PDA

View Full Version : if you are a 499. please tell us why?

xclusiv
03-26-2012, 03:36 AM
hey just wondering if your a 499er, whats your reason for it?

like to hear from people at 499 and there reason as to why.

interested in hearing from a different perspective. as most threads are just about people complaining about 499ers. so nice to hear from the other side

i need muney
03-26-2012, 03:39 AM
It's a trap!

Santa
03-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Since I'm not a 499er, this is just hypothetical.

"I'm a 499er because I'm scared of stronger people that could take all my money".

Max Power
03-26-2012, 04:35 AM
The only logical explanation I have heard so far, other than insecurity about stats, is that it is to protect a large cadre of defensive explosives. My f'rst thought is, "well, what did you buy them for?", but after seeing the same knuckleheads attack me 4 or 5 times a day and lose every time, I can start to understand a little.

mexx
03-26-2012, 05:10 AM
hi guys. i will tell you.

i give a lot of money for buy explosives. i was 500 2 or 3 weeks ago. in this time a got attack many times from 180 + people. perhaps they want finish thuglife and saw in me a light victim.
all times when they attacked me, i lost my hard saved explosive.

and after each fight i must buy explosives again from my hard earned money.

its ok, when people from the same level + - 10 attack me, but i donīt want to loose my money (explosives) against people (40 or 50 levels over me) i dont have anyway a chance.

sorry for my bad english

xclusiv
03-26-2012, 06:27 AM
hey thanks i apreciate your explanation

i need muney
03-26-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm lv117 right now.
I dont know about higher levels, but I just refreshed rival list a couple of times and most 499ers are quite strong for my level.
Having 25-29k defence at level 117 and dropping to 499 is weak :))

Dillinja
03-26-2012, 09:38 AM
I've seen level 40 players with dfns of 40K hiding behind 499....they're all hermaphrodites

DuB
03-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Pure laziness (I have 466ish). I have always posted my code on my wall and accepted all requests, but I only get two or three a week. Every now and then I will input a code from here, but it is tedious. I have noticed many of my rivals who dropped from 490s-500s to the mid 400s and below at level 137.

mexx
03-26-2012, 09:57 AM
all the big guys gold player laugh about someone like me. i spent real money to in this game (ca. 400,-), but i work hard for my money and i have a family. i donīt want spend 1000īs of dollars in a game, its just for fun.

so i just build up my stats with loot items and explosives. its the only way to survive in the jungle of CC.
and when a guy like me have a 500 mob, iīll be a target two times. for thug life and for hitman challenge.
and each fight cost me a lot of my explosives and therefor money.

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 09:59 AM
all the big guys gold player laugh about someone like me. i spent real money to in this game (ca. 400,-), but i work hard for my money and i have a family. i donīt want spend 1000īs of dollars in a game, its just for fun.

so i just build up my stats with loot items and explosives. its the only way to survive in the jungle of CC.
and when a guy like me have a 500 mob, iīll be a target two times. for thug life and for hitman challenge.

I respect this. 100%.

Dillinja
03-26-2012, 10:04 AM

Hang on, let me just try and make sense of what you've written as I dont want to misconstrue.
You've spent real money buying explosives? or you bought gold buildings and with the income from them you've bought explosives?

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 10:05 AM
He's saying he has a family and can only spend so much so he has to play in a way some might not understand, and he thinks I have a masculine jaw line and nice hands.

Dillinja
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
hmmm...wasnt Hostel also set in Austria. I think you've hit 3rd base

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 10:26 AM
hmmm...wasnt Hostel also set in Austria. I think you've hit 3rd base

Sweet! Must have 10 characters.

G Wiz
03-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Hang on, let me just try and make sense of what you've written as I dont want to misconstrue.
You've spent real money buying explosives? or you bought gold buildings and with the income from them you've bought explosives?I was thinking that he seems to have spent gold for in game cash which he used for explosives...

Swifty
03-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I have 390 mafia because I have been experimenting with how changing your mafia size changes your rivals list.

I had 1700+ mafia at one point (yes, I know, that was dumb considering that I was not willing to stay above 1000).

