PDA

View Full Version : Farming cars

K3M
03-24-2012, 02:35 AM
What is the best place to farm cars In the lowers levels below 50?

Looking to get decent car around 100 of them as my car stats are awful

Thanks

vitus79
03-24-2012, 02:45 AM
try junkyard

flattened Cars – Devilish Taxi (Vehicle, A/D 6/5)
requires 72 energy, 6 combat shotguns, 21 gas masks - cost $174,000

Santa
03-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Junkyard - Muscle car - drops Lowrider (6/6).

Rhino72
03-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Financial district - fancy restaurant devilish taxi. Much better drop percentage than junkyard. I think it is worth t if you don't want to drop the 35k on Camaros.

duelblade
03-24-2012, 07:29 AM
Financial district - fancy restaurant devilish taxi. Much better drop percentage than junkyard. I think it is worth t if you don't want to drop the 35k on Camaros.

Are you sure of this? Its a 420k buy in for me and since I just finished another expansion I kinda need the money for more buildings so you are sure the drop rate is worth the buy in?

edit: according to syn car loot list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av-QP-6m7RTzdDJFbmc0S2ttNFI5UkNfUHFhUFI0Z0E#gid=0
It's the same drop rate for twice the energy? unless this is outdated or you think the stats are wrong also the lowrider has almost the same drop rate for less energy?

Rhino72
03-24-2012, 07:45 AM
When I was at the junkyard trying to get low riders for lower energy and a lower drop rate 6%, at the time I think I dropped 2 full energy bars and got nothing. I then saw that the fancy restaurant had a much better 14% drop rate and I did see much better results. My goal at the time was to save enough to farm dds from Leila in the red light because that was the best available option after m4s. After the changes to those drops it is very hard to get good drop rates on any other vehicles so unless your economy is high enough to sustain spending money on Camaros I think those taxis will last for a good amount of time up until the higher levels. I see a good number of high level people still using Junkers so getting + 5 attack from a farmed taxi would do most people well.

If you are going to farm these for a good amount of time as you build your economy I think they are a good mid level vehicle option at this point.

mnju_03
03-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Junkyard - Muscle car - drops Lowrider (6/6).

I'd follow this method until you're more solvent.

duelblade
03-24-2012, 07:49 AM
When I was at the junkyard trying to get low riders for lower energy and a lower drop rate 6%, at the time I think I dropped 2 full energy bars and got nothing. I then saw that the fancy restaurant had a much better 14% drop rate and I did see much better results. My goal at the time was to save enough to farm dds from Leila in the red light because that was the best available option after m4s. After the changes to those drops it is very hard to get good drop rates on any other vehicles so unless your economy is high enough to sustain spending money on Camaros I think those taxis will last for a good amount of time up until the higher levels. I see a good number of high level people still using Junkers so getting + 5 attack from a farmed taxi would do most people well.

If you are going to farm these for a good amount of time as you build your economy I think they are a good mid level vehicle option at this point.

Actually I had enough energy for 4 tries at the muscle car and I got two low riders... maybe I was just lucky or you were unlucky but for now ill stick with low riders/taxi's from the junkyard.

edit: how to calculate the drop percent?

Rhino72
03-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Gotcha - I am guessing I am unlucky since I have never been able to get an empire central bus so I don't believe the drop % is correct. (that being said I did manage a burner somehow but the cost was pretty massive and I cringe at the missed crate opportunities!)

mnju_03
03-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Gotcha - I am guessing I am unlucky since I have never been able to get an empire central bus so I don't believe the drop % is correct. (that being said I did manage a burner somehow but the cost was pretty massive and I cringe at the missed crate opportunities!)

"the cost was pretty massive" Lights got shut off?

- Because that would be massive! lol

Rhino72
03-24-2012, 08:16 AM
No my wife left me, she took the kids, she wants half of everything (even threatening the in game gold because she thinks that actually has real world value after looking at my cc statement) but safe to say the lights are still on...

mnju_03
03-24-2012, 08:27 AM
No my wife left me, she took the kids, she wants half of everything (even threatening the in game gold because she thinks that actually has real world value after looking at my cc statement) but safe to say the lights are still on...

