PDA

View Full Version : Crime City iOS Stats Calculator

Nicholost
03-27-2012, 09:33 PM
The Crime City iOS Stats Calculator v1.0 is now public. The tool is based off the Crime City iOS Money Buildings spreadsheet's (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudHFVU2RxYUQzYXYtOURRd0d3M1hVR 2c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0) Items tab. Thank Tramp Stamp for that one because this tool would not be possible without the item data from that spreadsheet. Also, a nod goes out to white frog, Ramshutu, and Whip88 (Natas), who integration-tested and bug-checked the tool prior to initial release. Their effort is much appreciated. Next time you see 'em on your rivals list, move on to the next victim.

What it does:
The tool shows you what your actual attack and defense stats are for each weapon category. It also shows what your weakest item is for each category and how many of that item you are using in battle (attacking or defending). This is valuable when identifying weak areas and how to improve them.

What it doesn't do:
Currently, a lot. There is definitely room for improvement, but I have a fair bit of time into it already and feel it is "good enough." My reason for using Google Code is for both revision control and so other people can be brought on as developers and sustainers; keeping the item list current, implementing new features, and fixing bugs.

How to make it work: Download and save the latest version of the Crime City iOS Calculator here (http://code.google.com/p/crime-city-ios-stat-calculator/downloads/list) or...

http://code.google.com/p/crime-city-ios-stat-calculator/downloads/list

Open the file and select "Enable Macros" when prompted by Excel. Macros must be enabled for the tool to function.

Enter your item and profile data into the spreadsheet. Only make entries to cells shaded in light-blue.

On the "Items" tab, enter the quantity you own next to each item. If you do not own the item, leave the quantity blank. The tool comes primed with sample data so you can test its functionality.
On the "Stats" tab, enter your mafia size and current level.

Once the tedious task of entering all your item quantities is complete, audit yourself. This can be done by comparing your item totals as shown on the "Stats" tab against those on your profile.

The sum of your guns and melee items should be equal to the number shown next to "# of Weapons." If they are no equal, you have an error in either your gun and/or melee entries.
Likewise, your armor total should be equal to "# of Armor."
Since "# of Explosives" and "# of Vehicles" are not explicitly called out on the profile screen, you will have to audit those independently.

After you have ensured all item quantities are accurate, click the "Calculate" button on the "Stats" tab. The screen will flash a few times and eventually return you to the "Stats" tab. On this tab, you will see a breakdown of your actual attack and defense stats. The total attack should match the attack shown in your game profile within ~3 units. Ideally, it should match exactly, but in some cases, it has been observed to deviate +/- ~3 units. Since defense buildings are not factored in by the calculator, the total defense should be lower than the defense shown in your profile.

If you want to see how your mafia is equipped for a certain category (e.g. Melee Defense), click the "Show Me" button next to the Weakest Attack/Defense Item in that category. The tool will take you to the "Items" tab and apply the necessary filters to order your weapons from strongest to weakest. Currently, the tool does not highlight the weakest item, so it is up to you to remember what it was. Everything above that item is used in battle. Everything below is dead weight and it taking up space.

What to do if you find a bug:
Log an issue here (http://code.google.com/p/crime-city-ios-stat-calculator/issues/list). You can post it in this thread if you want so we can help determine if it really is a bug or not, but it will not be addressed unless it is logged in Google Code. I will do my best to address the bug as quickly as possible, but I write code for a living and am not always that excited to write more on my free time. Hopefully, we can find a capable maintenance team to help with bug fixes and feature enhancements.

http://code.google.com/p/crime-city-ios-stat-calculator/issues/list

Hey, my calculated stats don't match my game stats!
First, double-check the "Items" tab to ensure your quantities entered match your game inventory. If the calculations are still wrong, triple-check them. The manual entry of your inventory is an incredibly tedious and error-prone task. There's a reason why computers do this kind of stuff for us, but as of right now, I'm not aware of a way to export your inventory, so you have to do it manually. Typically, if there is an error, it will be because you accidentally fat-fingered something. I wrote this tool and still find errors in my data entry. It happens.

If your stats are still off, post it up and maybe the community can help, but please only do so after triple-checking your entries. I know it's a PITA, but this thread could quickly get flooded with false bug reports because of bad data entry.

Hey, I have an item in my inventory that isn't in the Items tab. WTF, Mate?
No problem. Add that line-item in manually for time being. As of v1.0, there are many items that were added as one-offs. Hopefully, there are some folks willing to volunteer for maintenance and they can add any missing items and keep the Items tab up to date.

BTW, this was post #500. w00t!

Nicholost
03-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Release Notes:
All logged issues can be found here (http://code.google.com/p/crime-city-ios-stat-calculator/issues/list).

v1.0 - 03/27/2012 - Initial Release

v1.0.1 - 03/28/2012
Issue #2
Issue #3

Ghost818
03-28-2012, 12:02 AM
Great work bro.

slackerboy
03-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Hey Nic

Very nice and very useful, appreciate all the time and effort you must have put into this.

Logged a bug, missing swat pistol 4/8

slackerboy
03-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Do you want each issue found logged as a separate bug?

