PDA

View Full Version : Rat Catcher Ranks

Burn
03-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Ranks and Associated Responsibilities for a Rat Catcher...

Pick the rank that best suits your playing style and game goals.

Capo Crimini: all energy going into beating down 499s, message left on every hit, and you actively recruit New members.

Capo Bastone: all energy going into beating down 499s, message left on every hit, but you don't recruit.

Caporegime: you hit 500's to achieve your goals, but when you see a 499 you hit them, and you always leave a message on their wall after a hit.

Sgarrista: concentrating on 500's, but always hit 499s when they appear, no message left

Piciotto: You've got other priorities, but you might hit a 499 now and again, when you do, you leave a message on their wall.

Giovane D'Honore: You don't like 499 rats, but you'll only hit them if it suits you to do so. Not interested in messaging walls.

You can switch between ranks based on your own personal goals. But a genuine 499 Rat Catcher is expected to hit at least a few rats every day.

New Rank: Assassin: We need Assassins for Search & Destroy missions. Rats are going into hiding, dropping further into the 400 numbers to avoid detection and retribution.

What we need is Rat Catcher Special Ops (RCSO), who will check the inventories of lower 400 numbers, looking specifically for those who have an assortment of Thug Life items in their inventory. On discovery they should be flagged up and subjected to attack.

Know your enemy...

Rat: You are in a mob of 499, you hide behind trashcans, you are a coward, like vermin you scurry around picking up scraps and trying to keep out of sight. No-one likes you, the very sight of you creates a feeling of disgust.

mnju_03
03-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Piciotto! My priorities are RP to get strong, real strong... After that, BEAT DOWN!!!!

Chukuli
03-31-2012, 08:40 PM
I will go for this rank for the 1st week to see the results
Capo Crimini: all energy going into beating down 499s, message left on every hit, and you actively recruit New members.

G Wiz
03-31-2012, 11:27 PM
Future Capo Bastone here!

i need muney
04-01-2012, 03:14 AM
How'd you come up with this? :))

Burn
04-01-2012, 03:40 AM
How'd you come up with this? :))

They are all Mafia ranks, everything else just a list of how people can make the contribution that best sits with how they currently play the game.

There is no agenda to build anything other than a loosely organised group that share a current common goal - reducing the number of 499s that plague the game - as soon as that goal is achieved, we can disband and return home to our families ;)

Nudie
04-01-2012, 04:16 AM
I think it's working. Seeing fewer rats and they usually have already been hit several times by catchers.

Burn
04-01-2012, 04:44 AM
By the end of the of the week one of two things will happen...

1. Using 499 as a place to hide will be finished

2. We'll have a full scale war on our hands :)

I think it will be #1, as the basic premise of the 499 strategy is avoidance of attack - not really a warlike demographic.

xclusiv is crusading on behalf of the 499 of course, in the mistaken and misguided belief that he is 'protecting the meek', but someone will clip his wings, at which point he'll likely as not destroy his own hood, again ;)

Chukuli
04-01-2012, 05:25 AM
I came across a 499 player name JUN, he have no money buildings, no income/hours just a few defense buildings and he does have pretty good stats.
Now the point is he doesn't need to fear from being robbed by rivals but why is he at 499 mafia?:confused:

koralene
04-01-2012, 06:36 AM
i'll be doing capo bastone the next couple of days... this is too much fun lol :P

Burn
04-01-2012, 06:43 AM
i'll be doing capo bastone the next couple of days... this is too much fun lol :P

:)

Nice to have one of the games big hitters on our side. Koralene, please keep an eye out for JoeyCool, he's doing what all Beagles do, running around excitedly and getting himself into tussles with bigger dogs ;)

koralene
04-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Nice to have one of the games big hitters on our side. Koralene, please keep an eye out for JoeyCool, he's doing what all Beagles do, running around excitedly and getting himself into tussles with bigger dogs ;)

lmao... this was too funny. no problem. i hate the 499 players... spoils the whole point of the game.

joey... you get into any trouble give me a shout... i'll give them a beat down for you. :)

i need muney
04-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Koralene's stats read "STFU" o_O

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 07:43 AM
lmao... this was too funny. no problem. i hate the 499 players... spoils the whole point of the game.

joey... you get into any trouble give me a shout... i'll give them a beat down for you. :)

So how does a non gold spender take someone like yourself on?

Xira
04-01-2012, 07:45 AM
So how does a non gold spender take someone like yourself on?

You cannot. But if you were going to try something I would suggest any form of voodoo and to use a lot of loud grunting noises...

