PDA

View Full Version : Robbing LM >> Tug Life > Everything else

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Basically this:
LM pay out 2 rp/1 xp for robbing.

The last few days I've only done Tug Life and nothing else.

In this time I gained 7455 xp and 10.000 respect. So that would be less than 1.5 rp/1 xp.
I calculate respect by keeping track of my inventory.

Given these intermediate results it appears that pvp missions are not worth it.

I'll be back in a week with more data, and prolly need to switch strategy to robbing LMs only, otherwise I am weakening myself.

Same with pve farming. The amount of xp you gain by farming anything currently (I am lvl 79), is too high when compared to the stats increase.

If any of you have any insights or more data, please share.

Caleb
03-27-2012, 11:36 AM
That sounds pretty much right. With the PvP you do get the additional benefit of the loot that occasionally drops.

Murda
03-27-2012, 11:39 AM
This is what I found when I was levelling up. Robbing LM's and Lofts was my only strategy for a while and it really jacked my Respect compared to leveling up.

I think when you get to much higher levels and leveling doesn't happen so fast, you can be less worried about respect/exp ratios. You also need to consider any value you get from loot drops in the Thug missions.

Personally I'm putting off the rest of my Thug goals until I pass the level where high end-loot drops more often. Why Thug life now and get more blades, when I can thug life later and get a better chance at Lowriders or those M72 things

Max Power
03-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Loot drops are a huge component of PvP. Look at what weapons people are using at level 80 and what percent are loot items? You can't compare some of the stats in PvP vs PvE and leave others out, unless you already had your conclusion and are engineering your research to get there.

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks Caleb and Murda for the info.

I am going to stop doing TL for now, and start with mass robbing (LM's, lofts). This will also make me level slower since I will gain less xp per point of stamina.

Holicaholic
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM

I am going to stop doing TL for now, and start with mass robbing (LM's, lofts). This will also make me level slower since I will gain less xp per point of stamina.

Doing that will be the grind to end all grinds....

Whoopdido1980
03-27-2012, 11:56 AM

Good God that sounds boring. Aren't video games supposed to be fun? Spending all day robbing LM's and the 1/100 chance that you happen to find an uncollected Loft? That sounds like torture to me. But if you want to do that, more power to you.

deuces
03-27-2012, 11:57 AM
which is more torturous? being at level 10 for 6 months or robbing nothing but lofts from say level 60 to level 120?

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Loot drops are a huge component of PvP. Look at what weapons people are using at level 80 and what percent are loot items? You can't compare some of the stats in PvP vs PvE and leave others out, unless you already had your conclusion and are engineering your research to get there.
Hi Max,
I'll be saving those pvp missions for later when drops improve..

I am at lvl 80 and had 1 lowriders with TL round 114 now. Ill save those missions for later when their value is better.

By switching to robbing I can also drop my mafia size, thus increasing my relative strength. Compared to other lower ally count players this is. The switch to robbing allows me to level slower, this gives my economy time to grow.

Thanks again all for the great advise.

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 11:59 AM
which is more torturous? being at level 10 for 6 months or robbing nothing but lofts from say level 60 to level 120?
In WOW I farmed for 3 months to get 1 special item.....

Dravak
03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
And once you are done woth respect weapons ? And find yourself still weak and thrown into the gold players league..
Then what ?

Seriously maybe funzio is right to nerf all the weapons , if people think only thing is gold> RP>XP>PvP>PVE>FUN ....
Makes it a bit sad huh , honestly if you want the most efficient way , then stay camping and growing your hood
Don't bother doing missions PvP PVE , wait till you have all done and then steam roll your way up .
Skipping all lower tier and mid tier RP weapons and voila ...

Or you can offcourse buy gold and have 100k stats , if all that sounds boring ;)

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
To me this is just a math game yes. And I love to min max. And yes I know I'll never be nr 1.

Dravak
03-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Well if it is a math game , then try to figure out the real math like algoritme of the event .
Or that too difficult , think ram is the only one so far who really figure the secret .

