PDA

View Full Version : Mark, Fizzle, anyone! Please comment on the 499 deal!

i need muney
03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
This "players dropping to 499" deal has gotten outrageous and it's getting worse.
Some people who are against this tactic were forced to reduce to 499 on cause of being constantly attacked by 499ers. Attacking them back leave's legit players in a disadvantage, wasting stamina that doesnt count towards thug life.
I've seen a lot of suggestions. The most reasonable to me is to count a successful attack towards Thug Life ONLY if the player has an equal or higher mafia than it is required to attack.
Example: Thug Life requires to attack players with 500 mafia
499 wins over 500 = no progress
500+ wins over 500 = +1 to TL
One can still get a member, attack, drop to 499 and wait for his stamina, but that is much more fiddly.
A more radical solution is to zero the progress if one drops to 499 during his 500 TL.

Funzio's feedback is very important to us. Please shed some light here.

nvbealone
03-26-2012, 10:16 AM
very highly doubt we will see any corrections done to this 499 saga

Thinks
03-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Some people who are against this tactic were forced to reduce to 499 on cause of being constantly attacked by 499ers.

I'm just curious and I am in no way trying to start a fight or argument, but how does others dropping to 499 "force" you to drop to 499? You still have the free choice to stay at 500 or drop to 499, no? Is it a bad thing to to be getting attacked more often? Does it have any impact on your game? (Asking these questions in all seriousness, as there may be an aspect to the game which I don't quite understand or haven't expirienced yet because I'm not at that level.

The one thing I will stand behind, though, is that any one who has dropped to 499 should not be complaining about the issue. This would be similar to an individual complaining about how welfare is abused by too many, only to turn around and abuse the welfare system themself.

koralene
03-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Funzio please address this issue... it's not fair that they get the benefits of the awards by not contributing by having 500 or more mafia.

i need muney
03-26-2012, 10:27 AM
very highly doubt we will see any corrections done to this 499 saga
What's with the mood sailor? Get that mop and scrub the deck three times from fore to aft, on the double!

I'm just curious...
When you are caught up in a flow that is 80% 499ers, that constantly attack you, cost you money and you stand before a decision to camp it off, attack back and fall behind in TL or just bear with it. With all those choices not being satisfactory solution, it's not a long time before one decides to drop a member and live on.

Holicaholic
03-26-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm not 499 but I'm also not at max mafia for my level (96). I do this because I can't compete with the players who do have max mafia. Mostly because of gold expenditures.

G Wiz
03-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Just change it from thug life to championship rounds would be my solution. That way everyone is eligible for a beating.

Giedrius
03-26-2012, 11:09 AM
I dropped to 499 today. I am sick of it - 70% of my list 499. Why should I be different? I'm even considering to take a break from Thug Live ( I'm on 237) it's boring to keep refreshing list. I called 499 cowards, but now it's more of them then 500 so now I call all 500 not very smart... Last week by staying on 500 I been constantly attacked by big boys and probably I annoyed some others. Funzio make Thug missions 500 club only!!!

nvbealone
03-26-2012, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=i need muney;144359]What's with the mood sailor? Get that mop and scrub the deck three times from fore to aft, on the double!

aye aye Sir!!

Fig Oni
03-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm Anyone,

The 499 issue is not an issue if you can't beat them join them.
Also maybe you should forget the goal and go 499 bashing.
Then make a thread of quote of the message they left you after the beat down.

Hank
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
@HOLIC, maybe its because of the "end game" weapon strategy you are using when you are not an "end game" player. Change your style and you should be able to dominate like the rest of the people who use the forums.

Swifty
03-26-2012, 11:20 AM
I am an avid reader of the forums, and I am not dominating anything or anyone.

Maybe it is a reading comprehension problem.

L Fizzle
03-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Hold on guys....I see you and hear you...let me take a walk over to the dev team. :)

Holicaholic
03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
@HOLIC, maybe its because of the "end game" weapon strategy you are using when you are not an "end game" player. Change your style and you should be able to dominate like the rest of the people who use the forums.

