PDA

View Full Version : Driving Customers away!!

moneybags
03-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Ive been on the last document for two days. So I decided to spend $15 on gold. This is the first time I have purchased gold. Used all the gold on opening cases and still and have not seen the last document. Now I have a very bad taste for these events and feel like I have been scammed by funzio. I have been trying for this last document for two days. Used gold and no gold. I understand now to NEVER buy gold again. I understand funzio is out to make money because they are a business but at the point of loosing customers? you are treading a very fine line of making customers angry or happy. I am now an angry customer that will not return for any business. If this is what the goal of these events are then good job.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 08:19 PM
I am actually going to agree with you. Spent over 3000 gold on just this event and still couldn't get the last document to drop.

I know Funzio wants me to spend gold, and I did. And I did again and again and again and still nothing.

I understand spending 250-400 gold to get the last document but roughly 2500 (the other 500 was at the beginning) and still can't get the last one. There is something wrong there.

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 08:20 PM
Three points. First, Funzio make it quite clear that there is an element of chance in these events, which means that not everybody, and in fact most people, will walk away without the top prize. Second, the decision to buy gold and part with real money is entirely your own decision, so your anger can only be turned on yourself if you regret the choice you made. Finally, it's only a game, and whether you invest real money or not, at the end of the day it remains nothing more than a bit of escapism from the real world.

Edit: response to Moneybags; you must have been writing at the same time as me, WP.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 08:25 PM
I completely agree with thunder child war priest instead you should buy crates and hope for a Tarawa drop ship (really want it)

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 08:26 PM
I am actually going to agree with you. Spent over 3000 gold on just this event and still couldn't get the last document to drop.

I know Funzio wants me to spend gold, and I did. And I did again and again and again and still nothing.

I understand spending 250-400 gold to get the last document but roughly 2500 (the other 500 was at the beginning) and still can't get the last one. There is something wrong there.You have simply been horrendously unlucky, so far! Personally, I would leave the gold and let the rest ride on chance alone with whatever docs you have remaining...

JohnnyR
03-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Three points. First, Funzio make it quite clear that there is an element of chance in these events, which means that not everybody, and in fact most people, will walk away without the top prize. Second, the decision to buy gold and part with real money is entirely your own decision, so your anger can only be turned on yourself if you regret the choice you made. Finally, it's only a game, and whether you invest real money or not, at the end of the day it remains nothing more than a bit of escapism from the real world.

Edit: response to Moneybags; you must have been writing at the same time as me, WP.

I kinda want to put this entire post in my sig.

[edit] Feel for ya WP. Hope ya get the new unit man.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 08:30 PM
You have simply been horrendously unlucky, so far! Personally, I would leave the gold and let the rest ride on chance alone with whatever docs you have remaining...

Man I am done with this event. I will give it money shots the next 3 hours but that is it. Next event, I am done putting gold into these type of events. I seriously want Funzio to reply in this thread and tell us what they think of all this. I understand spending real money to get it. But spending over 3000 gold with a failure still, that is telling you something is rigged.

Slippy
03-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes it is a game and I agree that there is an element of chance involved but it should be stated that even if you spend money you still have almost no chance of getting the last document. This is the second event that got 9 out of ten in 2 days and never got the final document. I play all waking hours. If there is an element of chance then it would stand to reason that it should be equal throughout the event. If I can get 9 documents in 2 days then I should be able to get the final document in the remaining time. I am afraid this is just a ploy to part people with their money.

The game was fun for a while but i do believe that there is no incentive to play anymore. Unless you spend money you never have enouse offense or defense. I will be moving on to another game that actually respects its customers patronage.

JohnnyR
03-31-2012, 08:38 PM
Yes it is a game

Bingo. A free game. Don't have ta spend nothing!

I am afraid this is just a ploy to part people with their money.

Replace "ploy" with "business model."

You guys (and me) are quite addicted, but just because we're addicted to this game doesn't mean we're owed anything. This is Funzio's playground, they can let whoever they want play on the monkey bars.

I needed this reminder too a few times....I've b***ed in the past bout gold vs. free players in the past...

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes it is a game and I agree that there is an element of chance involved but it should be stated that even if you spend money you still have almost no chance of getting the last document. This is the second event that got 9 out of ten in 2 days and never got the final document. I play all waking hours. If there is an element of chance then it would stand to reason that it should be equal throughout the event. If I can get 9 documents in 2 days then I should be able to get the final document in the remaining time. I am afraid this is just a ploy to part people with their money.

The game was fun for a while but i do believe that there is no incentive to play anymore. Unless you spend money you never have enouse offense or defense. I will be moving on to another game that actually respects its customers patronage.
While there's no doubt that Funzio have set up an event which will tempt players to part with their money - and why shouldn't they; it's a business for them - you are overlooking the nature of chance and probability. It's quite possible in terms of probability for 9 docs to fall in the first day or two and then for nothing else to fall at all. When this happens, of course we get upset, but nobody has purposefully duped us. This is not a skill event. It is a game of chance with some strategic elements, namely which of the three opening options you will use, and if and when to indulge in the gold option. And I choose the word 'indulge' - if you can afford such a luxury, then you are in a privileged position from which you shouldn't really be complaining when the odds turn against you.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 08:44 PM
You guys (and me) are quite addicted, but just because we're addicted to this ame doesn't mean we're owed anything. This is Funzio's playground, they can let whoever they want play on the monkey bars.

Yeah, but money talks. And if you spend money on this game, you should have better chances of getting them. DW and AO got all ten for free! And then there are all these people who spent money and didn't get ****. Ok understand me, I know that it is a chance game, but...when somebody spends more than 3000 gold(which Funzio wants us to do) and it still doesn't drop, clear sign it is rigged for today. That my friend is what is screwed up. Gambling when you have a chance and gambling when you think you have a chance but really don't is two different things.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah, but money talks. And if you spend money on this game, you should have better chances of getting them. DW and AO got all ten for free! And then there are all these people who spent money and didn't get ****. Ok understand me, I know that it is a chance game, but...when somebody spends more than 3000 gold(which Funzio wants us to do) and it still doesn't drop, clear sign it is rigged for today. That my friend is what is screwed up. Gambling when you have a chance and gambling when you think you have a chance but really don't is two different things. Nobody on the forum or not very many people got a doc on this day so it maybe true

Pace
03-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Put me in the category of players who is just being driven to the realization I should delete the game from my advice and take up smoking cigs - it might be a healthier addiction. Looks like I will finish this event with 9 items too, just like last event. And I too had 25+ successful opens with 9 docs, to no avail. You know what those at suggests the odds are to get the 10th doc? Less than 3% at each successful open is what it seems like. Just wish funzio was up front with the odds.

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Yeah, but money talks. And if you spend money on this game, you should have better chances of getting them. DW and AO got all ten for free! And then there are all these people who spent money and didn't get ****. Ok understand me, I know that it is a chance game, but...when somebody spends more than 3000 gold(which Funzio wants us to do) and it still doesn't drop, clear sign it is rigged for today. That my friend is what is screwed up. Gambling when you have a chance and gambling when you think you have a chance but really don't is two different things.
Unfortunately, this doesn't make sense, WP. Since you recognize the event as a game of chance AND that two free eventers struck gold, so to speak, it doesn't matter whether one spends $10 or $50K - it remains a game of chance.
What is undoubtedly the case is that you have been REALLY unlucky, and deservedly feel p####d off.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Once you have your ninth the odds are messed a lot of people got it on the fourth day but on the sixth and seventh days it seems impossible

Pace
03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Gambling when you have a chance and gambling when you think you have a chance but really don't is two different things.

Agree 100%

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Put me in the category of players who is just being driven to the realization I should delete the game from my advice and take up smoking cigs - it might be a healthier addiction. Looks like I will finish this event with 9 items too, just like last event. And I too had 25+ successful opens with 9 docs, to no avail. You know what those at suggests the odds are to get the 10th doc? Less than 3% at each successful open is what it seems like. Just wish funzio was up front with the odds.Calculating the odds and putting them in the small print, as a lot of lottery systems do, would actually be a good idea and would save a lot of the soul searching and misplaced recrimination that is happening here.....

bigflan
03-31-2012, 08:55 PM
War priest has been drooped if one person deserves the ten docs it's you you give funzio lots of money and even pay for people's salaries

moneybags
03-31-2012, 08:55 PM
The point of a business is to make money and retain customers. At this rate I see more and more people upset with the outcome of these events. Everyone can point out the obviously chances and fact that its a game but this is a business that needs its customers. So keep pushing away the customers that put the money in will only leave them with free players. Free players does not equate to money. This game is addicting and fun but it is coming to the point that it is just irritating and that is where FUNZIO needs to listen to the customers. But like someone said, it is their monkey bars. They can have their monkey bars and I will keep my money and move on to another company that makes a different game that may listen to the monkeys on the bars!!

War Priest
03-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Unfortunately, this doesn't make sense, WP. Since you recognize the event as a game of chance AND that two free eventers struck gold, so to speak, it doesn't matter whether one spends $10 or $50K - it remains a game of chance.
What is undoubtedly the case is that you have been REALLY unlucky, and deservedly feel p####d off.

It used to be a game of chance. The damn thing is rigged for certain days. Spending 3000 gold and still having a failure pretty much proves that. Maybe if I would have done that yesterday I would of got it, but I am almost certain it was rigged for today. This is no longer luck or not. If a machine is rigged for quarters, you can't make it take nickels.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 08:58 PM
funzio why did you do this to us make it all up to us and give us are tenth doc cause this ain't cool and your losing customers so just do yourselves a favor and us a favor too just a plea for sanity cause it looks like war priest is going to lose it

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Agree 100%Again, you miss the point. Since a number of players, including two regular contributors to this forum, successfully got 10 docs without gold, you have to accept that the possibility was real not fabricated. Therefore, the gambler cannot claim to have been duped in a rigged game, only that luck wasn't on his side on this occasion.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Again, you miss the point. Since a number of players, including two regular contributors to this forum, successfully got 10 docs without gold, you have to accept that the possibility was real not fabricated. Therefore, the gambler cannot claim to have been duped in a rigged game, only that luck wasn't on his side on this occasion.

Were not talking about a slot machine though. Look at all the people at 9 today and can't get to ten. Your saying that isn't rigged? It was rigged to not let people get ten today. Especially me spending that much gold proves it. I opened more than 80 cases today alone, with gold.

moneybags
03-31-2012, 09:04 PM
I wonder if funzio has employee's that post on this forum just to keep this interesting. Maybe even show that these events are plausible????

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:05 PM
War priest has been drooped if one person deserves the ten docs it's you you give funzio lots of money and even pay for people's salariesThere is no question here that certain players through their efforts, investment and contribution to the game DESERVE the 10th doc... Totally agree, but don't confuse this with how the system works or the vagaries of probability.

JohnnyR
03-31-2012, 09:05 PM
The point of a business is to make money and retain customers. At this rate I see more and more people upset with the outcome of these events. Everyone can point out the obviously chances and fact that its a game but this is a business that needs its customers. So keep pushing away the customers that put the money in will only leave them with free players. Free players does not equate to money. This game is addicting and fun but it is coming to the point that it is just irritating and that is where FUNZIO needs to listen to the customers. But like someone said, it is their monkey bars. They can have their monkey bars and I will keep my money and move on to another company that makes a different game that may listen to the monkeys on the bars!!

