PDA

View Full Version : Defense bug help?

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Hello,

Is it a bug? I have 1100 defense, and yesterday, I just got robbed over 10k and 2 boss bags by someone with 700 attacks and 900 defense..

I tried attacking back with 670 attack, but even tring 10 times, I just keep lossing. Why?

It can't be just back luck, He have 3 tries, and won twice out of 3 when I got much higher defense,
But when I attacked back on him with much lower defense, I couldn't win even in 10 tries.

Our attack differences are just 20+

Now Im jujst so pissed.

jmeijer
03-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Do you have many defense buildings in your hood? Only a small percentage of it is added to your defense stat when you fight someone.

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Do you have many defense buildings in your hood? Only a small percentage of it is added to your defense stat when you fight someone.
I cant choose the defense building to be added in my stat? Its added randomly? So its wrong to have too many level 1 defense building that are lvl 1?

So the defense stats in the profile is fake?

deuces
03-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Level 1 defense buildings that are lvl 1 are fine and will add their full defense to your score. (minus the 10% tycoon bonus if you have that)

Upgrades will not add their full affect to your true defense, only your profile defense.

Dipstik
03-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Have you used skill points on defense? Maybe he spent his on attack? Its not a bug, it's a feature.

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Level 1 defense buildings that are lvl 1 are fine and will add their full defense to your score. (minus the 10% tycoon bonus if you have that)

Upgrades will not add their full affect to your true defense, only your profile defense.

So theres no point in upgrading then? Since it just make ur profile have higher defense but doesn't helps in your true defense? And how do I know if I got the 10% tycoon bonus?

Thanks

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Have you used skill points on defense? Maybe he spent his on attack? Its not a bug, it's a feature.

I spent my skill points on 10 attacks and 6 defense. Did the skills point simply only add 10 attacks and 6 defense?

deuces
03-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Each level you upgrade them to will give you half of the original amount. If the building gives you 10 at level 1, it will give you 15 at level 2 and 20 at level 3.

To know your class, go to my profile and look to the right of the customize button on the stats tab.

Dipstik
03-27-2012, 06:22 PM
We have no idea what the skill points do, officially, but it's very easy to rob ppl with more defense than your attack. I personally believe skill points are fairly important and I have invested heavily in my attack score.

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Each level you upgrade them to will give you half of the original amount. If the building gives you 10 at level 1, it will give you 15 at level 2 and 20 at level 3.

To know your class, go to my profile and look to the right of the customize button on the stats tab.

Is that how you calculate the defense of a defense building then instead of what its really shown. Say my level 5 abandoned building shows that it gives 33 defense, but in actual it only gives 2(Original defense)+1+1+1+1 = 6 defense?

Yes I'm tycoon, so as a tycoon I have to suffer minus 10% defense secretly that is not finalised and shown in profile?

duelblade
03-27-2012, 06:34 PM
It's funny I have a pure with 700 attack and I was robbing someone yesterday with 1100...also on my pure almost all my skill points go into attack I can beat people with 1200+ defense so I wouldn't be surprised if that was me :P

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:37 PM
It's funny I have a pure with 700 attack and I was robbing someone yesterday with 1100...also on my pure almost all my skill points go into attack I can beat people with 1200+ defense so I wouldn't be surprised if that was me :P
What does the attack point and defense point do actually? Does it simply give u 10 additional attacks if u got 10 stats added on it?

deuces
03-27-2012, 06:38 PM
ya it gives you 6 true defense. You're not really suffering, you're just not getting a 10% bonus.

This is all from members here, but not backed up by developers fyi.

i need muney
03-27-2012, 06:39 PM
What does the attack point and defense point do actually? Does it simply give u 10 additional attacks if u got 10 stats added on it?
No, it's a value added to the formula, which someone will likely provide soon :)

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:39 PM
ya it gives you 6 true defense. You're not really suffering, you're just not getting a 10% bonus.

This is all from members here, but not backed up by developers fyi.
So I might as sell demolish all those old building and change it to latest one, the level 1 sentry gun gives 5 attacks at level 1. Is that the right thing?

duelblade
03-27-2012, 06:41 PM

I know it gives like 1.2 bonus to your attack are the rumors although I have read from a mod cofirming that more skill points into attack give you a better chance against robbing buildings in general so it really pays to put skill points into attack and stamina, what your name and level? I'll be able to tell you if thats me or not

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:43 PM
That fellows back robbing my boss bag again. Theres nothing shyt I can do. Used to thought I have 1100 defense, I just learned thats just a fake stats that is not finalised after playing this for 1 week.

