PDA

View Full Version : For All The Cry Babies On Here

fuzz bunny
03-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Here ya go, I have two examples I’d like to share...and I think even the simplest of minds will get it (or maybe not):

1. The whiners on here remind of the "occupy Wall Street" wastes - you are too busy crying about what you THINK you're ENTITLED to instead of actually working hard to make things happen, to contribute to society if you will. And to spell this out, the ‘occupy losers’ are equivalent to the whiners on here crying about 499, and ‘working’ equates to playing the game.

I find it amazing that you think you are owed something that didn't even exist a month ago (this being extended thug life goals). Wake up... It's a game, you are entitled to nothing...despite thinking you are - then again this is what's wrong with society, but we can discuss another day.

2. You cry babies remind me of a union, particularly the American autoworkers union, or say the Canadian postal workers union - more entitlement as above, except this time thinking you are OWED more money when you don't deserve what you're making now! Work hard, contribute, learn more, adapt....or go get a new ****ing job! And job in this example is the game...go play something else that isn't "sooooo unfair".

The mentality in both examples is a disease, the disease of entitlement, and you will never excel with this mentality, this I promise you.

Entitlement breeds laziness.

So at this point you have options:

Suck it up, realize that everything in your life, both good and bad, is a result of you and you alone. Create what you want, be the change want to see and move forward.

Or keep crying, keep thinking the world owes you something and see how that serves you...I'll guarantee it disappoints!

Now I've gone a little too deep on this topic of 499, stepped into the ‘rant zone’ and into areas beyond this game, but felt it was needed.

In layman's terms - quite crying and play the damn game already!

Babytway
03-27-2012, 02:00 PM
499 ppl are fckn punks and cowards

Dipstik
03-27-2012, 02:07 PM
And now to sit back and watch the lulz...

mnju_03
03-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Too far? I don't know. Sure didn't seem fuzzy, lol... Do you feel better at least?
Seriously though I get it. The more people can get away with crying, they do it.

And now to sit back and watch the lulz...

Darn, you beat me to it. I wanted to get my post in 2nd. But yes...now we wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM

Thinks
03-27-2012, 02:11 PM
NERD RAGE!!!!!!!!!!

Bwuahahahaha I love it. Rage harder, please!

I only wished you listed your "location" in your info so I could make sure I was outside a 200 mile radius of you. I'd be nervous if I was any closer than that to you right now. I'll check the news tonight and look for you. Some crazy mass shooting in a public area by some guy ranting about the Canadian Mailmen. lol.

Thanks for the laugh though.

Fig Oni
03-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm on goodfeella class, how many gold dose it cost to be on crybaby class and what are the benefits.

Dorian Gray
03-27-2012, 02:19 PM
If someone has a problem with needing to have 500 mafia to complete thug life goals aren't they the ones who think they're 'entitled' to something.

"I should get to complete the thug life rounds even if I don't offer other players that same opportunity by staying above 500."

TRAZ
03-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Lost me at cry...lol....didn't even bother to read the rest....

jobadass
03-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Fuzz, I too think that people should quit complaining about the 499ers, but I think they have a point. I(we) found a way to play the game that some disagree with. I don't think you should get on here and cast disparaging remarks about them. Look at the 1st reply to your post. "punks and Cowards". I can guarantee you that I, nor probably most of the "499ers" am no punk, nor am I a coward.
I was proud that I could beat almost anyone at my level, including those that spent RM (unless they were BIG) spenders, and I hadn't spent a dime. I recently threw Funzio some money to build some nice buildings. I have since been robbed by non-gold spenders. Should I suck it up and play the game, or should I get on here and demand that things change and non-gold players shouldn't be able to rob gold buildings? Or that people who sold all of their money buildings and only have defense, shouldn't be able to rob at all? In my eyes it's similiar to their point, but I just don't care because it's a game. I don't think I have the right to tell you how to play and I'm sick of hearing about this issue. If Funzio changes things (again) I guess I will have to adapt and overcome.

In the meantime, this forum is much bettter when the name calling and strong words are left behind (IMHO).

procsyzarc
03-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Lost me at cry...lol....didn't even bother to read the rest....