Good points. Monkey bar analogy works both ways, obviously Funzio needs SOME of us on there. Honestly though, I've seen it posted that forum frequenters make up about 3% of players...or less, we're just the vocal and informed ones, the few...I don't think we represent the greater customer base (could be wrong..) There might be on or two outliers like WP where luck looked the other way despite heavy spending, and more not on the forums, but those would be the collateral damage unfortunately, a loss buried in statistics and calculated in the final outcome, pissed off players and lost revenue is probably baked in the cake so to speak. The risk taken in drawing in new players is obviously paying off big time for funzio.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 09:10 PM
I did not spend any money but war priest spent lots well I guess like they say when you gamble at slot machine chances of winnin are low but people, spend money blow it all and don't win but those who win are lucky and unfortunately warp ripest was one of the losers it's gambling if your using gold it's just clearly gambling

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:14 PM
I did not spend any money but war priest spent lots well I guess like they say when you gamble at slot machine chances of winnin are low but people, spend money blow it all and don't win but those who win are lucky and unfortunately warp ripest was one of the losers it's gambling if your using gold it's just clearly gambling

No, with gambling there is a chance of winning. Today, there wasn't a chance at all. So it wasn't gambling. It was being tricked into thinking we could win in. Yesterday was everyones last chance to get the last doc. If you didn't then your done.

Warfiend
03-31-2012, 09:15 PM
The free players who didn't get it think it's rigged for gold players and the gold players who didn't get it think it's rigged against them.

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:16 PM
I wonder if funzio has employee's that post on this forum just to keep this interesting. Maybe even show that these events are plausible????Not cool, Moneybags. FYI I sat out this event and have watched everything unfold as an interested observer. I spend some money on gold like many others, and as a paying customer I recognize two things. First, I need to control my enthusiasm for this great game - it is seriously addictive but I am also seriously committed to supporting my family, and I know that one could easily destroy the other. Second, there isn't a business in the world that aims to retain EVERY customer. Businesses put out a product or service and hope that it will sell, and that more and more people will take up their product. It cannot hope to satisfy everyone, and some customs will drop their product, but if it's essentially a good product, many more eager customrs will step in.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:17 PM
The free players who didn't get it think it's rigged for gold players and the gold players who didn't get it think it's rigged against them.

I never said anything about it being rigged against gold players. I said it was rigged today for all players.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 09:18 PM
No, with gambling there is a chance of winning. Today, there wasn't a chance at all. So it wasn't gambling. It was being tricked into thinking we could win in. Yesterday was everyones last chance to get the last doc. If you didn't then your done. Some people have gotten there tenth doc today I want 10 don't get me wrong but it's not rigged they designed it to get increasingly harder to get a doc every day and after each document it's gets harder but i still have not lost hope it's okay there are more events coming you can't win everything because you have gold your not special you just gained an advantage but people still beat you without that advantage

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:20 PM
No, with gambling there is a chance of winning. Today, there wasn't a chance at all. So it wasn't gambling. It was being tricked into thinking we could win in. Yesterday was everyones last chance to get the last doc. If you didn't then your done.But WP you have already accepted that there was a chance because several people you mentioned hit the jackpot. It's poor logic to reduce the argument to the final day only. And besides, it's not over yet!

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Some people have gotten there tenth doc today I want 10 don't get me wrong but it's not rigged they designed it to get increasingly harder to get a doc every day and after each document it's gets harder but i still have not lost hope it's okay there are more events coming you can't win everything because you have gold your not special you just gained an advantage but people still beat you without that advantagePerhaps the most sensible assessment on this thread so far!

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Some people have gotten there tenth doc today I want 10 don't get me wrong but it's not rigged they designed it to get increasingly harder to get a doc every day and after each document it's gets harder but i still have not lost hope it's okay there are more events coming you can't win everything because you have gold your not special you just gained an advantage but people still beat you without that advantage

You cannot prove it isn't rigged. You have no way to prove it isn't. I opened more than 80 crates today and not one was the document.

It doesn't even matter, none of this does. If gold(being money) doesn't get you what you want, then there is no point for it.

It may or may not be rigged. But I think people who are willing to put real money into a game should have better odds than those who don't. That is just the way the world is. Money talks...(except in heaven)

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I did not spend any money but war priest spent lots well I guess like they say when you gamble at slot machine chances of winnin are low but people, spend money blow it all and don't win but those who win are lucky and unfortunately warp ripest was one of the losers it's gambling if your using gold it's just clearly gamblingPast tense? It's not over until the fat lady sings!

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:24 PM
You cannot prove it isn't rigged. You have no way to prove it isn't. I opened more than 80 crates today and not one was the document.

It doesn't even matter, none of this does. If gold(being money) doesn't get you what you want, then there is no point for it.

It may or may not be rigged. But I think people who are willing to put real money into a game should have better odds than those who don't. That is just the way the world is. Money talks...(except in heaven)

I am not saying I buy gold for that reason, but if there was a reason for it to be rigged, that should be it.

Say what you want buddy. I will get my problem taken care of...

bigflan
03-31-2012, 09:26 PM

You don't get it you have an advantage but you are not special because you use gold if they increased the odds with gold then they have to jack up the prices you could still get it but it's a point for next event gold is just an advantage does not make you special you gambled and you lost deal with it ain't my problem

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:28 PM
You don't get it you have an advantage but you are not special because you use gold if they increased the odds with gold then they have to jack up the prices you could still get it but it's a point for next event gold is just an advantage does not make you special you gambled and you lost deal with it ain't my problem

Man I never said I was special. Quit repeating yourself. I get it. You never understand what I say and I have to say it like 4 or 5 times for you to get it. So I'll just omit it this time.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:30 PM

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF the event was rigged, it should be rigged so gold players have better chances than free players since they are the ones who pays their salaries.

I said it was rigged against both type of players. We can both argue back and forth weather it is rigged or not but in the end we are going to believe what we want. So no point.

JohnnyR
03-31-2012, 09:31 PM
WP, you gotta flyin' chance at the new unit man, hope that doc turns up for ya.

Njwmrb
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
I do not believe they rigged the event for today because there is no reason for them to do that, and I understand that it is just a chance that you will get a document but the decrease in odds of getting a 10th document is ridiculous. I've been at 9 documents for the past 3 days and got them all using the rusty knife, today I purchased gold for the first time ever and bought a vault of gold ($80) and have almost blown all the way through it and have not gotten a document. I will never purchase gold on this game or participate in these events again. I do plan on continuing to play but not getting this item puts me at a huge disadvantage to all the players that got it and I'm sure that will motivate me to quit.

Not happy.

Pace
03-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Again, you miss the point. Since a number of players, including two regular contributors to this forum, successfully got 10 docs without gold, you have to accept that the possibility was real not fabricated. Therefore, the gambler cannot claim to have been duped in a rigged game, only that luck wasn't on his side on this occasion.

No - you missed my point: i want truth in advertising. Tell me the god damn odds. Don't tell me it's a "medium chance" when it's less than 30 %. Don't tell me "it's hard, but keep buying gold". Tell me the odds and let me hang myself.

moneybags
03-31-2012, 09:34 PM
BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:35 PM
I do not believe they rigged the event for today because there is no reason for them to do that, and I understand that it is just a chance that you will get a document but the decrease in odds of getting a 10th document is ridiculous. I've been at 9 documents for the past 3 days and got them all using the rusty knife, today I purchased gold for the first time ever and bought a vault of gold ($80) and have almost blown all the way through it and have not gotten a document. I will never purchase gold on this game or participate in these events again. I do plan on continuing to play but not getting this item puts me at a huge disadvantage to all the players that got it and I'm sure that will motivate me to quit.

Not happy.

Yeah, I am done with gold on the events too. I will play with in game money only because after all they are free units. But not spending any gold again. I may stop all funds to Funzio completely. Have to think about it and see what their responses are first...

bigflan
03-31-2012, 09:35 PM
Okay I will get to your point now its rigged to get people like you to buy gold but there is still a chance without it you are just unlucky but still they want your gold they made it harder on the last day come too think of it no free player has got there tenth doc today hopefully I'll be the first but it's alright they made it like that cause people were scurrying to get there last doc

moneybags
03-31-2012, 09:37 PM
im happy I am not the only upset customer. Listen up FUNZIO!!

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Okay I will get to your point now its rigged to get people like you to buy gold but there is still a chance without it you are just unlucky but still they want your gold they made it harder on the last day come too think of it no free player has got there tenth doc today hopefully I'll be the first but it's alright they made it like that cause people were scurrying to get there last doc

I don't buy gold for the events. I already have it on hand. I buy gold for the limited editon units.

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Calculating the odds and putting them in the small print, as a lot of lottery systems do, would actually be a good idea and would save a lot of the soul searching and misplaced recrimination that is happening here.....

No - you missed my point: i want truth in advertising. Tell me the god damn odds. Don't tell me it's a "medium chance" when it's less than 30 %. Don't tell me "it's hard, but keep buying gold". Tell me the odds and let me hang myself.

In this case, you missed my earlier post where I expressed my agreement that publishing the odds WOULD be a good idea!

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:39 PM
im happy I am not the only upset customer. Listen up FUNZIO!!

I seriously hope they read this and reply. We have 5 full pages of angry emotions in an hour and a half.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 09:39 PM
I say we all talk to funzio about this and let's see what they say

Njwmrb
03-31-2012, 09:42 PM
They won't say anything, they never did when everyone complained about the casualty rate and they won't now.

Warfiend
03-31-2012, 09:48 PM
But I think people who are willing to put real money into a game should have better odds than those who don't. That is just the way the world is. Money talks...(except in heaven)

Doesnt work that way in Vegas. The slots don't detect that you've spent more money than others then change your odds accordingly. Video games in arcades don't make it easy on you because you put more quarters in than other players. Lottery programs don't give your tickets special odds because you spent more than others.

You dont want better odds, you want a sure thing. They have sure things available in this game just for gold players, gold units.

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:49 PM
I suspect in this particular 'theater' of war, there are Funzio members in the audience, but that they are actually rolling around on the floor with their popcorn in response to the tragi-comedy they are watching! Why would they stop the show?
Thunder Child, exit stage left.....
(applause)

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Doesnt work that way in Vegas. The slots don't detect that you've spent more money than others then change your odds accordingly. Video games in arcades don't make it easy on you because you put more quarters in than other players. Lottery programs don't give your tickets special odds because you spent more than others.

You dont want better odds, you want a sure thing. They have sure things available in this game just for gold players, gold units.

I know, I'm from Vegas. Read my earlier post..."this isn't like playing slot machines".

And yep, that is why I am officially sticking to the limited editions now.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 09:50 PM
War priest is getting bombardierd by people though still go for the helicopter you can do it still not over yet you know

War Priest
03-31-2012, 09:51 PM
War priest is getting bombardierd by people though still go for the helicopter you can do it still not over yet you know

No thanks...

I mean I am still trying with cash though.. Guys remember if you keep the app open when the timer hits zero it will still be going on until you close out. Well at least that is what happened with the last event.

hound
03-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Well- you can put a fork in this dog! I'm done! Went through 18 cases today and no 9th doc. Interesting observation today: out of all the attacks, raids and missions that i did today (a complete Lv worth), I only came across 2 cases. Again, my Lv 34 profile was able to find cases with every other hit. I can say this about the "Event"- I am walking away with some cool indestructible units! Will I walk away from this game completely? I do feel like the pain expressed in this thread, to rethink the entertainment value of continuning.

I meant- No 10th doc! 40 minutes to last and final case! which, I just recovered in an attack.

Warfiend
03-31-2012, 09:52 PM

I know, I hope he gets it at this point.

bigflan
03-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Oh can't wait till mcdoc Bronson stricker Luke get a load of this they say it's entertaining to, watch my posts

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:53 PM

(Enter stage right)

Another good assessment, and perhaps a good point to draw a line under this for now?

(audience stands)

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh can't wait till mcdoc Bronson stricker Luke get a load of this they say it's entertaining to, watch my posts
They're probably in the aisles with the others, unable to move, not sure whether to laugh or cry...

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Act 1 scene 1..... fin

Raider6
03-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Interesting thread. Same experience as many others on here. Had 9 documents for the last 3 days and made the plunge into gold today. Opened over 20 crates today and no 10th document. Love the game but I'm done with purchasing gold.