Hey, I just like trying different things.

koralene
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
i'm thinking of dropping to 499... because i'm feeling charitable hahahaha =p

Pekersss
03-26-2012, 11:50 AM
I have 475 because I haven't reached 500 yet. I will not, however, stop at 499- I'm doing TL missions, so it seems right to me to be in the pool for those doing TL missions as well.

dudeman
03-26-2012, 12:09 PM
I played the 499 game the first time new Thug Life goals were introduced because I had a few relentless rivals who I had no intention of helping to complete their TL goals. I still wasn't using defense explosives at the time.

With this latest addition to Thug Life, I am staying above 500 and I am using defense explosives. All of which are paid for by 499ers. Ok, I spend job rewards on defense explosives sometimes too, but it's a lot more satisfying to rob a 499er and spend every penny on explosives.

Admittedly, I considered dropping back to 499 for about 10 minutes the other day because of how much red accompanies the green in my news feed (losing explosives when rivals attack and lose), but then I decided I would rather slow down TL and invest a bit of stamina into making some 499ers pay.

xclusiv
03-26-2012, 07:28 PM
interesting

mexx
03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
You've spent real money buying explosives? or you bought gold buildings and with the income from them you've bought explosives?

iīve spent real money for gold buildings and gold items. it was ca. $ 400,- and i think its enough real money. i bought my explosives with income money from my buildings.

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 10:18 PM
iīve spent real money for gold buildings and gold items. it was ca. $ 400,- and i think its enough real money. i bought my explosives with income money from my buildings.

Interesting.

Nudie
03-26-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't buy any defensive explosives. Don't see the point in it as there will always be someone stronger than you who will get thru your defense no matter how much defensive explosives you have. I spend money on offensive explosives only as the boost in attack can help in successfully robbing juicier targets.
Never dropped to below 500, no point doing so as I do not care about my win/lose stats.
Maybe I'm lucky but so far my rivals list always has enough peeps with 500+ mob for my thug life goals. There are a lot of peeps with weak stats around my level - 135 to 145.

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't buy any defensive explosives. Don't see the point in it as there will always be someone stronger than you who will get thru your defense no matter how much defensive explosives you have. I spend money on offensive explosives only as the boost in attack can help in successfully robbing juicier targets.
Never dropped to below 500, no point doing so as I do not care about my win/lose stats.
Maybe I'm lucky but so far my rivals list always has enough peeps with 500+ mob for my thug life goals. There are a lot of peeps with weak stats around my level - 135 to 145.

Interesting.

xclusiv
03-26-2012, 10:59 PM
^ lol..........

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 11:01 PM
^ lol..........

Interesting...

Bruiser
03-27-2012, 01:24 AM
I really can't understand all this crap about why people are 499 or 500 etc. I have done more Thug Life's then most if not all people in the game and I have no worries finding people to attack. Its not that hard to hit the refresh button and look at new people on the list. So enough of the whining that "everybody is at 499"

And for the record i am a 499 because of defensive explosives. I am at level 166 now and get smashed by higher end players all the time losing 5-6million a day in explosives. If you think your economy can sustain that loss each day then fine have a go at why i am a 499. If you don't have defensive explosives then don't have a go at us for this reason alone. I don't give a stuff about win/loss ratios.

Enough is enough people. To each their own and let them play the game as it is!!!

Dillinja
03-27-2012, 02:13 AM
I really can't understand all this crap about why people are 499 or 500 etc. I have done more Thug Life's then most if not all people in the game and I have no worries finding people to attack. Its not that hard to hit the refresh button and look at new people on the list. So enough of the whining that "everybody is at 499"

And for the record i am a 499 because of defensive explosives. I am at level 166 now and get smashed by higher end players all the time losing 5-6million a day in explosives. If you think your economy can sustain that loss each day then fine have a go at why i am a 499. If you don't have defensive explosives then don't have a go at us for this reason alone. I don't give a stuff about win/loss ratios.

Enough is enough people. To each their own and let them play the game as it is!!!

Bruiser, I've lost count of the number of times you've whooped my a$$. I dont have a problem with it as thats an evolutionary part of this game.At the same time, i've lost countless number of defence explosives and I still continue to do so. My argument is if you can give it out to people who lose explosives, why cant you take it?

