PDA

View Full Version : Funzio? Scam-zio!(Scams you)

03-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Perhaps some people may disagree with me but I find it extremely pathetic that Funzio is trying to rip people off with a scam disguised as an event. The drop rate of titanium bars of the previous event and secret documents for the current one will most likely remain unknown to the public but it is obvious that it is manipulated in such a way so that acquiring 10 without spending gold is virtually impossible. The drop rate not only dramatically decreases after a certain number(7 for the previous event, 5 for this one in my case), it comes to a halt. Comparing the data pool generated by opening a box/briefcase every hour except for 8 hours of sleep a day for both events with a medium chance option to that of others who spent gold to acquire the last bars/documents they needed, I firmly believe that it is impossible to acquire these items beyond a certain number without spending gold due to the significantly higher drop rate when you spend gold. It is one thing to make money off of a game but it is a completely different story trying to lure people to spend real cash with a fraudulent scheme.

Of course Funzio probably knows that there are enough impatient people who fed them easy cash for a shot at some digital pixels... and expect/hope that enough of them will do the same at another 'event'. What they may never know however, is that such cheap, quick scams won't keep many customers around for very long.

bigflan
03-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Dude lots of people have got the ten docs without gold it's a luck event or there is a specific way to get it their not going to tell us so everyone can get 10 docs people who choose to spend gold spend it with the fact they might not get a doc I do agree with you funzio is trying to get money but it's a chance for people who don't use gold to get free indestructible units so it's a win win situation for both sides AND DUDE Don't excepect to get the 10 docs easily you have to have some luck and be determined to get it or use gold but seriously IT'S JUST A GAME

jon_funzio
03-29-2012, 10:30 AM
That is one way to look at it, of course you could choose to view it as an event where you:
- with a little patience are guaranteed to get three indestructible units, 7 secret documents is relatively easy to obtain, just using in-game cash (not real money)
- have a chance of getting a super duper unit with a massive bonus to upgrade times.
- have a chance to effectively "purchase" extra money ($250k, $1.25m drops anyone?), valor (500x multiple times) and powerful units (typhoons etc) for the cost of level x $1000.
- have some fun; events like this encourage more PvP attacks, make you pick your PvE attacks more wisely and cause people to rethink their strategies.

It is a given that an event such as this will encourage people to use gold to obtain the tenth secret document, but the forums are littered with people who have already achieved that without spending any gold.

Rather than talking about scams, you may question why Funzio should not try and monetise this franchise, they are a business, their aim is to make money, and we get to have fun while they try to achieve that. It is, ultimately, every individuals free will that dictates whether or not they spend money on this game, if you really want a 20% boost in upgrade time (I want it, but not enough to spend much *real* cash on it) then feel free to do so, but no one is forcing you to. Ultimately, you need to remember this is a game, it's meant to be fun; so try to enjoy yourself!

Warfiend
03-29-2012, 10:58 AM
It's the reality of human nature that some people who compete for a prize and fail to get that prize will feel they were unfairly treated in some way, no matter how fair the competition might actually be.

Sepi
03-29-2012, 11:08 AM
It's the reality of human nature that some people who compete for a prize and fail to get that prize will feel they were unfairly treated in some way, no matter how fair the competition might actually be.

+1

You nailed it, Warfiend.

War Priest
03-29-2012, 11:21 AM
I like how they created another account with numbers because they know there going to get banned.

The dumb people are finally getting a little smarter!