These sorts of comments always make me laugh on game forums, people claim to be too buzy, important or lazy to bother reading a particular post but have no issue puting their time aside to comment to make sure others know they claim they didn't read it.

kimberleyj
03-27-2012, 02:34 PM
At the end of the day everyone is entitled to a freedom of speech, if you don't like it no one is forcing you to stay on this forum. These 499 make the attack goals hard to finsh. if we was all cowards and went to 499 then no one would be able to do the goals which would make the game a little less fun to play. If you don't use your voice then nothing will get changed simple.

jobadass
03-27-2012, 02:40 PM
These sorts of comments always make me laugh on game forums, people claim to be too buzy, important or lazy to bother reading a particular post but have no issue puting their time aside to comment to make sure others know they claim they didn't read it.
lost me at these..but I kept reading anyway

Swifty
03-27-2012, 02:50 PM
The 499ers have found a way to use the game mechanics to their own advantage.

And because Funzio allows the 499ers to do so, then it must be "The Way The Game Was Meant To Be Played."

Otherwise, they would change it.

Nicholost
03-27-2012, 02:50 PM
This reminds me of my favorite Louis CK interview. Seriously, watch it. I wish I could find the whole interview because it is epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r1CZTLk-Gk

Plux
03-27-2012, 02:52 PM
The Dartboard of 500

I'd rather not be a dartboard thank you, rather the dart!

Holicaholic
03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
So......am I to understand that the OP DOESN'T want a game's users to provide feedback (albeit sometimes whining) on a game's forum that the developers read so that they can get feedback?

jobadass
03-27-2012, 02:55 PM
The Dartboard of 500

I'd rather not be a dartboard thank you, rather the dart!
not bad
Dude, your income is crazy.

Ramshutu
03-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Everytime an angry internet rant post like this appears in cyberspace a Fairy dies. Please, think of the faries.

mnju_03
03-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Everytime an angry internet rant post like this appears in cyberspace a Fairy dies. Please, think of the faries.

So many dead Fairies...

Nicholost
03-27-2012, 02:59 PM
So......am I to understand that the OP DOESN'T want a game's users to provide feedback (albeit sometimes whining) on a game's forum that the developers read so that they can get feedback?

I don't think that's what he's saying. I read it as do something constructive about it or move on. Even the best spoken feedback is heard as whining when it's said over and over.

fuzz bunny
03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Babytway - I think the word coward isn't clear in your mind...

The game is designed to encourage the most cowardly of behaviors, examples:

rob/steal from other peope = coward - you of all people should get this one!

beat up people you know are weaker than you = coward

paying to win = coward

And before you guys get worked up I'm not saying any of this is wrong, it is how the game is designed...I rob, I beat up people weaker, it's great! But I'd saying having 1 less mafia member is the least cowardly thing in the game!

schnuffler
03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
quite crying and play the damn game already!

Time to call you out on a spelling mistake!

You obviously have a problem with a (somewhat large) group of people having a different opinion to you. Tough sh*t. If you don't like other people expressing their opinions, why don't YOU quit crying and ignore the fuss?

Dorian Gray
03-27-2012, 03:03 PM
The 499ers have found a way to use the game mechanics to their own advantage.

And because Funzio allows the 499ers to do so, then it must be "The Way The Game Was Meant To Be Played."

Otherwise, they would change it.

Yeah, because you know that funzio has never made mistakes that they have taken months to reconcile? :rolleyes:

I suddenly find myself having to use the :rolleyes: emoticon a lot lately. :rolleyes:

Swifty
03-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Ah, Dorian, that brings up a very good point.

I would very much like to sit in on some of those discussions about when and why Funzio changes things.

And they may well decide to move on the 499er issue at some point, when they decide that it is no longer "The Way The Game Was Meant To Be Played."

Another way to think of it would be "The Dogma of the Day." This is what is right today, but that might not be what is right tomorrow.

fuzz bunny
03-27-2012, 03:08 PM
And let me clear one thing up...there is no anger in my OP, I find it all funny, and it reminds me of the union mentality...plain and simple. I do have a problem the entitlement mentality no matter where it stems from...so my little rant with a comparision of the game.

And sure...freedom of speech, feedback to designers...I get it, all good, but the 499 thing is hilarious...people are seriously up in arms. So I'm not slamming an opinion different than my own, simply one that has been beaten to death.