For the next event I will play up until the 7th item to get the indestructible units, but drop it after that. I can't afford to be checking into the game 14 - 18 times a day for such a low chance to get the main prize.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Interesting thread. Same experience as many others on here. Had 9 documents for the last 3 days and made the plunge into gold today. Opened over 20 crates today and no 10th document. Love the game but I'm done with purchasing gold.

For the next event I will play up until the 7th item to get the indestructible units, but drop it after that. I can't afford to be checking into the game 14 - 18 times a day for such a low chance to get the main prize.

I am telling you, Funzio really messed this one up. There are way to many people at 9 documents who cannot get ten for it not to be rigged. The only way to recover is if we all get ten on the last open of the event...

JohnnyR
03-31-2012, 10:13 PM
I am telling you, Funzio really messed this one up. There are way to many people at 9 documents who cannot get ten for it not to be rigged. The only way to recover is if we all get ten on the last open of the event...

They've got their money....why would they "need" to do anything....?

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Funzio would lose ALL credibility if they suddenly dished out the 10th doc to the 'deserving'; besides, it's a matter or programing now, so in all likelihood an impossibility. They are more likely to make adjustments to future such events.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 10:20 PM

I never said the word "need". What are you talking about buddy.

Copenhagen
03-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Totally agree. I too have dropped over 2K in gold, and more importantly opened roughly 250 cases. On an 8 day event that's more opens that hours (192) available to a free player. The promo suggest that spending gold improves odds which it clearly does not. Without providing tHe odds each day, one relies on the advertising and information gathered from success in the early days. I never would have dropped 2K in gold, leveled up 5 times and picked up 17 allies I can't get rid of if I knew my odds went from 8 files in 3 days and 45 cases to 1 file in 3 days and opening 170 cases. That is changing the game mid stream and screwing those that are funding them game for free players to have a game to enjoy.

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Act One Scene 2
Thunder Child refuses to come on stage, needing to go shopping with his wife.
(audience? Unmoved)

Thunder Child
03-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Totally agree. I too have dropped over 2K in gold, and more importantly opened roughly 250 cases. On an 8 day event that's more opens that hours (192) available to a free player. The promo suggest that spending gold improves odds which it clearly does not. Without providing tHe odds each day, one relies on the advertising and information gathered from success in the early days. I never would have dropped 2K in gold, leveled up 5 times and picked up 17 allies I can't get rid of if I knew my odds went from 8 files in 3 days and 45 cases to 1 file in 3 days and opening 170 cases. That is changing the game mid stream and screwing those that are funding them game for free players to have a game to enjoy.
Absolutely no suggestion that gold improves the odds of getting a document. All gold guarantees is that the cases will open. Seems that even if the odds were stated for all to see - and again I think they should be - people don't seem to take the time to read and understand the mechanics of the event!

Copenhagen
03-31-2012, 10:31 PM

So that the $$ players continue to spend! You don't bite the hand that feeds.

Also, replying to your earlier post. Yes, the odds should not change for gold play, but like in Vegas are regulated not to change each day and are clearly posted.

JMC
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
I doubt they rigged the event to make the 10th impossible. So many free players got it this time just on the forum if any of you noticed. I do think there was a bug though, one that they didn't entirely fix. 4 days without even a case open means something is wrong.

If i just didn't make it to 10 because of luck then that'd be something i expect. But i basically got nothing for about half the event, there's no way the open rate for the medium chance was consistent for all that time. For most of the event i had like a 1% chance to even open the case. Then on the last day it's about 40-50% as it should be.

Shouldn't just give away the last docs, but if there was a bug causing this, the event should be extended for 3-4 days. I know lots of you didn't experience this, but the game is really inconsistent between different players for some reason.

JohnnyR
03-31-2012, 10:34 PM
I never said the word "need". What are you talking about buddy.

Remove the quotation marks if it suits you, message remains essentially the same. You seem to be imlying that something needs to be recovered, what is it and who needs it?

PorkChopExpress
03-31-2012, 10:35 PM
It IS a bit suspicious, and probably why some feel like it's rigged, that a lot of us (me included) got 6-8 docs within the first day/day & a half (which promotes excitement in the event). That ratio was unsustainable and the (most likely) reason why Funzio changed the ratio on days 2/3-7... (which promoted a great deal of frustration & anger). A lesson learned, and maybe something that could be done in future events would be to mix the two... have people that get a lot of boxes in the beginning with it trailing off in the middle/end & have props who get documents incrementally... mixing it up will keep everyone's experience unique & keep them off-balance.

In either case it'll be difficult to get the final prize (gold or no gold).

War Priest
03-31-2012, 10:35 PM
So that the $$ players continue to spend! You don't bite the hand that feeds.

Also, replying to your earlier post. Yes, the odds should not change for gold play, but like in Vegas are regulated not to change each day and are clearly posted.

Exactly! I have given Funzio over $3000. Is it really worth losing me and the future money I will provide to you over an imaginary helicopter...? Think about it! :)

War Priest
03-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Just thought of something for those of you who said it isn't rigged. Why are so many people getting "sorry's" when we do use gold. Weather it is rigged or a bug, it is not letting us reach ten.

PorkChopExpress
03-31-2012, 10:48 PM
The way that I look @ the event is that I've gotten 2k stronger in attack & defense, been able to grow my base faster (via the 5-6x I won 1.25M), have countless Heli Tigers, and didn't pick up ONE ally... I consider this a pretty good event... in fact, I would've rather gotten a government patrol dude or another typhoon tiger than the 9th doc I got 4 hours ago... ESP knowing Im not getting the 10th doc...

Copenhagen
03-31-2012, 10:50 PM
LOL. Just got#10. Unofficial tally: 2,315 gold in the last 2.75 days and 160 opens to get the final file. Up until then had spent 0 gold and appx 75 opens. Clearly not rigged and the odds are even.

Although I got it, totally disinfranchised with the entire promo. I won't chase these promos again without odds posted and done spending dough on this game.....for now.

Blackstone
03-31-2012, 10:53 PM
I was pretty close to buying more gold for the last hour, but after reading this thread chose not to. Odds do need to be posted if real money is being spent.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 10:56 PM
I was pretty close to buying more gold for the last hour, but after reading this thread chose not to. Odds do need to be posted if real money is being spent.

Damn right. It isn't about luck for me. I can spend the rest of the 11,000 gold I have and I would put my life on it that I won't get the last doc.

JohnnyR
03-31-2012, 10:56 PM
LOL. Just got#10. Unofficial tally: 2,315 gold in the last 2.75 days and 160 opens to get the final file. Up until then had spent 0 gold and appx 75 opens. Clearly not rigged and the odds are even.

Although I got it, totally disinfranchised with the entire promo. I won't chase these promos again without odds posted and done spending dough on this game.....for now.

Odds posted would be a start. However, imagine the wailing from people looking at the odds and seeing their own lack of success. I'd imagine WP would be even more furious at the sight of the odds....and still not getting the docs. One in ten odds does not guarantee ten tries is gonna be successful, but how many would look at them odds and then their own numbers and send tickets? Bet a lot...

War Priest
03-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Odds posted would be a start. However, imagine the wailing from people looking at the odds and seeing their own lack of success. I'd imagine WP would be even more furious at the sight of the odds....and still not getting the docs. One in ten odds does not guarantee ten tries is gonna be successful, but how many would look at them odds and then their own numbers and send tickets? Bet a lot...

The damn odds are 0 out of 100 gold opens.

Copenhagen
03-31-2012, 11:10 PM
The damn odds are 0 out of 100 gold opens.

Pretty much, 1 gold, 4 $$ and 5 free open, split evenly on opens. The logarithm must be written around gold players being gamblers.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Look at this s**t:

WORKING ENVIRONMENT PERKS:

-SOMA location, walking distance from Montgomery BART
-Macbook Pros, 27'' Monitors-Free Health, Dental and Vision
-Snacked-filled kitchen and Jamba-Juice breaks
-Nightly catered dinners
-Weekly Massages

Copenhagen
03-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Damn right. It isn't about luck for me. I can spend the rest of the 11,000 gold I have and I would put my life on it that I won't get the last doc.

Do it...I would.

War Priest
03-31-2012, 11:14 PM
Do it...I would.

Haha that is a big fat NO!

MaverickMunkey
03-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Do you think tht the odds are set on number of boxes opened or on the number of Whirling Thunders availabe across all players so that only x% of players can have one? Other wise, if lots of people went mad a bought a shed load of gold (apart from being good for Funzio's coffers!), then everyone would have one and the advantage would be lessened?

War Priest
03-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Look at this s**t:

WORKING ENVIRONMENT PERKS:

-SOMA location, walking distance from Montgomery BART
-Macbook Pros, 27'' Monitors-Free Health, Dental and Vision
-Snacked-filled kitchen and Jamba-Juice breaks
-Nightly catered dinners
-Weekly Massages

What kind of job offers free weekly massages? Never heard of that before.

Damn no wonder Funzio seems to busy for us. There all in the snacked-filled kitchen and taking jamba-juice breaks.

Your welcome Funzio for me paying for you to have LASIK surgery and eat those oreo cookies on the job. =)

MaverickMunkey
03-31-2012, 11:21 PM
What kind of job offers freek weekly massages? Never heard of that before.

Damn no wonder Funzio seems to busy for us. There all in the snacked-filled kitchen and taking jamba-juice breaks.

Your welcome Funzio for me paying for you to have LASIK surgery and eat those oreo cookies on the job. =)

Let's just hope the massages don't have happy endings!!!

Tenspot
03-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Just got doc 10 with 40 mins left, used gold on timer and open. Maybe Funzio is listening to all the complaints, if so "thank you" (mumbled through pursed lips).

Luke7676
03-31-2012, 11:28 PM
Wonder if there hiring? Hahahaha

Well I'm done with this event 6 sorry's in a row to end it. But I'm not gonna complain I got 3 indestructible units for free out of it. :) 3rd times a charm

War Priest
03-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Wonder if there hiring? Hahahaha

Yeah, that is where I got that info.

Warfiend
03-31-2012, 11:29 PM
Let's just hope the massages don't have happy endings!!!

If they do, it's time to update my resume.

MaverickMunkey
03-31-2012, 11:31 PM
If they do, it's time to update my resume.

I'm just finishing my covering letter and advising that I like Nightly catered dinners!

hound
03-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Just did the last push for luck... Found 5 cases- No 10th doc :-( arghhh. Oh, we'll it was fun! Big Mahalo's for "All" that contributed to this events threads. It was entertaining... I recall seeing a comment in a thread about spending money on prostitutes vs spending money on this iSO game- hmmm. What are the odds on convincing a wife for a threesome? Anyone have any stats on that???

Woof, Woof,

Thunder Child
04-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Just did the last push for luck... Found 5 cases- No 10th doc :-( arghhh. Oh, we'll it was fun! Big Mahalo's for "All" that contributed to this events threads. It was entertaining... I recall seeing a comment in a thread about spending money on prostitutes vs spending money on this iSO game- hmmm. What are the odds on convincing a wife for a threesome? Anyone have any stats on that???

Woof, Woof,
Mine came to me with the idea a few years ago, so if I were a betting man I'd bet my house on it.....
End of thread?

Tenspot
04-01-2012, 12:04 AM
maybe not? clock expired and it's still going, says event ends "soon" now... hmmmm...

War Priest
04-01-2012, 12:06 AM
maybe not? clock expired and it's still going, says event ends "soon" now... hmmmm...

It'll work until you close the app.

SingaporeWarroir
04-01-2012, 01:13 AM
I opened my ten docs with 5 days and 21hours to spare. That was on my IPhone. Had another game on the IPad and I reached nine docs with 3 days to spare. Tried but could not get the last doc. I think it is all probability and I am a free player. I was sorely tempted to use gold for the last day but did not. Told myself to wait for the next event and anyway I did get the Silent Drifter for my IPhone plus 3 indestructible units. I really sympathize with those of you who used gold but did not get the last docs.

