PDA

View Full Version : Find Secret Documents in Briefcases

Agent Orange
03-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Similar to the supply box event, but the top unit gives you a 20% boost in upgrade speed. All units are indestructible.

Again in the lower levels the units are slightly different, attack, raid and do more jobs to get more briefcases.

Tim @ MW
03-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Cost of Rusty Knife was 100x level. Now the medium chance is 1000x level?

Two failed attempts to start. This is going to be expensive.

Everson25
03-24-2012, 03:27 AM
I agree that will be a expensive event but what about the players who have all the buildings? Will they be motive to participate in the same way they did in the previous event?

Tuck
03-24-2012, 03:38 AM

I remember thinking during the previous event that the price was cheap for a medium chance & I'd be willing to pay more if the odds were improved. But after 2 failed attempts myself,I agree with Tim.This is going to be expensive.I wonder if they use the same formula for "medium" casualty rate & medium chance to open?
I don't mind the cost as my income is 250k/hr(lv 40) but there's alot of profiles I've seen that r in the 30-60k range.

Ramshutu
03-24-2012, 04:38 AM

I thought the last boxes were too cheap. Generally, cash in MW is worth 10 x less than in CrimeCity.

Agent Orange
03-24-2012, 06:09 AM
I just noticed that my cost jumped to $125,000 from $85,000. On my second document are the costs going to continue to increase as we progress or did something else cause this.

Please add 863 440 860
Still need more allies! Thanks!

Desas
03-24-2012, 06:41 AM
btw - been trying to get a single case since the morning
spent around 3000 energy, did around 10 raids and 50 attacks
NOT A SINGLE BRIEFCASE...

I hope tmr will be more lucky as more guys will have cases for me to steal, yet still wondering why my missions haven't resulted at all...

Warmonger
03-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Yes they were too cheap last time but a 10 times increase is too much.

Agent Orange
03-24-2012, 06:55 AM

I hope tmr will be more lucky as more guys will have cases for me to steal, yet still wondering why my missions haven't resulted at all...

Hit up the advanced destroyer in naval battle, I used to either get 1 on each or at the very least every other hit. Also because this is really new you can wait an hour between hits so that your briefcase isn't sitting exposed to pilfering...

KCh
03-24-2012, 06:56 AM
I just noticed that my cost jumped to $125,000 from $85,000. On my second document are the costs going to continue to increase as we progress or did something else cause this.

Please add 863 440 860
Still need more allies! Thanks!

You got lucky the first time I guess. The cost is your level times 1000.

Agent Orange
03-24-2012, 07:16 AM
You got lucky the first time I guess. The cost is your level times 1000.

Ouch! Yup must have got lucky, this really hampers those doing PvP and even missions.

Tim @ MW
03-24-2012, 07:37 AM
My LLP of level 21 is also having trouble getting ANY suitcase. Hitting around the dock and some PvP but no success.

War Priest
03-24-2012, 07:40 AM
My LLP of level 21 is also having trouble getting ANY suitcase. Hitting around the dock and some PvP but no success.

I wouldn't try with pvp yet. That will just give you unwanted xp if your trying to stay low. The event just started so it's going to take everyone awhile to get some. You will have better luck with pvp as the day's progress.

Agent Orange
03-24-2012, 07:53 AM
I agree not too many folks will have any yet, the sub in Emir Island will drop one every 2 to 3 hits plus you might get mini sub loot.

Tim @ MW
03-24-2012, 08:14 AM
I agree not too many folks will have any yet, the sub in Emir Island will drop one every 2 to 3 hits plus you might get mini sub loot.

My LLP can not play Emir Island yet. Still no luck with it.

The level 82 character has 3 docs and 2 units already.

stricker
03-24-2012, 08:21 AM
My LLP can not play Emir Island yet. Still no luck with it.

The level 82 character has 3 docs and 2 units already.
Good start Tim!!! Are you using the pocket knife? How many open attempts so far?

Tim @ MW
03-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Good start Tim!!! Are you using the pocket knife? How many open attempts so far?