What? If I don't start an endgame strategy now then it will take even longer later on. Plus I USED to be pathetically underpowered. When I asked for advice I had people tell me to lower my mafia and that has helped a lot (40 or so levels ago mind you). I'm not getting the full value for any of the drops/purchases I get (except vehicles) but not nearly enough of a spread to justify filling out my mafia.

Also, the only real "endgame" strategy I employ is not buying yamahas.

L Fizzle
03-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Hey guys...

We are concerned that if we change the requirement from 500 to 499 then what is to stop players from dropping to 498?

We're aware of the issue and want to find a solution. Anyone have any constructive insights or thoughts?

L Fizz

koralene
03-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey guys...

We are concerned that if we change the requirement from 500 to 499 then what is to stop players from dropping to 498?

We're aware of the issue and want to find a solution. Anyone have any constructive insights or thoughts?

L Fizz

yeah... simple... if you don't have 500 mafia, you can't participate. the goals don't show up.

TRAZ
03-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks for replying L Fizzle.

Thoughts:
Should have 500 mafia to get the Thug Life Rounds, otherwise Hardcore Hitman Rounds only for those with 499 or less.

I always keep my mafia above 500 personally.

Also, wasn't there some gain by getting 500...I forgot what you got if you had 500 members...what it a vehicle or something? Maybe lose that too until you get 500.

Hank
03-26-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey guys...

L Fizz

You could make it so that you can only complete the thug life goals if you have both conditions met:

1) You have 500 mafia yourself
2) You are attacking someone with over 500 mafia.

nvbealone
03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Hey guys...

L Fizz

hi L Fizz, there are a few suggestions listed by fellow members here which are rather constructive. dropping to 499 for TLG isnt a solution as people will do down to 498. we need to make it more impactful.

IE, they cant participate in TLG if anyone is below 500.

Dorian Gray
03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Hey guys...

L Fizz

We've discussed making it so you have to have at least 500 mafia to have your wins count towards the goal. If you want the benefit of attacking people with 500 mafia then you should have to have 500 mafia as well.

Giedrius
03-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Hey guys...

L Fizz high level Thug Life mission goal is fight against mafias with 500 members, why should small guys (499) is able to do that mission? Make it 500 club. If you don't have 500 members you don't have this mission. This strategy allready in game. If I'm not mistaken to build nightclub you need to have certain amount of mafia. Hardcore hit man rounds requires certain level, other buildings requires certain level. Why should Thug Life should be any different ? Current rules let us cheat system.

dudeman
03-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Thug Life goals require players to beat rivals with a certain mafia size. In order to participate in the goal, the minimum mafia size requirement should be the same for both the aggressor and the defender.

A much more complicated solution could be to alter the rivals list. Change it so that players with >500 mafia do not appear on the lists of players with <500 mafia.

i need muney
03-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Hey guys...

L Fizz
Fizz, read the origin.
Oh and thanks for replying ;)

Dravak
03-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Fizz didn't want to reply but the whole issue is to make thug life 400, simple as that nobody of the min max going to take a 2000-10000 hit on attack and defense .

While maintaining a structure for the lower levels .
So if people want to drop to 399 to avoid attack they will weaken themselves severly , and raising back 101 allies isn't that easy .

Caleb
03-26-2012, 12:54 PM
From a below level 100 perspective, I've been doing Thug Life missions of attacking players with 500 mafia for some time now, although I haven't reached 500 yet myself since I've only been adding mafia as I increase level. But I can understand implementing a 500 requirement for the attacker's mafia.

Seems like if the goal states that you must remain with at least 500 members in your mafia for a fight to count towards the total, that would be sufficient for someone to understand why they weren't getting credit if they shed mafia.

Slickster
03-26-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm Anyone,

The 499 issue is not an issue if you can't beat them join them.
Also maybe you should forget the goal and go 499 bashing.
Then make a thread of quote of the message they left you after the beat down. excellant idea, I'm definitely in support of this, may come up with a novel with this and eventullay could port into a movie calling it "THE 499's %#@$

L Fizzle
03-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Taken to the team. Thanks everyone! :)

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Taken to the team. Thanks everyone! :)

Kickin butt and taking names! :)

nvbealone
03-26-2012, 01:33 PM
awesome!! hope to see the positive changes ASAP!

