PDA

View Full Version : last minute fix at lvl 89?

ez12345
04-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi,

Can someone clarify what will happen when entering 90+ lvl? On pvp attack, can you find rivals at low lvl/allies, or will the rivals always at lvl/ally 90+/450+? On defense, can the rival have a much higher lvl such as 100+ when I am at lvl 90, and a much higher ally such as 450+ when I am at 200?

Since 90+ sounds like a dangerous zone, what ally/a/d is recommended?

What is the strategy for a last minute fix at lvl 89? See below for my stat. I am thinking of 1) no pvp/pve to avoid entering lvl 90 (which is boring), 2) upgrade/purchase money building, and 3) buy high a/d units (which units to buy?)

And finally the strategy after enter lvl 90?

Here's my stat:
lvl 89: 300 xp away from entering lvl 90
ally: 302 (Should I drop to below 300? Is ally 300 a threshold?)
A/D: 14k/17k (average A/D: 11/14)
Income: 156K

Thanks,

JohnnyR
04-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I was getting ready to post this exact message....I'm on lvl 88 right now. Saving up valor for M270s, gonna need 'em.

JMC
04-01-2012, 10:46 AM
You want max allies and 30K+ raw stats to be sort of safe.

JohnnyR
04-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the actionable info JMC. Guess it's camp time for me...

Any idea on income? I got 133k per hour coming in, without supply depots or armories, doing ok but is there any threshold to shoot for for any reason? I'm keeping some buildings purposely down (munitions at lvl 6, ore mines at lvl 2, refineries at lvl 1, etc...) for the fact that I see them as big fat targets, as those are the buildings I go after...

Aidan
04-01-2012, 11:06 AM
I was getting ready to post this exact message....I'm on lvl 88 right now. Saving up valor for M270s, gonna need 'em.

DONT! I bought 100 of them n now only hv 45. I find tht they r more vulnerable than hornet since they're included in my attack army. If u cn get ur lowest att unit more thn 17 then it will be a very good choice. I'm running at half allies now n i still lose them a lot. Not sure if it's just me tho, others might experienced diff scenario. For me, i'm going to stick with hornet n stealth drone for defence. Like digital said n i do find it true in my case, unit frm adv building hv much lower casualty thn unit frm normal unit building.

vitus79
04-01-2012, 11:09 AM
why hold down on the 24/48 hour buildings? they are the best to collect 100% if they synced up, just make sure to collect em in time everyday when u always will be up and able to login. get raided once if they out of sync after upgrade but collect full again the next days. work out the big buildings to get big income

JMC
04-01-2012, 11:19 AM
ya i lose m270s like crazy, but theyre good defence. Gonna get to about 300 of them then probably switch back to hornets.

JohnnyR
04-01-2012, 11:31 AM
DONT! I bought 100 of them n now only hv 45. I find tht they r more vulnerable than hornet since they're included in my attack army. If u cn get ur lowest att unit more thn 17 then it will be a very good choice. I'm running at half allies now n i still lose them a lot. Not sure if it's just me tho, others might experienced diff scenario. For me, i'm going to stick with hornet n stealth drone for defence. Like digital said n i do find it true in my case, unit frm adv building hv much lower casualty thn unit frm normal unit building.

Wow, thanks for the info! I find that Super Hornets don't die on me that quickly, don't wanna find out the hard way with m270s tho... Thanks for also reminding me about GH Drones, as long as they're not taken to battle they won't die, just like my 500 medics, lol.

why hold down on the 24/48 hour buildings? they are the best to collect 100% if they synced up, just make sure to collect em in time everyday when u always will be up and able to login. get raided once if they out of sync after upgrade but collect full again the next days. work out the big buildings to get big income

Problem is syncing is quite difficult with work/girlfriend/school. I get blocks of time to play around, but not in any predictable way... I might try to get it worked out though, reward certainly is worth it, got quite a few buildings left to upgrade in the meantime...

Aidan
04-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Wow, thanks for the info! I find that Super Hornets don't die on me that quickly, don't wanna find out the hard way with m270s tho... Thanks for also reminding me about GH Drones, as long as they're not taken to battle they won't die, just like my 500 medics

No no. Not GH drone. The stealth surveillance. Fr russia like us they r the best buy. Low casualty n hv 30 def.

JohnnyR
04-01-2012, 12:12 PM
No no. Not GH drone. The stealth surveillance. Fr russia like us they r the best buy. Low casualty n hv 30 def.

D'oh! Lol, totally missed those.

I think I'll shift into those when my lowest attack unit is 9...little ways off from that. Thanks for the heads up and correction.

Maverick50727
04-01-2012, 12:23 PM
You want max allies and 30K+ raw stats to be sort of safe.
Well as for level 90, as soon as I crossed it I got hit hit by level 165 players. Don't try to keep money above 5 mil or it makes you a target. I'm level 101 now and don't get hit as often by the big boys now.

I'm running 236 of my 500 allies and slowly increasing. Even taking the hit in stats I'm over 25kA/D. I have 200+ hornets, 200+ stealth frigates and 100+ m270s. I lose 1 unit in 75-150 attacks attacking wisely. I don't typically lose my valor units but high end loot instead. I hope it stays that way.