Did I mention I LOVE the 'nerd rant' comment, high quality for sure! But I get it, posting something like I did won't make sense to a large portion of society...and that's ok.

Finally, Nicholost...I will admit that some of my rant was pulled from the Conan clip, I thought about including it...cracks me up and so true!!!

TRAZ
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM

Nah, was just like the Charlie Brown teacher speaking. Cracked me up good. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

Nicholost
03-27-2012, 03:20 PM
I do have a problem the entitlement mentality no matter where it stems from...so my little rant with a comparison of the game.
Thank you. I'm glad someone else in the world feels the same. I laugh at some of the stuff that gets inflated into a huge issue here on the forums (the 499 issue hasn't breached my threshold yet, but the M4A1 thing induced a giant eye-roll), but the stuff in the real world gets more than an eye-roll. I've lost faith in society, and particularly my generation, awhile ago. I would say the entitlement mentality is definitely on the rise and will probably be our downfall, but that's a tangent and one I'm not sure I want to travel down here on the internetz.

Nicholost...I will admit that some of my rant was pulled from the Conan clip, I thought about including it...cracks me up and so true!!!
I know! What makes that so funny is its accuracy. I drop quotes from that interview pretty frequently. Definitely one of my fav skits/interviews.

Joe Brown1
03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Sorry for a complete post hijack but I had not seen the video/Conan clip - I went back and found it in Nicholost's post and watched it. hysterical, I love it. I have now forwarded it to friends. All too true.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled rant . . . :cool:

mnju_03
03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Sorry for a complete post hijack but I had not seen the video/Conan clip - I went back and found it in Nicholost's post and watched it. hysterical, I love it. I have now forwarded it to friends. All too true.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled rant . . . :cool:

Damn people with zeros in their number!

Thinks
03-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Did I mention I LOVE the 'nerd rant' comment, high quality for sure! But I get it, posting something like I did won't make sense to a large portion of society...and that's ok.

^^^^ If that is directed at me.....

It was "Nerd Rage". If you are going to quote me, through parenthetical citations nonetheless, then get it right.

Who didn't it make sense to? I don't agree that "we", as society, don't make sense of it. I think we don't see eye to eye on something and instead of stating your opinion about the situaition in game, you choose to make a personal attack against the people with opposing opinions. I would think it would be more constructive to instead spend that time and energy making a case making a case for your opinion.

I laughed and titled it as a nerd rage. That's what I thought it was, we all do it at times, you took it to a level which most don't. Maybe I shouldn't have assumed anything. But in my defense, I made that assumption because I didn't want to believe anyone could be so ignorant through sterotyping various people who they have opposing views with.

Are you that ignorant? Do you really think that every person in the American Autoworkers has a sense of entitlement? Do you think the same of the Canadian Postal Workers Union? ... every last one of them?

You throw out these blanket statements. I attributed it to your frustration or anger with somethin, hence the nerd rage, but you're saying that it wasn't a nerd rage you're just really that ignorant of a person?

I think I need to call up a few union workers and send them over to your house to give you a big hug.

fuzz bunny
03-27-2012, 04:00 PM
My sincere apology for the misquote...nerd rage, point taken.

In this day an age the word 'ignorant' is as lost as the word 'racist'...just another term with zero meaning b/c it's grossly over used.

Sure, pardon my stereotypes regarding unions if you're offended, it was a wide sweeping generalization, my apology. While they had a place decades ago it is my personal opinion that they breed entitlement and laziness in modern society...but just my opinion.

white frog
03-27-2012, 05:24 PM
You do realize, Fuzz, that from the tone and content of your post, that you became a crybaby yourself??

Dipstik
03-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh no you DIDN'T!

fuzz bunny
03-27-2012, 05:50 PM
I would disagree white frog. Tone is impossible to gauge on the net...so hard for you to accurately depict my tone...but easy to assume, and will depend on your personal frame of mind when reading my post.

On a 'content level' I still disagree. I stated an opinion with a bit of rant thrown in...but hardly crying.

I had fun with it, just killing time at the dentist's office...take it how you will.

Jill
03-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Really sorry, but I must be getting old or something but I really find this thread quite offensive and certainly not funny (if that's what it was meant to be). Why classify people in such terms, don't you realise that there was people who lost everything in recent years and through no fault of their own. They are not whiners, they aren't all people who think they are entitled to something, they aren't the ones who occupied wall street, they are the ones who lost their jobs, their home, their businesses, their hopes......

