PDA

View Full Version : Need help building my army

Njwmrb
03-29-2012, 04:07 PM
I have spent my time focusing on my economy in this game and now I find that I have a very weak army compared to my rivals, I earn money quickly though and I just need to know what units I should be buying to optimize my army. I am level 81 if that matters.

Thanks

War Priest
03-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I have spent my time focusing on my economy in this game and now I find that I have a very weak army compared to my rivals, I earn money quickly though and I just need to know what units I should be buying to optimize my army. I am level 81 if that matters.

Thanks

You need attack and defense units, so keep that in mind.

But first off. How many allies do you have, and do you have most of the units unlocked?

Aidan
03-29-2012, 04:35 PM
In addition to WP qs, we need to know wht country r u playing as, wht is ur income like, wht is ur current attack n def stat. I'm level 82, so i might be able to help with a thing or two if others havent do so tomorrow. European time here n it's sleeping time 💤

digitalwalker
03-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Thanks

I am wondering how could u focusing on ecomonics without having a strong (at least defending) army. A definition of a strong ecomonics must have defined prior of having a strong defending army.

I think in ur word of strong economics probably are have many high lvls of money buildings that do not require large amount of cash to upgrade or build. And the income of those buildings won't sustain a strong army. So, ur focusing priorities are not quite right.

In general. One should more focusing build up defending army initially, then ecomonics, and then attacking army.

Depending on what stage u r in, u should buy different type of units in different stages. To optimize ur cash/army, You should better buy units from ur own country. And units selections are different from each country.

JMC
03-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Best to buy units that are either concentrated in attack or defence. There's plenty for defence so buy one that is in your nation bonus. Sea scout/global hawk drone/military ambulance.

Most of the infantry have decent offense, the cash units i've been buying for offense are bio warfare troops, can also go with commandos. I have demolitions unlocked but as far as i know they are the only units in the game with "very high" casualty rate. So im not sure if i'd want to buy something for 200K each that is going to die all the time.

Apart from that, anyone at that level has probably accumulated a lot of valor units. If you weren't doing your valor missions during this time and only leveling up off missions, you're gonna have a hard time getting valor, but you're gonna need it.

Thunder Child
03-30-2012, 01:06 AM
JMC, where would you put your money for non-infantry offensive units... None gold purchases and not valor, and assuming all units available?

bilbo baggins
03-30-2012, 05:00 AM
I had the same trouble was losing units like crazy.

Got rid of all my allies bar three (have 35 added from boxes/crates/level ups) so have 38.

My attack is 4.5K def 4K and am only losing about 2 units every 50 battles have won loads of good stuff too.

Once my army is back strong I will use 50 gold on VIPS and carry on where I left off.

Thunder Child
03-30-2012, 05:04 AM
What level you at BB? Are others of same level around you with low allies?

bilbo baggins
03-30-2012, 05:07 AM
What level you at BB? Are others of same level around you with low allies?

Lvl 82 most are around 40-50 allies however there are quite a lot below 10. all players either 81 or 82 level

Thunder Child
03-30-2012, 05:20 AM
Do you expect things will change when you hit level 90?

bilbo baggins
03-30-2012, 06:37 AM

It has not happened yet and I started the "experiment" on level 76.

Agent Orange
03-30-2012, 07:00 AM

Well what will change is that those of us valor whores are going to be looking for soft targets like him. Granted many just attack and don't raid but if he's got tasty money buildings he's going to get it from both sides.

stricker
03-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Well what will change is that those of us valor whores are going to be looking for soft targets like him. Granted many just attack and don't raid but if he's got tasty money buildings he's going to get it from both sides.True, so true... AO!
attacks = 2650/79
raids = 387/6

bilbo baggins
03-30-2012, 08:38 AM
who is him? Me or someone else?

stricker
03-30-2012, 08:48 AM
...i think AO was using the pronoun ('he, him'0 as a generic reference to any possible opponent one would consider attacking/raiding.

Njwmrb
03-30-2012, 08:49 AM
In addition to WP qs, we need to know wht country r u playing as, wht is ur income like, wht is ur current attack n def stat. I'm level 82, so i might be able to help with a thing or two if others havent do so tomorrow. European time here n it's sleeping time 

I'm playing as Russia and my income is 210k an hour but a useful 210k an hour, I didn't waste my time upgrading Supply Depots or buildings that have hourly output I invested my upgrades into buildings that I can get the full value of like the buildings that have daily outputs or output every 2 days.

I have 377 allies and my stats are Attack: 7,603 Deffense: 9,782 and these are very poor stats for my level and ally count, its difficult for me to find a player I can beat.

I have the basic buildings all to level 8 (barracks, air base, war factory, and ship yard) but the advanced unit buildings are only at level 2. I will be upgrading these buildings for a few weeks while i replace the buildings I had to sell to buy my nanotech factories so just let me know which buildings I should upgrade

So it sounds like Global hawk drones for defense? should I not worry about causalty rates because I was originally leaning towards Spectre Gunships soley because they have a low casualty rate.

And what should I buy for offense?

Bronson
03-30-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm playing as Russia and my income is 210k an hour but a useful 210k an hour, I didn't waste my time upgrading Supply Depots or buildings that have hourly output I invested my upgrades into buildings that I can get the full value of like the buildings that have daily outputs or output every 2 days.

I have 377 allies and my stats are Attack: 7,603 Deffense: 9,782 and these are very poor stats for my level and ally count, its difficult for me to find a player I can beat.

