PDA

View Full Version : How much gold is enough?

TooDeadly
03-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Im curious about peoples opinions on gold buying. Personally I made a decision not to buy gold until later in the game, then once I reached the low hundreds I noticed that the amount of gold being spent by many players was so high that any small amount of gold I purchased would be a waste of money and therefore a waste of effort. I wonder how much real money funzio is losing from players like myself that would spend money but dont because of the extreme amounts spent by a select few that would make your small purchase irrelevant.

I know that the aim of the game developers is to make a profit on their work, however when you consider that most full featured online MMO's can be played for under $200 per annum, it makes little sense to me to spend more than $30-$40 per annum on a decent phone game, however when you realise that there is no cap on how much advantage can be purchased on crime city and many other phone games for that matter, you quickly lose the appetite for spending even a single cent as it will prove fruitless and not provide a level playing field. I would personally spend a small amount if it gave me a level playing field but as it doesn't I dont spend anything at all. Am I the only one thinking that funzio could retain many more players that would spend if the playing field was more level. How many potential money spending players give the game up as a result of this lack of level playing field?

Ghost818
03-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Hey lol look who it is :D Welcome to the forum buddy.

Nudie
03-30-2012, 02:06 AM
Enough gold to do what?
CC is such that you can play with zero gold up to unlimited gold.
You can still be competitive in your own "gold range" but don't expect to win against a heavyweight if you are a featherweight gold-wise.

Burn
03-30-2012, 02:23 AM
Recent convert to Gold.

1 purchase per month, as a treat on payday, amount dependent on how i feel.

I don't see it as money wasted on a game, i see it as money spent on entertainment. As long as the game entertains me, it is as viable for me as paying for cable tv, pay per view sports, going out to shoot pool etc,.

ruffy
03-30-2012, 02:36 AM
i have spent almost 500 bucks, and not going to spend anymore.

Why? pixels after all. rather enjoy the money elsewhere. and for 500 bucks i m pretty strong with 39k attack 42k defense. can even rob some lvl 200 easily.

slackerboy
03-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Odd!

How much money are you willing to part with? This will determine how much gold is enough!

Gold is addictive and like a drug, once you have a lot of it and start spending it and seeing the rewards. You will want more.

Dravak
03-30-2012, 05:47 AM
Honestly it is a pay to win game , if you want fair playing ground , then don't play any pay to win game .
If you want to spent gold then spent gold , but don't pretend you are able to win in a pay to win game .
By just spending a lousy 100 , 2nd life showed online how much people were willing to spent .
Makes CC spending look like nothing .

Ghost818
03-30-2012, 06:04 AM
When I first started playing this game, I was like haha, why would I ever spend that much money for virtual gold. Tapjoy gave us all the taste of gold. When you see you are running out you feel you need more, like slacker said its like a drug. So far I have used over 9 $100 iTunes Gift Cards, that were just laying around in my drawers, presents I have received but never used over the years. This number doesn't even include the multiple number of times I bought more with my credit card.

Dravak
03-30-2012, 06:31 AM
Offcourse gold is addictive , but what I like from CC is that there is no need to buy gold , unless you want too.
See what is there to lose even if all buildings get robbed you still get 30% of the money .
They cannot kill your stats aside from explosives , if people invest in this game it is cause they want too.

Now take example MW refuse to invest into that , cause end game is who ever has more money wins there .
They can totally ruin your army , economy , now that is a drug , since sooner or later you will run into a bigger money spender , and you are forced to give up or overspent .

There is no other choice , here in CC who cares you are not forced to compete with anyone , unless you want too.

mnju_03
03-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Hello my name is Michael and I have a problem, I buy gold, a lot. I waste it too. I can't help myself!

Nicholost
03-30-2012, 05:52 PM
TooDeadly, a little late now, but I would suggest reversing your logic. That is, spend your small amount of gold very early on and dominate the field until you get to a level where your investment is comparatively very small. At that point, either accept that you had a good run at it and glory days are over and continue, or bow out knowing that you got your money's worth early on. That strategy would give you the most bang for your budget. Unfortunately, you wouldn't know that until you reach the upper levels, so it's an unfortunate trial by fire. Sorry, bud.

Alice
03-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Hello my name is Alice and I NEVER buy any gold, not even after I've tasted gold from Tapjoy (actually just got tired of tapjoy and gave up). Don't worry about funzio, they are good at making money.

Theoretically you can still reach 60K att with RP items and beat/rob a lot of gold players, that'll be fun isn't it?