PDA

View Full Version : Some suggestions for funzio to stop rat catching

Inzaghi
04-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Obviously 500ers are not satisfied with the mechanics in the game that are utilized by 499ers. The main reason is that 499ers cannot increase their att/def stat from increasing the mafia size but needs to take a higher risk of being attacked or robbed.
Here are my two suggestions
1. Increase the maximum mafia number in a fight to 1000. This will solve 499er problem immediately. 499ers have minimal chance to beat 550ers with less than 50 members. They need to increase the mob size to win a fight. There might be 999ers problem later. But never mind, just keep increasing until no complaint...
2. Bring in random factor to the mafia size during a fight. You cannot bring every human mafia member during a fight because some might have family reasons :D. Only robot mafia will 100% join the fight coz they're your slaves. In this way, 499ers do not have a stand because they cannot bring almost full members during a fight. The only way they can avoid this is to increase the mafia size to slightly above 500 so that there'll always be 500 guys attending the fight. Morever, this will make the mafia bonus more reasonable, which is a trash reward now.

G Wiz
04-01-2012, 10:26 PM
If nothing was done to help 500+ what makes you think this will receive any looks?

mnju_03
04-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Obviously 500ers are not satisfied with the mechanics in the game that are utilized by 499ers. The main reason is that 499ers cannot increase their att/def stat from increasing the mafia size but needs to take a higher risk of being attacked or robbed.
Here are my two suggestions
1. Increase the maximum mafia number in a fight to 1000. This will solve 499er problem immediately. 499ers have minimal chance to beat 550ers with less than 50 members. They need to increase the mob size to win a fight. There might be 999ers problem later. But never mind, just keep increasing until no complaint...
2. Bring in random factor to the mafia size during a fight. You cannot bring every human mafia member during a fight because some might have family reasons :D. Only robot mafia will 100% join the fight coz they're your slaves. In this way, 499ers do not have a stand because they cannot bring almost full members during a fight. The only way they can avoid this is to increase the mafia size to slightly above 500 so that there'll always be 500 guys attending the fight. Morever, this will make the mafia bonus more reasonable, which is a trash reward now.

Or take a deep breath and let it go, it's a game, play the game or do not play the game. Win or lose...
The forum isn't a board of directors that run Funzio, it's a community of less than 1% of the users...

Silly Goose!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkaIb9uifLI

Whip88
04-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Because he may actually pay you in gum to help him implement this.

G Wiz
04-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Because he may actually pay you in gum to help him implement this.Its gonna take a lot more than gum...

mnju_03
04-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Its gonna take a lot more than gum...

Nicorete gum???

G Wiz
04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Nicorete gum???maybe something gold and shiny?

I like goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

mnju_03
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
maybe something gold and shiny?

I like goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

Imagine if they make Platinum and have it get 2 for 1 gold items, but it'll cost 4x gold... Makes perfect sense to me.

Inzaghi
04-01-2012, 11:07 PM
If nothing was done to help 500+ what makes you think this will receive any looks?
Fizzle said she will foward important messages to the company so I believe Funzio is trying to improve their PR. I'm sure Funzio will pay attention to it but not sure they'll solve the problem. However, the chance rises as more and more 500ers join the rats-catching game and more and more 499ers are complaining to customer service.
Both 499ers and 500ers play the game according to the rules, so this mess is totally due to rules designed by Funzio. If rules are not adjusted, the problem can be solved temporarily with one side giving up, but I cannot see a way how it is solved completely.

Dravak
04-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't understand to get to 500 allies , you had you share of bullying and being bullied .
You attacked people and even with the most careful planning you got robbed and attacked .

So why are people at 499 suddenly taking offense of being robbed and attacked .
That is plain silly , and what do you really lose ?
Only some stats some explosives , and some virtual money .
Sorry am not negative am realistic , and people nowadays hate realisme.

But honestly be glad you get anger frustration payback revenge atleast you got some emotions out of a product.
Then oh look I am clicking my time away . Nah people should play the game they want .
But cause you are interacting with other people , doesn't mean they have to play the game you like .
Sorry if you really want to just build like some people do , drop down to less then 200 mafia .
Nah I think it is just minority of ego pain that really like to play 499 game . The rest do it cause of benefit .

procsyzarc
04-02-2012, 01:30 AM
Wish this was more like morden war where you can destroy someone who pisses you offs stats by killing their army plus there is a cap to the amount of money you can protect, in crime city being attacked doesn't matter so no idea why anyone would care.

On topic I'm sure funzio are looking at rasing the cap at some point but need a lot more high level players first (which camping is stuffing up) so level gaps can be closed since.. A L180 with 500 mafia attacking a L140 with 500 mafia is still realitievly fair but if the cap changed and it was also 900 mafia vs 700 mafia then the lower level players would have no chance.

TLDR. With level ranges opening up there needs to be a cap at a point before it starts

xclusiv
04-02-2012, 02:17 AM
lol maybe some rat items, rat poison bomb

Max Power
04-02-2012, 04:47 AM
There have been no shortage of complicated solutions to this problem that would require complex programming, which aint gonna happen. There are 2 simple solutions that would be easy to implement and have been suggested countless times.

1. You cant get TL goals unless you are at 500+, or

2. Adust rival lists so 500+ cant see 499s.

Simple.

Vile Lynn
04-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Simple.

Totally agree, Max. Together, both are great solutions & keeping it simple... Perfect!

>>> Max's idea when implemented deserves a LE item of his choice! <<<
(wishful thinking, I know)

Aid
04-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Would also add that if the 500 plus cannot see under, then the 499 and under can only see those with their mob size (499 sees 499 only, 460 sees only 460)

Inzaghi
04-02-2012, 09:26 AM
There have been no shortage of complicated solutions to this problem that would require complex programming, which aint gonna happen. There are 2 simple solutions that would be easy to implement and have been suggested countless times.