No doubt i'm in for another round of pom bashing but i'll still be a 500

Bruiser
03-27-2012, 02:18 AM
My argument is if you can give it out to people who lose explosives, why cant you take it?

Again i stipulate "Can your economy sustain losing 5-6million a day replenishing explosives??? I highly doubt it. When my economy is strong enough i'll move back up to the 500 level. I am sure i will get and i do have my fair share of attacks notably "Dominicano" who smashing me every opportunity he gets so don't think i am immune to it, i just take less of a beating and at my current level i can sustain the replenishing of defensive explosives.

Dillinja
03-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Come on dude, no one likes losing explosives. I hate seeing money burned as much as anyone. I just feel that when I attack people for thug life and they lose explosives, it's only fair that I should give others the opportunity also to hit their thug life numbers and if I lose explosives which I do...so be it
Maybe it's just the caring capitalist in me

K@le
03-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Again i stipulate "Can your economy sustain losing 5-6million a day replenishing explosives??? I highly doubt it. When my economy is strong enough i'll move back up to the 500 level. I am sure i will get and i do have my fair share of attacks notably "Dominicano" who smashing me every opportunity he gets so don't think i am immune to it, i just take less of a beating and at my current level i can sustain the replenishing of defensive explosives.

You say there are lots of 500 players but i see you also very much hitting me, sometimes 3 times a day with a few hours between the hits.
You hit me up for the TL goals but you dont want people to get there TL goals through you, does that sound fair ?
And then if they can't get it through you they come also to me so 500 people get slapt all day long because there are more 499 then 500 players in our range !

As for Dominicano he is a fair player if you ask him to slow down the attacks he will do that, i have him in my mob list and he is always nice to people !

As for the 499 i was 1 too, i got attacked every hour by 5 guys who where in some kind of mob maffia friends only party, only for attacking 1 of them.
Then after i 2 days Noodles beat me up and came into my wall calling me a 499 chicken and he was someway right, the guys still kept hammering me and i went up to 501 again.
A few days later i got a truce with them, and my news wall is more green then red for the moment.

Btw i am lvl 154

Max Power
03-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Bruiser, you can come up with whatever reasons you want, but it doesn't change the fundamentals of the sutuation. You are willing to play Thug Life if you can take, but not willing to play if you have to give.

It's as simple as that.

Joeycool
03-27-2012, 06:51 AM
The upshot is that people have reasons for going to 499.

It may be considered cowardly by some.

It may be considered a good tactic by other.

There is the defence explosive argument... I myself have given up on defensive explosives because they just get used up too quickly. Now when I loose it doesn't really matter because it wont cost me extra explosives.

The solution is we all go to 499. Then no one can achieve thug life goals.

Or Funzio add a simple bit of programming that stipulates you must have 500 mafia to compete in thug life.

Bruiser... have you considered that this guy may be attacking you constantly because you are 499?
That is what i will be doing when I've finished my thug life. Just attacking 499's.

Chiefer
03-27-2012, 07:21 AM
If you have over 300 post on a forum for a game with no goal..... Tell us why????

*funzio can save a lot of money, shutting the forums down, it's spammed by a VERY select group of forums members, who got enough attention. I'm looking for information now. *

Dravak
03-27-2012, 07:37 AM
I am tired of the argument you must have 500 mafia to do TL , maybe you must finish the map mission mastery before you can start to farm ?
So no loot will drop unless you finish the map 5x

No then let people play there own game and let funzio fix this min Max problem .
If people want to play 499 , let them offcourse it is unfair , but so is life making TL 500 only opens a whole can of worms that you don't want too ... Short time benefits is what people all think about .
But everybody says they are talking about longterm investment ...hypocrites

Truth is longterm investment Respect is not needed , money is not needed only gold .
Only the most expensive gold weapons , so let people play the game they want .
Isn't that what CC started out with before the whine about farming , overpowered defense buildings .
Mossberg nerf justified , but the rest of the changes is cause of select people want to herd the masses into a certain way, well guess what funzio can also herd us in a certain way .

Swifty
03-27-2012, 07:39 AM
My own perspective is that Bruiser is using the game mechanics to his own advantage, just like everyone else is using the game mechanics to their own advantage, each in their own way.

