PDA

View Full Version : Feels like been tricked by funzio

Alice
03-30-2012, 11:34 PM
It's completely OK to let me end up with 8 CB, or even with 9.

But why gave me the 9th when I finally gave up and used Bare Hand for The First Time?

Tried the last attempt with cash again and didn't open...:(

Sorry funzio, I'm not easily seduced. Non-gold is sort of glory for me, whatever the final item is.

This is very funny:confused:

Chiefer
03-30-2012, 11:50 PM
I can do math as well. I did not fall for the trick but equally feel used and abused.

If they don't give us another opportunity for these rewards then they are biting their own tongue against imbalance.

Restore the M4-A1

youj
03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Can do math is one thing. Knowing how to do the math is something totally different..

Chiefer
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Your canadian, I don't know if your insulting me or agreeing.

I will infinately battle you if so. Once I find your wall it's over.

You could be the 239th person to troll me. Enough said.

Alice
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
To all working hard these days: have a good night and sleep well

youj
03-31-2012, 12:09 AM
Hah.

I meant, even though you may understand statistics and know how to calculate probability. Since you don't know the parameters of the algorithm or how the algorithm is set up, you cannot make any conclusion to say the events are rigged to trick you.

I have experience with programming, and I think I know how a programmer think. It would be way too complex for developers to specifically set up the algorithm so that it can be easy to some people and extremely hard to others.

I believe the algorithm is fair, but does becomes harder to progress as you accumulate the event currency.

Xira
03-31-2012, 12:52 AM
I have experience with programming, and I think I know how a programmer think. It would be way too complex for developers to specifically set up the algorithm so that it can be easy to some people and extremely hard to others

I couldn't disagree with you more. I have been professionally developing software for 12 years now, been in C.T.O. Position the last few. I have had a lot of exposure to randomization and A.I. Algorithms and it is very easy for things to go extremely wrong by using bad "seeding". Things can very easily be developed with the intent of being random, and end up not random at all. Funzio developers have already proven there "chance" based algorithms are not random at all by the recent boardwalk/farm/chance threads, I will not elaborate more for obvious reasons.

In my opinion even if they don't even know something is wrong with their code, there is. They are in need of a great Statistical analyzer to look at these event results in detail to analyze fairness/balance. That is if they even care. If people just keep buying gold, why bother.

youj
03-31-2012, 01:12 AM
I couldn't disagree with you more. I have been professionally developing software for 12 years now, been in C.T.O. Position the last few. I have had a lot of exposure to randomization and A.I. Algorithms and it is very easy for things to go extremely wrong by using bad "seeding". Things can very easily be developed with the intent of being random, and end up not random at all. Funzio developers have already proven there "chance" based algorithms are not random at all by the recent boardwalk/farm/chance threads, I will not elaborate more for obvious reasons.

In my opinion even if they don't even know something is wrong with their code, there is. They are in need of a great Statistical analyzer to look at these event results in detail to analyze fairness/balance. That is if they even care. If people just keep buying gold, why bother.

I believe you picked the wrong quote to disagree with me on.

I have not seen the recent boardwalk/farm/chance threads about why chance based algorithms are not random. Unless there is significant evidence that could point out that the algorithm is not working as designed, I don't believe the game's random algorithm is faulty. Even if it is a programming bug, I don't believe it is intentional and designed to "trick" people into spending more money, like what Chiefer was suggesting.

Xira
03-31-2012, 01:36 AM
Unless there is significant evidence that could point out that the algorithm is not working as designed.

There is absolute evidence, I just do not feel like getting banned by directing you. And I agree I doubt it is intentional. All I can say is the pve loot was not using standard randomization, and I wouldn't be surprised if something was up here as well.

Dravak
03-31-2012, 06:01 AM
If you are playing with no gold just Set your goal lower , for this one I only wanted 5 for the deviant rifle .
That I spent gold after I reached my goal , was stupid of me , but then again customer support are so nice .

Anyway the whole deal is to get you close to 10 , am playing MW event at the same time every time I get to 8 .
Knowing full well spending another bucket of gold would get me the item .

Alice it is simple don't spent gold if you don't want too , but honestly it is a company or enterprise after all
They have employee to feed , nobody works for free these days .
Cause you play a game that feels like work , is your own fault .
But don't go complaining or give in by temptation to buy gold , if you cannot afford it .
Wait till you see the people , I am seeing they like have 20 max out gold limited vechicles and then they quit .
Some people even invested around 10k $ and still quit .

So what is a small timer spenders who pay 5$ a month worth to them ?

Alice
03-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Hey Dravak, I've no intention to complain as I didn't pay for the game.

It's just so abnormal for my case, like being manipulated. Anyway it's fun, so I posted. XD

Dravak
03-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah I know spent 2-3k gold on the burner , this event spent lot less to test if the figures were the same as burner . but the 10th still costed 40 crates + 20 refresh Extra .

So the 10th is like the burner one , so if people gotten it congrats :) .
But yes you are being manipulated to buy gold .
Same deal as discount suddenly on MW before the event ends , so don't be mistaken they are manipulating.
But then again we live in a era of marketing , and marketing can sell cans of air .
Oh should I say mountain fresh dew breeze ;) .

Look important is don't go spending money you don't have, the game is still fun without gold.
Unlike other games were you are forced to compete for everything .