PDA

View Full Version : What determines values of equipment?

mob
03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
I have a general question for all of you out there. I don't understand the value of equipment and how it is not directly related to attack/defense. For example, I just purchased a grenade launcher with a stated value of 12-attack & 9-defense. Curiously, my stats did not accumulate the same number of points. In fact it added on 9-attack and just 3-defense. By the way, it was the first purchase of its kind. I understand that if ones accumulates many of the same the value might drop but for the first one???

If this is the case, then purchasing guns, armor, melee & vehicles with $ doesn't make sense or it only adds to the disporportionate value of gold and what is complimentary!

Thank you,

Mob

Nicholost
03-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Remember, each member of your mafia can bring one item from each category into battle. The game automatically assigns your best inventory and goes down the list until one of two things happens: you run out of mafia or hit max mafia, or you run out of items from that category. What you are seeing is the first case where you have more items of a category, guns in this case, than you do mafia. So when you purchase a new item, it it displaces the "equipped list" by one. You end up gaining the difference between your worst item and your new item.

So in your case, you purchased a gun with 12/9 but only gained 9/3. That means you replaced an attack gun with 3 attack and a defense gun with 6 defense. Remember, the game builds your "equipped list" differently depending on whether you are attacking or defending. There's actually a calculator out there that should help determine effectiveness of weapons and purchases. Click here: Crime City iOS Stats Calculator (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22899-Crime-City-iOS-Stats-Calculator)

mob
03-30-2012, 06:28 PM
thank you!