PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 of the Rat Wars

Burn
04-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Progress reports anyone? Any other news or discussion?

About half of my rats have now moved up to 500. But a couple of the fatter ones are biting back. They will fold. Rats haven't got the stomach for a prolonged fight.

Let's be careful out there ;)

xclusiv
04-02-2012, 01:59 AM
lol got two messages on my wall:
the professor "youve been hit by the 499 rat catchers"
johnno "youve been hit by the 499 rat catchers"

LOL

xclusiv
04-02-2012, 02:02 AM
when will you rat catchers learn lol im only 499 for fun, i dont really care to lose anything as im a strong player, but this whole situation is fun

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu202/mak-rev/IMG_0796.png

Burn
04-02-2012, 02:31 AM
I love the fact Rat Catchers are attacking stronger players than themselves :)

That my friend is a sign of people who have backbone.

We should be dishing out medals for bravery ;)

Burn
04-02-2012, 04:48 AM
So what is the real deal with xclusiv, which side is he on, I'm confuzzled!?!

Dillinja
04-02-2012, 04:52 AM
Went away for a few days, come back and see this new event and wanna jump in. Now a lot of of people on my rival list who used to be 499 are now 500....I mean WTF. I wanna kill some ratz too :/

Burn
04-02-2012, 05:15 AM
You can't turn up late to a World War! What are you, American?

skorpio696
04-02-2012, 05:19 AM
lol got two messages on my wall:
the professor "youve been hit by the 499 rat catchers"
johnno "youve been hit by the 499 rat catchers"

LOL
Lol Xclusiv you forgot to show were "The Professor" successfully robbed you on 2 different occasions for aprox 20k total and when you hit him back all you got was $1 ROFLMAO

Skorpio696 AKA The Professor Capo Crimini

Chukuli
04-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Some rats seem to be protected by 500 mafia player. this is interesting...came across a few when leaving comments behind on rats. Next moment i got hit by a 500 mafia player, concidentally the very same person happen to left a lovely message a few moment ago before i spotted the rat.

koralene
04-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Nobody converted yet but still attacking nonstop... lots of **** on my walls hahahaha

Shoes
04-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Hey did u see my name in lights up there on xclusiv's post???? I think I may have lost a few robs as I am a lowly 30k attr compared to xclusiv's 45k def but but I did walk away at the end rather well off... :o

I have to confess i am a secret rat catcher, but I dont leave messages and take my beatings quietly. I have noticed though that some of my rivals are dropping the 499 tactic and returning to 500 which I am sure is a direct result of the rat catchers campaign. Funzio may not need to trouble themselves about this after all (I dont think they had any intention of getting involved as this war will only get more ppl spending rm on gold)

Plux
04-02-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm on 455 and deliberately so! Rat Catchers visiting my Military Junta can and will be thrown into the dungeons or visit my Rock cafe's for half price beer. I'm no 500 Thug Life Mug.

DenZ1
04-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Quick question. What is the reason person should convert to 500? Because you want so? Doesn't make much sense to me..

For example, I'm building my economy, went down to 499 to be left alone from those Thug Life goals and then some yahoos show up and start posting that childish gibberish about rats and seem so proud about it.. It won't make me change my mafia anyway until I want to go back to TL goals. If you guys so fascinated about rats, go buy yourself one :)

Santa
04-02-2012, 07:57 AM
EDIT: This post included ideas that are unacceptable in the Rat Catchers. As a mascot, I feel I must uphold all values and motives of my fellow Rat Catchers. All hail the Rat Catchers!

Max Power
04-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Let's be careful out there ;)

I must learn which rats are on UK time, because BoBo came in last night and took my Nightclub and Taverns. I mean, that happens every night, but I don't want some rat whom I spammed to get it....LOL!

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 08:10 AM
I must learn which rats are on UK time, because BoBo came in last night and took my Nightclub and Taverns. I mean, that happens every night, but I don't want some rat whom I spammed to get it....LOL!

lolololol....Of course not!

erik
04-02-2012, 08:13 AM
xclusiv,

Ironic to see you at 499.

You got suspended for flipping out on a girl with no boobs only to happily surround yourself by men with no balls.

;)

erik
04-02-2012, 08:16 AM
I am seeing folks raising up to 500 now as well. I think for those of us doing both TL and RC should be sure not to single them out once they make the move back up.

I am also seeing a lot of super clever folks going to 498 lol.