I think the max stats non gold that are even possible are 60kish? And that's with having spent billions...

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 07:49 AM
You cannot. But if you were going to try something I would suggest any form of voodoo and to use a lot of loud grunting noises.
So no amount of strategy or dedication to CC you wont be able to beat a gold spender?
And he says,
Quote "i hate the 499 players... spoils the whole point of the game."
Really people like this spoil the game too and funzio wont give us a way to defend ourselfs.

Xira
04-01-2012, 07:54 AM
So no amount of strategy or dedication to CC you wont be able to beat a gold spender

Correct. But his/her stats are not the norm, 99% of gold spenders cannot compete with that either. Most gold spenders will be in your range. It takes $10000+ to start getting Untouchable I would estimate and there will never be a lot of those.

vitus79
04-01-2012, 07:54 AM
... and funzio wont give us a way to defend ourselfs.

the way is obvious, spend money into the pay to win game they created.

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Correct. But his/her stats are not the norm, 99% of gold spenders cannot compete with that either. Most gold spenders will be in your range. It takes $10000+ to start getting Untouchable I would estimate and there will never be a lot of those.
With afew key items removed and nerfed by funzio it just made the weak weaker, Being 499 it slashed the attacks on me by half.
I refuse to play the game the way you want me to play it.
Its my choice to be 499 and thats the way I want to protect my income instead of buying gold.

Burn
04-01-2012, 08:15 AM
@Spoon86

Unfortunately your plan won't work now. As this initiative gathers pace, 499s will reduce, you will stick out more - you will get robbed more, and you will be beaten more.

The economy you are protecting, it is ours now. You only get to keep 40% from this point on.

All your base are belong to us.

Here's why...

Let's assume this game is a loose (very loose) simulation of criminal life. Do you think for a second that you could regularly sneak into another families hood to steal their cash in order to get the things you want (this is effectively what you are doing by taking part in Thug Life without being on 500), without having to deal with repurcussions?

Of course not, you would have a heavy price to pay. Guess what. It's payday.

But good luck with your Thug Life goals.

Alternatively bump up to 500, and the problem goes away.

Dravak
04-01-2012, 08:16 AM
With afew key items removed and nerfed by funzio it just made the weak weaker, Being 499 it slashed the attacks on me by half.
Its my choice to be 499 and thats the way I want to protect my income instead of buying gold.

So basically what you are saying is , I don't want to spent money , that I understand ,
But I want to bully people cause 499 give me near Max stats , that I also understand .
But you cannot stand being bullied ? And then whine about not fair play ground ?
Honestly you know be glad there are gold spenders around , cause they didn't create a game for people like you.
Who is paying for there server upgrades , for there employee fee ?

And only thing you have to give back in return is 500 maffia so others can compete there thug life .
Man the arguments are getting more ridiculous of 499 , fine play your way you want , but don't come looking for sympathy .

koralene
04-01-2012, 08:23 AM
So no amount of strategy or dedication to CC you wont be able to beat a gold spender?
And he says,
Quote "i hate the 499 players... spoils the whole point of the game."
Really people like this spoil the game too and funzio wont give us a way to defend ourselfs.

I have goals to complete as well... just the same as a non gold spender. What isn't right that i have to go through pages and pages to find somebody with 500 mafia and they are usually beaten up.

Max Power
04-01-2012, 08:25 AM

I disagree with the nerfing too, and I am maxed out on M4s. I don't think it is fair and it widens the gap between gold vs non-gold spenders. Funzio wants you to be able to compete mostly by buying gold, that's obvious. Your drop to 499 will not bridge that gap. Ever.

Want to keep your money? Bank it. Want to avoid getting targeted for being at 499? Add a guy. It's that simple.

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 08:35 AM
So basically what you are saying is , I don't want to spent money , that I understand ,
But I want to bully people cause 499 give me near Max stats , that I also understand .
But you cannot stand being bullied ? And then whine about not fair play ground ?
Honestly you know be glad there are gold spenders around , cause they didn't create a game for people like you.
Who is paying for there server upgrades , for there employee fee ?

And only thing you have to give back in return is 500 maffia so others can compete there thug life .
Man the arguments are getting more ridiculous of 499 , fine play your way you want , but don't come looking for sympathy .
Not looking for sympathy, I play the game the way I want to play not the way you want me to play it. Ever since I went 499 I been getting attacked ALOT less even with this rat catcher fiasco going on.
And your the one whining on the playground crying about hes not giving me thug life.