Higher number of lockboxes equals higher numbers of failures , something am testing out this event .

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Programmers are lazy.
Odds decrease as u get more boxes.
It is very possible that at some events the odds decrease less/more.
Loot table items might change.
Loot item odds change. Decrease using non linear function.
RNG is RNG, and they want most people to get to 7-9 towards the end to entice them to buy G.

Murda
03-27-2012, 12:16 PM
In WOW I farmed for 3 months to get 1 special item.....

I'm guessing the special item was not a girlfriend.......

EDIT - I kiiid, I kiiid

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm guessing the special item was not a girlfriend.......

EDIT - I kiiid, I kiiid
Whatsa gurl?

Dravak
Programmers are lazy.
Odds decrease as u get more boxes.
It is very possible that at some events the odds decrease less/more.
Loot table items might change.
Loot item odds change. Decrease using non linear function.
RNG is RNG, and they want most people to get to 7-9 towards the end to entice them to buy G.

Well speak for yourself , seems you are the lazy one .
RNG can be affected and is a universal proven fact .. Look up how people affect RNG on the net .
So RNG is never RNG .. If it was just straight forward RNG with decreasing non linear function.
Then it is predictable to even beat the ods ... Like said there is a catch 22 to this .

But then again you stay with your simple math do LM and Loft .
That part Tramp already found out , oh and don't forget to ad collection agency church and hardrock cafe to the group
Those have low XP high RP value , unless it reaches certain building level ;)

Well if you are not lazy you can tell us :p

Caleb
If you really just want to max Respect, then rob only Lofts. That does sound pretty tedious though. At early levels, I tried to maximize Respect to Experience by hitting a lot of LMs. But I've become a believer in the power of PvP loot items after seeing many comments about it and switching to pursue more PvP some time back. Even though it does lead to quicker leveling, I think it was a good idea.

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Well speak for yourself , seems you are the lazy one .
RNG can be affected and is a universal proven fact .. Look up how people affect RNG on the net .
So RNG is never RNG .. If it was just straight forward RNG with decreasing non linear function.
Then it is predictable to even beat the ods ... Like said there is a catch 22 to this .

But then again you stay with your simple math do LM and Loft .
That part Tramp already found out , oh and don't forget to ad collection agency church and hardrock cafe to the group
Those have low XP high RP value , unless it reaches certain building level ;)

Well if you are not lazy you can tell us :p
Ehhmm if you really wanna talk RNG...
True randomness is impossible with computing.
What we perceive as RNG is usually just some algorithm(s) using (a) seed(s) and permutations, influenced by things like internal clock or whatever. But please believe you can predict modern advanced RNG.

Oh and I read TS threads, but not the part where he compared robbing vs TL.

And ty for the other buildings, I am indeed to lazy to look it up.

Dravak
03-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Youth of today all the information at there finger tips and too lazy to even bother .

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

Or want me to give you a TLDR version ?

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 12:38 PM
If you really just want to max Respect, then rob only Lofts. That does sound pretty tedious though. At early levels, I tried to maximize Respect to Experience by hitting a lot of LMs. But I've become a believer in the power of PvP loot items after seeing many comments about it and switching to pursue more PvP some time back. Even though it does lead to quicker leveling, I think it was a good idea.
You got me thinking.... A lot of these drops from pvp indeed increase my odds, but later on they won't. It is also to be expected that Funzio will release more TL missions, and more gear and respect items.
During work I'll do those tug life missions and at home I'll go do me some robbing. Sounds like a good deal.

Thanks for the advise all.

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Youth of today all the information at there finger tips and too lazy to even bother .

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/

Or want me to give you a TLDR version ?
So what your saying is that the fact that I always win at the slots is because of my superpowers!

Pulling your leg kid, thanks for the great link. I kinda moved away from that field of research since a lot of fake science is involved there. Bookmarked.

This puts to question the scientific model.

And thanks for thinking I am young. I am more of an old timer hence the definition of RNG as I have learned it.