I add more valor units as I add allies and try to keep 50,000 valor in reserve at all times. Due to my low loss rate I have been able to go up against many gold players (up to 100 gold units) and been able come up on top. Many raid and attack but if their A/D is in line with mine it is a no win for them still. The last one I went rounds with gained 1.5 mil off of me but it cost them 3 mil and 320O valor. In my revenges they lost 157 units to my 4 (all loot). I have no idea what units they lose in their raids or attacks so it probably cost them much more.

Of course this is gold players with equal stats and not full gold armies. Normally I find they buy their strength in gold units and their low end units are in the 30-150k range. But if it costs them many vs what they gain they shouldn't come back.

Agent Orange
04-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I would agree with Mav, and keeping a lot of valor in reserve is a very wise thing to do.

Btw keep low on allies that number seems good, I bumped up to 298 and notice more higher ally players turning up in my rivals list then when I was down at 260.

There are thresholds now past L90 but don't count on them too much if you have a really low ally count or low density army.

As JMC pointed out 30K defence at least, I don't even check inventory of players with under 15,000 def stats as I can just blow through them.

If your vault isn't at 10 million bulk it up now. If you base has weak defences but high value money buildings you are going to become someone's favourite ATM.

I would take your air and sea factories up to L10 as well as their higher end counterparts. If you can get a Composite Factory, don't forget the free gold from tapjoy.

Don't go blindly attacking and do not play angry all it will do especially if you post nasty remarks on others walls is make you the piñata du jour and others will really make you regret doing that.

JohnnyR
04-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I add more valor units as I add allies and try to keep 50,000 valor in reserve at all times.

I would agree with Mav, and keeping a lot of valor in reserve is a very wise thing to do.

Why bank valor as opposed to simply spending it as you get it? I banked for m270s while my upgrade was coming along, bout to spend 'em all on Super Hornets though...

ez12345
04-01-2012, 04:08 PM
If you base has weak defences but high value money buildings you are going to become someone's favourite ATM.

How to increase the defense of a base? I thought those defense buildings aren't useful at all. My buildings covered by 2 rail guns and 2 mine fields can easily by raided. :(

I would take your air and sea factories up to L10 as well as their higher end counterparts.

The counterparts mean the advanced air/sea factories? That's probably the right thing to do while camping out for one (or two) month to reach 30k defense.

L90+ sounds like a forbidden zone to me.

Thanks folks.

Thunder Child
04-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi,

Can someone clarify what will happen when entering 90+ lvl? On pvp attack, can you find rivals at low lvl/allies, or will the rivals always at lvl/ally 90+/450+? On defense, can the rival have a much higher lvl such as 100+ when I am at lvl 90, and a much higher ally such as 450+ when I am at 200?

What is the strategy for a last minute fix at lvl 89? See below for my stat. I am thinking of 1) no pvp/pve to avoid entering lvl 90 (which is boring), 2) upgrade/purchase money building, and 3) buy high a/d units (which units to buy?)

Here's my stat:

Thanks,

EZ, you are exactly where I am right now, and I have already decided NOT to move on until I am ready for the golden armies in the levels above.

Here are my stats:
lvl 89, about 300 xp from the brink
income: 165K
allies: 550
A/D: 25K/38K
Full vault
oh, and I buy some gold just for fun

My strategy for the foreseeable future is as follows and in this order:
* do absolutely no PvP or PvE, and refrain from all events unless xp is suspended during such an event (an idea I have made to Funzio already)
** while camping, take on allies, especially those in the 80s, 70s and 60s who represent my potential attackers while I camp
1) work on all my boost buildings including composites until they are all level 10; most are at 5 now and composites is at 8; infirmary needs work
2) raise level of main defenses to at least 5; fortified bunkers already on 3, going to work on minefields (currently 1) next; not sure about my single EMP and railgun...
3) get all unit buildings to level 10; currently most at 6 or 7
4) work on my economy and upgrade until I'm comfortable over 300K level
5) throughout this process, buy the best high end units I can afford and in large volumes, added with the occasional gold unit with Tapjoy gold or gold from sales only - just for fun!
6) when I'm ready, launch myself into the pond while reducing allies to a point which works - the "sweet spot" I've heard referred to!

I played quite normally to get to Level 89, and I enjoyed it greatly. I have to say that I am enjoying this alternate interim approach equally much - the strategizing (is that a word?), the self-control, and the long-termism have all turned out to be very refreshing and challenging, and I suspect are more akin to real battle preparation and execution than the relentless march to Level 200.

Part of my theorizing assumes that Funzio will indeed introduce different thresholds above us (AO mentions these in this thread) in the coming weeks and months, as well as removing certain ceilings (Level 200, cap on allies, vault size etc.). If they do, and once I recommence my campaign, I should move up with my cohort and remain strong among them thereafter. I certainly have no desire to be first to the finish line (if there were one) or to do battle with the golden alliances that have and are taking shape in higher levels.

If that helps you in any way, great, but my reason for responding at length was actually to get my own ideas on paper, as it were.

Good luck!