The specifics are different but the principle is the same.

I play the game in a way that gives me an advantage over some other players. And different players play the game is such a way that gives them an advantage over me.

Jill
03-27-2012, 07:46 AM
I posted this on another tread but it applies to this one as well....as Swifty says each player has their own reasons for not being at 500, this is why I'm not at this moment in time. And Funzio you must come up with a way forward here, get this resolved once and for all

Since I didnt reach my set target of MA's I have had to adapt my playing strategy. I have 366 MA's and my other weapons above the MA's attack and defence rating add up to 59, mainly gold items. I have therefore decided to level my mafia at 366 + 59= 425 which has worked really well for me, I increase the number of mafia if higher weapons are added.

My suggestion is no one should be allowed to participate in TL if they are below 500, those who are on 499 and move up to 500 to attack and then move back to 499 cannot fight in TL for a (say) 2 week period. However those players like myself who are trying to strengthen their stats in different ways will accept the rule and get on with their game plan. Should that game plan change then they can move up to 500 level and reenter the TL.

Swifty
03-27-2012, 07:50 AM
+1 Jill

I can live with that. When I am done experimenting with different mafia sizes, I can move back to 500+.

Bruiser
03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
No-one mentions the fact that i can lose 5-6mill a day in expolosves. Can anyones economy sustain those loses at this stage of the game...I certainly can't and i have a great income per hour (570k) I still need money to upgrade etc and i find this way easier to do so. When i have completed 300 Thug Life by the end of the week I WILL move myself back up to 500 and work on my economy alot more, People will have plenty of opportunity to attack me in the coming weeks as they did before the new Thug Life goals were announced. Play the game as it is and use every advantage you get because as has been metioned before Gold is what its all about and there are plenty of high end players out there.

So have a go at me, call me a coward for the 3 weeks it takes me to do 110 Thug Life goals it doesnt bother me because i was 500 and will return to 500 when im done. Thats a fact and something that probably flies over the top of some people calling me on this one...

I will stand up for 499s because the game mechanics allow it so fair play in my book

Murda
03-27-2012, 01:54 PM
Bruiser - first off I have no problems with 499. But I am just owndering about your daily losses on explosives. What would be the implications for you if you stopped buying $5-6 Million in explosives daily? Would you get attacked by more people? Would you lose considerably more from robberies or in-hand cash?

Seems to me that I would stop buying defensive explosives if I was losing that much per day and just bank/collect on time and let the fools beat me up but get no cash. Are you protecting more than $5-6 Million per day in theft losses with those explosives?

Dorian Gray
03-27-2012, 01:58 PM
I will stand up for 499s because the game mechanics allow it so fair play in my book

Your sig - "Never lose sight of the bigger picture..."

Yet you refuse to acknowledge the 'bigger picture' in this respect - If everyone went to 499 then no one could complete thug life goals.

Dorian Gray
03-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I am tired of the argument you must have 500 mafia to do TL , maybe you must finish the map mission mastery before you can start to farm ?
So no loot will drop unless you finish the map 5x

No then let people play there own game and let funzio fix this min Max problem .
If people want to play 499 , let them offcourse it is unfair , but so is life making TL 500 only opens a whole can of worms that you don't want too ... Short time benefits is what people all think about .
But everybody says they are talking about longterm investment ...hypocrites
Truth is longterm investment Respect is not needed , money is not needed only gold .
Only the most expensive gold weapons , so let people play the game they want .
Isn't that what CC started out with before the whine about farming , overpowered defense buildings .
Mossberg nerf justified , but the rest of the changes is cause of select people want to herd the masses into a certain way, well guess what funzio can also herd us in a certain way .

LMAO Wouldn't a true hypocrite be someone who wants other people to have more than 500 to complete their goals but then refuses to stay above 500 themselves! :rolleyes:

Murda
03-27-2012, 02:15 PM
If everyone went to 499 then no one could complete thug life goals.

Everyone is not going to go to 499......not going to happen.....ever

Couldn't the same logic claim that if all men were homosexuals the human race would end, so nobody can be a homosexual(except smokin hot females of course and only if under observation). Technically, maybe true, but outlandish reasoning.

