PDA

View Full Version : Confirm "GOLD USE" Button

mac daddy
03-30-2012, 03:27 AM
The last three times I've purchased gold, the same thing has happened.
I've accidentally completed some unintended action... completed the build on a gattling turret, reloaded my stamina, etc... all of which I would never have done. This last time, I contacted Funzio and they graciously refunded my misspent gold. Then it happened again. Don't want to contact them again for fear that they'll think I'm trying to scam the system.

Can we get some consensus in a request that the developers provide a confirmation button anytime gold is to be employed. After all, we're asked to confirm if we want to sell a building, why not gold?

Thoughts?

doomnosee
03-30-2012, 03:32 AM
completely agree - it is very frustrating. I reset timer on lockbox with 2 seconds to go lol

i need muney
03-30-2012, 04:19 AM
As if this wasnt asked 9000 times before. Every time you screw up - contact support.

doinkent
03-30-2012, 05:39 AM
completely agree - it is very frustrating. I reset timer on lockbox with 2 seconds to go lol

i dont understand this. can you not wait 5 seconds after the timer runs out and then click it? why do you ned to click it as soon as it runs out? imo this is just careless and is your fault, not that there isnt a confirmation button

Ghost818
03-30-2012, 05:46 AM
i dont understand this. can you not wait 5 seconds after the timer runs out and then click it? why do you ned to click it as soon as it runs out? imo this is just careless and is your fault, not that there isnt a confirmation button

If you look at it from your point of view, then every accidental gold mistake, makes everyone careless and makes it their fault. Just today out of routine, I thought my timer was up because the time it was usually ready(45 past the hour) had come, but I had forgotten I woke up a measly 2 minutes late the past hour and went back to sleep. When i woke up on time today, automatically, i tapped the event icon then the middle without letting it load, (when the timer is actually done, it works) but there was 2 mins and 15 seconds left. I wouldn't say I was careless but its the same situation, a measly 2 mins. Now if there was a confirmation for the gold reset, then my "carelessness" wouldn't have cost me the 15 gold I was refunded. Catch my drift?

Fricco
03-30-2012, 05:51 AM
I wouldnt call it careless either, i had a scenario similar to Ghost and tapped it with 6 sec remaining,
got my refund in less then 48 hrs....S#*t happens.

nvbealone
03-30-2012, 05:52 AM

5s delay can probably get you CB, seen?

and it is opportunity cost of 5s, seen?

doomnosee
03-30-2012, 06:02 AM
yes it was careless and it was my mistake. That is why I disn't bother asking for a refund. It is because everyone now and again makes careless mistakes that it would be nice to have a confirm button ;-)

Ghost818
03-30-2012, 06:06 AM
As doom said, it wouldn't matter if it was careless or not careless if it asked for confirmation. I believe that is the point of this thread, yes?

doinkent
03-30-2012, 07:18 AM
If you look at it from your point of view, then every accidental gold mistake, makes everyone careless and makes it their fault. Just today out of routine, I thought my timer was up because the time it was usually ready(45 past the hour) had come, but I had forgotten I woke up a measly 2 minutes late the past hour and went back to sleep. When i woke up on time today, automatically, i tapped the event icon then the middle without letting it load, (when the timer is actually done, it works) but there was 2 mins and 15 seconds left. I wouldn't say I was careless but its the same situation, a measly 2 mins. Now if there was a confirmation for the gold reset, then my "carelessness" wouldn't have cost me the 15 gold I was refunded. Catch my drift?

absolutely this is careless, you "thought". why not wait for it to load then click it? it doesnt even take long to load

Max Power
03-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Who gives a crap if it was careless? The purchase is never intentional. Since you get pop-ups for simple things like deleting a mob request, it would be really easy to incorporate this. It has been requested multiple times, and Funzio has chosen not to change it for the time being.

The only thing that would cause Funzio to change it is if the hassle of refund requests outweighs the benefits of accidentaly spent gold. Therefore, request it back every time you make a mistake, careless or not, and let Funzio decide of they want to fix it or not.

If people don't request refunds often enough, Funzio won't see it as a problem.

"Anything is possible"

TomJoad
03-30-2012, 09:28 AM
doinkent - i dont understand this. can you not wait 5 seconds after the timer runs out and then click it? why do you ned to click it as soon as it runs out? imo this is just careless and is your fault, not that there isnt a confirmation button

With all due respect for your opinion but blaming the user for losing the gold in a totally unwanted transaction denote zero understanding of this game principle and, reading it here coming from the user, is more frustrating than even losing the gold.

