PDA

View Full Version : Drops during extra time after event ends?

Whoopdido1980
03-31-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't feel bad posting this at all because it's been this way for all 3 events and has already been discussed here, but in case anybody didn't know...if Crime City is open and running on your device as the event ends, then the event actually won't end as long as you keep the app open and running. I went to bed last night and kept the game running and now, over 12 hours later, the event is still going on and I'm still able to open boss bags.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure this is known, so I certainly don't feel like I'm spoiling anything. I don't consider it cheating either since it's been like that since the start. Am I taking advantage of a situation? Yeah, I guess, but I don't consider it cheating. For the other 2, I just kept going until the game crashed. This is the longest it's gone without crashing though.

My question is has anybody received a diamond, emerald or contrand AFTER the event officially ended and you go into "overtime" so to speak? Like I said, I'm able to open bags and have received some decent loot and some cash since the event "ended" but no contraband. I'm just wondering if, even though I'm still able to open bags, maybe it's impossible for a contraband to drop because the code for "end of event" and "10 contraband" is identical. Like even though I only have 9, since the event should have ended, the game thinks I have 10 and therefore won't drop any more contraband no matter how long I keep the game open and running.

Dravak
03-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Think the moment you get your 10th it makes contact with the server and your ap crashes .
Funny is the rest they don't care about , but think the contra band etc , they do verify .
But then again ask swifty if he got his 9th during overtime . And his ap crashed then .

Whoopdido1980
03-31-2012, 11:32 AM
If I remember correctly, the last 2 times my app crashed while I wasn't even playing it. My ipad was in sleep mode and when I went to turn it back on, it was back to my home screen so the app must have crashed while it was sleeping. Both times it didn't crash while I was opening a safe or lockbox.

Dravak
03-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Let say my app crashed when I was buying the cheap crates, so they do have a way to make your app crash.
Funny thing with MW first event , it refused to end even with shutting down app and starting it again .

But since was at 8 and 9th was bugged in MW ( gotten 9th but multi clicking in frustration made it not count )
Saved me gold and investment so must be karma lol , but the 3 hours over event there at MW ambulance.
Says to me they can control it somehow :p .

Babytway
03-31-2012, 12:12 PM
i got my 10th diamond 10t'h emerald and 10 contraband after ended and the pop up window when i got it read "STOP BRINGING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF"

Ghost818
03-31-2012, 12:18 PM
i got my 10th diamond 10t'h emerald and 10 contraband after ended and the pop up window when i got it read "STOP BRINGING ATTENTION TO YOURSELF"
Did they register though?

Soopajake
03-31-2012, 12:32 PM
really? 0.0

Boom
03-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Now their gonna fix it I bet :(

Dravak
03-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Now their gonna fix it I bet :(

If they are not too lazy , but honestly hate this new breed of gamers , they only think of exploits and cheats.

Also hate funzio cause they encourage these kind of behaviour, sorry Funzio you know why !!

Babytway
03-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Did they register though?

i was being sarcastic just because this thread is "bringing unwanted attention" to ppl who continue the event after it is over, basically if you continue the event even though its over its cheating if funzio says its cheating. they might say its not cheating now but they can change there minds later and say yes it is cheating( we've all seen funzio change there minds before) i haven't got 10 emeralds but the other two i got way before the event ended.

mnju_03
03-31-2012, 01:32 PM
Buck up buddy. (Hugs)