I am also seeing many folks at 499 I can not even rob. Really folks?

thspiral
04-02-2012, 08:46 AM
You "Rat Catchers are nothing but a bunch of school yard bullies. Listen to yourselves. "If you dont't give me your lunch money (TL Goals) then me and my gang are going to beat you up." And calling 499ers cowards because they are using a tactic to be able to attack their rivals, while avoiding attack? If this statagy is cowardly then the 499ers join the "cowardly" ranks of such military stratagists as McArthur, Rommel, Gen. Moore, Robert E Lee, Attila The Hun, Patton, George Washington etc...etc.

I have always despised a bully, you guys make me sick.

Dillinja
04-02-2012, 09:00 AM
You "Rat Catchers are nothing but a bunch of school yard bullies. Listen to yourselves. "If you dont't give me your lunch money (TL Goals) then me and my gang are going to beat you up." And calling 499ers cowards because they are using a tactic to be able to attack their rivals, while avoiding attack? If this statagy is cowardly then the 499ers join the "cowardly" ranks of such military stratagists as McArthur, Rommel, Gen. Moore, Robert E Lee, Attila The Hun, Patton, George Washington etc...etc.

If you guys are such good strategists why the constant blubbing? Would you like a dollop of 'I dont care' with that tissue?

Get a life and grow a pair

thspiral
04-02-2012, 09:02 AM
If you guys are such good strategists why the constant blubbing? Would you like a dollop of 'I dont care' with that tissue?

Get a life and grow a pair

GULP oh noz, I drew the attention of one of the bullies somebody help me!

/thanks for making my point

Dravak
04-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Hypocrite alert , cause if everybody drop to 499 , who you going to attack or bully ?those people stronger then you?
You are just a bully who doesn't like to be bullied , so calling others bully when you know you are a coward .
Any Pay2win game is based on the bully system or the ego system .
Guess you are a EMO.... Never knew so many 499 are such EMO people .

thspiral
04-02-2012, 09:05 AM
And just for the record, I never said that I or anyone here is a great strategist. The truly great ones are only born a few times in a century. I was simply pointing out that some of you are calling a tried and true military strategy cowardly. If you disagree, then by all means do so with more than grunts and rock smashing.

/owned a rat in college that I loved dearly

thspiral
04-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Hypocrite alert , cause if everybody drop to 499 , who you going to attack or bully ?those people stronger then you?
You are just a bully who doesn't like to be bullied , so calling others bully when you know you are a coward .
Any Pay2win game is based on the bully system or the ego system .
Guess you are a EMO.... Never knew so many 499 are such EMO people .

A truly disorganized and dizzying post, I really don't even understand what you are saying here.

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 09:07 AM
I like your avatar...

Dravak
04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
A truly disorganized and dizzying post, I really don't even understand what you are saying here.

Ah a coward a noob and a troll lol .
Ok that fits your profile .

Dillinja
04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
GULP oh noz, I drew the attention of one of the bullies somebody help me!

/thanks for making my point
wow dude, you really must be taking a beating in CC. Care to tell us your ingame name so we can all pile on the misery?
Looks like you suffer from 'little man syndrome'

thspiral
04-02-2012, 09:14 AM
So if I give you my opinion, and it is not your opinion, then I am a troll? You call me a noob, but you don't even know what a troll is. You must either be very old, or very young. I posted on topic giving my genuine opinion. And now I have to go back and read my profile to see what in it is cowardly LOL.

thspiral
04-02-2012, 09:14 AM
My in game name is the same as my forum name. bring it.

I have 44455 wins
and 4906 loses

So I have taken some beatings, yes. But I have never before today been accused of having 'little man syndrome' lol

thspiral
04-02-2012, 09:20 AM
hmm there is nothing at all in my profile.

/Back on your meds!

erik
04-02-2012, 09:51 AM

Bully is such an overused word today, and particularly humorous when applied to an anonymous online game.

By your own admission, the 499ers are a group that seeks to attack without being attacked back. Attacking them doesn't make them victims, it makes them players again.

Or maybe it's like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpRBPKMtYuQ

mnju_03
04-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Bully Bully Bully Bully knockin' everywhere!

Santa
04-02-2012, 10:21 AM
EDIT: This post was supportive of 499ers. I apologize for my un-mascot-like actions. All hail the Rat Catchers!

cyt
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Still pointless...

erik
04-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I think you are terribly hard on yourself cyt.

Just hit a guy and saw he had 5 messages in the last 28 minutes from unique RCs lol.

cyt
04-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I think you are terribly hard on yourself cyt.

Yeah, that wasn't a bad one.

However, this crusade IS pointless.

erik
04-02-2012, 11:41 AM
It is fun regardless of the outcome, which is the point of a game, no?

