PDA

View Full Version : What's the cooldown period after being "too beat up?"

Nicholost
03-31-2012, 03:39 PM
I've seen this discussed before, but I cannot for the life of me remember what the answer was. How long after you are too beat up does it take before a rival can attack you again? I remember it being hours, but I cannot remember how many. Does anyone know?

Dravak
03-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Exactly 1 hour after the last hit . Robberies don't count only last attack , the victims get 1 hour respite

mnju_03
03-31-2012, 04:11 PM
Exactly 1 hour after the last hit . Robberies don't count only last attack , the victims get 1 hour respite

I've always wondered this but forgotten to ask. Nice one guys!

Nicholost
03-31-2012, 04:13 PM
Really? I remembered it being longer. I must be getting old.

mnju_03
03-31-2012, 04:14 PM

Get AARP! lol

Joeycool
03-31-2012, 04:18 PM

are you sure? I thought it was 60 minutes.

But I could be wrong.

Maybe it is 1 hour after all!

erik
03-31-2012, 04:19 PM
I If it hasn't been changed lately, I believe it to be 2hrs.

mnju_03
03-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Now when attacking someone do you have to leave and come back for it to be refreshed, once its time to get attacked again? Or could you just stay in their hood and keep beating them.....up?

Dravak
03-31-2012, 04:24 PM
No it is 60 min or 1 hour , but only the 10th attack does the too beaten up 1 hour set in .
So if you spread you attacks every 3 min example at the 10th attack , you need to wait 1 hour .

If nobody else beat that person up first , how do I know , cause been involved in rivalries during the events
With people with ****ty hoods , they were robbing mine , so I got them back by robbing there event contra band .

Some of them are persistent lol , one went on for 48 hours long lol .

mnju_03
03-31-2012, 04:25 PM
No it is 60 min or 1 hour , but only the 10th attack does the too beaten up 1 hour set in .
So if you spread you attacks every 3 min example at the 10th attack , you need to wait 1 hour .

If nobody else beat that person up first , how do I know , cause been involved in rivalries during the events
With people with ****ty hoods , they were robbing mine , so I got them back by robbing there event contra band .

Some of them are persistent lol , one went on for 48 hours long lol .

WOW! Really?! As long as it ends well and fairly quickly... That sounds like it could be dramatic yet fun all together.

Dravak
03-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Once a person says stop I do stop , or a person don't attack me back for 8 hours , I stop .

So I do keep stress and fun factor in check .
One day I might run into koralene and the plead for mercy lol XD
But that is part of the game , there is always a bigger money spender then you :) .

mnju_03
03-31-2012, 04:35 PM
Once a person says stop I do stop , or a person don't attack me back for 8 hours , I stop .

So I do keep stress and fun factor in check .
One day I might run into koralene and the plead for mercy lol XD
But that is part of the game , there is always a bigger money spender then you :) .

Cool, I like your morals/ethics... :P

Yup always someone more or less, in every way.

Caleb
03-31-2012, 06:28 PM
So if someone was no banking overnight, they could in theory get attacked and lose up to $300K every hour. Yikes...

Labradorite
03-31-2012, 07:20 PM
So if someone was no banking overnight, they could in theory get attacked and lose up to $300K every hour. Yikes...

This is what I thought. I just got attacked 20 times and lost $600k this morning by a heavy gold spender. What happened? Did they change the rules?

Nicholost
03-31-2012, 08:37 PM
This is what I thought. I just got attacked 20 times and lost $600k this morning by a heavy gold spender. What happened? Did they change the rules?

I remember it being longer than an hour. (I thought it was 4... or 6 hours. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/confused.gif) But Dravak seems to be speaking from experience.

LFizzle and/or Crime City Mark, can you answer this question? I don't think a detail of game mechanics that should be left a mystery. It's not a game-changer, but it does affect us no-bankers.

BTW, Caleb, even if a rival were to take $300K from you and they come back for you in an hour, they have to find you again. That could take a considerable number of refreshes. I would say very few people have that level of dedication. So if you are strong and there are only a few people who can take from you, that's a few of a few. In other words, the odds are still in your favor.

Labradorite
03-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Did I mention this guy attacked me 20 times all at once? There was only one line on my news feed. :( Have to bank my money 'til I'm out of his radar.

Dravak
03-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Did I mention this guy attacked me 20 times all at once? There was only one line on my news feed. :( Have to bank my money 'til I'm out of his radar.

Report this to customer service , cause I can only attack 10 times max spread out or at once .
Not 20 times , let them figure it out .
Like said too many cheaters and exploiters around :( .

Labradorite
03-31-2012, 09:44 PM
Report this to customer service , cause I can only attack 10 times max spread out or at once .
Not 20 times , let them figure it out .
Like said too many cheaters and exploiters around :( .

They didn't change the 10 times rule? I'll report this to customer service and let you guys know if I get an reply.

G Wiz
03-31-2012, 11:32 PM
LFizzle and/or Crime City Mark, can you answer this question? I don't think a detail of game mechanics that should be left a mystery. It's not a game-changer, but it does affect us no-bankers. I think marks "reply with quote" tab is still being repaired...

Yahkin
03-31-2012, 11:59 PM

If there were no other attacks or robs in between, it will just keep adding to the same message in your log. So basically he stole 300k, waited an hour, and stole 300k more.

As an aside...why don't people bank? And why aren't you on my rivals list. :)

Dreno33
04-01-2012, 01:25 AM

not enough oxygen to the brain. typical in patients with one available nostril and closed mouth 24/7. Happens all the time, sleep it off. You'll be fine(:

Lars
04-01-2012, 02:54 AM
I remember it being longer than an hour.

I thought cooldown time is 2 hours: In the game data there is an entry named fight_cap_hours set to 2 for level > 8 (and 3 for lower levels). There is also an entry fight_cap_game which looks like the number of lost fights to get 'to beaten up' (10 for level > 45, lower before that) and a fight_cap_battle_list (5 for level > 40, lower before that, maybe a maximum number of successful attackers).

frenda
04-02-2012, 01:52 PM
How are you seeing the game data?