Bronco928
04-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi,

Here's my stat:

Thanks,

WElcome to the snake pit boys...my best reccommendation is defense, defense, defense. THe Composite Factory is a must have!!

JMC
04-01-2012, 08:51 PM
EZ, you are exactly where I am right now, and I have already decided NOT to move on until I am ready for the golden armies in the levels above.

Here are my stats:
Full vault
oh, and I buy some gold just for fun

My strategy for the foreseeable future is as follows and in this order:
* do absolutely no PvP or PvE, and refrain from all events unless xp is suspended during such an event (an idea I have made to Funzio already)
** while camping, take on allies, especially those in the 80s, 70s and 60s who represent my potential attackers while I camp
1) work on all my boost buildings including composites until they are all level 10; most are at 5 now and composites is at 8; infirmary needs work
2) raise level of main defenses to at least 5; fortified bunkers already on 3, going to work on minefields (currently 1) next; not sure about my single EMP and railgun...
3) get all unit buildings to level 10; currently most at 6 or 7
4) work on my economy and upgrade until I'm comfortable over 300K level
5) throughout this process, buy the best high end units I can afford and in large volumes, added with the occasional gold unit with Tapjoy gold or gold from sales only - just for fun!
6) when I'm ready, launch myself into the pond while reducing allies to a point which works - the "sweet spot" I've heard referred to!

I played quite normally to get to Level 89, and I enjoyed it greatly. I have to say that I am enjoying this alternate interim approach equally much - the strategizing (is that a word?), the self-control, and the long-termism have all turned out to be very refreshing and challenging, and I suspect are more akin to real battle preparation and execution than the relentless march to Level 200.

Part of my theorizing assumes that Funzio will indeed introduce different thresholds above us (AO mentions these in this thread) in the coming weeks and months, as well as removing certain ceilings (Level 200, cap on allies, vault size etc.). If they do, and once I recommence my campaign, I should move up with my cohort and remain strong among them thereafter. I certainly have no desire to be first to the finish line (if there were one) or to do battle with the golden alliances that have and are taking shape in higher levels.

If that helps you in any way, great, but my reason for responding at length was actually to get my own ideas on paper, as it were.

Good luck!

You already have high enough stats to step into the top tier. Normally people of all ally ranges show up on our rivals lists, lowering your allies will only decrease your strength. Currently though, i haven't seen anyone with low allies in a bit. Don't know how long that will last, happens sometimes but is regularly switched back. Heavy gold alliances tend to stick to warring with eachother, they're also usually open to becoming allies. They really don't bother you that much. The people that will be attacking you are the random gold spenders, in which case you will never have high enough stats to beat them, so strengthening up wont help that much. You can stay below the line forever and play that way, but you won't be bothered that much with 38K defence. Also can never expect to compete with any heavy gold buyers. You come in knowing you will get attacked sometimes, or you stay out. Unless your stats are ****, you wont be getting hit constantly.

Thunder Child
04-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Good to know, JMC! But as I said, really enjoying a new type of challenge right now.

Mcdoc
04-02-2012, 01:35 AM

Here are my stats:
Full vault
oh, and I buy some gold just for fun!

Guys I'm right there with you too!

In Game name: McDoc
I'm level 88 (I hope we're allies)
I currently have 143 Alliances (want to be above 300 by level 90)
1784 Units
18939 Alliance Attack
19313 Alliance Defense
140k / hr income (not sure why this matters)
I have 65 skill points on Attack
I have 73 skill points on Defense (plan to put 6 more here by 90)
Currently have 5 million vault (halfway to the next upgrade)

Oh - and I have a bus load of Gold Units :)

SO - I'm seriously ready to put on the brakes and beef up where I need to so that I won't become a play toy for some Hello Kitty (lol) in the Shark Tank.

I recently dropped down from 389 allies down to 100 after the Diamond event because I had lost so many units that I was down below 900 units when I rated over 1200. Since then I've farmed almost 500 AT's and beefed up on Super Hornets & Ospreys as well as other Sea Units. I am finally ready to work on getting my Allie count back up.

I also want to get my Air Hanger from 3 to 10 as well as my Composite Building and Infirmary. I know I should have been up on these already - but I kinda rushed into this game and as an aggressive attacker, I leveled up a lot fast than I should have. I have been focusing on building all the money buildings over 12 hour collection times minutes the Nano-Tech so far - but almost all of those buildings are level 1. It would take months to get all of those buildings to 10 - and maybe I'm not in as much jeopardy as I think

I'm glad to have gotten the Ambulance in the Diamond event to help lower casualties (allegedly) and the Typhoon Chopper from the briefcase event will hopefully help get the upgrades done ASAP. The only thing that will spoil my plan to "turtle" will be if Funzio introduces an Easter Egg event tomorrow with a must have 10th level prize :/

This is what I love about the Forum - a place to exchange ideas. I truly consider ALL of you here on the Forum as an elite group of well informed and good spirited players. So I guess my next question is to find out who some of our Forum members are who re past level 90 so I can Allie up and join the fraternity of top level players in the game who may have already formed key alliances.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 02:16 AM
Mcdoc, you and I are already allies.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Update - 2 crappy xp from a successfully defended attack took me over the barrier. Ho hum, let's see what happens now...