Agent Orange
04-01-2012, 01:47 AM
Some people have gotten there tenth doc today I want 10 don't get me wrong but it's not rigged they designed it to get increasingly harder to get a doc every day and after each document it's gets harder but i still have not lost hope it's okay there are more events coming you can't win everything because you have gold your not special you just gained an advantage but people still beat you without that advantage

This is the most important point, that like last time it got increasingly harder until the end out of the four of us I was the only one to get all 10 while my brothers and LLP ended at 8. I did have a specific strategy this time out, Instead of being laid back on day one I came out of the gate collecting and trying to open boxes within minutes of the game starting because I wondered if like last time it was going to be nearly impossible to get the 10th.

But that does tend to possibly underline a flaw in this event's mechanics and that is that like the dangling carrot, that goal like this one may not be attainable at least once past a certain point and that is unfortunate since that left some players feeling that there was a problem with the event.

Also like last time if you don't quit out of the app or it doesn't crash on you you will still have the icon to open cases, but I don't know if that will mean anyone will get their tenth, I never got my tenth and my LLP last time went nearly 18 hours past the deadline opening boxes and never saw a titanium bar. I am extremely curious as to whether anyone finds one after the end as that may indicate that this part of the game is controlled by the devs and not by random chance......

Thunder Child
04-01-2012, 01:58 AM
.... which really would put the cat among the pigeons!

Sia
04-01-2012, 02:17 AM
I got the 10 th document on day 3 using gold. From last event I noticed you need to open more than 120 cases to get the document and that means 120 hours if you leave it to time which is 5 days so I went for calculated 250 dollar worth of gold from beginng and the 10th doc came exactly after I opend my 120th briefcase! The first 6 docs where obtained opening with cash atearly stages. I used some gold to buy stamina and energy. It was very straight forward and as expected.Also I was worried of the attacks at level 130 and that I loose briefcases. I gathered the 120 briefcases loosing almost 15 million worth of units in 2 days.

I think it is logical to say, the algorithm is the probability to get the last document becomes lower and lower as people obtain more documents or the days passes. If it is so I don't blame it. This makes people to put more effort at beginning of the event and go for gold right from beginning as I did but also doesn't rule out the possibility to get one for free players.

I suggest next time budget it from beginning and spent the 250$ worth of gold if you are going to spend it anyway at the end in a hurry.

Next time I budget at 200$ and try to control it up to 4 days and open more in cash up to 7th document which is almost 30 docs. Only if attacks and raids allow me.

Agent Orange
04-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Hmmm Sia, that is a very plausible explanation, that it's geared to the number of opens. I got 8 docs on the first day out of 10 or 11 opens. I did use 4 gold to open 4 cases btw on that day as I was given gold due to a problem I had with my account how I also got the composite factory. Also went to tapjoy and loaded up on free gold... Wish I had tracked the number of cases I opened.

Anyhow on day 2 I got my 9th But it took several days to get the 10th. I also used gold to open that one but I highly doubt that gold was the factor, what I thought was, was that this one kept telling me to try again and up to that point I was opening boxes every other try with cash and that was another oddity, my open ratio to my brothers was about 2 to 1 and I was also spending double the cash to open being at L126 at that time, now at L131.

Acheron
04-01-2012, 02:45 AM
So basically then the Shadow stalker costs around 4000 gold ($250 worth), since you can get the other 3 indestructable units for free with a bit of effort.

If you rush buy stuff it costs 1 gold per 15 minutes. So instead of getting the shadow stalker you could rush buy 1000 hours of upgrades, or 41 days worth.

The shadow stalker gives you a 20% boost, so you will get a return on investment in about 205 days, if you are constantly upgrading the whole time. Except you do get all your upgrades sooner if you rush buy.

So if you knew it would cost that much, why did you buy it?

mickymacirl
04-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Out of interest I spent 300 gold opening 10 briefs (I had 210) resetting the timer...

Heres the drop:

100K cash + 500k cash +7 allies and a Iron Wing....

Shawn iPRO
04-01-2012, 03:16 AM
I am totally agree with you

Sia
04-01-2012, 03:23 AM
Nobody on the forum or not very many people got a doc on this day so it maybe true

So basically then the Shadow stalker costs around 4000 gold ($250 worth), since you can get the other 3 indestructable units for free with a bit of effort.

If you rush buy stuff it costs 1 gold per 15 minutes. So instead of getting the shadow stalker you could rush buy 1000 hours of upgrades, or 41 days worth.

The shadow stalker gives you a 20% boost, so you will get a return on investment in about 205 days, if you are constantly upgrading the whole time. Except you do get all your upgrades sooner if you rush buy.

So if you knew it would cost that much, why did you buy it?

1- the point is if someone wants to participate in the event and have it for sure and is going to spend gold at the end he better spend it upfront. Also this way he doesn't loose hours waiting. I only could come back to open 4 per day on later days? 250$ is 3650 gold without the discount.
2a- On why! Well the answer is first it is not guaranteed you get it or free!
2b- you consider you want the units and the 20% both
2c- it makes a difference if it finishes 1 day earlier in 5 days upgrade.
3- what I understood the whole event gave equivalent of 150$ worth of cash and units and valor and the rest was the participating cost for he limited edition units so if the cost is reduced to 150$ you don't loose much.
4- these are unique events and there are no equivalent. You have to delete the worth of investment before calculating the return. Therefore, considering the remaining cost is $125 I get the $125~= 1920 gold ~= 400 hours = 17 days or return in ~ 80 days but considering you can have an upgrade and a build at same time this becomes half to 40 days.
5- don't forget the most logical thing is not to play the game at all as all is cost in a virtual world anyway.

Thunder Child
04-01-2012, 03:30 AM
1- the point is if someone wants to participate in the event and have it for sure and is going to spend gold at the end he better spend it upfront. Also this way he doesn't loose hours waiting. I only could come back to open 4 per day on later days
2c- 3600 gold with every hour approximately 5 gold is 720 hours or 30 days not 206 days ( I just looked at 20 hours remaining costing 100 gold for my infirmary at level 4 upgrade) although the ratio is higher right at beging of the upgrade and it changes when building or upgrading and that I upgrade all the time. Also it makes a difference if you finish 1 day earlier on a 5 day upgrade.
3- what I understood the whole event gave equivalent of 150$ worth of cash and units and valor and the rest was the participating cost for he limited edition units so if the cost is reduced to 150$ you don't loose much.
4- don't forget the most logical thing is not to play the game at all as all is cost in a virtual world anyway.
Sia, I think your 4th point is the most important one, since far from enjoying this game it seems to have become a source of frustration and annoyance for some.

Sia
04-01-2012, 03:46 AM
Nobody on the forum or not very many people got a doc on this day so it maybe true

Sia, I think your 4th point is the most important one, since far from enjoying this game it seems to have become a source of frustration and annoyance for some.

Indeed, specially that gold armies and lack of strategy in the game is killing it. It has become only a cash cow for Funzio.
I corrected the previous post. The 2c was not correct. Read point 3 which reduces the return to 40 days in my opinion although return of investment was the last in my mind when participating in the event :) mirrecle of online gaming!

Sia
04-01-2012, 03:48 AM

1- the point is if someone wants to participate in the event and have it for sure and is going to spend gold at the end he better spend it upfront. Also this way he doesn't loose hours waiting. I only could come back to open 4 per day on later days? 250$ is 3650 gold without the discount.
2c- it makes a difference if it finishes 1 day earlier in 5 days upgrade.
4- these are unique events and there are no equivalent. You have to delete the worth of investment before calculating the return. Therefore, considering the remaining cost is $125 I get the $125~= 1920 gold ~= 400 hours = 17 days or return in ~ 80 days but considering you can have an upgrade and a build at same time this becomes half to 40 days.
5- don't forget the most logical thing is not to play the game at all as all is cost in a virtual world anyway.

Point 2c corrected from earlier post. Point 4 calculates the time of return of investment. Although it is actually infinity as it went from my salary :)

Hellstorm
04-01-2012, 04:39 AM
War priest... **** I feel your frustration. Id be so mad I can't even tell ya. I'd probably visit their head quarters and break some windows. That's a lot of gold spent... Even if you would've gotten the last unit it wouldn't have been worth it for 3000 gold
. That's crazy... But I bet there is others like you out there not participating in this forum... Lots of unheard voices.
There is no reason for people to talk about this just being a free game and it only costs you when you decide to pay out of free will. I can imagine how mad I would be...
The problem here is that the odds are unrevealed and nobody knows what's really going on. Some people got the unit so easy. When I received it there were still 3 days left... And I didn't pay anything. On the other hand you have somebody that could buy a little used car for the money spent in that event and gets nothing. It's not fair...
But what can you do... Unless you won the record lottery you have to stay disciplined. Man easier said than done... Damnit... The only real winners in this game are and will remain the free players.

Mcdoc
04-01-2012, 06:16 AM

Wow! I read through all 112 post - a lot of frustration here. They really managed to take the Fun out of Funzio and replace it with "Frustrationzio"

I decided at the beginning of this event to not use gold for opens as I felt burned from the last event with all the Bullspit loot like Valor or an extra Ally for a gold option when that shzit it already free I'm the game. I got all the way up to 7 late Wednesday night and had pretty much accepted that the 3 indestructible items was all I was going to strive for since the last grand prize of 20% fewer casualties didn't seem to live up to the big promise. I had over 80 cases still so I thought I'd keep trying just for free money and maybe get a few mediocre units. I got my 8th doc late Friday night - but still had no ambition or hope for 10.

This morning (Sat - last day) I thought / what the heck - since they put on he 20% sale - maybe I'll spend $17 for 250 gold and try. So out of all that - not one doc. Instead i got the same bullspit prizes like Valor and an extra allie - which again - that shzit is already FREE in the game. That's when I came to the forums and was bitter about it and posted in several threads about not wasting your money on Gold. Then to add insult to injury - I saw the names picked for the LE contest and just knew that these couldn't possibly be the best 3 - and posted some more bitter remarks. I even had to edit my comments since calling something lower case "gay" is not PC enough as an adjective for something that is the opposite of "manly".

I play This game on an I-pad with only a wifi connection and knew I was going to be without internet after 6pm tonight so I decided to make a final push with the free wifi at Hooters from 5 to 6 before heading to the Casino to celebrate a friend's birthday. I dropped the $39 for 650 gold figuring I'd buy some crates if my luck was still running low. Got my 9th doc on the 1st gold open - then no docs for like 20. Got a few crates to feel good about the gold - got 1.25 million a couple of times - then finally my 10th document! I must say though - minus the 20% faster upgrades (IF that pans out) - I was happier with the rare items from the couple of triple crates I opened which are guaranteed "indestructible" units as loot.

So while I am still frustrated about how it all went down - I can only share my final results to say it IS crappy what happened to some (WP) but I can't say it was 100% rigged to fail. And trust me, I hate to be the guy disagreeing with my pal WP.

I plan to start a new thread sometime later today (after I sleep) to specifically address issues with the event and offer some real solutions to keep customers happy. I hope Funzio is ready to respond to customers with the goal of keeping us around for a long time.

Poopenshire
04-01-2012, 06:18 AM
War priest... **** I feel your frustration. Id be so mad I can't even tell ya. I'd probably visit their head quarters and break some windows. That's a lot of gold spent... Even if you would've gotten the last unit it wouldn't have been worth it for 3000 gold
. That's crazy... But I bet there is others like you out there not participating in this forum... Lots of unheard voices.
There is no reason for people to talk about this just being a free game and it only costs you when you decide to pay out of free will. I can imagine how mad I would be...
The problem here is that the odds are unrevealed and nobody knows what's really going on. Some people got the unit so easy. When I received it there were still 3 days left... And I didn't pay anything. On the other hand you have somebody that could buy a little used car for the money spent in that event and gets nothing. It's not fair...
But what can you do... Unless you won the record lottery you have to stay disciplined. Man easier said than done... Damnit... The only real winners in this game are and will remain the free players.