Max Power
03-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I prefer he 500 idea over the 400 idea, but honestly, we have been complaining about this for 3 months. Why does it seem that this is the first anybody has heard of it over there.

Chop chop! Empowered customers, yada yada.....

;)

Joeycool
03-26-2012, 02:34 PM
I was really close to suggesting everyone just reduced their mafia to 499.

I really hope something is done about this dirty cowardly underhand tactic.

dudeman
03-26-2012, 02:45 PM
I was really close to suggesting everyone just reduced their mafia to 499.

I really hope something is done about this dirty cowardly underhand tactic.

I hear that. I was actually prepared to see everyone dropping to 499 before I saw any action taken on the Funzio side. It will be nice if they have me eating my shorts for once (instead of eating theirs! jk).

erik
03-26-2012, 03:36 PM
That is a very sensible solution that is being suggested. Perfect.

In this environment, there are only 3 good reasons to be 499.

a.) You are not participating in Thug Life goals until you are more powerful and finish farming your M4s.

b.) You have completed all Thug Life goals and given others the same opportunity to do the same off you and have dropped down with the 499ers because they have been freeloading long enough.

c.) You are over 35, live at home with mom and still pee sitting down.

Seriously though, it is getting a bit embarrassing out there, especially for folks with much higher stats than mine.

Ghost818
03-26-2012, 03:40 PM
That is a very sensible solution that is being suggested. Perfect.

In this environment, there are only 3 good reasons to be 499.

a.) You are not participating in Thug Life goals until you are more powerful and finish farming your M4s.

b.) You have completed all Thug Life goals and given others the same opportunity to do the same off you and have dropped down with the 499ers because they have been freeloading long enough.

c.) You are over 35, live at home with mom and still pee sitting down.

Seriously though, it is getting a bit embarrassing out there, especially for folks with much higher stats than mine.Read your PMs mr bandit.

Babytway
03-26-2012, 03:53 PM
499 is for real cowards the word mangina comes to mind lolol. im at 500 never goin to go below, gonna take the beatings, go to sleep, wake up and have a brand new day and not scared of getting a beat down today cuz im at 500. if ppl are doing this to protect there stats of wins/losses your stats are not honest if your hiding out

i need muney
03-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks all'o yo ;) Let's hope for the better.

jobadass
03-26-2012, 07:12 PM
The squeaky wheels are about to get their grease. I still find it funny how people moan about Funzio changing things, then they want Funzio to change things.
It's a game people

i need muney
03-26-2012, 07:16 PM
The squeaky wheels are about to get their grease. I still find it funny how people moan about Funzio changing things, then they want Funzio to change things.
It's a game people
You dont be flaming round my door :D on topic, please.

fuzz bunny
03-26-2012, 07:19 PM
These threads crack me up! Seriously folks, is 499 more cowardly than buying gold??? I have seen plenty of people bragging about stats that buy, isn't that cowardly? You can't hang so you pay?

Bottom line, this is a game and to play the game you enlist as many tactics as you can: camping, farming, spending real cash, keeping a smaller mafia and now 499ing... It's what makes the game entertaining.

499 isn't about stats, stats mean ****...it's about keeping more of your cash...it's simple!

Have at it haters

erik
03-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Fuzz Bunny,

Do you think CCM bought his sweet Neon with rainbows and high fives?

fuzz bunny
03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
A catchy response, but I'm not slamming gold, it is a tactic and it supports the game...but no less cowardly than 499. And this thread is no less whiny than non gold players crying about gold players...and especially high levels attacking lower levels.

It's a game...quit crying!

jobadass
03-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Gonna have to go on record in support of Fuzz Bunny on this one. It's a game, if they change the rules, adapt. Play it your way and own it. The 499er haters have a point, but your point doesn't do me any good.

Steve0
03-26-2012, 08:12 PM
+1 fuzz alot of crying going on latly

flop
03-26-2012, 08:54 PM
I still think it would be funny if everyone (and I mean everyone) goes 499.

i need muney
03-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Don't mention the silly 499ers trying to flame-on. Just add your suggestions if you have any :)

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Gonna have to go on record in support of Fuzz Bunny on this one. It's a game, if they change the rules, adapt. Play it your way and own it. The 499er haters have a point, but your point doesn't do me any good.