Note: My only concern that since this a WIP and people will find items missing. The time to keep updating new spreadsheets with all the data is/will be very time consuming. Then again I cannot think of any way to do this simply, without having a tool on your iPhone that extracts the data from your account to import into excel. But this is more than likely impossible!

slackerboy
03-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Ah! Just noticed the very last comment of your post, so you may well disregard my previous posts.

sorry.

On further review, I have not used macros in excel so a little unsure as how to add extra items let alone find the marco to see what you done in the first place.

jaywalker
03-28-2012, 03:41 AM
Bloody Mask 62/71 is missing

When I click calculate I get:

Run-time error '6':

Overflow

debug says:

ii = ii + 1

I have no clue what that means :p

Santa
03-28-2012, 04:01 AM
I have a mac and I don't use Microsoft office. Does this work on OpenOffice?

slackerboy
03-28-2012, 04:04 AM
Santa.. What are you doing up.... Do you only only sleep minimal hours!

Yep it should work with OO or Libra Office, not tried it myself but then again MS macros have a life of there own

Ghost818
03-28-2012, 04:08 AM
I have a mac and I don't use Microsoft office. Does this work on OpenOffice?
I can confirm that there are issues with MicrosoftWorks, no idea about OpenOffice. However take into consideration people that this is a new but prosperous project that our friend Nicholost, and others listed have been and are working on.

slackerboy
03-28-2012, 04:08 AM
OK I take that back, it seems the macros are not compliant with OO. Still looking into it. Sorry for my haste reply Santa

slackerboy
03-28-2012, 04:14 AM
Tried with google docs and cannot see how to enable marcos.

Think unless you have MS Excel, this will not work for you!

Ghost818
03-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Tried with google docs and cannot see how to enable marcos.

Think unless you have MS Excel, this will not work for you!
I think I agree.

slackerboy
03-28-2012, 04:23 AM
Nic

Not really got deeply involved with macros and excel. But does this only work with Excel.

Any chance you could port this to OO or preferably Libre Office if google excel does not support macros.

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Sorry, guys, I should have been more clear with this one. This will only work with Microsoft Excel. The reason being is that VBA, the language the macros are written in, is Microsoft's proprietary scripting language for applications. It's like a tweaked version of VB Classic, another MS proprietary language, and is specific to Excel. As much as I would like to flip a switch and make this available on all software (Open Office, Google Docs, etc.), I cannot because VBA macros are not recognized by non-MS software. It's just going to be a known limitation.

To view the macros, hit Alt + F11. There's a way to navigate to the macro editor through the menus, but I cant remember how ATM.

Jaywalker, I'll PM you my email in a bit. I would like for you to send me your modified XLS so I can use it to debug. I think I know what the problem is, but it will be faster to use your data knowing that it throws an error.

Swearengen
03-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the sheet, it is very helpful...

Jill
03-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Great job Nicholost so very useful. Thanks for taking the time and sharing it with us. You must have given up eating fruit when you were doing it...lol

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Great job Nicholost so very useful. Thanks for taking the time and sharing it with us. You must have given up eating fruit when you were doing it...lol

Haha! Uhhh... no comment...

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 09:20 AM
Also, I encourage people to use the tool not just to calculate current stats, but to estimate future stats. Once you have entered all your current inventory, make a copy and run scenarios against it. For instance, increase/decrease your mafia and see how your att/def per member increases/decreases. That's very valuable if you are at a level where bracketing is narrow. Or maybe give yourself a 5,000 RP budget and theoretically buy xx chain whips versus yy NVBs and compare the affect the purchase of each had on your stats. Do the same for items that you are considering farming. A certain farmable gun may have really good stats and a certain farmable vehicle may have worse stats, but farming the vehicle will have a bigger impact on your overall stats. This tool can be used for long-term strategies as well. Are buying YRBs a worthwhile RP investment and how long before they start to get phased out once you begin collecting Exeleros? This tool can help you answer that.

One of the benefits of being able to calculate your stats in real-time is that you can formulate your own strategies based on your inventory. Just because someone says "farm here" or "buy this," does not always mean that it is the best strategy for you. That person may have a wildly different inventory than you. Experiment a little and create your own strategy.

mnju_03
03-28-2012, 12:01 PM
Nicholost - This is very nice and I appreciate the hard work and that you're sharing it, Thank you. :)

Santa
03-28-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the replies. The calculator sounds amazing! We appreciate your hard work, Nicholost!!! even though I can't use it... :)

colster
03-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Bloody Mask 62/71 is missing

When I click calculate I get:

Run-time error '6':

Overflow

debug says:

ii = ii + 1

I have no clue what that means :p

I get the same error.

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 04:33 PM
I get the same error.

Yep, working on it as we speak. I just logged a ticket regarding the error. A fix is already in place and I hope to have v1.0.1 released in the next couple hours. Until then, hold tight.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

colster
03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Awesome. Thanks for all your hard work.

For your info, Shock and awe is missing from gun list.

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 05:44 PM
For your info, Shock and awe is missing from gun list.