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 08:38 AM
I have goals to complete as well... just the same as a non gold spender. What isn't right that i have to go through pages and pages to find somebody with 500 mafia and they are usually beaten up.
Go do the boards if you want to complete goals, Don't try to take away a strategy that we use to defend ourselves against players like you.
You have your tactics to surviving i.e spending real cash
and I have mine dropping to 499.

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 08:41 AM
I disagree with the nerfing too, and I am maxed out on M4s. I don't think it is fair and it widens the gap between gold vs non-gold spenders. Funzio wants you to be able to compete mostly by buying gold, that's obvious. Your drop to 499 will not bridge that gap. Ever.

Want to keep your money? Bank it. Want to avoid getting targeted for being at 499? Add a guy. It's that simple.
I'm horrible at syncing.

And I don't mind getting attacked because im 499, its fair game. Just like how I attack 500's for being 500.

Dravak
04-01-2012, 08:44 AM
I am not whinning these are the typical rivalry comments , funzio delete off my wall .
It is hypocritical , small fries saying look I stole 300k , then I go busting there hood and raise there loses by 500
For 19 hours straight , cause I hardly sleep .

Then they start to insult make big comments about getting big cheese , when you need 90 million to buy something good lol .
Oh then they don't collect there big money building on time , and get robbed so I leave a nice comment .
Then they come back again , and the fun starts again lol

Man people like you are the most fun to attack , cause they take losses serious , honestly you rob all my buildings guess what I still keep 60% . You are still behind on economy .
Not that there is anything good to buy with money aside from a vechicle .
Man spoon people like you make the game really fun to have a rivalry with . Cause there ego feels butt hurt .
Sorry even gold spenders get attacked by other gold spenders , so on with the 499 campaign .

i need muney
04-01-2012, 08:46 AM
Let the poor guy be. This quarrel is going nowhere.

Burn
04-01-2012, 08:59 AM
As long as he is content that he only gets to keep 40% from now.

The rest of his income is Rat Tax :)

i need muney
04-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Can't wait till I end my TL and become a full-blown whack-a-499er.

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 09:50 AM
As long as he is content that he only gets to keep 40% from now.

The rest of his income is Rat Tax :)
actually ever since I dropped to 499 I collect my buildings ALOT more then when I was 500. and I capitalized ALOT for a reason.

Burn
04-01-2012, 10:08 AM
You are talking about the way it used to be.

This Rat Catcher thing is 1 day old.

Give it a few more days and you will be on 500.

Johnny70
04-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi Im Johnny, I am not a 499er I am not a member of any click if I was a member of a click it would be the bully crushers click, having said that I would like to address this concept of "rats" and how to handle them..... whats the end goal here people???? I want to lend my support to anything that may convince these "rats" to mob up to 500 but is that the real goal of this or what??? there are a bunch of people participating in this that I consider to be my friends, I assume that their goal in this is to convince people to have 500 in their mob, I also have noted that there are people participating in this in negitive and derogitory ways, and I have posted on these perpertrators walls asking what the **** and getting bull **** run arround no answers to what I ask. yes it is a game of robbing and attacking but one of your members that claim to spend all of thier resorces to go after rats doesnt have much business coming to my hood and robbing me, dont get me wrong here i have no problems with being robbed or attacked, bring it, but I do have a problem with liars and hippocrites. you know who you are you say you are spending all of your stamina on rats and posting on their walls you are a liar you should be more concerned with fixing your own game and maybe at that point you would have a leg to stand on in this.... any way i dont have the answer as to how to get people to mob up to 500 but all this is going to acomplish is more anomosity and bad blood in a game that already has plenty of that.... I GOTTA ASK WAS THAT THE INTENT???? I fully endorse the CONCEPT dont you think the ball got dropped on implementation here? are we not looking for a solution and not to cause more problems? WHAT IS THE GOAL HERE? we are smart people come on you guys we need to do better here this is just added bull**** the way it is being handled I challange us all to come up with a REAL solution, and I am here to tell you this aint it! Johnny... racecar70@msn.com

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 10:12 AM
You are talking about the way it used to be.

This Rat Catcher thing is 1 day old.

Give it a few more days and you will be on 500.
Highly doubt it, I get hit reguardless only thing that changed is a little message on my wall.

Stop trying pushing your values of honor on others its a game and they will play it the way they see fit not the way you want them to play it.

Burn
04-01-2012, 10:25 AM
You keep on peddling that same old line.

I'll explain it s l o w l y for you, with n u m b e r s too.

Why the 499 is reviled...