I just wish the common person knew how to adapt. Those who have the ability to be aware and adapt aren't all that common. Oh well...Good comment though! :)

dudeman
03-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Thug Life Round XXX

We're not afraid of anybody, I don't care how big their crew is. It's time to prove that to the world.

Win XXX fights against rivals with 500 or more mafia members.

1) Most 499ers appear to be afraid of something. Regardless of however clever and/or reasonable the explanation, a lot of players who drop to 499 mafia are doing so to avoid some undesired effect that they experience with a full mob. They are afraid of something that happens when their mfia size is 500. If "we're not afraid of anybody" is true, it should be part of the prerequisite for opening Thug Life goals.
2) If "I don't care how big their crew is," why is there a mafia size requirement for Thug Life goals? Anyone should be able to target anyone. No rival should be safe.

Questions to 499ers: Are you noticing how it is increasingly difficult to spot rivals with full mobs on the rivals list? Are you unaffected by this? Do you try to complete Thug Life goals yourselves? If not, is there any opposition to a prerequisite of having 500 mafia members to participate in Thug Life?

i need muney
03-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Dude, dont fall for provocation as if this is a discussion. 499ers are an issue. Period.
Only question is what will funzio do about it.

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 10:45 PM
"We're not afraid of anybody, I don't care how big their crew is. It's time to prove that to the world." - That just reminds me of the honey badger. I keep thinking of the honey badger, I need help.

Jill
03-26-2012, 10:53 PM
This all relates to so many things for example.
Since I didnt reach my set target of MA's I have had to adapt my playing strategy. I have 366 MA's and my other weapons above the MA's attack and defence rating add up to 59, mainly gold items. I have therefore decided to level my mafia at 366 + 59= 425 which has worked really well for me, I increase the number of mafia if higher weapons are added.

My suggestion is no one should be allowed to participate in TL if they are below 500, those who are on 499 and move up to 500 to attack and then move back to 499 cannot fight in TL for a (say) 2 week period. However those players like myself who are trying to strengthen their stats in different ways will accept the rule and get on with their game plan. Should that game plan change then they can move up to 500 level and reenter the TL.

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 11:08 PM
This all relates to so many things for example.
Since I didnt reach my set target of MA's I have had to adapt my playing strategy. I have 366 MA's and my other weapons above the MA's attack and defence rating add up to 59, mainly gold items. I have therefore decided to level my mafia at 366 + 59= 425 which has worked really well for me, I increase the number of mafia if higher weapons are added.

My suggestion is no one should be allowed to participate in TL if they are below 500, those who are on 499 and move up to 500 to attack and then move back to 499 cannot fight in TL for a (say) 2 week period. However those players like myself who are trying to strengthen their stats in different ways will accept the rule and get on with their game plan. Should that game plan change then they can move up to 500 level and reenter the TL.

Interesting.

dudeman
03-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Dude, dont fall for provocation as this is a discussion. 499ers are an issue. Period.
Only question is what will funzio do about it.

I am just discussing man. All good.

I just had to point out that based on the words I see in the Thug Life goal screen, there are two somewhat self contradictory statements.

Firstly, the goal states "we're not afraid of anybody." Dropping to 499 is a sign of fear and being a 499er should mean you are ineligible for Thug Life goals. You can provide any reasonable explanation for dropping to 499, and it could make perfect sense, but that doesn't excuse it from being anything other than an avoidance tactic.

Secondly, it seems like 499ers shouldn't even be an issue in the first place. The goal also says "I don't care how big their crew is." If that were true, no one would be safe because any and every mafia size would count towards Thug Life goals.

That presents two obvious solutions.

1) Mafia size prerequisite. Require players to have, at a minimum, the same size mafia as the rivals they are required to beat for that specific goal. If the goals asks that you beat X number of players with 100 mafia members, you should be required to have a minimum mafia size of 100 members.

2) Make all rivals eligible targets, regardless of mafia size. No one should be safe on the mean streets of Crime City.

My questions to 499ers were just out of curiosity. I used to be a 499er (months ago) and I asked myself those same questions before scrapping the 499 idea and keeping a 500+ mafia size.