About 5 out of 9. I failed the first 3 times, then opened 5 of the last 6. This thing is streaky.

And yes, with knifes.

JMC
03-24-2012, 08:31 AM
For low energy missions the drop rate for suitcases is like 1 in 20-30 missions. Low levels aren't going to be getting many suitcases off PvE. The missions i've been doing drop a suitcase almost every hit or every other hit.

commandNconquer
03-24-2012, 09:13 AM
JMC mind telling me what is the best way to get fast briefcase with only a poor 200 energy please? i don't mind leveling up if that can help

Luke7676
03-24-2012, 09:39 AM
It seems the knife or the medium chance this go around has better chances of opening a case. I'm 3 for 4. Not a lot of try's yet but to me and what I'm reading. The odds look better.

War Priest
03-24-2012, 09:41 AM
It seems the knife or the medium chance this go around has better chances of opening a case. I'm 3 for 4. Not a lot of try's yet but to me and what I'm reading. The odds look better.

Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it stick's. It could always reverse trying to get the last few document's.

JMC
03-24-2012, 11:37 AM
My medium chance was pretty high before, so far im 1 for 3. 1 being the first case which seems to always open for everyone.

KCh
03-24-2012, 11:42 AM
JMC mind telling me what is the best way to get fast briefcase with only a poor 200 energy please? i don't mind leveling up if that can help
Do the missions that cost a lot of energy. I got 8 briefcases from doing missions in emerald city port. I got a briefcase on every single hit so far. In my experience, anything that costs over 300 energy will usually give a briefcase, but anything around 250 energy also has an okay but lower chance for a case to drop.

To get more cases I think you should raise your energy to at least 250-300 to better your chances, and later when everyone has a lot of cases you can get them from PvP also.

Agent Orange
03-24-2012, 02:54 PM
My medium chance was pretty high before, so far im 1 for 3. 1 being the first case which seems to always open for everyone.

Didn't get an open on my first try but my brothers and LLP did. I'm wondering if time of the day has something to do with things. I was on it about 2-3 minutes after it was turned on last night and I noticed almost every hit in naval battle was giving me a briefcase this afternoon that average is about 1 in 2 although I think one of my brothers is 1 in 3. The sub in emir island also seems to have dried up a bit.

Njwmrb
03-24-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm 5/14 on opens with 2 documents. The other 3 opens were poor units that weren't worth the 79k I spent to open the briefcase

Amor
03-24-2012, 06:32 PM

I had the same exact problem, but I think it has been fixed. Had back to back to back drops a few times. It would be nice if Funzio would test this sort of **** before they release the event...

Luke7676
03-24-2012, 09:48 PM
The first 3 times I hit the destroyer at the naval battle a few minutes after the event started I didn't get one case. But after that I'm averaging 1 every other hit sometimes more. Same as the ammo box went..

JohnnyR
03-25-2012, 01:14 AM
Getting cases left and right in PVP guys, two docs. Pretty nice. Haven't been super diligent about opening them either today (real life catches up!) but tomorrow I'll shoot for 18-19 case open attempts. Lovin' the event so far.

Everson25
03-25-2012, 02:01 AM
I haven't had any problems to get the briefcases from pve. In the previous event I run out of cases and spent hours attacking to get something. I opened till now 7 from 17 attempts, 3 with money, 2 with units and 2 with documents. A good start comparing to the last one but i hope today i can keep the same rate.

Taranis73
03-25-2012, 02:08 AM
anyone else notice that you are unable to open any boxes now, even if you have the money. even the free one will not open, 5 docs so far and cant go any further.

JMC
03-25-2012, 02:32 AM
5 docs already? r u a free player, lucky.

Everson25
03-25-2012, 02:36 AM
anyone else notice that you are unable to open any boxes now, even if you have the money. even the free one will not open, 5 docs so far and cant go any further.

I've just posted in the other thread that I'm having problems too. Let's home that thhe problem can be fixed quickly so we don't waste anytime valuable time.

Everson25
03-25-2012, 02:38 AM
opps. lots of spelling mistakes, probably i'm getting tired. I meant 'let's hope that the problem is fixed very quickly...'