Dravak
03-27-2012, 04:25 PM
Well the RNG are subtible to I fluences as being test out at this moment in major cities all over the world.
When there is a large group of people with positive emotions , RNG always seem to spike in the upper levels.

Seems RNG are meant to be RNG a average of 40-60 is always the standard norm right , not a continous flow of higher numbers .

You can find the field of research on more sites and subjects , and shame on you .
If you are a oldie , information is power , so you forgo on power ?

Gabbahh
03-27-2012, 08:58 PM
And shame on you for the unneeded hostility. But dont worry, I know why ppl use ad hominems.

Swifty
03-27-2012, 09:20 PM
I am strongly tempted to go on a rob-laundromat-only spree, just to see how long I can do it before my brain transmogrifies into pink slime.

Dravak
03-27-2012, 09:41 PM
And shame on you for the unneeded hostility. But dont worry, I know why ppl use ad hominems.

Pardon me ? Shame on you you mean .
I state a question ,that you cannot accept the truth but feel it is a insult ... Gee religious fanatics who cannot accept anything but there own version of life or there own version of truth .

Sorry don't have time for shame and blaim game .
Go watch peperspray in America university on net , then come back with shame on me .
That is reality not some ad hominems , if so called value of free speech is turned and twisted like you are doing now.
See where the world ends into .

schlumpf
03-28-2012, 12:41 AM
I state a question ,that you cannot accept the truth but feel it is a insult ... Gee religious fanatics who cannot accept anything but there own version of life or there own version of truth .

Realize that you just described yourself and not Gabbahh.

Go watch peperspray in America university on net , then come back with shame on me .
That is reality not some ad hominems , if so called value of free speech is turned and twisted like you are doing now.
I wonder if parascience could have advanced more if so many people would not become attached to their variant and attack people who don't believe in that. But let us assume your "Global Conciousness" exists as a real effect. How would that effect a cookie-cutter PRNG with no cryptographic relevance, and how would you propose to use it?

Gabbahh
03-28-2012, 12:43 AM

And another ad hominem.
And what has free speech to do with it?

And what is this truth and facts you speak off? I havent seen them in any of your postings.

Just a lot of bad reasoning and attacks.
Please continue, I'm having fun

slackerboy
03-28-2012, 03:35 AM
@Swifty, I tell you after a week you will rethink this strategy, if you do not have people asking you to stop robbing them constantly. At least look for the Collection Agencies, Lofts(rare) and the even rarer Empire Theaters in addition to this.
Also another good bet is the Wedding Chapel(5 RP/3 XP), but for reason people get upset when you rob this one!

Dravak
03-28-2012, 11:48 AM
And another ad hominem.
And what has free speech to do with it?

And what is this truth and facts you speak off? I havent seen them in any of your postings.

Just a lot of bad reasoning and attacks.
Please continue, I'm having fun

Thank you for admitting since you admit ... Have fun.

Will just link the world of yours .

Can never happen in your world offcourse of ad hominems
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYQqiyR2THs

But then again keep on doing what you do best have fun :)

Dreno33
03-28-2012, 12:18 PM

but the thing is, gold units are also included in the "Loot" category. what else could be falsely included in the loot?

Max Power
03-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Huh?

The OP was comparing respect to experinece points ratio between robbing laundrymats vs PvP, and determined from that data alone, that PvP wan't worth it. I suggested that not counting PvP drops means they calculation isn't fair, since there is value in those drops. Pretty simple, really.

I guess I don't understand your question.....

Dreno33
03-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Huh?

The OP was comparing respect to experinece points ratio between robbing laundrymats vs PvP, and determined from that data alone, that PvP wan't worth it. I suggested that not counting PvP drops means they calculation isn't fair, since there is value in those drops. Pretty simple, really.

I guess I don't understand your question.....

you were talking about loot items and what you earn from them from PvP but the thing is. the loot category isn't very accurate considering it includes gold items. what else might it include that was obtained differently than actual loot?