Joeycool
04-02-2012, 11:43 AM
"If you dont't give me your lunch money (TL Goals) then me and my gang are going to beat you up."

Yet you are quite happy to take our lunch money (TL goals) whilst hiding behind 499 so we cant get a shot back at getting your lunch money (TL goals)

If you dont understand the issue here, you are a fool.

Joeycool
04-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I have had a few good hits today. A batlle with a strong gold player who is a 499 player is starting to go in my favour as his explosives are going down.

I have used about 50 stamina reliving him of his expensive expolosives through out the day.

I have also noticed A LOT of 499ers are now 500.

We are making progress!

cyt
04-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Yet you are quite happy to take our lunch money (TL goals) whilst hiding behind 499 so we cant get a shot back at getting your lunch money (TL goals)

If you dont understand the issue here, you are a fool.

I keep explaining that it is the same as saying that strong people are taking our lunch money (TL goals) whilst hiding behind strong defenses, so we can't get a shot back at your lunch money (TL goals).

Why is camping a legitimate, even recommended tactic? It only makes you excessively strong for your level and results in you taking lunch money from everyone else. Campers do TL missions too and you can't hit them back because you are either much higher level or about the same level, but have way worse stats.

The whole point of this game is to take others' lunch money and NOT give others the opportunity to take yours. A goal achieved by various tactics. 499ing is one of them.

Burn
04-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I am distraught, you guys sound like you are having a blast :)

I'm stuck down at level 114, and now having to refresh multiple times to find 499s.

I wish I was up in the levels where the action is.

Feels like I'm the kid running around the garden with a stick, making machine gun noises, while my big brothers are off at the real war.

Bring me back pictures of dead bodies ;)

Joeycool
04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
I keep explaining that it is the same as saying that strong people are taking our lunch money (TL goals) whilst hiding behind strong defenses, so we can't get a shot back at your lunch money (TL goals).

Why is camping a legitimate, even recommended tactic? It only makes you excessively strong for your level and results in you taking lunch money from everyone else. Campers do TL missions too and you can't hit them back because you are either much higher level or about the same level, but have way worse stats.

The whole point of this game is to take others' lunch money and NOT give others the opportunity to take yours. A goal achieved by various tactics. 499ing is one of them.

You really dont understand how this game works.

Strong players attack weaker platers.

These players then in turn attack players who are weaker than them

These players then attack players who are weaker than them and so on.

It is part of the game... you can not shut everyone from attacking you. It would be a very dull game if you could.

Not only are you using a cheap under hand tactic to shut out attacks form higher players... you are continuing to attack weaker players.

You are cowards and that is the end of the story.

I get attacked by lots of players who are higher level than me. What difference does it make? Because I in turn am attacking players who are lower than me. Your tactic destroys the dynamic of the game.

You want to stop higher levels attacking you and still want to attack lower levels.

What difference does it make if you get attacked or not? Well if you have spent money on explosives you may loose that. Well just stop buying explosives. Thats what I had to do.

Nicholost
04-02-2012, 01:17 PM
I have learned to love these Rat Catcher threads. They ant-RC responses are more entertaining than the game. :)

cyt
04-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I understand the mechanics of this game very well. I keep getting attacked. So I can't be doing this to hide from everyone or because I'm a coward. My choice cannot destroy the dynamic of the game. Or of it can, the system needs a change. Me being 300 or 400 or 499 is not your choice to make. If the game allows it, then I can choose to play it.

Instead of crusading around and acting all high and mighty, try to reach the devs of this game. If it bugs you I do to you what you can't do to me, then drop to 499 and enjoy the same benefits the rest are enjoying. Doing TL isn't the only thing to do in this game, or if it is then maybe it's time people found something else to occupy their time.

Nicholost
04-02-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm in awe that anyone with 499 mafia can complain that they are getting singled out and attacked. It's a willing choice on their part. If you have 499 mafia and don't like what's occurring, do something about it; go to 500 or drop so many mafia that you are off the radar of RCs (use bracketing to your favor). Jeez, this isn't rocket surgery.

Joeycool
04-02-2012, 01:32 PM
I understand the mechanics of this game very well. I keep getting attacked. So I can't be doing this to hide from everyone or because I'm a coward. My choice cannot destroy the dynamic of the game. Or of it can, the system needs a change. Me being 300 or 400 or 499 is not your choice to make. If the game allows it, then I can choose to play it.