Note for other campers - make sure you leave a good margin for gaining xp from other players attacking you!

Nicz
04-02-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm 83 atm, and i made an economy of 50k valors to buy MLR, going from 24k def to 35k now...i think i'm prepared for the no man's land PVP zone ^^
In my opinion you must economise valors (actually the events can be helpful to get some precious ones)

I got a question for the 90's and above players: when we reached this level, from what level can be the people attacking? 100 until 115 or above?

ez12345
04-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Update - 2 crappy xp from a successfully defended attack took me over the barrier. Ho hum, let's see what happens now...

Note for other campers - make sure you leave a good margin for gaining xp from other players attacking you!

Roger that! OTOH, it would be a strategy (via suicide attack) to push someone over L90.

I'm 83 atm, and i made an economy of 50k valors to buy MLR, going from 24k def to 35k now...i think i'm prepared for the no man's land PVP zone ^^
In my opinion you must economise valors (actually the events can be helpful to get some precious ones)

I got a question for the 90's and above players: when we reached this level, from what level can be the people attacking? 100 until 115 or above?

Same question here. At exact L90, which lvl/ally will attack you, and who can you attack? I hope Thunder can report back soon.

If it's not that bad, I would rather risk myself at L90 than camping out for months without any fun.

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Hmmm note to self, look for a new L90 in my rivals list....

Hitting L90 seems a bit different now, seems to be grouped more than before but I'm still under 300 allies so not sure how much more my rivals list is going to change in the next while. I had noticed that the devs have changed a few things including loss rates after the last event and loss rates seem to be worse again after being pretty good during the event.

Also notice the lowest level rival I have is now L92 and I still can't see anyone over about 425 allies so you might be safe from the uber whales for a little while.... or not.... as I don't know what they can see now since I don't have 500+ allies yet.

I would have a decent defense, bare minimum would be 18,000 but I would feel a lot better around 30,000. If you are under 10,000 do not leave money sitting around because everyone is going to be smacking you down for valor and cash.

JMC
04-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Lowest i see on my lists are Lvl 92s, everyone also has max allies or near max. Really hate when they do that, as a low ally count should not protect you. Makes absolutely no sense.

Makes multiple fronts especially annoying and especially unprofitable. I have to do 48 attacks on people with max allies and usually decent strength, so i cant get a good casualty rate, and then it rewards less valor than the regular missions. Really annoying.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Hmmm note to self, look for a new L90 in my rivals list....

Hitting L90 seems a bit different now, seems to be grouped more than before but I'm still under 300 allies so not sure how much more my rivals list is going to change in the next while. I had noticed that the devs have changed a few things including loss rates after the last event and loss rates seem to be worse again after being pretty good during the event.

Also notice the lowest level rival I have is now L92 and I still can't see anyone over about 425 allies so you might be safe from the uber whales for a little while.... or not.... as I don't know what they can see now since I don't have 500+ allies yet.

I would have a decent defense, bare minimum would be 18,000 but I would feel a lot better around 30,000. If you are under 10,000 do not leave money sitting around because everyone is going to be smacking you down for valor and cash.
Response to note to self, we are allies already AO!

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Response to note to self, we are allies already AO!

Are or were? Just kidding....

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Lowest i see on my lists are Lvl 92s, everyone also has max allies or near max. Really hate when they do that, as a low ally count should not protect you. Makes absolutely no sense.

Makes multiple fronts especially annoying and especially unprofitable. I have to do 48 attacks on people with max allies and usually decent strength, so i cant get a good casualty rate, and then it rewards less valor than the regular missions. Really annoying.

Now that's interesting, I noticed when I went past about 250-260 I suddenly had a lot of rivals with up to 350 allies but can still see the ones with over 150. I seem to have lost the one's with 1 - 150ish. I had debated deleting a few allies to see if that changed anything but decided against it since these were the folks that came to my aid when I needed them so it would not be honorable.

My brothers are quickly approaching L90 so I might need to get them to drop allies to dip below 250 so they don't wind up in whale territory.

I've run out of the multiple fronts goals, have Force Degredation Operation 201 which is win 21 battles against opponents with 499 or more allies. I suspect once I clear that one I only have the 500 ally one left.

When I hit level 132 I think I'll get back the one where I have to defeat rivals at level 132 or higher.

Tate
04-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Update -

Good advice TC! Never thought about that while building my economy up. Events are bad enough ;-)

Primo
04-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Great info on this thread so far.

That being said, my stats are as follows:
L107 ~ 13k Atk. ~ 23k Def. ~ 339 Allies

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of crossing the L90 threshold not knowing what was in wait for me. At the time I had maxed allies at 450. I was being attacked on a regular basis and decided to experiment with ally count. What I found out was that once I droped to 349 a lot of things lightened up. With my current stats and moderate number of defence skill points I win about 50% of the time I am attacked.

