PDA

View Full Version : Allies only mean (1) thing...Food for thought

Jatilmon
03-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Is it just me or does no one else realize that your ally army size, offensive stats nor defensive stats means NOTHING. All an ally is; is a number (1) which allows you yourself to bring to battle (4) extra units, YOUR UNITS!!! So that ally you add is not helping you in any other way, so all these guys posting and boasting the size and strength of their armies are irrelevant to you and your army beside allowing you to bring an extra four units to the fight.

Everyone knows the equation lvl*4*5 which is your level * 5 allies per level * 4 unit each ally allows you to bring. So if you are on level 10 multiply that by 5 = 50 then by 4 = 200. You can take 200 units into battle. You and only you, which means if you only have 100 units that's all you can take allies WILL NOT make up the difference.

So just so everyone is clear on this, an ally just means 4 extra units for you, it doesn't mean they will help you in any other way.

And all you guys posting those nice stats it only means something to you it doesn't help your fellow player, for one thing if I add you and you say you have 600+ allies that does not mean that, that 600 is now apart of my allies I still would have to add every single of of them. Nor does your offense or defense help me, it's only for you.

Thunder Child
03-29-2012, 06:02 PM
... good to have some clarification!

JMC
03-29-2012, 07:16 PM
No idea who said that, pretty sure everyone already knew that already.

Luke7676
03-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I have seen it before on others walls.. It's all just for fun and to act like it makes a difference.. I guess to make allying sound better or more fun.. Idk... But like you said jmc I think everyone knows already.. They just try to make it more fun I guess..

Agent Orange
03-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I would hope by now that folks realize that their allies stats have absolutely no bearing on their own or what they take into battle.

Not sure what you mean in that last sentence though since those nice stats are a factor of the equation you quoted and I am seeing some players with artificially low ally counts but high number of units which are not being factored into the equation because they are not being utilized unless that is actually by design. Plus the fact that currently the maximum useable number of allies is 500 at level 100 and anything after that is not used to bring in additional units since you are capped at 2000 units.

The number of allies you have does factor into how the game calculates who winds up on your rivals list however and some players seem to want to have artificially low allies counts to keep them off the radar screens of more powerful players which works right up to level 90 at which point these players with the really low ally counts get slaughtered.