The only true winners are the Devs and owners of the company that are profiting from this.

peezyfbaby
04-01-2012, 07:36 AM
Done with these events:

-Gold sale conveniently hours before the event ends.
-9th document 3 days into event.
-odds lower as event goes on. (that's not even true in gambling)
-funzio's business model worked in the short term but failed longterm because they are losing their cashcow.
-next step- making people pay to play.

Stephan
04-01-2012, 08:00 AM
I would like to know if anyone actually got the shadow stalker helicopter. I sure as hell didnt. I spent at least 1500 gold and only got nine out of ten documents. The supply crate event I got screwed as well. After getting the first eight titanium bars in the first few days and the rewards that came with them, they decided to change the awards and make them better. So while everyone else got the improved awards for gaining 7 bars, I was stuck with the crapier original ones.

JackoV
04-01-2012, 08:31 AM
Done with these events:

-Gold sale conveniently hours before the event ends.
-9th document 3 days into event.
-odds lower as event goes on. (that's not even true in gambling)
-funzio's business model worked in the short term but failed longterm because they are losing their cashcow.
-next step- making people pay to play.

This is exactly what I think too:

Sia
04-01-2012, 08:50 AM
This is exactly what I think too:

100% agree, they fail to realize the money is in the masses not few very rich.

Mcdoc
04-01-2012, 10:20 AM
I would like to know if anyone actually got the shadow stalker helicopter. I sure as hell didnt. I spent at least 1500 gold and only got nine out of ten documents. The supply crate event I got screwed as well. After getting the first eight titanium bars in the first few days and the rewards that came with them, they decided to change the awards and make them better. So while everyone else got the improved awards for gaining 7 bars, I was stuck with the crapier original ones.

They didn't change the items - you just leveled up to the next prize tier during the event. I crossed over to level 80 during the titanium event and the name of the top prize ambulance even changed.

Not sure what the other thresholds were.

Bronco928
04-01-2012, 11:53 AM
I completely agree with thunder child war priest instead you should buy crates and hope for a Tarawa drop ship (really want it)

Apparently the Tarawa is about as difficult to get as the mobile ICBM Launcher was in the metal crates. I scored 1 Tarawa, but I really want another and I'm about sick of that Sub EXplorer thing!!!

Aidan
04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I thought thunderchild n bigflan hit bulls eye with these posts.

While there's no doubt that Funzio have set up an event which will tempt players to part with their money - and why shouldn't they; it's a business for them - you are overlooking the nature of chance and probability. It's quite possible in terms of probability for 9 docs to fall in the first day or two and then for nothing else to fall at all. When this happens, of course we get upset, but nobody has purposefully duped us. This is not a skill event. It is a game of chance with some strategic elements, namely which of the three opening options you will use, and if and when to indulge in the gold option. And I choose the word 'indulge' - if you can afford such a luxury, then you are in a privileged position from which you shouldn't really be complaining when the odds turn against you.

A lot of angry people here. U hv evry right to be angry aftr spending big money n didnt manage to get 10 docs. But not at funzio.. U shud be angry at urself fr spending tht much on a CHANCE event. I too bought gold coz of the sales (i'm stucked at 8). I tried 6 open n then stop coz i knew alrdy tht it's not rlly worth it. The last 3 has ALWAYS been the hardest to get. N i didnt manage to get the last 2 btw.

-Bottom line is it's a CHANCE event. U may or u may not get all 10 docs.
-Ur effort by opening a case every hour for a week will increase ur probability to get docs but again it's not guaranteed.it's like a lottery, if u buy ticket regularly u hv a higher chance to win it compared to people who buy occasionally or dont buy at all. But it's not guaranteed. A person cn bought his first ever ticket n won it. Tht's why it call lottery n not a sure win prize competition. It's luck
-Gold does not guarantee u to get docs. Gold only guarantee to open the case.
-It's like a LOTTERY. Yes, of coz u cn get angry if u spend a lot to buy ticket but didnt hit the jackpot. But dont go calling the lottery company a scam juz coz u spend a lot n didnt win it. It's PURE LUCK. U only hv urself to blame.
-Nobody forces u to buy gold n use it on the event. Not funzio, nt ur finger n not even God himself. U may hv been persuaded to buy gold by the 11th hour sale like me but tht's it, u did it at ur own freewil.
-Saying funzio will fall because of lots of people in this forum r upset n quitting iis a lil bit misinformed. On the first week launch alone, MW has been dl 1.5 million times. Hw mny people r in this forum? 2000? 5000? They hv just launched CC on android n most likely MW will follow suit. N tht will bring in more customers. They even managed to get a new 20 million funding in their first round funding.

Next time if i do buy gold, i will only spend it on gold unit or building coz it's a SURE THING. Spending gold on a chance is purely gamble. Whether it's a calculated gamble or nt it is still a GAMBLE where U do not hv a say on the final outcome.

Edit: oh n i would like to thnk stricker fr teaching me how to multiple quotes. Where is he btw? Havent seen or rather heard frm him lately

bigflan
04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Apparently the Tarawa is about as difficult to get as the mobile ICBM Launcher was in the metal crates. I scored 1 Tarawa, but I really want another and I'm about sick of that Sub EXplorer thing!!!
I only bought 3 crates got 1 sea knight 1 sub explorer 1 high altitude scout

JohnnyR
04-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Aidan's post=end of thread.

Good post man.

Aidan
04-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Aidan's post=end of thread.

Good post man.

Tecnically it's urs. Oh wait.. Now it's me. Damit

bigflan
04-01-2012, 12:17 PM
War priest is not happy with the event but I got 9 docs without gold sooooooo close

Poopenshire
04-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Not to fan any flames from the dying embers, but I never spent a cent on gold and missed the first event by one bar. This event I got all 10 with 12 hours to spare. It is so completely up to chance. I finally broke down and bought gold after the event, part of the current sale to buy money buildings. I am always going to play these events, free though, and use the discount gold tied to it to build up my base and units. The remainder of the event I just hope I can complete it.

uniya81
04-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I spent 850 gold for last 10th documents, and cannot get it.
It's over US$70 !! I wonder is there a really chance for get 10th doc
And how much is the possiblity was!

I'm really consider stop play this game.
Funzio must clear this matter.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 01:07 AM
It's a very strange world indeed when the privileged - people who have the resources to spend a small fortune on what is a mere game - part with their money and then EXPECT ("deserve") to be rewarded for what they deem to be hard work!

JohnnyR
04-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Thinking you're a Vulcan, TC. Far too logical here, lol.

Luke7676
04-02-2012, 01:23 AM
I had a bad feeling that this event would piss more ppl off because knowing the results last event I'm sure they figured let a lot of ppl get up to 8-9 docs easily then set the hook and knowing so many ppl would be hooked at that point they make the 10th doc 10 times harder to get then Last event. It was said last time don't be fooled by the next event.. Because they were gonna screw a lot of ppl over.. And sounds like they did... I mean come on for someone to spend over 3kg on tring to get the 10 doc is redictulus with no avail.. All who spent over 1000 gold tring to get that last doc deserves to get that unit.. Funzio should take care of those who take care of them... Which = their paycheck.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Thinking you're a Vulcan, TC. Far too logical here, lol.
See my signature!

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 02:25 AM
I had a bad feeling that this event would piss more ppl off because knowing the results last event I'm sure they figured let a lot of ppl get up to 8-9 docs easily then set the hook and knowing so many ppl would be hooked at that point they make the 10th doc 10 times harder to get then Last event. It was said last time don't be fooled by the next event.. Because they were gonna screw a lot of ppl over.. And sounds like they did... I mean come on for someone to spend over 3kg on tring to get the 10 doc is redictulus with no avail.. All who spent over 1000 gold tring to get that last doc deserves to get that unit.. Funzio should take care of those who take care of them... Which = their paycheck.
While I absolutely agree with your sentiment, and would love to see the big spenders achieve their goals AS MUCH AS THE NEXT PERSON, I cannot agree that there is any 'deserve' involved. Those who invest heavily take their chances like the rest of us, and many do very well on the role of their particular 24K dice. Others are unlucky, and yet may enjoy great luck on the next throw. They, at least, have the resources - should they wish - to give it another shot.

Bronson
04-02-2012, 03:03 AM
Just read through all the posts and yes I did pop the corn open and enjoyed it thoroughly lol

I'm not gonna get involved in it as I didn't spend any gold on the event and now I never will, But if I was one of the ones who dropped a G of gold and still didn't get it I would be pi$$ed.

Aidan
04-02-2012, 04:04 AM
Kubler-Ross cycle stated tht:

SHOCK STAGE: Initial paralysis at hearing the bad news. (spent 500 gold n still didnt get doc)
DENIAL STAGE: Trying to avoid the inevitable (spent more golds)
ANGER STAGE: Frustrated outpouring of bottled-up emotion (more rage gold buying)
BARGAINING STAGE: Seeking in vain for a way out (throw all gold he has thnking it may n shud work)
DEPRESSION STAGE: Final realization of the inevitable (out of gold n end of event)
TESTING STAGE: Seeking realistic solutions (wrote an email to funzio)
ACCEPTANCE STAGE: Finally finding the way forward (now knows tht he gamble n lost)

Make no mistake, come next event he will gamble again n it may pays off or if nt the cycle above will repeat itself again.

Luckily or rather foolishly i spent 90 of my golds fr opening. When all i got were loot units i stopped n spent the rest on composite n crates. In hindsight i shu'd ve spent it on more crates. Lesson learned

Edit: i do think there was a bug going on in the last 2 or 3 days of the event tht seems to hinder plyrs frm getting docs.

Warfiend
04-02-2012, 08:41 AM
I cannot agree that there is any 'deserve' involved.

Because there isn't. When you take a chance to win, you also take a chance to lose. If the chance to lose wasn't there, winning wouldn't be as sweet. Contests would be nothing more than consumer transactions if there was no chance of losing. They'd be as exciting as going to the store and buying stuff.

Whether you're rich or poor or somewhere in between, you win some, you lose some. That's life. *cue Sinatra*

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Because there isn't. When you take a chance to win, you also take a chance to lose. If the chance to lose wasn't there, winning wouldn't be as sweet. Contests would be nothing more than consumer transactions if there was no chance of losing. They'd be as exciting as going to the store and buying stuff.

Whether you're rich or poor or somewhere in between, you win some, you lose some. That's life. *cue Sinatra*
That's a seriously cool avatar!

Luke7676
04-02-2012, 11:01 AM
While I absolutely agree with your sentiment, and would love to see the big spenders achieve their goals AS MUCH AS THE NEXT PERSON, I cannot agree that there is any 'deserve' involved. Those who invest heavily take their chances like the rest of us, and many do very well on the role of their particular 24K dice. Others are unlucky, and yet may enjoy great luck on the next throw. They, at least, have the resources - should they wish - to give it another shot.

Yeah I do understand what you are saying but I think to drop anywhere over 100 bucks on a game and not be rewarded in any way is pathetic lol. But... For ppl to spend so much is also a big gamble knowing that they may not suceed.. I just feel for ppl that spent that much and were lured in like that to not get that unit. I can see a few hundred gold spent and not winning but like I said spending a lot and get nothing in return is crazy. But in the end it is the players fault for spending so much and taking the risk.. I just feel for some. Just glad I didn't drop cash on this event :)

War Priest
04-02-2012, 11:09 AM

You wouldn't happen to be talking about me would you? =P

I sent Funzio a ticket and we are talking about it.

Luke7676
04-02-2012, 11:14 AM
You wouldn't happen to be talking about me would you? =P

I sent Funzio a ticket and we are talking about it.

Yeah man you are one if them. :) like I said the ppl that spent that much deserve that unit.. You paid for their paycheck after all... It just blows my mind that ppl spent that much and didn't get it. I think things aren't gonna go so well next event accept for the few that did get the unit "the lucky ones" lol
I'm not upset I didn't get it but I am upset that ppl spent that much and did not..

