the threshold. Just make sure u dont hv more thn 3-4 millions cash. Eventho u hv max vault, others dont know tht. N if u can, collect ur high paying building on time. Ur def is high enough so tht shud deter away 90% of plyrs frm ur rival list. N good luck

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Have you checked your rivals list to see if your in whale waters yet?
Rivals list (the ones I can see) all 90; whether I appear on the lists of higher level players, who knows...

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 04:49 AM
Yeah, it's about time they increase the threshold. Just make sure u dont hv more thn 3-4 millions cash. Eventho u hv max vault, others dont know tht. N if u can, collect ur high paying building on time. Ur def is high enough so tht shud deter away 90% of plyrs frm ur rival list. N good luck
Cheers Aidan, another lesson learnt!

Aidan
04-02-2012, 05:16 AM
Oh, i misread ur post. I thot u havent reached 90 yet n r 2xp away frm 90. Reread it n now realized tht u alrdy crossed to 90. Tht's why i post wht i post thinking tht it still might help. Neway, i think 95 aboce is probably the new whale region.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 05:29 AM
We'll see within the next few days. If, and it's a big if, 95 is the new level, then I will happily sit at 90 and take a few xp (and their cash!) when this attack and win scenario happens again.

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 02:46 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22479-Can-I-level-up-from-being-ATTACKED

look at this thread made awhile back. YES, you do gain exp. i am level 6 b/c of it. never have attacked or raided. here is a current screenshot of my profile:
http://i39.tinypic.com/8xq9sm.png
you can see how i have leveled up and i can promise i have never entered PvP

Warfiend
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
With that much cash on hand Dreno, you're going to get attacked a lot by the low levels who haven't figured out yet the relationship between their attack score and your defense(seriously, some people don't get it at first). One thing I've done to minimize the number of people gunning for me is to constantly be buying new units while always keeping just enough cash on hand for the next upgrade.

I'm not leveling as slowly as you, but I am leveling slowly and using all cash, I remain undefeated also. Haven't run into any golden armies yet, knock on wood, but they're pretty much the only group I'm worried about. I think any other cash player who sees my stats, even if they managed to build an attack higher than mine, will think twice just due to the potential losses they'll suffer(and they'll have to lose expensive units to get past my defenses, no way around that). :)

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 03:15 PM
With that much cash on hand Dreno, you're going to get attacked a lot by the low levels who haven't figured out yet the relationship between their attack score and your defense(seriously, some people don't get it at first). One thing I've done to minimize the number of people gunning for me is to constantly be buying new units while always keeping just enough cash on hand for the next upgrade.

I'm not leveling as slowly as you, but I am leveling slowly and using all cash, I remain undefeated also. Haven't run into any golden armies yet, knock on wood, but they're pretty much the only group I'm worried about. I think any other cash player who sees my stats, even if they managed to build an attack higher than mine, will think twice just due to the potential losses they'll suffer(and they'll have to lose expensive units to get past my defenses, no way around that). :)

from working with CC and MW, I've noticed that ALOT of rivals (like myself when I first ever played CC) do the attacking missions by blindly clicking attack on the rivals list. and if one were needed to go to a base to raid for an early mission, they just raid/rob the building which they think gives the most money. most around my level don't click the profile tab.

just an observation...