Instead of crusading around and acting all high and mighty, try to reach the devs of this game. If it bugs you I do to you what you can't do to me, then drop to 499 and enjoy the same benefits the rest are enjoying. Doing TL isn't the only thing to do in this game, or if it is then maybe it's time people found something else to occupy their time.

We tried to reach to the devs... and like anything they take too long to react.

For example it took them 7 months to realise that they had the wrong ingame stats for the M4A1. Despite every single thread on the forum being about the m4a1.

In 7 months they may notice that there seems to be an issue with people dropping to 499.

I have finished all of my other goals. The only goal I have is Thug life... and hardcore hit man when I level up. But even if I did have other goals, TL goals are the most lucrative so are everyones priority.

However recently there is a new goal that has been added to the game. It is called rat catching and it is by far the best goal that has ever been added to the game.

And besides... you preach that I shouldn't tell you how to play the game... so stop preaching to me how I should play it.

Swifty
04-02-2012, 01:36 PM
I hate it when I agree with Nicholost (heh) but he makes a good point.

If you do not like the dynamics of where you are mafia-wise, then make a change. Experiment with 500+, 500, 499, 498, and a whole bunch of other numbers until you find something you like.

Nicholost
04-02-2012, 01:38 PM

Thanks, Swifty. I don't like to agree with me either, but once in awhile, I make a point. Infrequent, but it does happen occasionally.

cyt
04-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm in awe that anyone with 499 mafia can complain that they are getting singled out and attacked.

You must have misread my post. I'm getting attacked and I don't mind it. I've said so in several of my earlier posts. Being a target is a part of this game, but making yourself as small a target as possible is also.

cyt
04-02-2012, 01:47 PM

If you do not like the dynamics of where you are mafia-wise, then make a change. Experiment with 500+, 500, 499, 498, and a whole bunch of other numbers until you find something you like.

Guys, just re read my post. I do like where I am. I'm at 499 and I like it. It's the others that are trying to make to bump to 500.

Nicholost
04-02-2012, 01:49 PM
You must have misread my post. I'm getting attacked and I don't mind it. I've said so in several of my earlier posts. Being a target is a part of this game, but making yourself as small a target as possible is also.

Then why are you even posting anything? If you don't have a problem with being singled out, why even participate in these threads?

cyt
04-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Because I don't think this witch hunt is called for.

I could say not fair, but neither is being 499. This whole game is built around not being fair.

I'm not here to whine, but rather to discuss this pointless and (dare I say sadistic) crusade against peoples choices.

/edit

I try to keep my posts whine-less... if I don't succeed all the time it's because I'm a little girl, as Joeycool noticed a while back.

Ghost818
04-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Because I don't think this witch hunt is called for.

I could say not fair, but neither is being 499. This whole game is built around not being fair.

I'm not here to whine, but rather to discuss this pointless and (dare I say sadistic) crusade against peoples choices.

/edit

I try to keep my posts whine-less... if I don't succeed all the time it's because I'm a little girl, as Joeycool notice a while back.

But I like wine :/

doomnosee
04-02-2012, 02:01 PM
I think the rat wars are great and entertaining, and want to congratulate those who came up with the concept. As for the whole 499 issue, I don't really care either way. When the war is over and people stop telling me what to do, I will probably go back to 500. For now though I will stay at 499 and search you rat catchers out (and most likely slink away again when I realise my 29k attack doesn't really cut it -lol)!

cyt
04-02-2012, 02:04 PM
(and most likely slink away again when I realise my 29k attack doesn't really cut it -lol)!

Yup!

Unless you're level 90-100 and even then...

Joeycool
04-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I try to keep my posts whine-less... if I don't succeed all the time it's because I'm a little girl, as Joeycool noticed a while back.

Actually I said that I never considered that you were a he, and that I had just assumed you were a little girl! ;)

Joeycool
04-02-2012, 04:11 PM
New PB... attacked 499er with 58169 def! :)

All wins!

No excuse for 499 with that kind of Def!

Edit/

I will probably get a serious shoeing for it though! ha ha!

Burn
04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
See, tussles with bigger dogs ;)

skorpio696
04-02-2012, 05:00 PM
The Professor's Totals
206 499 Rats Killed
45 Rats Taxed For 2.1 million
251 Posts Left
11 Conversions to 500

Cyt King Rat taxed & Hit Multi Times lol & many Abusive posts Recieved from Him

Joeycool
04-02-2012, 05:01 PM
The Professor's Totals
206 499 Rats Killed
45 Rats Taxed For 2.1 million
251 Posts Left
11 Conversions to 500

Ive seen lots of your posts... good work!