I have the basic buildings all to level 8 (barracks, air base, war factory, and ship yard) but the advanced unit buildings are only at level 2. I will be upgrading these buildings for a few weeks while i replace the buildings I had to sell to buy my nanotech factories so just let me know which buildings I should upgrade

So it sounds like Global hawk drones for defense? should I not worry about causalty rates because I was originally leaning towards Spectre Gunships soley because they have a low casualty rate.

And what should I buy for offense?

Wih all that cash you shouldn't have much problems getting the high end units. As your Russia stick to air units and look for ospreys or vipers at the advanced air base.

Also if you do get a lot of high end units drop some allies to get under 100 that way you fight with less units and the higher ones will give you a better boost.

If you have any Valor get super hornets

Aidan
03-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Okay u obviously hv low stat. Need to get att n def to 20k.
I suggest u concentrate on air unit. Go all air unit. This tactic however is lil bit vulnerable if u encounter plyr like AO who specifically target this type of unit with his def. But then again u wont encounter plyr like him everyday wont u.

Fr attck, just buy a lot of warthog fr now (i hv 400 of them tho only 13 of them r brought to battle now). Dont mind the high unit first as it is too costly n u wont be able to buy loads of them anyway even with ur income. Spectre gunship is good bt 10 of those r going to cost u 1.6m. U cnt attck people coz of the low stat so getting the high priced unit is out if qs. Try to aim to get warthog ur lowesTt unit u bring to battle. Later when u hv bulk up, u cn go fr high quality unit. Unit frm advanced building r the best to go for.

Fr def i'd say go with hawk drone,sea scout n ambulance. Lots of them. Initially however i think u should buy medic like 200 or so to boosts ur def a bit. Later when u r strong n cn attck/raid others fr money go with stealth drone.

From ur stat, i cn guess tht u hv low count of super hornet. Do all valor missions available n buy hornets. This is ur only best bet as a free plyr. Without it, ur army wont be strong enuf. I hv like 335 of them n they do make a diff.

Now u hv a choice to stay at full allies or go low count strat. I strongly suggest u go low since rite now u cnt compete with other plyrs in ur current rival list. Once u get there dont do attck. Do raid instead. At ur lvl n at this time, most plyr hv max vault anyway. U wont make money with the current casualties. I'm now running at half allies with 20k att at lvl 82 n when i attck plyrs tht hv 7k n lower i will nt suffer any casualties. It's a diff story tho when i was running at full allies as i will still lose unit even if i attckd plyr tht hv 3k def. So for plyrs like u who want to build their army n not losing them, low ally strat is the way to go. Fr u i suggest go as low as 50 n build ur army frm there. Only raid plyrs wif much lower def thn ur attck fr u to hv zero casualties.

On the building upgrade, since u alrdy hv them all at lvl 8, i'd say just continue upgrading ur income buildings or ur hangar boosts. Always alternate the building when upgrading rather thn just keep upgrading 1 building to lvl 10. If u hv the def boosts building, upgrade this as well. Immediately.

Gd luck n i'm sure others will chip in their insight as well. Player like digitalwalker,AO n JMC fr example r a vry good plyr to learn from.

Freekizh
03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
This is probably a question for the low allies guys - if you have a concentrated number of specific units, e.g., 30-40% of your army of one type of attacking unit, do you find that these get destroyed quicker, even though you have meat shields of lower units?

I have the habit of loading up on one type of unit, but then these just get demolished as I seem to have too much of them. Does this mean the casualty algorithm is punishing the largest type of units? Or is it my imagination?

digitalwalker
03-30-2012, 06:37 PM
This is probably a question for the low allies guys - if you have a concentrated number of specific units, e.g., 30-40% of your army of one type of attacking unit, do you find that these get destroyed quicker, even though you have meat shields of lower units?

I have the habit of loading up on one type of unit, but then these just get demolished as I seem to have too much of them. Does this mean the casualty algorithm is punishing the largest type of units? Or is it my imagination?

There is no intended punishment for higher loses if u bulk up one type unit

It is all probabilistic in nature. Suppose u r allowed to grab only one ball from a basket which contains 9 red balls,1green balls. U will get red ball most of the time.

Same for the units, if u have more, then they appears loss more often, but, bare in mind, this is not due to extra punishment or other mechanism. Simpliy probability.

Luke7676
03-30-2012, 07:03 PM
There is no intended punishment for higher loses if u bulk up one type unit

It is all probabilistic in nature. Suppose u r allowed to grab only one ball from a basket which contains 9 red balls,1green balls. U will get red ball most of the time.

Same for the units, if u have more, then they appears loss more often, but, bare in mind, this is not due to extra punishment or other mechanism. Simpliy probability.

You hit it right on the nose DW. I believe that 100% and really it should be common sense for most. But I guess ya never know :) it's always good to ask if your not sure about something.

Freekizh
03-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks DW, Luke - maybe I was pi$$Ed seeing so many of my units nuked that I was paranoid :) maybe just too much raiding heh

Aidan
03-31-2012, 04:40 AM

Digital explained it vry well. Absolutely correct.
Just wud like to add a bit. With the low ally strat, if u greatly overpower ur rival, u wont hv any casualties. So u need to pick ur battle. Dont attck/raid plyrs tht hv mote thn 50% of ur attck. Learned this frm digi master. I remember when i was bringing an all super hornet army to battle, i rarely lose unit, max is 1 unit. Of coz when i do lose unit, it's gonna be hornet but all the valors tht i received pretty much make it up bck. I even managed to up my hornet count plus all the money tht was used to increase my army density coz there'll be a time when u hv to move towards full ally.