It appears to me that there is a min lvl threshold as well. The max number of lvls below me that I can attack is 14. So since I am currently lvl 107 the lowest rival lvl I see is 93 and the 14 lvl difference has been consistent since I hit lvl 90. Now on the flip side I do see much higher lvl rivals then me but they are few and far between. And 90% of the time they are poorly equipped. I have seen a rival as high as 14 lvls above me but it's only the one guy. And When I am attacked the rival is usually with in 4 lvls of me on either side.

There also appears to be ally thresholds. With the 349 allies I previously had I could see rivals with as few as 175 allies. The guys with this few rarely pop up in the list but if you hit refresh enough times you can find them relatively quickly. Basically an entire list of rivals ranging from 175-225 allies populates. On average rivals pop up with about 300 allies most often. I forget how high the rivals ally count was when I had 349 allies but currently the highest I see and very rarely at that is 465.

I have been banking my valor for about 40 levels now and have 290k. I can no longer see rivals with ally count over 465 and am on Force Deg 189 which requires 459 allies.

I am finding some good info on the forums, but up until now I didn't want to buy Valor units b/c I was losing SH like crazy. About 7k attacks/ raids ago I had 350 SH and now down to 60. I have been using meat shields but a lot of the losses came from me raiding people that had 2-3k more defence then my attack and me not understanding the ramifications of higher unit loss as well as retaliation(lvls 90-95ish when I finally started to figure things out). On a similar topic, the loss rate on the strike eagle has to be almost 2x of the SH. I say this because when I was down to 100 SH I bought 175 strike eagle thinking low casualty was the same across the board. Not the case, as currently I have 20 strike eagles left.

Hope this helps and I look forward to hearing feed back from others experiences.

What?
04-04-2012, 10:28 PM
I would say jump into level 90. At 90 you will only have max 450 allies. That is a good place to be. Any more allies like the max 500 at lvl 100 and you will be hit mercifully by really strong players. Even ally count around 480 will subject yourself to said players. Most of the so called whales have their max allies simply because they spent a few hundred dollars or more on the game and they want to bring all their units for maximum attack and defense score. They love going to their profiles and seeing huge numbers. I've tried both at close to 500 allies and around 450 and I can tell you 450 is much better. I took a screen shot to reiterate my point.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/1b99b124.jpg

At 450 allies you see mostly 90 players with a few higher levels, but no one with max 500 allies. You can still complete all the valor missions. Most lvl 90s show 450 allies, but actually have over 450 but the rivals list only shows the allies for their level not the actual amount. You will be able to complete the missions win battles against 499 allies. You can even find people to hit for the level valor missions, but it is less frequent past 100.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj105/slowmotionnoob/c0c6f43f.jpg

This is when I added allies past about 480. Notice a difference? If you want to take this route there are some advantages. First you bring the maximum amount of units, so you will be inherently stronger. But it certainly has some disadvantages such as what I said before with ALL players with 500 or more allies being able to locate and attack.

Thunder Child
04-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Primo and What?, without a doubt two of the most useful posts I have read on this forum since I signed up. Thank you both!

JMC
04-04-2012, 10:52 PM
The lowest amount of allies the high levels with max allies can see is 460. Level 90s and 91s don't show up on their rivals lists anymore because number of allies are taken into account now.

They will only see 92 plus, and only if they are using the maximum amount of allies.

Hellstorm
04-05-2012, 12:32 AM
Best thread of all... Thanks everybody. I am at lvl 88 as well and far from ready to enter the shark zone. Only a hundred plus a couple allies and little over 12k defense... I would get eaten like a gold fish.
To those that went through this, do you find rivals with a lot lower ally count as well as level... Somebody mentioned that he could only see rivals 14 levels beneath him yet, I was once attacked by somebody lvl 102 when I was at lvl 73. Of course I had my sweet revenge... But it makes me wonder how deep you can see. The shark zone, even though a dangerous and unknown valley for those who are about to enter, can be a great opportunity with a lot of chances. I am kinda excited...
My goals: bump up defense... Add 200 allies with 20-25k def sounds reasonable. As well as 300k income an hour. But damn those nanotechs are hard to get.

Hellstorm
04-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Damn just made the calculations... It's too hard to get 25k defense with 200 allies and only 2 levels away. It's possible if you camp for a months and save 150mil for defense units. I guess... 300 allies sounds more reasonable. Everybody add me ;)

StuN
04-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Just did a massive ally cull from 750 down to 450. Thanks for the info

Everson25
04-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Thanks for this thread. It’s been very useful as I’m getting closer and closer to level 90. I’m far from being ready to cross the fine line. It looks I will have to wait a bit. I’m level 80 but I already started making some changes in order to get prepared for the shark zone. At the moment I have just two big dilemma, one is that when I camped first time I used to have a second account so it was easy as I carried on playing as normal and putting in practice what I learned around here. However, I don’t have the other account anymore as my lovely wife took over and don’t allow me playing anymore. She does everything herself…lol. It looks I will have to download CC to keep me busy.

The second dilemma is to buy gold or not. I’m a free player but I wouldn’t mind to have the compost factory which would help me on my next strategy. The only thing I know I won’t be able to have enough in reserve is value points as I spent all on SH. Probably I will get some but not enough so I will have to buy some high value units to compensate a bit.