Tim @ MW
03-25-2012, 04:27 AM
Just got my 6th. It's just luck. I hope my mentioning it won't jinx my chance.

And I failed 3 times straight to start with. So the first time with knife is not a guarantee.

Taranis73
03-25-2012, 04:27 AM

Yeah JMC im a free player

Dillinja
03-25-2012, 04:52 AM
I just got my 3rd, I know it's random but just the first ones seemed harder to get then the last event.
All done with the rusty knife (very expensive rusty knife!)
Also anyone else in the UK got a glitch? my timing got thrown all over the place due to BST switchover

Big John
03-25-2012, 05:02 AM
I just got my 3rd, I know it's random but just the first ones seemed harder to get then the last event.
Also anyone else in the UK got a glitch? my timing got thrown all over the place due to BST switchover
The last event seemed easier for me, haven't opened a case for ages.
No problem with BST.

StuN
03-25-2012, 05:10 AM
5 attempts today with rusty knife & 5 fails. 80k per attempt is very expensive. I won't be wasting any more funds on them. Doesn't make financial sense to keep trying

bilbo baggins
03-25-2012, 05:13 AM
7 docs for me a plane and a tank too. all medium chances.

xavier8
03-25-2012, 05:22 AM

I also had a glitch with BST as all the document timings did not reset for awhile but it seems ok now. Also some of my completed buildings all looked like they were being upgraded or constructed, very strange!

Aidan
03-25-2012, 05:45 AM
I had the same problem. Time nt restarting. Buildings on upgrade n construction. Sent a ticket n they hv fixed it fr me. Eveythng id bck to normal. Fr me anyway.

Sugarymama
03-25-2012, 06:10 AM
I have 5 documents now, but I'm not nearly as excited about this event as I was the last. I have yet to see the Response Unit in anyone's inventory from the last event, and I was one box away and could never snag it. I opened over 50 boxes during that event. I'm glad that I've obtained the first two units early on, but I'm really not stressing the 3rd. Not worth all the $ it will cost to get it, $72k per briefcase isn't cheap.

I will admit that it is cool to win them in pve..

Khimsoo
03-25-2012, 07:48 AM
I had 7 docs since 2nd day morning. Opened so many boxes but cannot get past the 7th doc. Getting tired.

bigflan
03-25-2012, 07:50 AM
I have 5 documents now, but I'm not nearly as excited about this event as I was the last. I have yet to see the Response Unit in anyone's inventory from the last event, and I was one box away and could never snag it. I opened over 50 boxes during that event. I'm glad that I've obtained the first two units early on, but I'm really not stressing the 3rd. Not worth all the $ it will cost to get it, $72k per briefcase isn't cheap.

I will admit that it is cool to win them in pve..

Hahaha I'm at 4 docs but I pay 24 000 so if I open a box anything in it would be beneficial except for those nasty allies that everyone hates

JohnnyR
03-25-2012, 07:53 AM
I had 7 docs since 2nd day morning. Opened so many boxes but cannot get past the 7th doc. Getting tired.

You have over six days, maybe give me a few of those docs and you can keep going with that luck, lol. Only 2 here so far, no complaints.

el_gringo
03-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Does the price to open a case go up each time? I bought some gold for the first time, found my first case and used gold to open it. when i find my second will it cost more than 30k cash or 15 gold?

Dillinja
03-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Does the price to open a case go up each time? I bought some gold for the first time, found my first case and used gold to open it. when i find my second will it cost more than 30k cash or 15 gold?
No, the gold options stays at 15G but if you level up then the $$$ price also goes up. So at level 31 will cost you 31k to open etc etc.

Agent Orange
03-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Not sure why you guys are crying, I'm at level 126 so it costs me $126,000 per open but thats still not bad since my economy can cover it and that is a heck of a lot cheaper than loosing a super hornet in a raid.

Augustorm
03-25-2012, 12:59 PM
never really seen one of those response units...then again, i never looked. This week's 10-something reward is certainly more offensive, and the building speed is nice for those with good money and not as much time. only halfway there though, i'm getting some fails and usless allies more often.

