PDA

View Full Version : Warning: do not go over 500 pending ally requests.

Mudphud
03-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Once I went over 500ish pending ally requests, they were all removed. I'm now back at 10 pending requests. Funzio sent me a message saying that they know about the issue and are trying to fix it. But for those of you who are limiting your allies, it would be wise to remove some pending requests before you get to the 500 level if you want to preserve the other requests.

Mcdoc
03-27-2012, 05:32 PM
That's weird - must be a new bug. I remember one of the Senior fellows (AO / WP / or someone else) once posted a screen shot about 2 months ago and I noticed they had like 1900 pending ally requests.

stricker
03-27-2012, 05:41 PM
That's weird - must be a new bug. I remember one of the Senior fellows (AO / WP / or someone else) once posted a screen shot about 2 months ago and I noticed they had like 1900 pending ally requests.
AO has been posting about this in tech sub folder. mass adds (and possibly mass deletions) will crash your allies list. Devs are on it too.

Mudphud
03-27-2012, 05:44 PM
This is just my experience, however, AO did point out that when he recently went over 1000 allies, then all his allies got deleted, but other players who had over 1000 allies for a long time before him were ok. I suspect this may be the same situation. The des probably used to allow over 1000 allies and over 500 pending requests and now they have changed it so new players who reach these levels have problems. Again, just an educated guess about game mechanics on my part.

Agent Orange
03-27-2012, 07:27 PM
I think the problem is that it is something that isn't easily replicated. Have a look at the thread in tech for more details but quickly, I had problems when I went over 1000 allies but I may have actually precipitated this by trying to do a mass add by accident.

This mass add problem was reported a while ago I don't remember what the exact number is but somewhere over 100 pending requests added at the same time bombs out with none of those people actually getting entered.

As for this 500 pending ally bug, I reported that also in the tech thread. My brother has gone over 500 pending and that seems to have caused most of the pending requests other than brand new ones to become corrupted so that when you try to add them they do not show up.

Devs are certainly working on the problem but in the mean time don't go over 500 pending or over 1000 allies. There was also mention of not doing a mass deletion from your ally list.

The first sign of trouble might be that you start to notice allies turning up in your rivals list but you know you have the problem when your ally list opens up blank but it still shows the correct number of allies that you had. From what I gather many of those allies will still have you show up in their list buy you won't see them in yours.

JMC
03-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I've done all three of those things and had no problems except for when doing a mass add, about 300-400 of the allies didn't get added. Other issues must be new.