War Priest
04-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah, there are so many posts and threads sharing these angry feelings. And I imagine that Funzio is getting a bunch of tickets about it. I am pretty sure they will change "something" before the next event.

dumbdude
04-02-2012, 11:32 AM
agree with OP on this I play for fun on spare time on wifes ipod and this 2nd event was a sham (not shame) i had 8 cases i figured what the hey i put in $7.99 (due to special) and get nothing but 100k in money and some trucks, so i put in another $7.99 and still get no documents just money and useless crap.

Anyways im not putting in any more real $$$ at all whatsoever unless I were to either A) get reimbursed and funzio can take away the useless crap they gave me, or B) actually get the last 2 documents so i can get the silent striker helicopter or whatever it was called.

PS i am a gamer on ps3 so I have no problem spending real cash I buy a lot of dlc stuff for ps3 I know they gotta earn money somehow and I fully support spending money to buy gold but will not be doing so anymore since I got screwed just letting you know funzio

Now I know compared to many of you the $15 is nothing but again i only play once in a while whenver i absolutely have nothing else to do!

Colonelbob
04-02-2012, 01:31 PM
A few points . . .I am a little surprised that Funzio is removing posts/threads on this topic. I have had a number of posts disappear into ether, which while not overly critical of Funzio, certainly voiced my displeasure.

It should be obvious to all that there are many people upset with how this latest event went. Yes, some people did get the final reward, but many did not. We didnt know the odds and most took a chance. Maybe there were only 10 choppers to win, maybe there were thousands. The point is we don't know. We gambled, and those that spent cash, some a little, some a lot.

Yes, this is a business for Funzio, but we are the customers. If we don't like it, we can leave and find another game, there are plenty available. That being said, I dont think there is anything wrong with letting the powers that be know how we feel after such an event.As someone who tracks everhing very carefully in this game, it was very clear that the odds of getting a document changed as the contest progressed. That along with a carefully planned "sale" encouraged a lot of people to spend real money, and perhaps spend more than they had initially planned (I speak at least for myself).

I am disappointed that I didn't get the chopper, I am mad at myself for spending so much cash and gold, and really I guess Funzio has taught me a valuable lesson. Dont spent gold these contests. That may not be what they want me to learn, but that's where I have ended up. If I had been alone in not getting the doc with gold I could chalk it up to luck, but when you look at all of us who spent lots on gold and got nothing for it. . . .well that says something.

Going to try going back to being a free player again. See you on the battlefield.

dledour
04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Man I am done with this event. I will give it money shots the next 3 hours but that is it. Next event, I am done putting gold into these type of events. I seriously want Funzio to reply in this thread and tell us what they think of all this. I understand spending real money to get it. But spending over 3000 gold with a failure still, that is telling you something is rigged.

I agree that something is very wrong for Funzio to screw with people who are providing their income. While you take your chances with a free pass, spending play money should give you a 50% better chance, and using gold, at least a 90% chance of getting that top prize. I spent a lot of real money in these past 2 events winding up with some money, drones and helicopters...... but really... who needs more valor or another ally.

Matt Thornton
04-02-2012, 02:27 PM
I agree that something is very wrong for Funzio to screw with people who are providing their income. While you take your chances with a free pass, spending play money should give you a 50% better chance, and using gold, at least a 90% chance of getting that top prize. I spent a lot of real money in these past 2 events winding up with some money, drones and helicopters...... but really... who needs more valor or another ally.
dledour , you know you can spend that valour, right ??

Hugh Bris
04-02-2012, 02:52 PM
While I do think the chances of winning the copter were staggering, I got it by spending some gold but also taking up SO much time hour by hour and paid way too much attention to the reset times. That's the only way I got it and the upgrade times were worth it.

I don't blame Funzio at all but I would like to see a better percentage on chances in these events. I buy a lot of gold but I would support better chances for the free players. Very much so.

dledour
04-02-2012, 02:58 PM
yes, but at my level 88, it doesn't buy much at all, and it's mostly lost in raids and attacks!

dledour
04-02-2012, 03:00 PM
A few points . . .I am a little surprised that Funzio is removing posts/threads on this topic. I have had a number of posts disappear into ether, which while not overly critical of Funzio, certainly voiced my displeasure.

It should be obvious to all that there are many people upset with how this latest event went. Yes, some people did get the final reward, but many did not. We didnt know the odds and most took a chance. Maybe there were only 10 choppers to win, maybe there were thousands. The point is we don't know. We gambled, and those that spent cash, some a little, some a lot.

Yes, this is a business for Funzio, but we are the customers. If we don't like it, we can leave and find another game, there are plenty available. That being said, I dont think there is anything wrong with letting the powers that be know how we feel after such an event.As someone who tracks everhing very carefully in this game, it was very clear that the odds of getting a document changed as the contest progressed. That along with a carefully planned "sale" encouraged a lot of people to spend real money, and perhaps spend more than they had initially planned (I speak at least for myself).

I am disappointed that I didn't get the chopper, I am mad at myself for spending so much cash and gold, and really I guess Funzio has taught me a valuable lesson. Dont spent gold these contests. That may not be what they want me to learn, but that's where I have ended up. If I had been alone in not getting the doc with gold I could chalk it up to luck, but when you look at all of us who spent lots on gold and got nothing for it. . . .well that says something.

Going to try going back to being a free player again. See you on the battlefield.

I share the EXACT sentiments... no more spending real dollars for this game.

Osy
04-02-2012, 03:12 PM
I had 9 files. Couldn't find the 10 after I opened 46 briefcases. This time I am quite happy to get three units. Next promotion will be the same and I am going to enjoy it by getting just three units. Forget about the fourth unit. In other word, the first three units are a part of game, the last one is business. Enjoy the game side of it.

L Fizzle
04-02-2012, 03:48 PM
I've been reading...and sending IMs and emails to our development team. Please know that I'm listening AND advocating for you.

bigflan
04-02-2012, 03:49 PM
I've been reading...and sending IMs and emails to our development team. Please know that I'm listening AND advocating for you.
Hi it's bigflan please tell them to get rid of the allies I hate them and so does everyone else

War Priest
04-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Good to know. I think I deserve the last reward after spending 3000 gold opening cases and resetting times and still not being able to get the last document.

bigflan
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Good to know. I think I deserve the last reward after spending 3000 gold and still not being able to get the last document.Happy too hopefully can get 10 docs next time the unit in the next event is either an infantry unit or a sea unit

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi it's bigflan please tell them to get rid of the allies I hate them and so does everyone else

Have to admit it was kind of a lame reward as well. I had a feeling though that you got the grunt if the game thought you didn't
have enough allies....

Aidan
04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Have to admit it was kind of a lame reward as well. I had a feeling though that you got the grunt if the game thought you didn't
have enough allies....

This myb true. Last event i was at full ally n i didnt get any grunt. This event however, in the second half, i dropped down to half ally n received 1 grunt.

JMC
04-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Never thought of it like that. Thought it was only a reward for the 10-80 regions and the highest levels never got them.

uniya81
04-02-2012, 05:02 PM
I spend about 850 gold for this event because of i got 9th doc.
I think i can get the last one if i use gold. because the upgrade time is too long,
i can give the gold if i can get the great item.

This is my first time buy the gold, and i think it's the last.
I will never buy the gold anymore, too.

I think it's the best way funzio give back the appropriate reward to gold spend user on this event. Or funzio can give higher possiblity when next event who don't have the last docs even if use gold. The proportion to there gold spent.

Colonelbob
04-02-2012, 05:15 PM
I've been reading...and sending IMs and emails to our development team. Please know that I'm listening AND advocating for you.And we appreciate that you do have some contact with us here in the forums. The reality being, ideally I would think Funzio would want customers who spend over the long term rather than just one time. The last event was really an opportunity to gain paying customers. I know, for my part, if I had gotten the chopper after 250 or 500 or even after 750 gold, you might have kept me as a paying customer. However, when I personally spent over 1000 and others spent significantly more with no success it leaves a bad taste in our mouths.

dledour
04-02-2012, 07:05 PM

Appreciate your concern... but unless Funzio makes us whole for spending this kind of money, I am done putting any more money in their pockets....

JMC
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
IMO it's pretty stupid when all of you guys think that the events are scams just because you spent gold and happened not to get the documents (no offense). The event is all chance, opening boxes with gold increases your chances because you get more opens, but the likelihood of getting a document from each open does not increase. If you didn't notice there were tons of free players or light gold spenders that did achieve 10, much more than during the titanium bar event.

What you guys are saying can be compared to a lottery. Say there is a lottery with 1000 entries and you buy 500 of those entries. That still does not guarantee you the win, since it's all chance. Sure you have a very high chance to win especially compared to others but there is never a guarantee unless you get every single ticket, which you cant. Are lotteries a scam? Not really. You go in knowing that it's all about chance and that you might not win, because you guys spent hundreds of dollars, that is a mix of your bad luck and your own willingness to put forward that much money.

I do think there was a bug for some people opening cases as i probably opened 25 cases total out of 160 tries. All of which happened on certain days. 5 or so opens on first day. 10-12 opens on second day and about 8 opens on the final day. The rest of the days were all completely dry or 1 open tops. However that has nothing to do with the drop rate of the documents themselves or with gold spenders since they have a guaranteed open rate (the only thing you were guaranteed).

In every game i've played the company always messes up somewhere, usually quite a bit, but then there are always tons of ridiculous complaints. And this is one of them.

Pace
04-02-2012, 08:27 PM
IMO it's pretty stupid when all of you guys think that the events are scams just because you spent gold and happened not to get the documents (no offense). The event is all chance, opening boxes with gold increases your chances because you get more opens, but the likelihood of getting a document from each open does not increase. If you didn't notice there were tons of free players or light gold spenders that did achieve 10, much more than during the titanium bar event.

What you guys are saying can be compared to a lottery. Say there is a lottery with 1000 entries and you buy 500 of those entries. That still does not guarantee you the win, since it's all chance. Sure you have a very high chance to win especially compared to others but there is never a guarantee unless you get every single ticket, which you cant. Are lotteries a scam? Not really. You go in knowing that it's all about chance and that you might not win, because you guys spent hundreds of dollars, that is a mix of your bad luck and your own willingness to put forward that much money.

I do think there was a bug for some people opening cases as i probably opened 25 cases total out of 160 tries. All of which happened on certain days. 5 or so opens on first day. 10-12 opens on second day and about 8 opens on the final day. The rest of the days were all completely dry or 1 open tops. However that has nothing to do with the drop rate of the documents themselves or with gold spenders since they have a guaranteed open rate (the only thing you were guaranteed).

In every game i've played the company always messes up somewhere, usually quite a bit, but then there are always tons of ridiculous complaints. And this is one of them.

My complaint is the odds. Tell us what they are. Don't spout nonsense. Below is a quote from the titanium bar one - does it make any sense to you?

Originally Posted by Boomer
Ammo Box Discovery:
Titanium Bars have a chance to drop anytime a Ammo box is successfully opened. This never becomes a 0 or below-0 number.-0 number.

Warfiend
04-02-2012, 08:46 PM

It's been very hard for me to hold my tongue in the face of some of the complaints. Like the ones saying they're going to contact some kind of trade commission authority or something. I have to wonder what the letter would look like:
Dear Sir,

I'd like to complain about a scam I got caught up in. I'm a playing a video game on my iPad that's free to download and play and they ran a special event where you have to try to find these documents in order to win an in-game non-cash prize. The event is free and open to everyone and you don't need to spend any money on it, but they have these features where you can spend money to speed up the time between attempting to open the briefcases the documents might be in or pay to guarantee that you open a briefcase(but not that you find the document in the briefcase).

Well sir, I spent a lot of my money and I didn't get the big prize. Please do something about it.

John. Q. Gamer

Strip away all the emotions and the rationalizations and frustration, and the above is basically what the complaints boil down to.