Actually, that one should be in there. It's ID 775. However, a lot of items are missing currently. For the time being, if you find any missing items, add them into your spreadsheet manually. I want to get the macros working and stable before tackling the missing items.

Nicholost
03-28-2012, 07:20 PM
Release v1.0.1 is in production. For those who have already downloaded the initial release (v1.0) and entered your inventory, you should be able to copy your quantity column on the Items tab of v1.0 and paste it into v1.0.1. No changes were made to the Items tab in the v1.0.1 release.

Release notes will be added to this (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22899-Crime-City-iOS-Stats-Calculator&p=146232&viewfull=1#post146232) post as new versions are released. These notes will reference logged issue IDs found here (http://code.google.com/p/crime-city-ios-stat-calculator/issues/list).

colster
03-29-2012, 01:37 AM
Actually, that one should be in there. It's ID 775. However, a lot of items are missing currently. For the time being, if you find any missing items, add them into your spreadsheet manually. I want to get the macros working and stable before tackling the missing items.

Ok, I'll have a closer look. Strange though as when I typed shock and awe into the find function on excel it came up with nothing.

jaywalker
03-29-2012, 01:39 AM
Ok, I'll have a closer look. Strange though as when I typed shock and awe into the find function on excel it came up with nothing.

It is in there, just search for "awe". It is the only word with awe in it.

colster
03-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Found it.

When I enter my guns and hit calculate, I'm getting runtime error 13, mismatch

and in the debug console the following is highlighted,

currItemStat = Cells(cell.Row, rngItemData.Column)

Nudie
03-29-2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks Nic. Thug gun is also missing.

Giedrius
03-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks Nic. Very good job.

Question, Where do I add missing items? Can I use {blank} ones. For now i just renamed most useless ones in particular category and changed their stats. I don't want to mess it up.

Missinng list:

Thug Pistol (30-20)
Golden M4 A1 (62-53) in your sheet you have Gold M4 A1 (7-23)!
Bloody Mask (62-71)
Prestige (115-127)
The Pathmaker (328-206).

Nicholost
03-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Found it.

When I enter my guns and hit calculate, I'm getting runtime error 13, mismatch

and in the debug console the following is highlighted,

currItemStat = Cells(cell.Row, rngItemData.Column)

That sounds like a non-numeric character exists in the quantity column and the software is choking on it when it tries to cast it to a numeric value.

I'd like to see your data though. Will you send me your XLS, please? PM headed your way.

Fricco
03-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Nic, when i scroll through your inventory i see you have the woman's underwear,
it wont let me purchase those in game... says its a loot item?????:p

Nicholost
03-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Question, Where do I add missing items?
Just create a new row for the missing item. To do that...

Right-click on a gray row ID for an existing item and select "Insert Row." A new row will appear.
Add the attributes for the missing item. Qty, Name, Type, Attack, and Defense are the only required attributes. You can leave the other attributes blank.

That will allow you to use the tool until a later release updates the Items tab.

Nic, when i scroll through your inventory i see you have the woman's underwear,
it wont let me purchase those in game... says its a loot item?????:p

You have earn those, if you know what I mean. I won't go into detail because there are children who read these forums.

Plux
03-30-2012, 02:14 PM
I stand corrected, hugely corrected. What an awesome Spreadsheet. Nicholost I have to admit this is extremely well crafted work. Apologies for under-estimating your abilities. I'm sorry for doubting you. Wonderful information tool!

frenda
03-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks for all the work. I'll have to try it out tonight.

Nicholost
03-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I stand corrected, hugely corrected. What an awesome Spreadsheet. Nicholost I have to admit this is extremely well crafted work. Apologies for under-estimating your abilities. I'm sorry for doubting you. Wonderful information tool!

Thanks, dude. You're not the first to question my way in life. My parents still refer to me as "Complete Failure." I actually thought that was my name until my early 20's when a court order had my real name on it.

Honestly, I see some value in the tool, especially when creating a strategy for the future. It should answer a lot of questions, like what to farm/purchase, how to strengthen your stats, whether to increase or decrease your mafia size, etc. The biggest drawback is the data entry, but I don't know any way around that.

Also, Tramp Stamp just showed me how to pull item data directly from the game. I got a good start on that, so expect a v1.1.0 in the near future (next week???). That should resolve a lot, if not all, of the missing/incorrect items.

Silvio
04-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Nic - this is AWESOME!

Thanks for the hard work. It kind of changed my direction - I thought I was a getting a better bang on my armor, but your sheet showed me I was better off chasing some melee upgrades!

Thanks dude!

chanty271979
05-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Hi Nicholost,

Great spreadsheet, i have been filling in my guns and missed total 29 items. I know your list is out of date, so if you are interested to know which one i can send you a list of it.
Cheers Chanty

BIGRED2277
05-23-2013, 02:04 AM
interesting

craftytempter
05-23-2013, 02:06 AM
http://www.ccthedoghouse.com/uploads/1/8/9/5/18950779/craftys_guide_to_buying_weapons.xlsx

the same sort of sheet but does not rely on macros its not fancy just simple and shows your 500 per class