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 11:21 PM
"1) Mafia size prerequisite. Require players to have, at a minimum, the same size mafia as the rivals they are required to beat for that specific goal. If the goals asks that you beat X number of players with 100 mafia members, you should be required to have a minimum mafia size of 100 members.

2) Make all rivals eligible targets, regardless of mafia size. No one should be safe on the mean streets of Crime City."

Those actually make sense and appeal to me, I wonder how many people will read and comment on this. Not just interesting but, awesome. :)

Dorian Gray
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
499 isn't about stats, stats mean ****...it's about keeping more of your cash...it's simple!

Have at it haters

Out of all the people I attack with 500+ mafia to complete the thug life goals, I never get any cash because no one keeps cash on hand. So I guess it's really not as simple as you like to make out.

Ramshutu
03-27-2012, 11:00 AM
I have 330 mafia and am pretty competitive with people at my level up to 500. I have no problem with adding more mafia, but for those without forum access, gaining the extra mafia will take time if someone is at 300 or so. (6 per day VIP invites)

This is my biggest concern is the above.

Would it make sense to have the reward for higher level thug life missions being +10 mafia/allies a a result (up to a limit of 500 grunts), with lower levels yielding fewer allies.

This way, those completing missions with 499 will inevitably get to the position where they can no longer drop allies. But also has the benefit that those who don't have 500 allies at lower levels will not be forced to spend the time trawling through the lists.

Murda
03-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Remember your history. When the British invaded the US, their idea of war was to line-up out in the open and exchange shots with the opponent. They had more dudes in their army so they were good at this. The smaller army of the US said, WTF would we do that for, that's just dumb. (direct quote from General Washington). So they hid behind hills, came in rushing from the tree-lines to get the advantage. There were no rules that they had to follow so they adapted to a strategy of how they could succeed. the British then had to adapt to the American style to combat that style.

If there is no rule preventing 499'ers, then they are only doing the smart thing for them(not the smart thing for you!). Those against 499'ers should only attack 499'ers relentlessly until they all realize they are being targeted for being wussies.

Wait, that doesn't allow you to meet your own thug life goals?????? Imagine that......maybe that's what the 499'ers are banking on.

disclosure....i am not a 499'er, but I think they have every right to adopt any strategy they like.

deuces
03-27-2012, 11:36 AM
disclosure....i am not a 499'er, but I think they have every right to adopt any strategy they like.

And clearly they have. People are now asking funzio to change the rules to allow for better gameflow.

Ramshutu
03-27-2012, 11:45 AM
And clearly they have. People are now asking funzio to change the rules to allow for better gameflow.

While, according to the analogy, you should be asking the french/Spanish/dutch for assistance.

Max Power
03-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Remember your history. When the British invaded the US, their idea of war was to line-up out in the open and exchange shots with the opponent. They had more dudes in their army so they were good at this. The smaller army of the US said, WTF would we do that for, that's just dumb. (direct quote from General Washington). So they hid behind hills, came in rushing from the tree-lines to get the advantage. There were no rules that they had to follow so they adapted to a strategy of how they could succeed. the British then had to adapt to the American style to combat that style.

That's great. We can have everybody hiding in the tree lines and no war. Hardly the point of the game.

Murda
03-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Funzio needs to change the motivation for the 499'ers. right now the only loss is a few att/def points and some loss of others' respect.

Proposed solution: For every continous week of maintaining 500 or more mafia, you get a reward of 5 Gold, or a big chunk of cash. That would still allow for some to choose 499 over the reward, but would probably entice many to step up and take their beating.

deuces
03-27-2012, 11:55 AM
why would funzio want to give out so much free gold as a resolution to this issue?

dudeman
03-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Out of all the people I attack with 500+ mafia to complete the thug life goals, I never get any cash because no one keeps cash on hand. So I guess it's really not as simple as you like to make out.

Most people who give "saving cash" as the reason for being a 499er are referring to defense explosives. That is a pretty simple reason.

The simple solution would be to not buy defense explosives if you don't like replacing them. Or rob rivals and get them to buy all your bombs. There are many solutions for the defense explosives issue that don't involve resorting to the 499 strategy.