I realize full well that the next event, which I intend to go at wholeheartedly, I may not win. I may not find even a single briefcase, just like I didn't find one in this last event. I realize I could end up close to 9 or whatever the next final threshold is and not win. I understand this. I understand I could spend a lot of time and not get the prize.

That's the risk I'm willing to take for the chance of tasting a reward that can't simply be bought. That's what makes events like this worth taking part in IMO. Not just that the prize isn't something that anyone can buy, but the thrill of chasing that prize.

If I lose that thrill, and find myself getting too serious, I will take a break from the game and get my head on straight again. Because if I don't, the game will no longer be fun and then it will become a pointless waste of my time and a source of aggravation rather than enjoyment. I see no profit in letting it go there. I didn't start playing this game for prizes, that's just an added bonus that they're offered.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 08:59 PM
It's been very hard for me to hold my tongue in the face of some of the complaints. Like the ones saying they're going to contact some kind of trade commission authority or something. I have to wonder what the letter would look like:
Dear Sir,

I'd like to complain about a scam I got caught up in. I'm a playing a video game on my iPad that's free to download and play and they ran a special event where you have to try to find these documents in order to win an in-game non-cash prize. The event is free and open to everyone and you don't need to spend any money on it, but they have these features where you can spend money to speed up the time between attempting to open the briefcases the documents might be in or pay to guarantee that you open a briefcase(but not that you find the document in the briefcase).

Well sir, I spent a lot of my money and I didn't get the big prize. Please do something about it.

John. Q. Gamer

Strip away all the emotions and the rationalizations and frustration, and the above is basically what the complaints boil down to.

I realize full well that the next event, which I intend to go at wholeheartedly, I may not win. I may not find even a single briefcase, just like I didn't find one in this last event. I realize I could end up close to 9 or whatever the next final threshold is and not win. I understand this. I understand I could spend a lot of time and not get the prize.

That's the risk I'm willing to take for the chance of tasting a reward that can't simply be bought. That's what makes events like this worth taking part in IMO. Not just that the prize isn't something that anyone can buy, but the thrill of chasing that prize.

If I lose that thrill, and find myself getting too serious, I will take a break from the game and get my head on straight again. Because if I don't, the game will no longer be fun and then it will become a pointless waste of my time and a source of aggravation rather than enjoyment. I see no profit in letting it go there. I didn't start playing this game for prizes, that's just an added bonus that they're offered.

Awesome response, and nice to see some humor to express your opinion. Wholeheartedly agree with you. So much has been said since the event, particularly in this thread, and we now know the comments have and are being read, but there is a danger now of losing our credibility (as players and forum members, a small but audible minority) because very little of what is being added is new or different. There is obviously plenty of disagreement and this has had its airing. Can't we just get on and play the game, or add to one of the lighter or more useful posts in this forum?

Warfiend
04-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Alright, consider me out of this topic going forward. Until the next event and its round of complaints anyway... :D

Matt Thornton
04-02-2012, 09:12 PM

if they told us it was a lottery i would not have spent any gold !!!
they unscrupulously scammed us . END OF STORY !!!

War Priest
04-02-2012, 09:21 PM
JMC, you don't quite understand. Even Funzio admitted that sometimes there is lop-sided effects for some indiviudals. I didn't go crazy like some of the guys but I had emailed them and we talked about it and had come to agreements. They are looking into it guys.

JMC
04-02-2012, 09:53 PM
My complaint is the odds. Tell us what they are. Don't spout nonsense. Below is a quote from the titanium bar one - does it make any sense to you?

Originally Posted by Boomer
Ammo Box Discovery:
Titanium Bars have a chance to drop anytime a Ammo box is successfully opened. This never becomes a 0 or below-0 number.-0 number.

This simply means that the drop rate of a titanium bar or a secret doc in this case decreases as you get more. But the drop rate will never reach zero (unless you get all 10) and will never be negative (stealing bars from you).

JMC
04-02-2012, 09:57 PM
JMC, you don't quite understand. Even Funzio admitted that sometimes there is lop-sided effects for some indiviudals. I didn't go crazy like some of the guys but I had emailed them and we talked about it and had come to agreements. They are looking into it so calm down guys.

I understand that you paid money to attempt to get all 10 bars and didn't get it and many of you are upset about that. I also understand that there were potential bugs, but everyone is claiming it was a complete hoax and a scam and that achieving 10 was impossible. Well i guess like 10 people on this forum did the impossible than. If there was a bug, they will fix it. If there was not a bug, it could of all been bad luck. Either way, im not the one that needs to calm down. You guys are the ones who have been posting 30+ pages of this on multiple threads.

Also many people achieved 10, if for some reason you guys had some weird drop rate, it is more likely a bug than the company trying to rip you off, which everyone seems to think.

War Priest
04-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I understand that you paid money to attempt to get all 10 bars and didn't get it and many of you are upset about that. I also understand that there were potential bugs, but everyone is claiming it was a complete hoax and a scam and that achieving 10 was impossible. Well i guess like 10 people on this forum did the impossible than. If there was a bug, they will fix it. If there was not a bug, it could of all been bad luck. Either way, im not the one that needs to calm down. You guys are the ones who have been posting 30+ pages of this on multiple threads.

Ok, lets say it was a bug? Do you think we should have to pay Funzio even though they made a mistake?

I don't think you read my post entirly. Even Funzio said it can cause lop-sided effects for some players. When that happens (I am not saying it happened to everybody, or even anybody) it isn't right to pay even though you can't get it.

I opened more than 100 cases the last day. You can call that bad luck or whatever you want. Funzio agreed with us that sometimes "things" happen. It is a computer program, mistakes happen.

JMC
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
if they told us it was a lottery i would not have spent any gold !!!
they unscrupulously scammed us . END OF STORY !!!

I guess you don't understand how they explained the event, or my analogy. What reason would they have to scam you? They would lose more gold sales than they'd gain in the few hours that you guys were pumping out gold. Other people got the bars, so it's not like they individually went in and tweaked the drop rate to zero for a select few of you gold spenders. It's a bug or really bad luck, no scam.

JMC
04-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Ok, lets say it was a bug? Do you think we should have to pay Funzio even though they made a mistake?

I don't think you read my post entirly. Even Funzio said it can cause lop-sided effects for some players. When that happens (I am not saying it happened to everybody, or even anybody) it isn't right to pay even though you can't get it.

I opened more than 100 cases the last day. You can call that bad luck or whatever you want. Funzio agreed with us that sometimes "things" happen. It is a computer program, mistakes happen.

If it was a bug and they are fixing it, there will obviously be some way to compensate all of you for the gold you have spent.

If they confirm there was a bug where you guys had lop-sided odds, and then they do not compensate for gold spend during that time, then you guys can complain.

War Priest
04-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I guess you don't understand how they explained the event, or my analogy. What reason would they have to scam you? They would lose more gold sales than they'd gain in the few hours that you guys were pumping out gold. Other people got the bars, so it's not like they individually went in and tweaked the drop rate to zero for a select few of you gold spenders. It's a bug or really bad luck, no scam.

Ok, I get you on that. We are on the same page there now that I am calmed down. I understand how the event works, even got a very detailed email from Funzio about it.

Go spend 3000 gold and get nothing to show for it and see how calm you can be. :p

JMC
04-02-2012, 10:17 PM
If there's a bug, they messed up and it's on them. I assume they will ask you guys to send them a message if you spent gold and were experiencing lop-sided results. Then they will check logs and refund you whatever you spent.

Though i seriously believe there was also a bug in the open rate of the medium chance option for some of us. For that reason they should re-introduce the event for a few more days, so we can finish it off as it should of been without bugged open rates and drop rates.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 10:25 PM
What is certain from this mess is that Funzio are unlikely to introduce another such event before they have eliminated any 'lopsidedness' and perhaps formulated some bombproof guidelines which would usefully be entitled "Free Online Gaming Event for Dummies"

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 10:36 PM
If there's a bug, they messed up and it's on them. I assume they will ask you guys to send them a message if you spent gold and were experiencing lop-sided results. Then they will check logs and refund you whatever you spent.

Though i seriously believe there was also a bug in the open rate of the medium chance option for some of us. For that reason they should re-introduce the event for a few more days, so we can finish it off as it should of been without bugged open rates and drop rates.

Reintroducing the event might be fair if your old stats could be recovered... My LLP was on their 10th. It did seem as if partway through the challenge someone rejigged your odds of opening cases, I saw my success rate cut by more than half.

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 10:38 PM
What is certain from this mess is that Funzio are unlikely to introduce another such event before they have eliminated any 'lopsidedness' and perhaps formulated some bombproof guidelines which would usefully be entitled "Free Online Gaming Event for Dummies"

The funny thing is this one was better than the previous one..... Or more folks employed better strategies.... I would be curious to hear from those who were successful what things they did to increase their odds, I have some stuff posted in my other thread.

JMC
04-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Reintroducing the event might be fair if your old stats could be recovered... My LLP was on their 10th. It did seem as if partway through the challenge someone rejigged your odds of opening cases, I saw my success rate cut by more than half.

Stats can be recovered as far as I know. When doing the beta for the titanium bar event, i ended the beta with 7 bars and about 30 or so cases. I was hoping for 2 armed infirmaries the whole time lol. Because i was thinking my progress would restart when the event was released on the public app. Then, even though the public event was released a few days later, it loaded with all my previous progress already saved (the only reason i even had a chance at getting the infirmary). If they did that, i'm sure they could put the event back up with everyone's progress still in tact.

Everyone got a fair amount of docs so it wasn't entirely bugged, so im thinking 4 days would be a good extension, rather than the whole event.

Cocktail
04-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I combined gold and cash opening options evenly every day of the event, with a few bursts of reset timer/gold. Spent a small fortune, but got there with a day to spare.

BUT. If they're compensating for a bug, I want some gold back too. Why not? Who knows when or where the bug was, and how it affected my significant gold expenditures. If those who were hard done by deserve compensation, surely so do I.

Which brings me to my next point: no one should be awarded the unit after the fact regardless of what they spent. I mean, what's the threshold then? If it just comes down to "spend x gold and the prize is yours", then just tell me what that price is and I'll decide if it's worth the investment. And it's war, after all. If you didn't get the unit, then I have a small, ever so tiny advantage that might help even the odds against the heaviest gold players later on.

Like many posters have already said quite eloquently, nobody "deserves" the prize regardless of how they justify it. It was a contest. And if there is any reimbursement to any individual, then all individuals who spent gold deserve a review and possible reimbursement as well.

JMC
04-02-2012, 11:01 PM
I combined gold and cash opening options evenly every day of the event, with a few bursts of reset timer/gold. Spent a small fortune, but got there with a day to spare.

BUT. If they're compensating for a bug, I want some gold back too. Why not? Who knows when or where the bug was, and how it affected my significant gold expenditures. If those who were hard done by deserve compensation, surely so do I.

Which brings me to my next point: no one should be awarded the unit after the fact regardless of what they spent. I mean, what's the threshold then? If it just comes down to "spend x gold and the prize is yours", then just tell me what that price is and I'll decide if it's worth the investment. And it's war, after all. If you didn't get the unit, then I have a small, ever so tiny advantage that might help even the odds against the heaviest gold players later on.

Like many posters have already said quite eloquently, nobody "deserves" the prize regardless of how they justify it. It was a contest. And if there is any reimbursement to any individual, then all individuals who spent gold deserve a review and possible reimbursement as well.

Yeah, thats why i suggest an event extension. Makes it fair for almost everyone and gives everyone a chance to finish the event without some bug hindering them. Some players were refunded their gold, but they still have no chance at getting the prize unit, which was the whole point. Rewarding it to them isn't fair, so im thinking my idea is the best way for them to handle it.

Thunder Child
04-02-2012, 11:08 PM
How about simply channeling all the lessons learnt into the next event? There cannot be anything simpler and fairer than that? Let this one go. Extensions, compensation and dishing out love packages to the 'deserving' can only do more harm than good.