I havent been keeping track of my attacks but you should have seen my name about quite a bit! :)

skorpio696
04-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Sure Have JoeyCool Seen Tons Of Your Posts Keep Up The Great Job 

Santa
04-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Sure Have JoeyCool Seen Tons Of Your Posts Keep Up The Great Job 👍🍺🍻🍺🍻🏆

+2 Merits. Keep up the gang spirit!

DCjG
04-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Ive seen lots of your posts... good work!

I havent been keeping track of my attacks but you should have seen my name about quite a bit! :)

Well, let 's see... You got about 600k from me. That's a start!

Joeycool
04-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Well, let 's see... You got about 600k from me. That's a start!

Tip of the iceberg mate! ;)

I wouldnt have got that with out the link you gave me.

It felt pretty funny posting on the forum telling you to stop reading the thread and collect the buildings I was robbing.

You are one of the good guys on the forum mate... Can I interest you in my mafia code? One more mafia member to take you up to 500? Its good fun being a Rat Catcher. You would enjoy it!

thspiral
04-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Hmm so much to do in this thread... It's been an amazing 3 days in RL and I'm just too darn tired to wade in, but I promise that I will get around to it. One request. I know that you guys are angry with me, but this really can be more fun that it has been. How about we argue, but no one line zingers? I mean they are such a rip off. Put a little thought into the hate, and make it worth reading.

/loves to argue with smart people

skorpio696
04-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Hmm so much to do in this thread... It's been an amazing 3 days in RL and I'm just too darn tired to wade in, but I promise that I will get around to it. One request. I know that you guys are angry with me, but this really can be more fun that it has been. How about we argue, but no one line zingers? I mean they are such a rip off. Put a little thought into the hate, and make it worth reading./loves to argue with smart peopleI'll be sure to Oblige you if I come across you ingame Cheers

thspiral
04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Why wait for in game, what's wrong with here?

DCjG
04-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Tip of the iceberg mate! ;)

I wouldnt have got that with out the link you gave me.

It felt pretty funny posting on the forum telling you to stop reading the thread and collect the buildings I was robbing.

You are one of the good guys on the forum mate... Can I interest you in my mafia code? One more mafia member to take you up to 500? Its good fun being a Rat Catcher. You would enjoy it!

I'll bank it for that inevitable day when I push 500. Jkl said the same thing! I think I'd enjoy either side but at the moment I'm enjoying my tag line!

Murda
04-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm at level 106 and I'm not finding many rats... I just jumped my first two with messages left, and I'm stalking a handful more.

Excellent crowd-sourcing response to the problem.

Steve0
04-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Murda you havent found me? 105 do what you want still not changing. Open invite. Haha have fun

Nudie
04-02-2012, 07:49 PM
I love the rats. They have rekindled my interest in this game. Let's pay them more "special" visits to show our appreciation. Let's do it before they all disappear.

CounterSniper
04-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Seeing more 499's than ever before.

Santa
04-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I love the rats. They have rekindled my interest in this game. Let's pay them more "special" visits to show our appreciation. Let's do it before they all disappear.

The whole point of rat catching is too make them disappear. BTW I'm the Rat Catcher Gang mascot... :)

Murda
04-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Murda you havent found me? 105 do what you want still not changing. Open invite. Haha have fun

I'm stalking a few for maximum pain, so maybe that includes you. I don't recall a steve0 on the list though. Are you hiding your game name too?

Steve0
04-02-2012, 08:45 PM
No hiding here. Its just steve.

Murda
04-02-2012, 08:49 PM
No hiding here. Its just steve.. Yep, juicy hood you've got.

Steve0
04-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Thanks, will i see ya on my list?

Murda
04-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks, will i see ya on my list?

I'm in your hood right now, walking around, checking for unlocked doors.

Steve0
04-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Get your cloths washed while your at it.

Dreno33
04-02-2012, 10:00 PM
What if March actually has 32 days and April 1st is just a joke?

cyt
04-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Cyt King Rat taxed & Hit Multi Times lol & many Abusive posts Recieved from Him

You did hit me a couple of times and stole some spare change, but don't lie about abusive responses. I'd never stoop to your level. I, as a rule, don't post abusive messages or flaming responses.

Telling such blatant lies only makes you look immature.

Burn
04-29-2012, 02:52 AM
xclusiv,

Ironic to see you at 499.

You got suspended for flipping out on a girl with no boobs only to happily surround yourself by men with no balls.

;)

Was just reviewing the Rat War threads and found this pearl. Genius :D

Swifty
04-29-2012, 03:56 AM
@Burn & erik

that was one of the all time great posts on this forum