Murda
03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
why would funzio want to give out so much free gold as a resolution to this issue?

yea I realized that after my post and added "or in-game cash" cause funzio ain't giving out gold......

Stucson
03-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Hold on guys....I see you and hear you...let me take a walk over to the dev team. :)

I think the best solution should be you should have to have 500 mafia to participate in these Thug Life 500 goals. That way if you want to drop to 499 to avoid being attacked that is fine, but then you do not get to participate in Thug Life 500 goals.

Or create an new awesome goal that is for people who only have 500+ mafia.

Murda
03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Or create an new awesome goal that is for people who only have 500+ mafia.

I like this, If I'm scheming to not get attacked by holding 499 mafia, a "500 limit" wouldn't stop me from adding one mafia when I log-in, attaking who I want, then dropping a mafia back to 499 while I'm sleeping.

Dorian Gray
03-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Most people who give "saving cash" as the reason for being a 499er are referring to defense explosives. That is a pretty simple reason.

Oh, gotcha dudeman. Didn't look at it that way.

Demoni696
03-27-2012, 03:49 PM
As far as I am concerned the 500 situation dose need an solution. However until said solution is found I am staying at 499, and I don't appreciate being called a coward for it. I am taking advantage of the games mechanics to gain an advantage.

I would be happy to bump my mob back up to 500 members if the advantage I am exploiting goes away, until then 499 it is.

Regarding the 50 members + to participate in the Thug missions, it's a good idea in principle however there are some flaws. I was doing Thug 500 missions when I only had 330 mob members, I was not even at an level that allowed me to have 500 members. However I was able to see gangs that had 500 members on my attack list.

An solution to that would be at an certain thug life mission # say mission 150 you would need to have 500+ members in your mob. That way the natural progression would force you to strengthen your mob and add members to your ranks. So you could only get so far with less than 500 members.

Another possible solution that I know it has been talked about before would be to re-write the rules so that you do not need to attack mobs with 500 members but instead fight mobs with say 400 members. That was if you want to fall under the radar you would need to remove 100 members from your mob and greatly weaken it by doing so.

I think that there is no easy patch to the situation and the only solution would be an number of changes. Especially in how rivals lists are populated. Like Bruiser mentioned in another thread he is being seen by rivals 20-30 levels ahead of him that are much more powerful. Forcing people to bump up to 500 members at higher levels really makes them a target as they are weaker than there rivals due mainly to the fact they are a lower lever (thus less RP points earned).

Oh well guess we will see what the dev team comes up with.....

Jill
03-28-2012, 08:33 AM
That's great. We can have everybody hiding in the tree lines and no war. Hardly the point of the game.

Max I just love your replies in threads such as this, your just so funny, to the point and hardman all at the sometime lol

i need muney
03-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Bumparoonie.

i need muney
03-29-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm starting to see a increase in 499ers past lvl 120 :/
Any official update? Ever...

Chiefer
03-29-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm starting to see a increase in 499ers past lvl 120 :/
Any official update? Ever...

Judging from the last post. Don't level above 120.

TooDeadly
03-29-2012, 11:51 PM
I agree, staying at 500+ yields no advantages so why not drop to 499, there a very few disadvantages thats for sure. In order to fix this you simply change the qualifying check on the thug life and even hardcore hitman goals above level 100 to make sure they have 500+ mafia, if you dont you cant qualify for completing your own thug life and hardcore hitman goals. Its that simple.

Chiefer
03-30-2012, 12:02 AM
Are these thug life's infinite?

i need muney
03-31-2012, 09:59 PM
I thinks there's 299 or 300 of them.

Spoon86
03-31-2012, 10:44 PM
If everyone is upset that they can't do the Thug Life goal because people dropped to 499 then go do the boards on you goal list and stop whining.
I dropped to 499 because my mob is badly equipped and now that M4A1's and DD's are nerfed I can't keep up with most people on my rival list so why be a target?
Its really Funzio's fault for allowing gold to be to strong and no usable farming weapons for HL to compete on par with gold users.

There isn't many strategies you can use against gold users, Actually I think 499 is the only one that I can think of and now you want to ***** about it because you can't gain TL while rolling on us?

k0de
04-01-2012, 12:08 AM
If everyone is upset that they can't do the Thug Life goal because people dropped to 499 then go do the boards on you goal list and stop whining.
I dropped to 499 because my mob is badly equipped and now that M4A1's and DD's are nerfed I can't keep up with most people on my rival list so why be a target?