How about a beer?

Rhino72
03-24-2012, 08:31 AM
I should have mentioned that was one of the reasons on the list as well...

mnju_03
03-24-2012, 08:33 AM
I should have mentioned that was one of the reasons on the list as well...

Ok... Maybe not beer.

Soopajake
03-24-2012, 11:40 AM
yes the muscle cars in junkyard is a decent place. very low energy required. somedays you get lucky and get 3-4 lowriders with a whole bar of energy, on other days you'll get zero drops trying all day.
on my camper acount, I loaded up on hudson hornets, they are only 1/1 stats but it saved me $2000 each as I saved up for my economy. They drop ridiculously well: Civic Center, apartments. I had over 200 when I stopped. not great stats but it got me by as I camped.

duelblade
03-24-2012, 02:08 PM

that with only 500 energy :D

hold on I can't get the picture to work.. think I gotta upload it to photo bucket first
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t428/duelblade77/080.png

Santa
03-24-2012, 04:37 PM
I still think Lowriders > Devilish Taxi's. One extra defense point for around 1-2% lower drop rate.

K3M
03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks peeps

mozart
04-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Aside from the farming cars do you have any idea about taxi dallas fort worth (http://www.dfwaffordablecab.com), please give a buzz.

rotarmaster
04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
guys because i love you guys im gona share a pic of the new company cars chek it out on my page

frenda
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Tried the junkyard. In like 20 tries I got 2 lowriders. That sucks! I need a better location or maybe my luck is just terrible. I have better luck with rusty M4's.

Santa
04-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Tried the junkyard. In like 20 tries I got 2 lowriders. That sucks! I need a better location or maybe my luck is just terrible. I have better luck with rusty M4's.

Just used 2 full bars of energy (I leveled up) and got 6-7 Lowriders. I used around 2200 energy total! Keep trying, it's one of the better vehicles in the mid-range levels. If you're higher up I would suggest the Empire Central Bus.

frenda
04-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I used 2 full bars and got 2. So I guess that was more like 30 tries. What map is that on? I'm a little slow today, thanks Santa.

Santa
04-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Yeah, I used 2 full bars and got 2. So I guess that was more like 30 tries. What map is that on? I'm a little slow today, thanks Santa.

I have absolutely NO IDEA. I'm just saying what someone else said...hehe.

frenda
04-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I have absolutely NO IDEA. I'm just saying what someone else said...hehe.

You little brat!!! Just kidding. I'll try and look around the maps and find out. I can't access the spreadsheets here since our IT nazis block anything fun or good, but maybe someone who has the loot spreadsheet handy can look it up?

deuces
04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
the best spot for it was nerfed in this latest update frenda. Theres no good car drops available at the moment. I'm farming double deckers from empire airport city bus until future notice, but thats probably only due to the event and i'll stop farming for a couple days after this events ends and before the next one starts. This was the biggest nerf yet, and has proven i guess that despite what they say, farming is not a significant part of this game.

edit: the DD has a 10% droprate from here, but its a 3x click job, so the drop per click is ~1/33.

iteachem
04-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I have been farming at this location as well and some days are down right horrible and then I get a day with 3-4 per 700 energy. I think it balances out..

Walter
04-06-2012, 04:01 PM
the best spot for it was nerfed in this latest update frenda. Theres no good car drops available at the moment. I'm farming double deckers from empire airport city bus until future notice, but thats probably only due to the event and i'll stop farming for a couple days after this events ends and before the next one starts. This was the biggest nerf yet, and has proven i guess that despite what they say, farming is not a significant part of this game.

edit: the DD has a 10% droprate from here, but its a 3x click job, so the drop per click is ~1/33.

I had pretty decent success from the police car at chemical plant, but 2x 89 exp had me leveling way too fast. Worth a shot though.