PDA

View Full Version : Question about Synching

mac daddy
03-25-2012, 05:41 PM
OK...
I've read that some members delay collecting on their 12/24/48 hour buildings to synchronize the payouts. This makes great sense. I also assume its very likely you'll be robbed like there's no tomorrow during the synchronization.

However, isn't the synchronization scattered when you upgrade one of the buildings? Does that mean you only synchronize your high payout buildings once you've maxed out the upgrades?

Santa
03-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Yes, upgrades do create a small problem. But there is an easy solution.

Step 1: Upgrade your building.
Step 2: When the synced buildings are ready to collect, collect them.
Step 3: When the upgraded building is complete and ready to collect, DO NOT COLLECT IT.
Step 4: When the synced buildings are ready to collect, collect them AND the upgraded building.

Voila! Easy as pie.

beaux
03-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Probably a dumb question but, can all the money from a building be looted. For instance I had just built a church was supposed to come due the first time in the middle of the night so iwas just going to leave it an pick up what was left the morning and sync it. The only problem was when I went to sync next morning nothing was there not even a dollar. Accident or mess up?

Aid
03-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Beaux, that is not correct, I think the lowest payout from a building that was robbed is 40% of the total. So you should have had some money

beaux
03-25-2012, 06:14 PM
I thougut that was the case going to try again tonight and see if I can get it working right thanks for the info. Makes me more confident about it.

Santa
03-25-2012, 06:29 PM
@beaux

Robber gets 40%
You collect 40%
20% disappears

We even have taxes in a crime game!!! :)

Thinks
03-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Here's another solution... If the upgrade takes 27 hours to complete, start the upgrade 27 hours before the exact time you want to collect it so its synced with your buildings.

Hopefully that made sense.

mnju_03
03-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Here's another solution... If the upgrade takes 27 hours to complete, start the upgrade 27 hours before the exact time you want to collect it so its synced with your buildings.

(in bad accent)

HOW U SO SMART!?

i need muney
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM

That way you lose more time and money, actually. Except for the case when you're full of landmines.

mnju_03
03-25-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't get it.

Lager
03-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I never intentionally synch my buildings. If I see a building that's ready, I take it.
Sometimes I get really busy and can't play as often as I would like so my building get synched because I'm away.

Drink a little too much on a friday night, buy the time you get up your 12 hours are probably synched up.

It just seems to me that leaving a building uncollected just to synch it up is taking a unnecessary risk because at some point I'll be taking that risk anyway by being away.

i need muney
03-25-2012, 10:53 PM
That is highly outweighted by NOT giving away to robbery

Lager
03-25-2012, 11:00 PM
That is highly outweighted by NOT giving away to robbery

What???

I'm just saying that your buildings will get synched naturally because your away, or sleep, or work....ect

Vile Lynn
03-25-2012, 11:03 PM

Actually, you have to add in the collection time, too...
Say for a 12 hr building: 27 hr to complete upgrade PLUS the 12 hours for it to become due, totals 39 hours... You have to start the upgrade 39 hours before being able to collect in sync. Ja?

dudeman
03-25-2012, 11:13 PM
Actually, you have to add in the collection time, too...
Say for a 12 hr building: 27 hr to complete upgrade PLUS the 12 hours for it to become due, totals 39 hours... You have to start the upgrade 39 hours before being able to collect in sync. Ja?

Incorrect. When a build/upgrade is completed the timer starts at zero. If you time it so that completion coincides with collection time, the new building AND the collected buildings will have the same "zero".

Make sense?

i need muney
03-25-2012, 11:25 PM
What???

I'm just saying that your buildings will get synched naturally because your away, or sleep, or work....ect
I got you. But thats not syncing, thats missing your collection times :D I dont feel like digging deep due to this ipad keyboard, but syncing and collecting on time is much better then random, even if do miss your collection times once in awhile.

Its a very rare occation that you can upgrade a building straight away for it to end up synced. Because of this you have to wait a certain amount of time before starting a upgrade. This amount is not only wasted upgrade time, but wasted money that you won't be collecting.
On the other side, you can just upgrade when you can. You dont waste upgrade time cause while you sync your previous building, next one is already upgrading. And secondly, if this, out of sync, building gets robbed, you still start with 40% of it's revenue, rather then starting fresh from zero.

jaywalker
03-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Drink a little too much on a friday night, buy the time you get up your 12 hours are probably synched up.

This is my problem every saturday :/

I somehow pull it together during the next week though :)

dudeman
03-26-2012, 01:23 AM
"Natural" synching works better for some people. You intentionally "miss" a collection time when you choose to synch, or you randomly miss collection based on (in)convenience/lifestyle/other factor(s).

If you can collect I don't know why you wouldn't. If you've already been robbed, you have a free synch ticket. Do not touch that building until the time you want to set collection.

And yes, sometimes that means you get hammered one night and miss collection, and then have to spend the better part of the next day looking at that icon as a reminder until you finally get to end it and (re)set a decent collection time.

Ohaithere
03-26-2012, 02:31 AM
I try and sync but if a building is out of sync I just collect it when I see it's ready, I only hold off the collection after it has been robbed then I collect when my others are ready so they are all synced

Max Power
03-26-2012, 04:42 AM
I don't worry about when a building is done upgrading. I just upgrade when ready and ignore it till the synched collection time. It hasn't changed my life.

People get pretty darn competative for a game that has no winner.

mnju_03
03-26-2012, 08:49 AM
I don't worry about when a building is done upgrading. I just upgrade when ready and ignore it till the synched collection time. It hasn't changed my life.

People get pretty darn competative for a game that has no winner.

Yup. Oh well.