Simple.

I think raising the cap is a better solution. The fundamental reason of the mess is that as people level up, the designed cap falls short. We didn't have the proposed adjustments at 400 mafia members, then why 500? Why make it so special?

Plus, I highly recommend introducing random factors in the mafia members during a fight, which will make extra mafia reward (100% chance to join the fight) more attractive.

jobadass
04-02-2012, 09:37 AM

Simple.
Problem is that 499ers would add one to compete in TL then go back to 499 when they weren't attacking. Continue to repeat that process. I really like the idea of using more mafia than the current cap of 500.

Vile Lynn
04-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Would also add that if the 500 plus cannot see under, then the 499 and under can only see those with their mob size (499 sees 499 only, 460 sees only 460)
Yeah, Aid. I agree with you, too. I figured Max meant that: 500+ see 500+ & 499- see only 499-. To keep it simple have the dividing line at 500 is how I interpreted Max's #2. The 499- group can still do HH goals when they level up.

Inzaghi, your suggestion isn't bad, just complicated & would certainly add more mystery to stats during attacks/robberies if another "random factor" was added.

Vile Lynn
04-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Ha! What IF: once you've added the 500th mafia member, you can't remove anymore less than 500?

Aid
04-02-2012, 09:47 AM
One way to avoid people dropping and raising specifically for TL is that once you start a TL, if you drop under 500 you lose all progress and would have to restart once you went back up to 500. And the random factor is cool, something like you have to have 540 mafia to ensure all 500 battle...makes it more difficult to drop and re-add constantly

Dravak
04-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Wish this was more like morden war where you can destroy someone who pisses you offs stats by killing their army plus there is a cap to the amount of money you can protect, in crime city being attacked doesn't matter so no idea why anyone would care.

On topic I'm sure funzio are looking at rasing the cap at some point but need a lot more high level players first (which camping is stuffing up) so level gaps can be closed since.. A L180 with 500 mafia attacking a L140 with 500 mafia is still realitievly fair but if the cap changed and it was also 900 mafia vs 700 mafia then the lower level players would have no chance.

TLDR. With level ranges opening up there needs to be a cap at a point before it starts

That is what I don't like about modern war , aside from ego pain you totally annihilate somebody for a measy.
5000$ dollar ? You get to totally wreck somebody base army that he hardly can recover from.
Remember with a indestructible army , you can kill off valor units .
You can keep raiding stuff since you don't take casualties , thus every building the person build is a potential .

People moan about explosives , well everything aside from gold unit is explosives .
Sorry while I understand and sometimes wish it was like modern war , but modern war is so heavily favored to big money spenders

Inzaghi
04-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah, Aid. I agree with you, too. I figured Max meant that: 500+ see 500+ & 499- see only 499-. To keep it simple have the dividing line at 500 is how I interpreted Max's #2. The 499- group can still do HH goals when they level up.

Inzaghi, your suggestion isn't bad, just complicated & would certainly add more mystery to stats during attacks/robberies if another "random factor" was added.

Thanks. You can ignore the 2nd suggestion. The 1st one -- increasing cap is definitely simple, effective and fair. Why shouldn't we use that? The only objection I can think of is there will be 999ers or 1999ers later. But Funzio can keep increasing the cap when the new tide of rat catching appears :)

procsyzarc
04-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks. You can ignore the 2nd suggestion. The 1st one -- increasing cap is definitely simple, effective and fair. Why shouldn't we use that? The only objection I can think of is there will be 999ers or 1999ers later. But Funzio can keep increasing the cap when the new tide of rat catching appears :)

Think about it from their point of view. With every increase to mafia size you dilute the value of gold units and make it more and more possible for non gold players to compete. Although this may sound desirable to us it wouldn’t be Funzio since they are in a nice place now where the only way to compete is to spend a large amount on gold units, yet a lot of players still do. Increasing the mafia size will mean people have to spend more and more on gold and will most likely pass the point and be counterproductive to profits where the amount of people saying bugger it cost too much to make a real difference and not spending gold will be more than the few people who spend extra on gold.

Funzio has proved time and time again there only focus is making their players spend more on gold and you need to factor this in when making any suggestion.

Inzaghi
04-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Think about it from their point of view. With every increase to mafia size you dilute the value of gold units and make it more and more possible for non gold players to compete. Although this may sound desirable to us it wouldn’t be Funzio since they are in a nice place now where the only way to compete is to spend a large amount on gold units, yet a lot of players still do. Increasing the mafia size will mean people have to spend more and more on gold and will most likely pass the point and be counterproductive to profits where the amount of people saying bugger it cost too much to make a real difference and not spending gold will be more than the few people who spend extra on gold.

Funzio has proved time and time again there only focus is making their players spend more on gold and you need to factor this in when making any suggestion.
I have to agree with you, haha. The most important thing for a company is to make profits. Actually this mess might be a feast to Funzio as long as 499ers and 500ers throw in lots of RM in order to beat the other side.

Dipstik
04-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Does anyone actually give a crap about 'rat catchers?' you mean they play the game poorly on purpose and I'm supposed to learn a lesson or go whine for some developer to 'do something?' I'm unimpressed.

Max Power
04-03-2012, 08:41 AM

While it is simple, using it to address this simple problem merely shifts the problem to a different level. Even simpler would be to just eliminate the 500 requirement for all TL goals. End of problem, everyone would be 500 in a minute.

I am slightly intrigued by allowing more than 500 mafia for other reasons though, as well as lifting the level 200 ceiling.