1. You take part in Thug Life goals by attacking players on 500.

2. By remaining at or below 499 yourselves you hope to avoid being hit in the way you hit others.

3. This makes you a leech. A parasite. A sneaky thief without the cojones to look his victim in the eye. You don't only hit and run, you hit, run and hide. That you cannot comprehend that decent people would find this wrong, is testament to your lack of moral fibre and the basic tenets of human decency that define 'values'.

4. Your strategy caught on. The rats multiplied. It became a problem.

So now the Rat Catchers are here.

i need muney
04-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Stop trying pushing your values of honor on others its a game and they will play it the way they see fit not the way you want them to play it.
Practice what you preach.
I'm pretty sure that Mark will check-in soon and close down all these nonsense threads :)

Xira
04-01-2012, 10:30 AM

2. By remaining at or below 499 yourselves you hope to avoid being hit in the way you hit others.

3. This makes you a leech. A parasite. A sneaky thief without the cojones to look his victim in the eye. You don't only hit and run, you hit, run and hide. That you cannot comprehend that decent people would find this wrong, is testament to your lack of moral fibre and the basic tenets of human decency that define 'values'.

Another great post by burn lol. Just wanted to thank you burn for a day of fun :)

Burn
04-01-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm not due any thanks, I am a little old mid-level player.

It is you guys up at the high-levels who are making this work.

Kudos to you all.

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 10:34 AM

This still doesn't convey your message, Your trying to bring moral fiber and human decency into a game were you steal and rob from other players.

You have no argument.

Aid
04-01-2012, 10:37 AM
This still doesn't convey your message, Your trying to bring moral fiber and human decency into a game were you steal and rob from other players.

You have no argument.

Fine, then stop whining with your argument, we will play the way we wish to play.

Joeycool
04-01-2012, 10:41 AM

Not today I've not! Had an emergency call out at work and left my phone at home! DOH!!

I dont need looking out for. I dont care who attacks me or when.

My head is held up high. Anyone is free to attack me for my goals. I couldn't care less. If everyone in the game attacked me all it would change is a few little numbers in my stats.

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Fine, then stop whining with your argument, we will play the way we wish to play.

The whinning started with the 500's whining about 499's.
Thats the point of the game play the way you want not the way I or others want you to play.

i need muney
04-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Spoon, the point is that you came down and boiled it up. You can be a 499 if you wish, personally, I have no problem with that. But I will surely attack a 499 if I see one and ranting here will get both sides nowhere, but bans and closed threads.

Joeycool
04-01-2012, 10:43 AM

Appreciate it Koralene... but thats not what I'm in this for. Any one is free to attack me. Thats what the game is about.

I just want to get the cowards to stop hiding behind 499 who are ruining the game dynamic with their cowadice.

i need muney
04-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Are you kidding, Joey? This game got interesting only now when we are at war, na'mean? :)

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah, Spoon, the point is that you came down and boiled it up. You can be a 499 if you wish, personally, I have no problem with that. But I will surely attack a 499 if I see one and ranting here will get both sides nowhere, but bans and closed threads.

Keep the debate respectful and I'm pritty sure no bans will be handed out along with closed threads.

If these "rat catchers" have no problem calling me a rat and saying I have no moral fiber or human decency just because I made a move that is strategically beneficial to me, Then I say let them be ignorant.

i need muney
04-01-2012, 11:17 AM
You take it to personal. It's all imaging, mafia game, remember? Like anyone would care IRL

DCjG
04-01-2012, 11:32 AM
I propose the creation of rat ranks as well. Not all rats are equal. Surely some are fatter than others!

Aid
04-01-2012, 11:42 AM
The 'fat rat'...have seen quite a few. Many gold buildings, many gold weapons, attack and defense in the 40k range.

Johnny70
04-01-2012, 11:54 AM
it absolutely amazes me how many of the people involved here are obvious crate cheaters alot of the pot calling the kettle black going on ..... and alot of the posts by rat catchers are just bully statements... was that your intent B??

Aid
04-01-2012, 12:08 PM
it absolutely amazes me how many of the people involved here are obvious crate cheaters alot of the pot calling the kettle black going on ..... and alot of the posts by rat catchers are just bully statements... was that your intent B??
I have purchased a total of 20 crates, three were purchased the first day so at a lower price, all others at the full price. The messages I have gotten are pretty out of line compared to 'taxed by the 499 rat catchers'. One player spammed my wall about my mother, many others have used vulgar language. One asked what was going on and we ended up having a chat. Intent is reverse thug life goals?

