PDA

View Full Version : 11th Hour Gold Sale

Thunder Child
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Just out of (perverse) interest, how would a last gasp gold sale be seen by current eventers?

Luke7676
03-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Just out of (perverse) interest, how would a last gasp gold sale be seen by current eventers?

A great opportunity for funzio to make a lot of extra cash :) cause I'd be buying.. good time to have a sale. It would make a lot more revenue for them during this event.. Granted they are making money from it anyway.. I think they would make more if they enticed us even more with a sale.

Njwmrb
03-30-2012, 12:02 PM
HAHA they did it!

Luke7676
03-30-2012, 12:07 PM
HAHA they did it!

Yes they did! Now if only I can make it to 8 maybe 9 docs I am buying some. But I bought last event and didn't get one bar with the gold I bought. But more then likely I'll buy some anyway.. But may not use it on event unless I get another doc before hand.

Augustorm
03-30-2012, 12:11 PM
and i bought gold 2 days earlier.......
i think i just got trolled by the game.

Luke7676
03-30-2012, 12:14 PM
and i bought gold 2 days earlier.......
i think i just got trolled by the game.

Hehe sorry man. Patience is key my friend.

SoloAxis
03-30-2012, 12:22 PM
I saw this one coming come.... Haha I just bought 1500 gold YESTERDAY?!!!!!

SoloAxis
03-30-2012, 12:39 PM
1100 gold later........ Success, and a turn up a"" hole. I'm done for now hahaha

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 12:42 PM
I saw this one coming come.... Haha I just bought 1500 gold YESTERDAY?!!!!!

Same here. Looks like I'm buying another 1500 :)

Jp lfs
03-30-2012, 12:45 PM
I had some random guy start an all out war on me a couple days ago. I don't think he has slept in at least 72 hours because the attacking and raiding have been incessant. So I bought a BUNCH of gold over the past couple days to try to beef up enough to make it too costly for him to keep destroying my base every few minutes. Hasn't worked yet, either! And NOW they put on a sale!

stricker
03-30-2012, 01:23 PM

A great opportunity for funzio to make a lot of extra cash :) cause I'd be buying.. good time to have a sale. It would make a lot more revenue for them during this event.. Granted they are making money from it anyway.. I think they would make more if they enticed us even more with a sale.
BAH HA HA HAH!!!! time to put your money where your mouth is!!!! ...PAY UP BUDDY!!!

btw luke, i know a pretty good liayr if things get worst w/the wife!!!! (seriously, kidding though)
i had to check back in w/you guys after that sale popped up on my phone! LOL..
way to go fun-z-e-o!

Agent Orange
03-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I had some random guy start an all out war on me a couple days ago. I don't think he has slept in at least 72 hours because the attacking and raiding have been incessant. So I bought a BUNCH of gold over the past couple days to try to beef up enough to make it too costly for him to keep destroying my base every few minutes. Hasn't worked yet, either! And NOW they put on a sale!

Contact support if it was very recent, they might be able to do something for you. They have done this in the past for people, be polite and state you case you might just get a refund.

Hello Kitty
03-30-2012, 01:57 PM
BAH HA HA HAH!!!! time to put your money where your mouth is!!!! ...PAY UP BUDDY!!!

btw luke, i know a pretty good liayr if things get worst w/the wife!!!! (seriously, kidding though)
i had to check back in w/you guys after that sale popped up on my phone! LOL..
way to go fun-z-e-o!

I'm going for 2 hits: for next week's new limited edition and any cool Easter PINK plane.

stricker
03-30-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm going for 2 hits: for next week's new limited edition and any cool Easter PINK plane.kitty... now that might bring a whole new meaning to "playing with your food!" ;p

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22502-Nanotech-factory&p=148502&viewfull=1#post148502

Colonelbob
03-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Well the sale got me, that and the desire to get the 20% chopper.

War Priest
03-30-2012, 02:57 PM
A gold sale! :)

Colonelbob
03-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Yup although if I use all of the gold I bought and still don't get that chopper you can be pretty sure I won't be buying again.

I guess of course the opposite is true. If I do get the chopper they will have created a new way for me to feed my addiction . . . Hmmm. Better hide the credit cards.