StuN
04-03-2012, 01:50 AM
I agree with WP, I spent 1.7k gold trying to get the last doc. I understand it wasn't guaranteed but the odds do seem a tad high.
Still, that's my lesson learned lol

peezyfbaby
04-03-2012, 06:07 AM
How about simply channeling all the lessons learnt into the next event? There cannot be anything simpler and fairer than that? Let this one go. Extensions, compensation and dishing out love packages to the 'deserving' can only do more harm than good.

I've read every opinion in this thread. Even the comment from the funzio representative. Out of 19 pages, you are the only one who sounds like they actually work for funzio.

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 06:14 AM
I've read every opinion in this thread. Even the comment from the funzio representative. Out of 19 pages, you are the only one who sounds like they actually work for funzio.
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry! For the record, I don't. If you knew what I actually did, you'd be very disappointed. As for my posts, I care about all the things I do, and I like this game very much, so I find myself making a contribution here and there, not so much for the greater good but because I enjoy it!

Edit for Funzio: if you want me to work for you in some capacity and are willing to keep me drowning in gold, you know where I am!

P4TR1C14N
04-03-2012, 06:20 AM
I'm just astonished how much money you guys spend (or better say waste) on such game. You must be very addicted to this game to spend such amounts.

This game is a real cash cow, it has never been a game for the whole world. Nope... so learn to live with it or stop. If you live with it, decide if you want to spend loads of money to be frustrated regularly or to play for free and take it how it comes.

I'm doing the last and must say... it was a hard nut to crack if you get slaughtered by gold gold gold units, on the other hand i managed to keep playing and giving my frustrations a place...

To be honest, i've played loads of games in my life (i'm really getting old), but this game is really the first game where i noticed a blatant money rip 'off'. Prices to get things is just ridiculous but this is maybe part of the new generation of 'App' games.

Once again. If you get frustrated and keep investing money, think twice who's here the dumbass. Funzio will not answer you and why should they. As long as you pay money, they don't have any problem. It's only you that has a problem.

Aidan
04-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Edit for Funzio: if you want me to work for you in some capacity and are willing to keep me drowning in gold, you know where I am!

Errr, i would like to offer myself too. My background is accounting n finance. I cn work in ur europe office. Lol.

Thunder Child
04-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Errr, i would like to offer myself too. My background is accounting n finance. I cn work in ur europe office. Lol.
But mine sounded like a business proposition of sorts; you're really hanging it out there!

Aidan
04-03-2012, 06:45 AM
But mine sounded like a business proposition of sorts; you're really hanging it out there!

But i want the massage perk!!

Ok, to keep myself frm going OT,

Those who said they spends 1k, 5k of golds on the last day, u forgot somethng. U need to divide it by 2. Coz u reset the timer. Now i'm sure the timer did reset. N those who said they understand the chance element n do think it was rigged (i thought it was a bug btw), I wanna u ask u this...Why oh why didnt u stop aftr like 500 or even 300 gold? Why keep on going when u know,think or at least suspect tht it might be rigged or bugged? I dnt understand this... Over-optimistic??

Agent Orange
04-03-2012, 07:32 AM
But i want the massage perk!!

Ok, to keep myself frm going OT,

Those who said they spends 1k, 5k of golds on the last day, u forgot somethng. U need to divide it by 2. Coz u reset the timer. Now i'm sure the timer did reset. N those who said they understand the chance element n do think it was rigged (i thought it was a bug btw), I wanna u ask u this...Why oh why didnt u stop aftr like 500 or even 300 gold? Why keep on going when u know,think or at least suspect tht it might be rigged or bugged? I dnt understand this... Over-optimistic??

Well there is something to said about getting free massages. It's part of my benefit package at work and damn if it isn't a great perk...

I think Stephen put spending into perspective for me, because they can. Life's too short to worry about it can't take it with you.... Granted my practical side kicks in and I start thinking about the toys I could buy. Everyone has their vices mine is collecting stuff like old computers and photographica to excess.

Osy
04-03-2012, 08:35 AM
IMO it's pretty stupid when all of you guys think that the events are scams just because you spent gold and happened not to get the documents (no offense). The event is all chance, opening boxes with gold increases your chances because you get more opens, but the likelihood of getting a document from each open does not increase. If you didn't notice there were tons of free players or light gold spenders that did achieve 10, much more than during the titanium bar event. Many think that the event is scam but not because they don't get documents. What they don't get is the LAST document/bar/diamond etc. Very interesting that odds change as soon as you get to 8 or 9. I didn't notice "tons" of players that achieved the last item. 5, 6 but not tons of them.

What you guys are saying can be compared to a lottery. Say there is a lottery with 1000 entries and you buy 500 of those entries. That still does not guarantee you the win, since it's all chance. Sure you have a very high chance to win especially compared to others but there is never a guarantee unless you get every single ticket, which you cant. Are lotteries a scam? Not really. You go in knowing that it's all about chance and that you might not win, because you guys spent hundreds of dollars, that is a mix of your bad luck and your own willingness to put forward that much money. You shouldn't compare this event to a lottery. There is a lottery mathematics - used to calculate the probabilities in a lottery game. In a typical 6/49 game, six numbers are drawn from a range of 49 and if the six numbers on a ticket match the numbers drawn, the ticket holder is a jackpot winner. The probability of this happening is 1 in 13,983,816. What is the probability of getting the last case/file/bar? It has nothing to do with chances or luck. As far as I understand, the majority of the players managed to get 8 or 9 bars or (this time) documents in a relatively short time but didn't achieve the LAST one in two , in some cases, three days. JMC, you are a wise man. Is it a chance or simply a "tune-up" ?

digitalwalker
04-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Wondering why there isn't anyone noticed there was a game data storing shifting from devices to the sever durning the event, which last for a short time period and probably meant to patch the reopen a failed case bug. I believe, that disordered the probability calculation of getting a doc while accumulating the number of docs.

JMC
04-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Many think that the event is scam but not because they don't get documents. What they don't get is the LAST document/bar/diamond etc. Very interesting that odds change as soon as you get to 8 or 9. I didn't notice "tons" of players that achieved the last item. 5, 6 but not tons of them.

You shouldn't compare this event to a lottery. There is a lottery mathematics - used to calculate the probabilities in a lottery game. In a typical 6/49 game, six numbers are drawn from a range of 49 and if the six numbers on a ticket match the numbers drawn, the ticket holder is a jackpot winner. The probability of this happening is 1 in 13,983,816. What is the probability of getting the last case/file/bar? It has nothing to do with chances or luck. As far as I understand, the majority of the players managed to get 8 or 9 bars or (this time) documents in a relatively short time but didn't achieve the LAST one in two , in some cases, three days. JMC, you are a wise man. Is it a chance or simply a "tune-up" ?

Odds change on each and every document as they are supposed to. As stated the odds of getting the 10th doc or even the last 3 is significantly lower than any of the other documents. People should be expecting 50 fails to get those last couple.

And the type of lottery im referring to (which still isn't 100% the same, just an analogy) is the type of lottery where a certain amount of tickets are sold, 1 is selected and the jackpot is rewarded to that person. So more of a draw. You have a certain percentage per attempt at getting the prize and if you get more tickets, your percentage raises. In this event, every time you open a case you have a certain percentage of getting the document. Everytime you open it again, your chance of getting the document next time does not increase, but the more attempts you try, the higher the chance of finally getting it. All im saying is that all the details were released and easy to understand. Saying this event was a scam, would be like calling any sort of gambling a scam.

Anyway, what i'm getting at is there is no such thing as 100% for something that comes down to chance like this. People saying that they are upset because they didn't get the document is reasonable, but saying that it is a scam isn't reasonable. Just because you spent a few hundred dollars does not guarantee the last document, so you should not expect it as a guarantee like some seem to. I do believe there was a bug, but the sort of complaints that many people were making, made absolutely no sense. They go into the event knowing how it works, and if they didn't, who's fault is that but theirs? The info is out there. Again their fault for continually pumping gold into the event when it was yielding no results. I'd estimate about 10 or so people got the last document and mentioned it on these forums, many of them free players or tapjoy gold spenders. That is a significantly higher result than during the titanium bar event, where most of the people that got 10 had used quite a bit of gold and only a couple free players got the prize.

JMC
04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Wondering why there isn't anyone noticed there was a game data storing shifting from devices to the sever durning the event, which last for a short time period and probably meant to patch the reopen a failed case bug. I believe, that disordered the probability calculation of getting a doc while accumulating the number of docs.

Me and my brother re-installed the app a couple times during the event because of other bugs. Maybe that brought the no-open case bug back for us and it never wore off? So possibly anyone who re-installed during that time got screwed over for the medium chance option.

Colonelbob
04-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Odds change on each and every document as they are supposed to. As stated . . . Where was this stated? I didn't read it anywhere stated by Funzio. That being said, the odds were exactly the same for the first few days and documents 1-8. At least that's how it was for me and for many, many other players, as indicated in the many, many posts. The odds were basically stable and then they changed, just in time for a gold sale . . . Coincidence?

JMC
04-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Where was this stated? I didn't read it anywhere stated by Funzio. That being said, the odds were exactly the same for the first few days and documents 1-8. At least that's how it was for me and for many, many other players, as indicated in the many, many posts. The odds were basically stable and then they changed, just in time for a gold sale . . . Coincidence?

It was stated on the thread introducing these sorts of events and if i remember correctly, when clicking one of the question marks in the event window a more detailed explanation of the event comes up where it was possibly stated as well.

If im mistaken and it wasn't somewhere in game, as a forum user and someone who likely participated in the supply box event, this should of been a well known fact about the events. These events have been talked about for weeks if you guys read any of the discussion, how could you participate in the event, be active on forums and not know that the drop rate of docs decreases with each document obtained?

Everyone was constantly talking about the difficulty of obtaining the last 3 documents, and i assumed that was because they were aware of the lower drop rate.

Also the first documents were coming in WAY too fast this time. Almost no one was running around with 5+ titanium bars on the first day of the supply box event, but many had 5-9 on the first day of this event. They likely caught onto this (which would of been a bug making the event way too easy) and then reverted the drop rate to the proper percentages. With proper drop rates as a free player, you probably want about 2 days to spare when trying to get the last document.

Colonelbob
04-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Lots of stuff appears in the forum by us users that is not necessarily confirmed by Funzio or even accurate. If it was written out by Funzio I missed it, but it certainly would have been good information. Oh well, lesson learned I guess. Onto bigger and better things.

Poopenshire
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
It was stated on the thread introducing these sorts of events and if i remember correctly, when clicking one of the question marks in the event window a more detailed explanation of the event comes up where it was possibly stated as well.

If im mistaken and it wasn't somewhere in game, as a forum user and someone who likely participated in the supply box event, this should of been a well known fact about the events. These events have been talked about for weeks if you guys read any of the discussion, how could you participate in the event, be active on forums and not know that the drop rate of docs decreases with each document obtained?

To be honest I saw it many times on the forums by Manu people, but in all the official postings and info I do not remember seeing that. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I saw that info many times sated by forum members.

JMC
04-03-2012, 01:51 PM
To be honest I saw it many times on the forums by Manu people, but in all the official postings and info I do not remember seeing that. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I saw that info many times sated by forum members.

It was on the official posting of the Supply box event, since the document event was pretty much the same thing as the supply box event, i don't think they felt any need to re-explain every detail again. Someone on this thread even quoted the statement by funzio a few pages back that says as each document is obtained the drop rate decreases, and nears zero, but will never reach zero or a negative number.

KCh
04-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Lots of stuff appears in the forum by us users that is not necessarily confirmed by Funzio or even accurate. If it was written out by Funzio I missed it, but it certainly would have been good information. Oh well, lesson learned I guess. Onto bigger and better things.

It was stated by Boomer on the official supply box event posting. He thoroughly explained how the event works, which included the details stating as each titanium bar/secret document is obtained, the drop rate decreases..