Johnny70
04-01-2012, 12:08 PM
I just dont get how you all keep talking about 40% are you kidding or just dumb about how the servers work?? if i am logged on do i lose a dime to robbries NO the game pays out the money doesnt it? yes it does so where is the loss? I have converted more people to 500 mob members by trying to help people improve their game so they have stats to compete not by beating them up and calling them names how would these tactics work on you? no they will never compete with us money players but its not a fair game its crime city funzio changes it all the time life isnt fair the game isnt fair, instead of trying to figure ways to cause more conflict why not just talk to them and try to help them? oh wait that makes way to much common sense, nevermind

Aid
04-01-2012, 12:12 PM
I just dont get how you all keep talking about 40% are you kidding or just dumb about how the servers work?? if i am logged on do i lose a dime to robbries NO the game pays out the money doesnt it? yes it does so where is the loss? I have converted more people to 500 mob members by trying to help people improve their game so they have stats to compete not by beating them up and calling them names how would these tactics work on you? no they will never compete with us money players but its not a fair game its crime city funzio changes it all the time life isnt fair the game isnt fair, instead of trying to figure ways to cause more conflict why not just talk to them and try to help them? oh wait that makes way to much common sense, nevermind

Johnny I apologize, I have seen some of your wall posts, I understand

Burn
04-01-2012, 12:20 PM
I propose the creation of rat ranks as well. Not all rats are equal. Surely some are fatter than others!

Made me laugh, literally out loud. People are looking at me like I'm weird.

NotsoFunzio
04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Made me laugh, literally out loud. People are looking at me like I'm weird.

And thats not because you laughted....................... YUNO just saying ...........

Johnny70
04-01-2012, 12:31 PM
"taxed by the 499 rat catchers" is certainly not what im talking about if you think that is all the rat catchers are posting you need to look around a little closer bro... like i keep saying i agree with the concept, the way it is actualy happening is a different story..... I guess I should have just kept my thoughts to myself, I am a minority around the city, this all has little to no effect on me or my game im not a 499er and i am obviously a money player, sure I think things should be "fair" and no they are not, such is life welcome to the real world folks. frankly in reality I dont believe people are making such a big thing over it, I can click the refresh button on my rivals list and have one page full of 499ers and the next full of 500 I have no problem finding people to hit for thug life/hit man double credit hits do you? honestly? really? what ever I'm done talking here it is obviously going nowhere fast anyway.

allhaildiscordia
04-01-2012, 12:44 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12483097/Screenshots/ratcatcher.png

Johnny70
04-01-2012, 12:46 PM
last post,tks aid, thanks all for listening, just thinking aloud.. as any of you who have spoken to me in the game know I try to get along with everyone and help anyone with any information about the game that asks, my goal in this is to have fun and meet new people from all over the world, after all we are all basicly the same we all live our basicly mundane day to day lives trying to do the best we can for our families and the ones we love, it is the human condition no matter where people are on the planet. to that end again thank you all for listening to my ramblings, hope to talk to all of you at some point in the city... remember do onto others as you would have them do onto you in life and in the game do onto others first and dont get mad when it comes back at you... it is the game crime city. PEACE! Johnny

Joeycool
04-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Johnny you should visit the forum more often if you want to make friends and speak to people all over the world.

We are a friendly bunch really. :)

Burn
04-01-2012, 01:15 PM
...a lot of the posts by rat catchers are just bully statements... was that your intent B??

It was started as a fun way for the players to take control of a situation that is not in the game by design.

It is fun.

That it does have a serious goal in mind (getting players that are competing in Thug Life to do so from a position of having 500+ mobs), just makes it of greater interest.

Any negativity that has crept in is purely because the two sides are squabbling over who occupies the moral high ground.

That is probably unavoidable I'm afraid.

kimberleyj
04-01-2012, 01:40 PM
It was started as a fun way for the players to take control of a situation that is not in the game by design.

It is fun.

That it does have a serious goal in mind (getting players that are competing in Thug Life to do so from a position of having 500+ mobs), just makes it of greater interest.

Any negativity that has crept in is purely because the two sides are squabbling over who occupies the moral high ground.

That is probably unavoidable I'm afraid.
Exactly , i have done nearly all my goals ( apart from the new attack goals). This is new which has brought back some fun back in the game. Even some of the 499 have just gone up to 500 because they want in they think it is a fun idea.

Joe Brown1
04-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Love the idea of the Rat Catchers - makes the game much more fun again. The funny thing is that either both are legit strategies or neither. If 499 is a legit strategy for some players then Rat Catchers is legit to counter the strategy and if Rat Catchers isn't legit then neither is 499. If you lurk and attack people from the shadows, expect a beat down when people catch you. Payback is a b*tch.

corpsegrinder
04-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Bump
Just saw all this. I'm down