There will always be suckers that play by the rules and get taken advantage of by those that find innovative ways around the rules.

Dorian Gray
03-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Everyone is not going to go to 499......not going to happen.....ever

Couldn't the same logic claim that if all men were homosexuals the human race would end, so nobody can be a homosexual(except smokin hot females of course and only if under observation). Technically, maybe true, but outlandish reasoning.

There will always be suckers that play by the rules and get taken advantage of by those that find innovative ways around the rules.

So guys just go around switching to homosexuality when that stategy suits their purpose? C'mon, that's a horrible analogy.

dudeman
03-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Stun Grenades (0/6): $3,000 each

$3,000 X 500 = $1,500,000 (x2 if you overstock the way I do)

If and when I lose Stun Grenades, on average I lose 2-3 at once if lost the fight, and 0-1 if I won the fight.

I have just over 2300 fight losses, most of which occurred before I started using defense explosives. However, let's assume I have been using Stun Grenades at the current price since day 1.

2300 fight losses X 2.5($3,000) = $17,250,000

Assuming I had been using Stun Grenades since day 1 and all fight losses were lost in defense, the cost of defense explosives would be $17,250,000/Level 155 = $111,290.3 per level.

If all of my losses had taken place within only the last 40 levels (rough guess on when I started using defense explosives) the new cost of defense explosives would be $431,250 per level.

In reality, all my fight losses did not occur only within the past 40 levels, and I haven't been using Stun Grenades at current prices since day 1, so I would estimate the true cost of defense explosives to be much lower than that.

Even if they cost $300k/day, that's 100 Stun Grenades, the cost of which can easily be robbed from rivals.

I know some 499ers who use the defense explosives excuse and hey use Stun Grenades, have fewer than 2000 fight losses, and have economies that are double mine. I can afford to stay 500+ and maintain my defense explosives.

Stun Grenades = multi-million dollar per day investment?

I think NOT.

Bruiser
03-28-2012, 01:23 AM
Dudeman, i see your logic. What i have done is moved back to 500 and forget about defensive explosives. I'll see how it goes and continue on my merry way and have Thug Life over and done with in a few days. So for everyone else i am open for revenge attacks at 500...

SupremeFaze
03-28-2012, 06:19 AM
i just deleted the weak and left only level 100+ players. u max out on friends stats at 500 it doesnt increase ( as yall already know ) so what the point of having over 500+ i have some good stats and i target 500+ like a shooting range. my stategy is to stay at 499 to avoid being destroyed by someone trying to accomplish thug lifes!

Swifty
03-28-2012, 06:30 AM
@SupremeFaze

Excellent strategy. Use the game mechanics to your own advantage.

Max Power
03-28-2012, 08:01 AM
So guys just go around switching to homosexuality when that stategy suits their purpose? C'mon, that's a horrible analogy.

LOL...not to mention that homosexuals are capable of reproducing. They might not enjoy it as much, but c'mon.

Dudeman, i see your logic. What i have done is moved back to 500 and forget about defensive explosives. I'll see how it goes and continue on my merry way and have Thug Life over and done with in a few days. So for everyone else i am open for revenge attacks at 500...

I saw that this morning, and I did not Thug you out of respect for your decision. Just so you know.

i just deleted the weak and left only level 100+ players. u max out on friends stats at 500 it doesnt increase ( as yall already know ) so what the point of having over 500+ i have some good stats and i target 500+ like a shooting range. my stategy is to stay at 499 to avoid being destroyed by someone trying to accomplish thug lifes!

I will destroy you anyway, just not now.

Joeycool
03-28-2012, 08:08 AM

Well done Bruiser!

Do you see what he did there 499ers?

This is called stepping up to the plate. Its a thing that us men do... so a lot of you wont understand.

I'll say it once again... if we all drop to 499 no one would be able to achieve thug life goals.

"Never lose sight of the big picture"

Giedrius
03-28-2012, 08:49 AM

Well done Mr. B

PS I moved to 499 for couple days only and now I'm 500 again.
I was trying to stay with you on Thug live but I failed I'm on 247 now.

