PDA

View Full Version : My friend has only lost 20 units in the last three weeks is this normal?

bilbo baggins
03-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Will not say who however for some reason a mate of mine cannot lose any units no matter how many times he attacks or who it is even when he loses a fight he does not seem to lose anything. He will drop one unit every 150-200 fights. Is this normal? he is only level 72 and has attack about 10K def about 9.5K

After the last titanium event he still has about 9 battle tanks (I think the free one that was not immortal)however I have lost all mine.

EnjoyLife
03-25-2012, 06:58 AM
I rarely lose units too. I pick my battles though.

War Priest
03-25-2012, 09:07 AM
He is complaining about not losing units? Is he going to complain that he has all the event documents too?

Sugarymama
03-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I don't get what the issue is here either. I'm at the same level as this guy and have twice the amount of A/D he does. Losing units left and right. Have to keep replacing them so it's hard to save $ in my vault for big purchases. PVP sucks right now, except to win briefcases...

bilbo baggins
03-25-2012, 10:25 AM
he is not complaining I am. I was well ahead of him up until this started to happen and since then he has just raced ahead.
My question was is it to do with his army or is it a bug/glitch?

I can't see how its his army as he has not spent any gold and has nothing more than i did when it first happened.

he only has 2 documents I have 7.

JMC
03-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Its a glitch. Lots of people got it after 1.5 patch. For some people its over but its still going for him i guess.

bilbo baggins
03-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Its a glitch. Lots of people got it after 1.5 patch. For some people its over but its still going for him i guess.

Thank you. I will inform him that he is a lucky swine.

Crazyscorp
03-25-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm still yet to lose a unit in 3500 attacks, his stats do suck though I have more attack at L39 with 40 allies

Maverick50727
03-25-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm still yet to lose a unit in 3500 attacks, his stats do suck though I have more attack at L39 with 40 alliesYeah that would make you a gold player buddy. You can't lose things that are indestructible. You say you have more then his 9500A with only 40 allies. 40*4=160 9500/160=59. So your average unit has 59A which is stronger than any unit you can buy. But yet you say your Attack is even higher, if by much more then that means you have even more gold units. So how many gold units do you have and what is the % of them you are brining into battle?

Maverick50727
03-25-2012, 01:36 PM
On a side note here. I haven't lost a unit since the event is back on (yet). But I pick my fights. I'm beginning to think that may drop the chances somehowduring these events. I became invincible last time too.

Agent Orange
03-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Will not say who however for some reason a mate of mine cannot lose any units no matter how many times he attacks or who it is even when he loses a fight he does not seem to lose anything. He will drop one unit every 150-200 fights. Is this normal? he is only level 72 and has attack about 10K def about 9.5K

After the last titanium event he still has about 9 battle tanks (I think the free one that was not immortal)however I have lost all mine.

The missing bit of information here is how many allies does he have. If a very low number then he's smart in that he stocked up on high value units or golden units and that will make his average very high especially when going up against others with low ally counts since the more high attack value units you can bring into battle vs your opponent the more likely you are to win.

Crazyscorp
03-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Yeah that would make you a gold player buddy. You can't lose things that are indestructible. You say you have more then his 9500A with only 40 allies. 40*4=160 9500/160=59. So your average unit has 59A which is stronger than any unit you can buy. But yet you say your Attack is even higher, if by much more then that means you have even more gold units. So how many gold units do you have and what is the % of them you are brining into battle?

Currently bring 47 super hornets to battle so there are units being used that can be lost

Maverick50727
03-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Currently bring 47 super hornets to battle so there are units being used that can be lostSee AO's explanation above. Hard to tell your exact situation but sounds like you are also low ally and maybe the low units you bring are hornets. Those are most free players highest. I myself take about 500 valor units into battle made up of hornets, stealth frigates and m270's. Along with many sea units like cruisers and above that have low consumption rates. Could be why I still lose less than others.

Maverick50727
03-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Currently bring 47 super hornets to battle so there are units being used that can be lostSee AO's explanation above. Hard to tell your exact situation but sounds like you are also low ally and maybe the low units you bring are hornets. Those are most free players highest. I myself take about 500 valor units into battle made up of hornets, stealth frigates and m270's. Along with many sea units like cruisers and above that have low consumption rates. Could be why I still lose less than others.

What?
03-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Modern war is like the Fox news of mmorpg. Fair and balanced...suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeee......analogy and sarcasm I'm on a role.

Agent Orange
03-26-2012, 04:42 AM
Modern war is like the Fox news of mmorpg. Fair and balanced...suuuuuuuuuurrrrrrreeeee......analogy and sarcasm I'm on a role.

Hmmm not sure I follow that, one is intentionally misleading whilst the other just tends to not present enough data.

What?
03-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Fair and balanced. Some players get 0 casualties while others have the usual lose units every fight. If you lose no units you can create a massive army over passing players who weren't lucky enough to receive 0 casualties.

Agent Orange
03-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Fair and balanced. Some players get 0 casualties while others have the usual lose units every fight. If you lose no units you can create a massive army over passing players who weren't lucky enough to receive 0 casualties.

I think the real problem is that people don't have a well planned out army and THAT is why they loose a lot of units or the flip side they are blindly just looking at the attack and defense stats but failing to take a look at the composition of their rivals army. Why back a few months ago when I changed my strategy to targeting rivals super hornets and stealth frigates I got a message on my wall mentioning how surprised this person was when I took out their air force even though they had higher numbers. Well that was because I had begun to analyze the armies of those who had attacked me and I had specifically bought units that would target their most expensive units.

As I've posted before the things I notice a lot are that folks don't actually take a good look at their opponents setups whether that is their base or their inventory and that is most likely why some players are having no problems while others are getting hammered. Same goes with the deployment of defensive buildings, I would say about 90% of all bases I look at clump their defensive buildings in nice symmetrical designs that wind up providing little to no protection for money buildings. I really doubt it's a coincidence that the devs give a range and defensive value to these buildings and took the time to code in a nice blue halo so we can see just what that building is covering.....

iansgkim
03-26-2012, 10:03 PM
So... Guess I'm getting a glitch too..
past two wks I attacked about 2K times and raided 1K times, only lost 2 hornets and handful of A20's..
total less than hundred.

bilbo baggins
03-27-2012, 02:42 AM
The missing bit of information here is how many allies does he have. If a very low number then he's smart in that he stocked up on high value units or golden units and that will make his average very high especially when going up against others with low ally counts since the more high attack value units you can bring into battle vs your opponent the more likely you are to win.

he has 403 allies.

Selfproclaimed
03-29-2012, 06:46 PM
I lose units on Every battle,lol. Of course I only choose people I know I can beat but literally,every battles I lose anywheres between 1-3. And that's with that medical building upgraded to 3