Sugarymama
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Not sure why you guys are crying, I'm at level 126 so it costs me $126,000 per open but thats still not bad since my economy can cover it and that is a heck of a lot cheaper than loosing a super hornet in a raid.

Well, I'm crying because I think $72,000 is a lot to spend for a Petroleum Fighter, or $100k. But I'm up to 5 documents so we'll see where this event leads this time...

Maverick50727
03-26-2012, 02:07 PM
Hey Priest, JMC, Agent Orange and Wildfire (if you're lurking). I just got my 7th without using any gold. Cross your fingers and stand on your head while chanting for me would you guys? That is where I made it last time with 2 days to go and never got another bar. As each gets harder and harder I don't expect to get the last 3 docs if I had another 2 weeks with my luck. LOL. Just happy to get the 7 reward (Siege Battleship 38/36). Maybe some more good loot like Elite Brigadier (23/19), Typhoon Tiger (21/14), or Aerospace Drone (19/22) would be nice.

Does anyone know if an extra ally is an option at the 81+ level? I have never got that slap in the face yet on either event and hope it stays that way. Hadn't got any valor this time around yet. :) In case anyone is interested, this is what I have up to this point without using any gold to reset time or open.
21 failed opens
18 Opens
- 3 250K Cash
- 8 Loot Units
- 7 Secret Docs

I was about the same 50/50 last time, but then hit the brick wall at 7. I think I had like a 130 unopened at the end of the last event. Regardless the new PvP loot helps too as I can actually use many of them unlike the old loot so I'm back on the offensive and leveling again.

War Priest
03-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Hey Priest, JMC, Agent Orange and Wildfire (if you're lurking). I just got my 7th without using any gold. Cross your fingers and stand on your head while chanting for me would you guys? That is where I made it last time with 2 days to go and never got another bar. As each gets harder and harder I don't expect to get the last 3 docs if I had another 2 weeks with my luck. LOL. Just happy to get the 7 reward (Siege Battleship 38/36). Maybe some more good loot like Elite Brigadier (23/19), Typhoon Tiger (21/14), or Aerospace Drone (19/22) would be nice.

Does anyone know if an extra ally is an option at the 81+ level? I have never got that slap in the face yet on either event and hope it stays that way. Hadn't got any valor this time around yet. :) In case anyone is interested, this is what I have up to this point without using any gold to reset time or open.
21 failed opens
18 Opens
- 3 250K Cash
- 8 Loot Units
- 7 Secret Docs

I was about the same 50/50 last time, but then hit the brick wall at 7. I think I had like a 130 unopened at the end of the last event. Regardless the new PvP loot helps too as I can actually use many of them unlike the old loot so I'm back on the offensive and leveling again.

You'll get it buddy. We have what 5 days left(?)

You can do it Maverick. :)

stricker
03-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey Priest, JMC, Agent Orange and Wildfire (if you're lurking).
Wow... i'm hurt Mav... are you guys clubbing now??? lol

Agent Orange
03-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Should be no problem at your rate, good luck Mav!

Maverick50727
03-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Well at least you have faith. Maybe that is why we call you the Priest. Come on tell us how you chose that name. Or are you from the days of Judas Priest with their heavy metal and S&M look. LOL

I shouldn't talk eh? I took up the Lone Ranger avatar to ride in on my white horse with advice to those who saught it. Maverick is just a callsign I've been using in games long before the Tom Cruise Top Gun movie ever came out. I can't tell you how many have asked on my wall where Goose and Iceman are. I had them as allies in the past but dropped them when I went to a low ally count. There are many Mavericks out there in MW. But in the end there can be only one highlander. LOL

Maverick50727
03-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Wow... i'm hurt Mav... are you guys clubbing now??? lolNo you are not paranoid. Everyone IS out to get you. LOL

War Priest
03-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Well at least you have faith. Maybe that is why we call you the Priest. Come on tell us how you chose that name. Or are you from the days of Judas Priest with their heavy metal and S&M look. LOL