Dipstik
03-28-2012, 09:01 AM
I dropped down to 499 because it is strategically advantageous. The real question is why on earth WOULDN'T you sit at 499? I'm going to play the game to the best of my ability within the rules. If the incentive structure changes so that I have some reason to go up to 500 again, I'll do so. I look forward to that day.

Joeycool
03-28-2012, 09:04 AM
The real question is why on earth WOULDN'T you sit at 499?

ah. Right. Well you wouldnt sit at 499 if you had a pair of balls for example.

Dipstik
03-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Based on all of the avatars walking around in skimpy bikinis, I suspect having a pair of balls is irrelevant to this game. My explosives are more valuable than your opinion of me.

Swifty
03-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Maybe the 499ers are the courageous ones because they are willing to stand up to the petty haters, name-callers, and cyber-bullies.

erik
03-28-2012, 09:25 AM

LOL JC, you just outed me for not doing work.

Bruiser - WTG

Gledrius - Tried to give you that friendly 499 'tax' and got my butt handed lol. You must be a few points out of my threshold. I don't think you have anything to worry about hoss!

Dillinja
03-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Swifty, are you also a 'courageous 499 freedom fighter'? If not, why not?

Fricco
03-28-2012, 09:30 AM

i almost fell off my chair laughing so hard. that was hilarious.
Well said JC

erik
03-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Maybe the 499ers are the courageous ones because they are willing to stand up to the petty haters, name-callers, and cyber-bullies.

You could say that swifty, but we have all aknowledged that the 499 use is a 'clever' exploit of game mechanics.

If you choose to use an 'exploit' you accept the consequences both bad and good.

If someone gets on welfare after transferring all of their assets into their parents name, maintains the use of those assets, and enjoys the benefits of welfare, if someone chooses to call them a douche, it wouldn't make them a bully or petty. It would make them a name caller :)

Own your decisions!

Swifty
03-28-2012, 09:39 AM
@Dillanja

Right now, I am one of those 390-mafia-cowards.

@erik

Interesting point on the "exploit" aspect. Of course, Funzio could clear that all up with a few well-placed explanations of what they plan to do about it, if anything.

L Fizzle
03-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Hey...everyone chill with the negativity....things have been so pleasant around here lately. You can discuss...but don't be hateful.

Just because I'm not posting on a topic doesn't mean I'm not reading it and taking feedback to the team.

Swifty
03-28-2012, 10:34 AM
OK, I apologize for calling myself a coward.

Language like that does not make a positive contribution to the forum atmosphere.

Dipstik
03-28-2012, 10:36 AM
She's reading and bringing feedback! Quick! Everyone talk about the M4A1! =P

L Fizzle
03-28-2012, 10:39 AM
Can we talk about something else besides the M4A1 and 499?

Dipstik
03-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Well I fail at NCAA brackets.

L Fizzle
03-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Well I fail at NCAA brackets.

Ha...me too. Utter failure this year for me. I won the office pool last year at Apple. ;)

Joeycool
03-28-2012, 11:09 AM
NCAA Brackets???

Whats that then!!?

i need muney
03-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Office pooool *dreams*
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/kAhew2BZUWGpoohFuGyCNz4gQBBMH6OOUVO1Mi_DTKO2b8EWat GOpSgv6EaihUs1VT1invdDqS4upGYL1BVjRNfMKRfwGgbbXp80 6gdohYaHhioqcsE

Max Power
03-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Wait, Fizzy is from Apple?

L Fizzle
03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Previously....yes...

xclusiv
03-28-2012, 05:35 PM
the reason why its discussed so much is because its an issue for many people

mnju_03
03-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Can we talk about something else besides the M4A1 and 499?

I've been sanding ceilings all evening preparing to refinish... I'd love to complain about that! :p

Oh and while I have you here, how about the Passover items/inventory idea? Hint Hint,
I know one special Jewish guy who would love 'em!!! (It's meeeee)

xclusiv
03-28-2012, 05:50 PM
interesting

mnju_03
03-28-2012, 05:51 PM
interesting

Enhance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqkclCJsZs

xclusiv
03-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Previously....yes...

you met steve jobs?

