PDA

View Full Version : Test of surviving as non-gold player in the new crime city

Alice
03-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Recently I've been building a new character in my ipad3 as a purely non-gold player (spend 10 gold for a sidewalk cherry and that's it), trying my ideas of surviving and growing up.

how good a non-gold player could theoretically be?
RP items are always better than cash items. Assuming x500 each elite RP items and x500 explosives. The attacking score will be about 60k, enough to beat many players including some gold players.

Here are the strategies:
(welcome to join me @ 803 769 543)

1. Focus on PVP

First of all, this is about surviving, not about growing to be the strongest. The key is to find weak players and beat them hard. If I've got trouble from stronger players, just ignore them.

The goal is to collect RP and buy RP items while looting from PVP. After rusty M4A1, energy farming is worthless. PVP loot items are much better, especially at low levels. Assuming loot rate of 1/10, that means 10 successful PVP and 30 min stamina recovery. Within 30 min, the recovered energy is only enough for 1 BSG farm attempt.

PVP tip: 99% change to win if rival def < 2/3 your att, works better if rival att score < 2/3 rival def, as in such case, def always came from def buildings and do not contribute much in fight.
Rob tip: rob when rival def <= your att, could fail but that won't hurt much.

Camping: not necessary, as long as I could find weak players to beat, I always try to level up fast, trying to unlock higher level RP items asap.

Explosives: explosives are not for rich guys only, with two lv 5+ Laundromat, anyone can max molotov cocktail. Attack explosives will not be consumed if got beaten by other players, and will not noticeably be consumed when beating weak players.

2. Skill points:

att/def: put ~5 into att/def each since low level, most low level players only got 1/1 att/def, so take advantage of this.
energy: not priority
stamina: increase stamina until 50+. priority.

3. Missions to follow

1) First of all, of course focus on PVP missions.
2) Ignore building level up missions, funzio always ask you to build/level-up the worst money-buildings.
3) Do not follow map missions too often as they destroy your economy. master to level 5 before moving to the next area.

4. RP items
5*Combat Boots -> 10 mustang -> save 2000 rp for mission -> NVB(lv32) -> swap-off(lv41?) -> CW(lv59) -> RPG(lv100) -> elexro(lv115)

3. Buildings
Economy goes first, the best defense against robbing is collect in time, so spending a lot of money in defensive buildings are not necessary, a few guard towers are enough. Type A buildings goes first, I always upgrade Laundromats. Save money for MT and Lofts also. Do not build cash buildings in missions.

4. events
Always use cash option to get 7/10 and quit, or try not to be desperated in case of not getting the end event item. At level 81+, the first three items worth at least 200 gold if used for crates, it's like free gold items for non-gold players and is easy to collect. The end event item usually requires huge amount of gold.

Results so far (in about five days playing)

level: 43; mafia 120; att/def: 2.4k/2.6k; income: 6k/hr
Fights won/lost: 2240/164; Rob won/lost: 554/56
Contraband: 7/10

PVP Loot ( just take a look that how many good items we could loot from players)

Guns:
Bloody AK 15/11 x1
M4 Shotgun 9/8 x2
M14 Sniper Rifle 9/7 x5
Steyr AUG 7/6 x12
Hunting Rifle 5/3 x26
Colt 45 2/4 x57

Melee:
Butterfly 5/5 x35
Pocket Knife 3/1 x12

Armor:
Police Armor 5/14 x4
Wrestler Mask 4/7 x10
Army Helmet 3/6 x22
Green Beret 2/3 x7

Vehicles: nothing yet

This is just the by-product of PVP missions, but at my level, they effectively filled the gap, make it possible to level up while continue to beat higher level players and unlock ultimate RP items.

I'm gotta take a break with this account now and focus on my main account Alice.

Santa
03-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Nice job, Alice! Account looks great so far!

DougVan
03-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Currently a none gold player at level 140 and I still have decent stats even though pretty much everyone around me has some gold items... Will you collect TJ gold? If so use on crates or buildings? Does the lack of M4 make you reconsider the sawn off? Good luck!!

Joeycool
03-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Get you with your iPad 3!!! ;)

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Alice, you forgot to mention that this new character has the best name of any CC player... ever.

Alice
03-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Alice, you forgot to mention that this new character has the best name of any CC player... ever.

posting the mafia code here already exposed me to great risk...cannot afford having to leave again...At least you know the fun:p

Alice
03-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Get you with your iPad 3!!! ;)

Bought that for my mother, can't keep it forever though...

Alice
03-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Currently a none gold player at level 140 and I still have decent stats even though pretty much everyone around me has some gold items... Will you collect TJ gold? If so use on crates or buildings? Does the lack of M4 make you reconsider the sawn off? Good luck!!

In my Alice account I did collect some TJ gold, upgraded to Goodfella, bought one ice cream and one basketball, burnt the rest for event 2 with nothing. No crates, no high level gold buildings. I'm not gotta TJ anymore and nothing in my inventory will be a gold item:p.

In this new account, absolutely non-gold, not even TJ

as for sawn-off, I collect RPG instead. I've got 140 M4A1 before nerf.