I know that at the end it won’t be enough all my preparation but at least I made an effort to improve things on my base before getting level 90.

Are you guys planning to buy the Nanotech Factory? The reason I ask is that I visited some of your bases and noticed that many didn’t buy it. I don’t know if it was a strategy to keep low or it was only because of the high value tag on it.

Hellstorm
04-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Are you guys planning to buy the Nanotech Factory? The reason I ask is that I visited some of your bases and noticed that many didn’t buy it. I don’t know if it was a strategy to keep low or it was only because of the high value tag on it.[/QUOTE]

If you'd give me 10mil in an instant I will buy it immediately. There is strategies you could actually make it happen without sitting around with all that unvaulted cash. Like selling other buildings to reach the needed money. Defense buildings are good for that... Especially since they become pointless

StuN
04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Are you guys planning to buy the Nanotech Factory? The reason I ask is that I visited some of your bases and noticed that many didn’t buy it. I don’t know if it was a strategy to keep low or it was only because of the high value tag on it.If you'd give me 10mil in an instant I will buy it immediately. There is strategies you could actually make it happen without sitting around with all that unvaulted cash. Like selling other buildings to reach the needed money. Defense buildings are good for that... Especially since they become pointless[/QUOTE]Wait, what! Defense buildings are pointless?

Hellstorm
04-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah imagine with all those defense buildings accumulating no more than 3500-4000 (guess) defense and that at lvl 10. Somebody with a few more allies and some strong units evens that out easily. Also consider the money spent on the buildings and the upgrade cost. The opportunity cost is simply too high for defense buildings to be actually meaningfull. All those 100s of millions could be spend on strong defense units that would boost your defense 10 fold, not even considering boost buildings.
My experience is that people waist their money on defense buildings. First at all they dont work when attacked only when raided. I also raided people with higher defense stats than my attack stats, and they were heavily protected by strong defense buildings and yet couldn't fend me off.
Defense buildings are productive if you are still in low level and low ally count. They can actually make a big difference, but once you get into higher levels with high ally counts and strong armies they basically don't play a role anymore and have no sagnificance whatsoever. Imagine 5 mine fields... Each gives you what 32 defense? That's 160 defense... Only one single gold unit of mine has more than double the attack stats. Than you have to take into consideration that attacker often attack with a lot more allies... Your defense buildings simply don't make a difference in high ally regions. It always depends on the actual strength of the player but I would say after 50+ allies they lose their significance. The money spent on upgrading the defense buildings colud be spend on boost buildings and economy which would again have a huge return to build a strong defense through units.

Speed ump
04-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Anyone can see you, few allies, many. All. There is no reason not o have your max allies for your level. Do the VIP thing for 10 gold. Cheap easy way to get a bunch of allies without having to go around asking. If you can't be bothered for even this buy grunts. 17 gold per though. Camp and get as powerful as you can, there's one guy at 200 k strength, me. And others nearly there. Also, do not get in the way of or get crossways with the pirates. You will not like what happens if you do.

JohnnyR
04-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Anyone can see you, few allies, many. All. There is no reason not o have your max allies for your level. Do the VIP thing for 10 gold. Cheap easy way to get a bunch of allies without having to go around asking. If you can't be bothered for even this buy grunts. 17 gold per though. Camp and get as powerful as you can, there's one guy at 200 k strength, me. And others nearly there. Also, do not get in the way of or get crossways with the pirates. You will not like what happens if you do.

There too is a reason to go half or lower than max ally.

At level 89 with 164 allies, I can see guys with ONE ally. Before at 320 the min I could see was 88 I believe. Which will drop more cash, which will put up less fight? Less risk losing units against low allied players, dropping ally count lets you see them.

Speed ump
04-05-2012, 11:02 PM
But you better have all you can when You get to lvl 90 which is what I was revering to. There you can have 1 or 1000. All see you. Actually I see about 94 up now, not 90. It's crept p last few weeks. I always went or most strength, so I needed at least enough allies to cover max units for my level. If you want best defense, then invoke the cloak. But be careful, it can be dangerous. Like being-in a locked room with just yourself. Gives them nothing to hit. Invented by boost busta. My way is just raw power, then don't have to worry about anything.

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 11:22 PM
But you better have all you can when You get to lvl 90 which is what I was revering to. There you can have 1 or 1000. All see you. Actually I see about 94 up now, not 90. It's crept p last few weeks. I always went or most strength, so I needed at least enough allies to cover max units for my level. If you want best defense, then invoke the cloak. But be careful, it can be dangerous. Like being-in a locked room with just yourself. Gives them nothing to hit. Invented by boost busta. My way is just raw power, then don't have to worry about anything.
Invoke the cloak? Does that refer to dropping numbers of allies?

JohnnyR
04-05-2012, 11:39 PM

Good point, and that's my exact plan. Pushin hard to get my units up....glad the shark territory crept up a bit, thanks for the good news. :-)

JohnnyR
04-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Invoke the cloak? Does that refer to dropping numbers of allies?

Wonder if this is selling all buildings, heh-sounds either brilliant or mad.....maybe both!