If I remember it was bankers who cheated, lied and mishandled billions of dollars in an effort to increase profits, to ensure their bonuses was secure. Selling credit to those who couldn't afford it if things went wrong, drove up house prices and gambled billions without proper regulation.

Sorry here I am ranting also, just strikes a nerve with me.

fuzz bunny
03-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi Jill,

I don't think banks have no blame in the situation, nor do I promote corporate greed. However...many many people lost what wasn't theirs in the first place...it's called credit, buying things you can't afford, treating a house like a piggy bank, assuming real estate only goes up, and signing mortgage documents you never bothered to read or understand.

There are plenty of people who have no one to blame but themselves, plain and simple. Besides entitlement that is out of control (think lawsuits), so is instant gratification...I want so I buy even if I can't afford it.

So lots wrong with the whole situation, but we the people certainly aren't blame free!

Cloud4201
03-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Arguing on the Internet is like winning the special olympics. Sure u win... But you're still fckin retarded!

Dipstik
03-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Occupy a desk you smelly hippies!

Yahkin
03-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Arguing on the Internet is like winning the special olympics. Sure u win... But you're still fckin retarded!

/facepalm

It is sad how badly you screwed up a joke about being retarded. Some may even say ironic.

Yahkin
03-27-2012, 08:36 PM
I think I need to call up a few union workers and send them over to your house to give you a big hug.

Sorry, not in my job description. :rolleyes:

Nudie
03-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Since I am sticking my dart in others' boards, I will maintain over 500 to allow others' to stick their darts in me.
It's all in the name of fairness.

Swifty
03-27-2012, 08:44 PM
It just seems to me like a crime game is more a place for dirty underhanded tactics than fairness.

Jill
03-28-2012, 03:16 AM
Hi Jill,

I don't think banks have no blame in the situation, nor do I promote corporate greed. However...many many people lost what wasn't theirs in the first place...it's called credit, buying things you can't afford, treating a house like a piggy bank, assuming real estate only goes up, and signing mortgage documents you never bothered to read or understand.

There are plenty of people who have no one to blame but themselves, plain and simple. Besides entitlement that is out of control (think lawsuits), so is instant gratification...I want so I buy even if I can't afford it.

So lots wrong with the whole situation, but we the people certainly aren't blame free!

If a person does not have the income or the wherewithall to make repayments on a mortgage or loan, surely the people who gave them the loan are the real problem. Creating a housing bubble is very easy, it has happened all over the world and it is those who make money easily avialable are the real issue. In good times people want to improve their lives for themselves and their families unfortunity they may not be so well educated to realise things can go wrong, Bankers however are and I firmly believe they were not and still are not regulated properly.

Hank
03-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Fuzz, it be real, your origional post sounds like a whole bunch of whinning and crying to me. No surprise you are a 499 coward

nvbealone
03-28-2012, 04:12 AM
OP, did you quarrel with your gf/wife? or did your boss just sacked you?

Nudie
03-28-2012, 06:23 AM
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.... cry if I want to....

white frog
03-28-2012, 06:33 AM
Fuzz, you obviously have no idea how the monetary and banking system in this country work. The big problem we have is people arguing a case on what they "think" is the way things are, instead of learning how things actually are. Do some research on "Fractional Reserve Banking" and you'll completely change your opinion on who's to blame.

schlumpf
03-28-2012, 06:44 AM
Political extremists are often funny. Complain about one thing, and immediately connect it to you favorite scapegoat. Annoyed by players with 499 mafia? Surely you are like those evil greedy union workers, who dare strike on exactly that day when I would have got my Amazon package, and they even attempt heresy against the Holy Church of Libertarian Capitalism!

*so not trying to incite a flame war* ;)

Max Power
03-28-2012, 07:53 AM
LOL....start a thread whining about whining, and the 499ers to boot, and you have accomplished 2 things:

1. Another person whining; and

2. Another 499 thread.

Acting as sprinkles on the cupcake, you manage to throw a whole bunch of stereotypes in there to boot.

Well done Fuzzy, well done. You are just what this country needs....LOL!