Max Power
03-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Hey...everyone chill with the negativity....things have been so pleasant around here lately. You can discuss...but don't be hateful.

Just because I'm not posting on a topic doesn't mean I'm not reading it and taking feedback to the team.

OK, here is the deal. This is a game about gang warfare. There are the 499ers, and the 500 Club. There are the Jets and the Sharks.

It's what we do.

xclusiv
03-28-2012, 08:35 PM
its crime city for f**k sake, not my little pony.

mnju_03
03-28-2012, 08:58 PM
its crime city for f**k sake, not my little pony.

What do you have against My Little Pony!?

Dipstik
03-28-2012, 10:17 PM
We sing and dance?

doomnosee
03-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Bruiser, you can come up with whatever reasons you want, but it doesn't change the fundamentals of the sutuation. You are willing to play Thug Life if you can take, but not willing to play if you have to give.

It's as simple as that.

four additional reasons for dropping to 499:

1. The essence of most arguments against 499 is based around altruism (see quote). However, in any game, I play to win not to be altruistic (its a game not real life)- that is especially the case if that game is called crime city! ;-)

2. The point of the thug life missions is to improve your attack and defense stats relative to other players not just for their own sake. 499 players make the decision that the worst that can happen is that everyone drops to 499 and no one can improve their stats through TL (i.e. no loss in stats relative to anyone else); the best that can happen is that at the individual level you are improving your stats relative to everyone else. Not sure if this argument really works though as any individual gain is likely to be minimal (it all comes down to how much time and effort you put in).

3. Continuous attacks on remaining 500 players are like spam on the message feed. Sometimes there are players on the wall that I want to keep track of. I don't want a random selection of rivals that duplicates my rivals list.

4. Personally, I dropped to 499 due to an abusive stalker. I'll be damned if I actually help him in his missions as well as have abuse posted on my wall.

Joeycool
03-29-2012, 07:52 AM
I've been sanding ceilings all evening preparing to refinish.

Mazel Tov MNJU

Burn
03-29-2012, 12:02 PM

This. I'm on TL 221. Plenty of 500s to beat up on.

xclusiv
03-29-2012, 06:20 PM
im on thug life 223

mnju_03
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM
im on thug life 223

I just hit 110.

Thinks
03-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Wait, so they burn through 4-5 million a day in explosives.... and then you replenish them? Why? Sounds to me like a bad move on your part, but I just got here, so what the hell do I know. :p

On a more serious note.... Does anyone else think LFizzle looks British? Don't ask me why, because I can't answer that question. Not because I don't want to, it's because I can't explain it.

What's this thread supposed to be about again?

mnju_03
03-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Wait, so they burn through 4-5 million a day in explosives.... and then you replenish them? Why? Sounds to me like a bad move on your part, but I just got here, so what the hell do I know. :p

On a more serious note.... Does anyone else think LFizzle looks British? Don't ask me why, because I can't answer that question. Not because I don't want to, it's because I can't explain it.

What's this thread supposed to be about again?

British? I don't know. Beautiful? Absolutely! Wink Wink...

Thinks
03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Well... I still don't know what we are discussing. I was about to say, "When in doubt, best bet is the safe bet and post a picture of a cute puppy." *mnju queue the puppy pic*

mnju_03
03-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Mazel Tov MNJU

Shalom!!!! :)

mnju_03
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Well... I still don't know what we are discussing. I was about to say, "When in doubt, best bet is the safe bet and post a picture of a cute puppy." *mnju queue the puppy pic*

Dude, I'm a picture hound! No pun intended. Woof!

Burn
03-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Every time a player drops to 499 a baby seal dies, and it's father gets molested by a bear. So please stop it.

mnju_03
03-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Every time a player drops to 499 a baby seal dies, and it's father gets molested by a bear. So please stop it.

Sorta like???
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r580/mnju_03/220px-God-kills-kitten.jpg

Murda
03-29-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm blaming the 499'ers for making me unknowingly become a 499er. 3 times in the past few days I've looked at my mafia size to see that I was going backwards. Upped to 501, looked later, back at 499, upped to 502, looked the next day, 499. Stop trying to bring me to your side!!!!

And global warming, that's their fault too.