Thunder Child
04-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Wonder if this is selling all buildings, heh-sounds either brilliant or mad.....maybe both!
Ah, so gold players with full golden army don't need money buildings, so they sell them? Think I heard about that somewhere...

JMC
04-06-2012, 12:11 AM
yeah, seems like some people can still see all ally ranges, for some reason i cant. So scratch what i said earlier. Game is inconsistent between players.

StuN
04-06-2012, 12:44 AM
So it doesn't matter if you have 450 or 500 at lvl 90? Even more reason to put the brakes on. I can see that a lot of people will become disillusioned with the game once they reach that level

Thunder Child
04-06-2012, 12:53 AM
So it doesn't matter if you have 450 or 500 at lvl 90? Even more reason to put the brakes on. I can see that a lot of people will become disillusioned with the game once they reach that level
It might matter, yes, since one or two of the higher level players have reported seeing people at L90, because these players had the full quota of 500 allies. For that reason, probably safer not to have all 500 in play until L100. For myself, I'm going with 475 for now at L89, bang in-between your tow numbers.

StuN
04-06-2012, 01:17 AM
My point is, if I hadn't read this thread, I would have merrily carried on levelling up, oblivious to the oncoming storm. Surely it's in Funzio's best interest to fix this or at least give an ingame warning? Something along the lines of: You're about to have your ass handed to you on a plate!

Thunder Child
04-06-2012, 01:28 AM
My point is, if I hadn't read this thread, I would have merrily carried on levelling up, oblivious to the oncoming storm. Surely it's in Funzio's best interest to fix this or at least give an ingame warning? Something along the lines of: You're about to have your ass handed to you on a plate!
Much too nanny state-ish! The forum itself functions as a self regulating (most of the time) mouthpiece and communication channel for players. It's up individuals to join and benefit if they wish. Beyond that, it's war!

StuN
04-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Much too nanny state-ish! The forum itself functions as a self regulating (most of the time) mouthpiece and communication channel for players. It's up individuals to join and benefit if they wish. Beyond that, it's war!It may be "Nanny state-ish" but the whole point of the game is to make Funzio money. Now, if people are leaving because they're fed up with constantly getting whacked by high end players, Funzio lose income.

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 04:29 AM
It may be "Nanny state-ish" but the whole point of the game is to make Funzio money. Now, if people are leaving because they're fed up with constantly getting whacked by high end players, Funzio lose income.

Guess you can still get wacked by gold buyers anywhere in the game so not sure if that is a good arguement. Main thing by now is that you should have figured out enough of the game that you have a decent idea of how your defense and allies work. I think a lot of the folks who cross over and get decimated were turtling or thinking they were always going to slip under the radar by keeping a extremely low allie count and this like a few other changes the devs have made to the game is in response to that tactic.

Speed ump
04-06-2012, 11:58 AM
The cloak is no buildings, best defense you can have. Watch out or you may go mad. Not all or most do that, I do not. Buti have the strength to defend whati have, plus a lot of high level friends who would help defend me also.

Agent Orange
04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
The cloak is no buildings, best defense you can have. Watch out or you may go mad. Not all or most do that, I do not. Buti have the strength to defend whati have, plus a lot of high level friends who would help defend me also.

The cloak is no joke, that is for certain. Though not many people fully understand the brilliance of the strategy.

When I first encountered it I totally misunderstood it's intention and I think many fall into the same trap as I did but once you understand....

Thunder Child
04-06-2012, 03:43 PM
The cloak is no joke, that is for certain. Though not many people fully understand the brilliance of the strategy.

When I first encountered it I totally misunderstood it's intention and I think many fall into the same trap as I did but once you understand....
I'm guessing they leave a honeypot (at least one rich building) to lure unsuspecting victims in, then once they have them on their radar, attach them mercilessly!

Acheron
04-07-2012, 05:26 AM
I'm planning to hit level 94 with 2000 military ambulances, which is 36k defence with 500 allies. And I'll sync all my 24/48 hour buildings so that they never get raided. I figure the best defence is to not give them a reason to attack you.

I'll raid with a stealth frigate/jet fighter combo to keep the cost of attacking as low as possible. It sounds like my current strategy of 50 allies and just attacking with valor units won't work anymore at that level.

By the way having a meat shield of jet fighters seems to help a lot, because now that I'm on a very low ally count I'm losing a lot of stealth frigates (but making a lot more money than before when I had max allies).

Agent Orange
04-07-2012, 06:40 AM
^^^ Problem with doing this is that your unit density is going to be low. I discovered this pretty quickly once in the higher levels where everyone has very high unit density so wound up bulking up on much stronger units. I also would not buy meat shields as your cash will be better used upgrading buildings or buying more expensive units and if you do any attacking then you wind up with a lot of PvP loot items which can be quite good.

Acheron
04-07-2012, 07:45 AM
If you get more expensive units then you can't profitably attack. I use the jet fighters mainly to prevent my military ambulances from attacking, and also because they reduce the casualty rates of the stealth frigates.

I expect my attack force to be something like 400 stealth frigates, a bunch of pvp/mission units, and 1200-1600 jet fighters, and I expect to lose about 5 jet fighters per attack, which is $20000 per attack.