Thunder Child
03-30-2012, 03:05 PM
This was on the cards from before the event began! Funzio have an awesome business head... Trouble is, next event people are going to be second guessing them all over again. My money says there will NOT be gold sale next event, and that there will be people crying at the 11th hour for very different reasons.....

Hello Kitty
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
This was on the cards from before the event began! Funzio have an awesome business head... Trouble is, next event people are going to be second guessing them all over again. My money says there will NOT be gold sale next event, and that there will be people crying at the 11th hour for very different reasons.....

Technically it's the 28th or so hour gold event.

Col.34w
03-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Hypothetically speaking, how much gold should you expect to buy to obtain the Chopper with two docs left? I have 32 hours left and have not even been able to open a briefcase since yesterday morning using game cash open attempts. I thought the "medium chance" stayed at consistent odds while the chance of obtaining a doc with an open case dminished as you get more of them. I had been opening quite a few cases for the first few days and seemed like 50-50 with random loot and cash opening them....rant....Back to my question..what would you guys think the odds would be of getting the chopper paying for 20 gold opens needing doc 9 and 10?

War Priest
03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Hypothetically speaking, how much gold should you expect to buy to obtain the Chopper with two docs left? I have 32 hours left and have not even been able to open a briefcase since yesterday morning using game cash open attempts. I thought the "medium chance" stayed at consistent odds while the chance of obtaining a doc with an open case dminished as you get more of them. I had been opening quite a few cases for the first few days and seemed like 50-50 with random loot and cash opening them....rant....Back to my question..what would you guys think the odds would be of getting the chopper paying for 20 gold opens needing doc 9 and 10?

Without resetting times probably 150. Somewhere around there. Who knows, you could get them on your first two gold tries.

Hello Kitty
03-30-2012, 03:25 PM

I just got #10 a couple of hours ago with medium chance. There is still time. There is not enough data to calculate odds, but here's a data point for you: my friend spent 1500 gold and jumped from 7 to 10 docs today (used gold to reset timers and open briefcases).

Colonelbob
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
I just got #10 a couple of hours ago with medium chance. There is still time. There is not enough data to calculate odds, but here's a data point for you: my friend spent 1500 gold and jumped from 7 to 10 docs today (used gold to reset timers and open briefcases).Did you notice an actual 20% decrease in your upgrade times?

Hello Kitty
03-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Did you notice an actual 20% decrease in your upgrade times?

Yes, I used it right away. But before I did, I clicked on several buildings to check the times and it's real. Calculates it in the numbers before you buy.

Colonelbob
03-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Very cool. Hopefully I will manage to snag one. Open open open

Hello Kitty
03-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Very cool. Hopefully I will manage to snag one. Open open open

Definitely. I wish it did land expansions too. Crossing my fingers for you! I added you as an ally Col. Bob. :) Will drop another if you accept.

Colonelbob
03-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Will defiantly add you when it pops through.

Col.34w
03-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Got my Chopper! I spent 400 gold since last night opening cases going from 8 docs until just now when I got my tenth..I guess I cant be considered a free player anymore! A least I got it on sale.

Coolio
04-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Waste of time buying gold. Sad people. Save your money instead and do something decent with it

Thunder Child
04-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Waste of time buying gold. Sad people. Save your money instead and do something decent with it
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, Coolio, there's really no need to be offensive (cf. "sad people") in this way.

Col.34w
04-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Not really. I had fun gambling with my forty bucks spent. I played for almost twelve hours of opening cases
and I got my chopper. Last time I was in Vegas at a blakjack table forty bucks lasted about as long as my first lay.

Thunder Child
04-23-2012, 03:18 AM
I posted this about 4 weeks ago, and pretty much hit the mark. Now with the minutes ticking down on the units released last week and a new event imminent, I'm going to stick my head up and foretell that a gold sale is coming; a gold triple bill covering old units, new units and a new event. If I'm wrong, hey, I'm just a man! But if I'm right, how godlike will Thunder Child suddenly seem?

Romaro
04-23-2012, 05:01 AM
Can't wait good sale coming:)

Thunder Child
04-24-2012, 02:32 AM
A wise sage recently said, "Bump the thread, and ye shall receive."

Luke7676
04-24-2012, 02:42 AM
It is foretold so it must be true :)

Honestly it's time for one again.