Steve0
03-29-2012, 09:52 PM
I am 498 I dont feel bad, I had to fight a couple people to get some boss bags they were 500 + mafia and got to complete TL 80.

xclusiv
03-29-2012, 10:19 PM
i have thought about dropping to 499 myself just for the fun of it, im not worried about being attacked or losing anything as i am pretty well equipped.

Steve0
03-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I have noticed a lot of 1 hit wonders being under 500 and they mostly loose, but then you got the people that dont care or try to make a point. I dont realy notice to mutch of a differance being under 500. I still get robbed the same.

TooDeadly
03-29-2012, 11:43 PM
As a rare minority non gold buying player above level 100, my 499 stat is a very small deterrent to those players looking for 500+ for thug life etc, im yet to be convinced of its benefit, however I got sick of being the one tapped on because I was doing the right thing. If funzio want to fix this its easy, make the thug life qualification rules check that both the player being attacked and the one doing the attacking are over 500. That would mean I could still set my mafia at 499, but that would also exclude me from completing my own thug life goals. Much easier than balancing issues with the m4a1 thats for sure :)

xclusiv
03-30-2012, 09:50 AM
i was actually surprised after i dropped to 499 my newsfeed attacks had dropped majorly

cyt
03-30-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm 499 and I really don't care what people think of me. I know why I do it and I stand by my decision. I do not buy gold because I do not think this game is worth the money and there are many better ways of spending my cash.
I have also noticed that most high level players buy gold, but some do it like they are paying for their kids' schooling. I'm talking thousands of dollars. That is beyond insane! There is no way I can compete with that, so I do whatever I can to defend myself. Being a '499' is one of them. I know I'm gonna get hit, but at least I'm not overly exposing myself being a TL target.
As long as I'm not doing anything illegal I see no reason not to do it. If you stop buying gold weapons and buildings I'll get back to 500.

Babytway
03-30-2012, 12:25 PM
im a 499'r because im a freakin wussy and a coward and dont want you beating up on me cause im weak and easy target to get your TL goals and since i cant beat none of you and want to keep my stats looking good like im hot shyt when im not. and everytime you beat up on me i send a cheater report into funzio on you. thats why im 499

Swifty
03-30-2012, 12:46 PM
@Babytway

That is a fairly accurate description of me.

Max Power
03-30-2012, 01:33 PM
im a 499'r because im a freakin wussy and a coward and dont want you beating up on me cause im weak and easy target to get your TL goals and since i cant beat none of you and want to keep my stats looking good like im hot shyt when im not. and everytime you beat up on me i send a cheater report into funzio on you. thats why im 499

LOL! Gotta love the Tway!

The 499ers who don't do TL goals bug me a little. The ones that do TL missions bug me a lot.

If you just want to be left alone and camp, I get it. You can usually tell who is doing TL goals because if what is on their wall.

Swifty
03-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Unless they post to tell us why, how are we supposed to determine which ones are 499 to prevent Thug Life attacks, and which ones are 499 to protest the 499 situation?

Dreno33
03-30-2012, 03:16 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23070-Solution-to-reduce-499ers(

I thought of quite an interesting solutions in reducing the # of 499ers, could use your poll vote on it. I already PMed Lfizzle about it

cyt
03-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Why not leave the people alone? If they wanna play like that, let them. There's always gonna be awesome, hardcore, elite, gold-buying people that enjoy being at 500 and feel righteous about it. Those people can battle each other and merrily complete the TL goals.

Thinks
03-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Unless they post to tell us why, how are we supposed to determine which ones are 499 to prevent Thug Life attacks, and which ones are 499 to protest the 499 situation?

IMO, they're both 499, therefore I classify both groups under the same category and will continue to do so until the "protesters" come back to 500.

I came up with a way to piss them off, but I don't condone it by any means. You could always turn them into "Alex"es.:D

xclusiv
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Lol babytway i thought u were a serial robber and didnt care much for pvp

Babytway
03-31-2012, 09:59 AM
lol i am, but i do TL sometimes i think im on TL 162 or 163. im also not 499 i was just joking as most of you know. Today im gonna pick a lucky winner to be my 50,000th rob victim. then i will do more TL goals