This seriously cuts down what makes a profitable target, maybe to the point where I should just camp and start buying aircraft carriers.

Maybe I might be better off staying small and hope nobody attacks me, at least you can profitably attack with a low ally count. In which case my ambulances are a giant waste of money. I'm starting to think that they are.

Some people suggest farming mini subs or amphibious troopers, and using those instead of jet fighters. I think that just hides the cost, but it's an option.

I think people worry about the goldfish too much. Does it really matter if you get attacked a lot, as long as you always collect on time and keep your money in the vault? I'm planning on continuing to level as fast as possible, probably with a low ally count since thats the most profitable way to do it. I just don't know what to spend my excess money on. Maybe railgun destroyers, they have very low casualty rates.

Gabbahh
04-08-2012, 03:56 AM
I think people worry about the goldfish too much. Does it really matter if you get attacked a lot, as long as you always collect on time and keep your money in the vault? I'm planning on continuing to level as fast as possible, probably with a low ally count since thats the most profitable way to do it. I just don't know what to spend my excess money on. Maybe railgun destroyers, they have very low casualty rates.
Collecting on time is a good defense.

Railgun destroyers are a good idea. While keeping a low ally count you should try and build up a large and strong (reserve) army. Since you want to level fast this is very important. Don't concentrate on only railgun destroyers but also go for units which are strong against, have a low casualty rate, and high A/D values.

The moment you enter high levels people of much higher level + ally count and thus a much stronger army will be able to see you. When this happens you need to able to raise ally count and maintain high density score so you won't be as tasty as before. It is also a good idea to save up valor, so that when you need a boost you can add a couple of K to you A/D scores.

What?
04-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Forget about what I said about number of allies. Either funzio changed it purposefully or the game mechanics just suddenly changed, but number of allies doesn't seem to matter. I just started getting raided and attacked by players with 1000s of allies and a hundred thousand attack/defense over the past two days. If they did changed the parameter purposefully I would like to say you stink funzio. If you didn't change it and it is a result of some bug then I would like to say you stink funzio. I think players over 100 and with 500 or more allies have enough targets why should they have more? Also I can never find these players with the amount of allies I have why should they be able to find me?

Agent Orange
04-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Forget about what I said about number of allies. Either funzio changed it purposefully or the game mechanics just suddenly changed, but number of allies doesn't seem to matter. I just started getting raided and attacked by players with 1000s of allies and a hundred thousand attack/defense over the past two days. If they did changed the parameter purposefully I would like to say you stink funzio. If you didn't change it and it is a result of some bug then I would like to say you stink funzio. I think players over 100 and with 500 or more allies have enough targets why should they have more? Also I can never find these players with the amount of allies I have why should they be able to find me?

The only change I saw was folks coming out of the woodwork because of this new event. All looking for those boxes and therefore testing a lot of players. I'm getting hit as well so I'm trying not to keep an unopened box but keeping several hits on the naval battle or targeting a couple of good sources for boxes. But honestly I'm not really too interested this time and the PvP loss rate is higher than the gain.

Those above L90 seem to be grouped still by ally count, seems to be about 3 breaks. Those really low under 100, then a middle group and then those who poke up above 390 who are grouped into the top tier where it's a free for all.

For those playing Kingdom Age, I think they have tweaked the rivals list a lot better in that game. Seems it's based more on stats than level and number of allies though could just be that the game is pretty new as it seems to be starting out the same way MW did and then things changed.

Aidan
04-14-2012, 03:24 AM
My strat for going 90 is to be total defensive n PVE. I'm reaching 88.

Skills point- Def skills points is at 100 now n energy 1100. Not sure if i shud put more on energy as 1100 seems to be just about nice- filled up overnight.

Pvp- No pvp fr me except fr valor missions. With high casualties n my increasing army cost, it wud be pointless fr me to do any pvp as loss will be higher thn gain.

Pve- doing all map mastery now to collect as much as skills point i cn get n dump it on def skills. I'm at the oil refinery plant now.

Units- concentrate on defensive units. lots n lots of stealth surveilance drone. Aiming fr the lowest to def will be my hawk drone (currently it's medic). Valors will be spend on hornets to beef up att. Altho i wont be doing much pvp, i still need the psychology effect on rivals tht i'm able to retaliate if want.

Building upgrade- my composites factory is lvl 7. Need at least lvl 8 then concentrate on high payout money building.

Money buildings- wont be building any nano or space centre. Instead will focus on upgrading on wht i hv right now.

Att/def stat- currently Att 31000 n Def 40000. I'm quite happy with the att but def shud be like 43k at least. Not sure if tht's possible with 2 lvls ahead to 90.

Thunder Child
04-14-2012, 03:53 AM
@ Aidan
Everything you wrote is pretty much what I have or am aiming for at L91.... You should have no problem getting attack 43K

Bronson
04-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Just keeping my perfect streak going!

Thunder Child
04-14-2012, 06:49 AM
WTF? Following up on each of my posts?

Bronson
04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Thats right TC im stalking you

bigflan
04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Hi bronson