PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone..

jmeijer
03-28-2012, 08:04 AM
that has spent gold to get more mafia members?

Swifty
03-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Several people have reported that they did it by accident.

I hope Funzio gave them their gold back.

Fig Oni
03-28-2012, 08:10 AM
My friend added one by accident and didn't bother getting a refund he had over 600 mafias any way.

So does that count.

Joeycool
03-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Yep. this guy did...

http://veritasaculeus.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/stupid.jpg

Sir Daniel
03-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes, several by mistake, all refunded. Fairly pointless unless henchman offer hidden advantages, I have not seen any short of a henchman not being able to dump you from their mafia.

duelblade
03-28-2012, 10:25 AM
I added one by mistake but never got a refund...I guess i really don't care since im now at 0 gold and there wouldn't be anything worth buying.

mnju_03
03-28-2012, 12:14 PM
I haven't yet but, I'm sure I will sooner or later. As a mistake of course. :P

jobadass
03-28-2012, 12:25 PM
I almost took a poke at saying I did to get to 499, but fear that noone would find that funny, and I would be shunned by the entire CC forum community. So I'm not going to say that.

mnju_03
03-28-2012, 12:27 PM
I almost took a poke at saying I did to get to 499, but fear that noone would find that funny, and I would be shunned by the entire CC forum community. So I'm not going to say that.

For my luck I'd reply with a "lol" and we would both wind up missing.

Pluxfan
03-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Surprise surprise once again no one listen to Plux well listen here henchman superior to human mafia just think about it. Use your brain.

jobadass
03-28-2012, 12:30 PM
For my luck I'd reply with a "lol" and we would both wind up missing.
ya...don't do that.
But to stay on topic, I never did, but I never carried much gold so I don't think I could have done it by accident. Got all of my mafia throughrating the app on iTunes and in game requests.

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Surprise surprise once again no one listen to Plux well listen here henchman superior to human mafia just think about it. Use your brain.

Tried and failed. I can only come up with 2.5 advantages to using henchmen over human mafia, but I don't find them powerful enough to warrant the 17g cost.
1) Henchmen will never unexpectedly leave you mafia.
1a) Henchmen will never leave your mafia and turn around and attack/rob you.
2) Using henchmen creates a larger pool of rivals for you to attack/rob. However, maintaining over 1000 mafia will accomplish the same, so it's kind of a moot point.

jobadass
03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
Tried and failed. I can only come up with 2.5 advantages to using henchmen over human mafia, but I don't them powerful enough to warrant the 17g cost.
1) Henchmen will never unexpectedly leave you mafia.
1a) Henchmen will never leave your mafia and turn around and attack you.
2) Using henchmen creates a larger pool of rivals for you to attack/rob. However, maintaining over 1000 mafia will accomplish the same, so it's kind of a moot point.

Please explain #2 in more detail or post a link. That may be the reason to get my mafia back up. seriously

deuces
03-28-2012, 12:54 PM
having 1000+ mafia, you will see your mafia members on your rival last, even tho they may not.

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Please explain #2 in more detail or post a link. That may be the reason to get my mafia back up. seriously

If you have above 1000 (I think that's the cutoff) mafia, you can fight your own mafia. Some say that's a bug, some a feature, but no one knows for sure. I contend that it's a feature. As unlikely as it seems, there is a chance a user could invite everyone in his bracket into his mafia. If that happened, there wouldn't be any opponents. Without knowing how many players would take to CC, the devs implemented a feature that allows a player's own mafia to show up on the rivals list if that person has more than 1000 mafia. Someone step in and correct me if I am wrong, but that's my understanding.

jobadass
03-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Thank you. That doesn't sound appealing to me. I was trained to avoid friendly fire. It does explain a lot of the "hey, you're in my mafia, why are you attacking me?" posts I've seen on others' walls

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Thank you. That doesn't sound appealing to me. I was trained to avoid friendly fire. It does explain a lot of the "hey, you're in my mafia, why are you attacking me?" posts I've seen on others' walls

There's also a bug that comes along with having over 1000 mafia. It has something to do with the members becoming invisible or something. I don't really know. Swifty has first-hand experience with this, so maybe he will chime in.

jobadass
03-28-2012, 01:14 PM
There's also a bug that comes along with having over 1000 mafia. It has something to do with the members becoming invisible or something. I don't really know. Swifty has first-hand experience with this, so maybe he will chime in.
I'll PM him and ask him to comment at some point if he doesn't.

Swifty
03-28-2012, 02:47 PM
The ghost mafia bug can emerge when you have 1000+ mafia and then delete to less than 1000 mafia.

If the bug hits you, then you cannot see and therefore cannot visit your mafia.