PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a plan for moving forward

Holicaholic
03-26-2012, 07:43 PM
This is my third event and I have yet to get the 4th weapon. NO, THIS IS NOT A CRYBABY TOPIC. I am ok with not getting the weapons (might still get the one going on right now, who knows), BUT I'm not really ok with newer people not having the opportunity to get these weapons.

I've come up with a possible solution:

The premise of this being that there are no more events and the weapons and availability are a constant. The prices to unlock the various boxes would be higher, perhaps 200x the player's level instead of 100x, and the gold price could be upped as well (or lowered, since time wouldn't be as much of an issue you might get more sales that way). Instead of a metric of the player's level it could also be a percentage of their IPH, between 10 and 20 percent would probably be the maximum you would want to go.

The lockbox/wall safe/boss bag could be determined by level as well, so as not to give one player a significant advantage at a lower level. I assume another one or two options for a reward have come up in your admin meetings. You could use the previous weapons along with the new ones (that aren't out yet) and divide up the level/weapon bracket all the way up to the last few levels of the game. Or you could let the loot drops be random and available to everyone. They could be as they are now (weapon specific) or they could all be the same "item" and you could choose which weapon tree to go down first.

Obviously there would be some kinks to work out, like how you would handle the level specific items if they aren't obtained by the level cap, or if the player had already passed the level, and things like that. This idea, I feel, could turn into a better idea than the events that we have now because it make it so anyone who just picked up the game wouldn't be at any kind of disadvantage by missing the previous events.

A response (positive or negative) would be very much appreciated, Funzio. :)

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 07:47 PM
I like this and I'm going to try and follow the movement of it but I have a question.

Couldn't the items that I've missed out on due to being new possibly help motivate me to get my feet wet and
try my hardest to become a heavy hitter on my own? IE buy gold, practice, read a lot, play a lot so on....

Maybe I'm way off base, no offense, just spit balling. Good thread though.

:)

Holicaholic
03-26-2012, 07:51 PM
The no bank fee and the 20% rob bonus items don't have a work-around. The RP item can be worked around by buying gold items and not needing RP items. So, I don't think there is really a substitute for the, now, majority of the items.

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 07:59 PM
The no bank fee and the 20% rob bonus items don't have a work-around. The RP item can be worked around by buying gold items and not needing RP items. So, I don't think there is really a substitute for the, now, majority of the items.

Which to me if I put myself in the shoes of someone who didn't even have a chance to get these..
Well I'd get off my tushy and aim to get on the boat so I don't miss the next one, or just get what I could!

Holicaholic
03-27-2012, 05:20 AM
But for some people it will have nothing to do with laziness. If you JUST started the game then you have NO chance to get +1 respect or free banking, and barely a chance to get +20% from robberies. These aren't things you can really create a work-around for.

Dipstik
03-27-2012, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of opportunity to get older items. Power Creep is a universal phenomenon in games like this... things gradually become MORE powerful over time. Old items become obsolete. A year from now, I doubt the Sig or Burner will even be on a new player's radar.

Events are fun, btw... only 15 gold spent (accidental click) and none of the top items yet, but I hope there are more of them.

fuzzy
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
Question - I read the 20% jobs payout more for map missions. Are saying we get the Funzio tax money that usually disappears when we rob someone from there building?

Thinks
03-27-2012, 02:00 PM
While I see your conscious effort and attempt to improve the game... I think you missed identifying a key reason for the current conditions.

While it does limit any new players, going forward, from obtaining the item, it causes a sense of urgency in the players currently playing. It is that sense of urgency that drives them to spend real money on gold to better their chances of obtaining the final weapon in that event.

If there is no deadline, there is no urgency. If I know I have endless amounts of time to work towards a weapon, I'm less likely to spend real money on it. In the current setup, if I don't get all ten collectable items prior to the timer expiring then I'm SOL. With them not having re-released the same weapon, one is left thinking I HAVE TO GET IT NOW, if i ever want it. Meaning they'll part with real life currency to ensure they have that weapon prior to the event ending.

Make sense? Don't know if I explained that very well.

fuzzy
03-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Question - I read the 20% jobs payout more for map missions. Are saying we get the Funzio tax money that usually disappears when we rob someone from there building?

OK - since know one answered me I shall ask again or do we not know yet because know one has number 10. Does the 20% include robs?

If so it makes a big difference to me on how much effort I put into the current Boss Bag event. Think of the extra money I would get when I hit someone's LM. LOL

Max Power
03-28-2012, 10:14 AM
I would really love clarification on hat the 20% means. If I get my 10th contraband, I will nag Funzio until I get an answer.

fuzzy
03-28-2012, 10:23 AM
L Fizzle can you confirm what the 20% means?