BTW gwei level 27.

i need muney
03-27-2012, 06:44 PM
So I might as sell demolish all those old building and change it to latest one, the level 1 sentry gun gives 5 attacks at level 1. Is that the right thing?
Yup. That's what I did. Later on you might wanna have 50 gatlings and missle turrets at level 2.

deuces
03-27-2012, 06:45 PM

I mean ya, that building is bulky and not gonna do a whole lot for you. If you want to add defense buildings, yes those are decent, and by level 3 will each add 10 points.

white frog
03-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Ay... here we go again!

white frog
03-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Check out this thread... it will answer your questions:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol&highlight=peacock

procsyzarc
03-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Hello,

Is it a bug? I have 1100 defense, and yesterday, I just got robbed over 10k and 2 boss bags by someone with 700 attacks and 900 defense..

I tried attacking back with 670 attack, but even tring 10 times, I just keep lossing. Why?

It can't be just back luck, He have 3 tries, and won twice out of 3 when I got much higher defense,
But when I attacked back on him with much lower defense, I couldn't win even in 10 tries.

Our attack differences are just 20+

Now Im jujst so pissed.

Haven't read replies so someone may have said already but no it is not a bug it is your understanding of game mechanics that is broken.

You say he robbed you and you have 1100 def and he has 700 attack. Since we are talking robberies where defence is reduced a lot (aprox 50%) it is expected he would be successful.

You then attacked him (where the full defence is used) with 670 attack and failed when he had 900 defence. This is also expected.

So this is all correct you just need to understand rob and attack defence work diffrently

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:49 PM
I mean ya, that building is bulky and not gonna do a whole lot for you. If you want to add defense buildings, yes those are decent, and by level 3 will each add 10 points.

What do you mean by level 3 will each add me 10 points? At level 3 onwards the abandoned buildings will gives me 10 defense at each upgrade? Huh? Why

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Haven't read replies so someone may have said already but no it is not a bug it is your understanding of game mechanics that is broken.

You say he robbed you and you have 1100 def and he has 700 attack. Since we are talking robberies where defence is reduced a lot (aprox 50%) it is expected he would be successful.

You then attacked him (where the full defence is used) with 670 attack and failed when he had 900 defence. This is also expected.

So this is all correct you just need to understand rob and attack defence work diffrently
He attacks me when I was carrying $50k.
Thats how he got 10k+ off me.

Swifty
03-27-2012, 06:57 PM
The best defense for us mere mortals is collect your buildings on time and do not carry cash in hand.

There are a few demi-gods in the game that do not have to bank.

deuces
03-27-2012, 06:58 PM
What do you mean by level 3 will each add me 10 points? At level 3 onwards the abandoned buildings will gives me 10 defense at each upgrade? Huh? Why

The defense buildings you were talking about that start with 5, will give you 10 by level 3.

procsyzarc
03-27-2012, 07:08 PM
He attacks me when I was carrying $50k.
Thats how he got 10k+ off me.

Then you need to state your question correctly if you expect correct advice, you clearly said "I just got robbed over 10k " which is very diffrent from being attacked for 10k

duelblade
03-27-2012, 07:19 PM
That fellows back robbing my boss bag again. Theres nothing shyt I can do. Used to thought I have 1100 defense, I just learned thats just a fake stats that is not finalised after playing this for 1 week.

BTW gwei level 27.

haha.....yea that's me that attacked you I remember that name haha.....btw just to make sure you are talking about me what's the name of this guy that robbed you?

edit: my pure(ipod touch) account's name is: pm me your id and my code is 320-739-138

ihateregister
03-27-2012, 07:34 PM
haha.....yea that's me that attacked you I remember that name haha.....btw just to make sure you are talking about me what's the name of this guy that robbed you?

edit: my pure(ipod touch) account's name is: pm me your id and my code is 320-739-138

thewatcher was the one who attacked me.

duelblade
03-27-2012, 07:36 PM
thewatcher was the one who attacked me.

oh...well I still know I attacked you I remember looking at your name and thinking wtf does gwei means...