So now that you're at 499, is your mob any better equipped?

Anyway, without the M4 or DD I guess the best you could hope to do would be to equip with RPG's and Excelero's. Sure, you need to collect a heap of respect to get them but fortunately there are new Thug Life goals to complete which give you 500 Respect for each one you complete. All you need to do is find one of the six players who still has more than 500 mafia and defeat them about 100 times or so (though since you're so poorly equipped, only 3 of those 6 are opponents you're capable of defeating). Good luck!

Max Power
04-01-2012, 06:24 AM
There isn't many strategies you can use against gold users, Actually I think 499 is the only one that I can think of and now you want to ***** about it because you can't gain TL while rolling on us?

I dunno, you think it's fair for you to do TL on us?

Spoon86
04-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I dunno, you think it's fair for you to do TL on us?
Nothing fair about this game at all, You go into peoples hoods and steal from them thats the fundamental's of this game.

Now you want me to 500 mob to cater to your needs so you can do thug life while you steal from me?
Nothing is fair about this game you should no that by now.

i need muney
04-01-2012, 08:55 AM
I like my new siggy :D

Max Power
04-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Nothing fair about this game at all, You go into peoples hoods and steal from them thats the fundamental's of this game.

Now you want me to 500 mob to cater to your needs so you can do thug life while you steal from me?
Nothing is fair about this game you should no that by now.

Actually, I don't "want" you to do anything. There is little on this planet I could care less about.

See you soon.

cyt
04-01-2012, 09:20 AM
These threads crack me up! Seriously folks, is 499 more cowardly than buying gold??? I have seen plenty of people bragging about stats that buy, isn't that cowardly? You can't hang so you pay?

Bottom line, this is a game and to play the game you enlist as many tactics as you can: camping, farming, spending real cash, keeping a smaller mafia and now 499ing... It's what makes the game entertaining.

Have at it haters

Exactly. What I've been saying all along. Don't force others to play your way.

i need muney
04-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Exactly. What I've been saying all along. Don't force others to play your way.
Our ways do not suit you, comrade Cyt?
http://alternathistory.org.ua/files/230312_joseph-stalin-photo.JPG

cyt
04-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Our ways do not suit you, comrade Cyt?

OUR ways do not suit you, Herr muney?

http://19justinbrown88.yolasite.com/resources/young-adolf-hitler.jpg

i need muney
04-01-2012, 11:04 AM
*doublefacepalm*

Swifty
04-02-2012, 05:49 AM
It would be nice to get a definitive statement from Funzio on this subject.

Santa
04-02-2012, 08:04 AM

+1

Good luck with that. They must be on Spring Break! :)

Gaming Will
04-02-2012, 09:25 AM
+1

Good luck with that. They must be on Spring Break! :)

Hey buddy, are you at school and checking out the forum? :)

i need muney
04-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Haven't seen anyone for quite some time. O funzio, funzio, wherefore art thou funzio?

wilma
04-02-2012, 12:38 PM
here's an idea. re-populate ur rival list by turning on your own mafia.

frenda
04-02-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm not at that level yet, so I'm more asking than stating. What's to stop someone from adding one member, doing thug life, then dropping one again to get below 500? Maybe one solution would be to have the timer stop on accruing money in certain high-level buildings. Make it hurt in the wallet. Yeah, you're not getting hit while at 499, but you're also not making money off your high-yield building(s). Just a thought. I'm all about trying to make the game fun for everyone, since we all benefit in the long-run. And I don't use gold except for what I get from Tapjoy, but also believe the gold users should have the advantage. You spend that much money, you should get something for it. I pay for it indirectly by having to spend more time, but don't complain about things being unfair.

L Fizzle
04-02-2012, 02:25 PM
We hear you and we're looking at it. It's obviously not a simple fix. I just wrote an email to the team sharing your thoughts (mostly word for word) and ideas on the subject. Let's let them take a look and see if there are some changes made.

I'm closing the thread so we can move on guys.

L Fizzle