I also had several incidents like this.
Funzio support team was great in solving these requests, no doubt about this and all my respect for them, especially for A G , for doing a good job. However is still frustrating to keep contacting them about this.
Plus I never recovered 10 golds I lost once while I was traveling and did not have the time for back and forth messaging. I was at Starbucks at the time and somebody just passed by and hit my hand.
Was I careless?

Since the gold transactions are very rear and also the gold quantity does not really change much, I think would be a good idea to either secure the gold entirely in the setup screen such way a gold transactions cannot take place unless “secure gold” is unchecked or, even better, just bank the gold ( with no fee, sure) as you already doing with the cash.
This way the top left corner can permanently display the amount of respect you have and keep gaining during paying rather than the (static) amount of gold you have.
I have way more interest and excitement in watching my respect going up rather than my mostly zero, static or going down amount of gold.

procsyzarc
03-30-2012, 12:55 PM
I miss clicked 3 times in one day and thought stuff it there is no confirm button and put tickets for all 3,even though they were all genuine mistakes thought it would look suspicious but they refunded all 3.

Let's face it they aren't going to change it, the deliberately don't have a confirm button and deliberately put the use gold options where people will most likely click by mistake. As it is better they just deal with the tickets knowing a lot won't bother. Just look at the event how many people have been a few seconds early and accidentally reset the timer instead of using the free or in game option and then thought oh we'll not worth a ticket for 15 gold

Basically the only way it will ever be added is if every player contacts support for every single miss click. So dealing with ticket cost more than the extra money they make from mistakes

Vile Lynn
03-30-2012, 05:21 PM
The timer reset button is in the same place that an "OK" button would be... Easy to click it by accident before it is time.
Move the reset button to the top or put in a confirmation button. Easy.

Ghost818
03-30-2012, 05:33 PM
absolutely this is careless, you "thought". why not wait for it to load then click it? it doesnt even take long to load
Well that was my constructive opinion, if you disagree that is your right. However at this point it doesn't even matter if it is carelessness or not, regarding this topic, IF there was a confirmation button, then carelessness would be obsolete in this equation because gold wouldn't be "carelessly" wasted.

iteachem
03-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I would like a confirmation button as well. I have made made the mistake three times (one each event) with the timer less than 2 minutes.

Maybe careless but has me wondering how many others do that as well without requesting a refund (luckily I am just a tapjoy gold collector)

doinkent
03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Well that was my constructive opinion, if you disagree that is your right. However at this point it doesn't even matter if it is carelessness or not, regarding this topic, IF there was a confirmation button, then carelessness would be obsolete in this equation because gold wouldn't be "carelessly" wasted.

ok i do not deny there should be a confirm button, but when people know that there isnt a confirmation button and they click the cash option before it appears then this is careless. we all know there isnt a confirmation button which is why we should be careful. anyway i think we agree to disagree

procsyzarc
03-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Wouldn't be such an issue if there was no lag, however often it has registered as clicked and used the gold before it loads on screen. I play on a iPad so not a huge issue but some of the slower devices I imagine have real issues with it

Shoutzaonmyboiz
03-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Is tapjog gold refunded?
And how cone I never get helped using the support email feature in game?

mnju_03
03-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Is tapjog gold refunded?
And how cone I never get helped using the support email feature in game?

I used to use TapJoy a lot for Battle Nations and I ended up having an issue, needless to say. Yes, they have support, yes they can refund, help, solve issues... It wasn't fast by any means but it was handled to my satisfaction...

1 thing to remember is it being a free service, we are not entitled jack squat. It's all a gift in my eyes.

G Wiz
03-31-2012, 06:17 PM
Wouldn't be such an issue if there was no lag, however often it has registered as clicked and used the gold before it loads on screen. I play on a iPad so not a huge issue but some of the slower devices I imagine have real issues with itCompletely agree here...If they don't want to implement a confirm button, fix the lag.

That or move the select options around.

mac daddy
04-01-2012, 02:37 PM
How many times have folks received a gold replacement? I asked once and it was approved. I'm afraid to ask more than once, for fear that they might think I'm trying to scam the system.

i need muney
04-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Dont worry. Just contact them if you mess up again :)