I shouldn't talk eh? I took up the Lone Ranger avatar to ride in on my white horse with advice to those who saught it. Maverick is just a callsign I've been using in games long before the Tom Cruise Top Gun movie ever came out. I can't tell you how many have asked on my wall where Goose and Iceman are. I had them as allies in the past but dropped them when I went to a low ally count. There are many Mavericks out there in MW. But in the end there can be only one highlander. LOL

I don't recall how I thought of it, but I was the original "War Priest" on socom online for ps2 back when I played that. So kind of just stuck with me. Wish it wasn't taken on xbox, but it was.

Chameleon
03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Well I got off to a great start. Three documents and a fighter in my first 4 tries. Since then I have had three whole days of nothing, nada, bugger all, not a bleeding sausage! I am seriously doubting how random these things are. :(

KCh
03-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Well I got off to a great start. Three documents and a fighter in my first 4 tries. Since then I have had three whole days of nothing, nada, bugger all, not a bleeding sausage! I am seriously doubting how random these things are. :(

Same with me. I started out really good with 5 docs in the first day. Still stuck on 5 and I can only open 2-5 out of the 14-18 tries a day which usually only give me loot units that are too weak to use.. This was the same as the last event but last time I was stuck on 3 until the last 2 days. Don't think I have any chance of getting 10 docs if the same thing happens like last event.

MWnewGuy
03-28-2012, 02:03 PM
I have 7 documents so far. Been getting most of them by doing missions at the Docks. I pick one with a cost of 100 energy or more. Some of my cases have come from PVP too. Having the first three units in my inventory seems to have drawn some attackers too. I like the donations they leave behind! I have not lost a case during PVP yet.

War Priest
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM
I have 7 documents so far. Been getting most of them by doing missions at the Docks. I pick one with a cost of 100 energy or more. Some of my cases have come from PVP too. Having the first three units in my inventory seems to have drawn some attackers too. I like the donations they leave behind! I have not lost a case during PVP yet.

Here is a better image of your avatar. Perhaps you would prefer that instead.

http://i.imgur.com/QTpBe.png

MWnewGuy
03-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks War Priest!

War Priest
03-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks War Priest!

No problem buddy. Seen yours and remembered that there was the one I posted, plus every other general and spent like 10 minutes trying to go find the thread.

Just thought you might like it better since it doesn't have the background of the game in the back.

darylb
03-28-2012, 02:42 PM
been stuck on 9 for 2 days now, got one of those feelings i wont get past 9 lol

Bronco928
03-28-2012, 05:31 PM
been stuck on 9 for 2 days now, got one of those feelings i wont get past 9 lol

SAme here bro...really annoyed about it too. It is quite ridiculous that I have opened around 60 briefcases since I got to 9 and can't get that final document. I have 18 Aerospace drones, 11 of them came today!!

Agent Orange
03-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Keep trying, I just got my 10th! Got 8 on the first day then 1 on the second and then nothing until just now! Grab some tapjjoy gold just in case. My last one came after a really long string of failed openings.

War Priest
03-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Keep trying, I just got my 10th! Got 8 on the first day then 1 on the second and then nothing until just now! Grab some tapjjoy gold just in case. My last one came after a really long string of failed openings.

Eight on the first day...? Wow...

Luke7676
03-28-2012, 09:58 PM

Congrats AO! I have me 160g of tapjoy gold just in case.

stricker
03-28-2012, 10:02 PM
WAY to GO, AO!!!

Hello Kitty
03-28-2012, 10:03 PM

Wow! Congrats AO. I'm hopeful with 3 days left...

Angirl
03-28-2012, 10:49 PM
I have 30 boxes waiting, tried to open one every hour yesterday from 7 am to 12 pm and did not manage to open 1. Then the story continues exactly the same today. I have 7 docs so its not all bad, but after getting these in 2 days I thought I would easily complete all 10 but I am not as optimistic now :(

Hellstorm
03-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Its possible... I already received the whirling thunder using the pocket knife only

henri
03-28-2012, 11:42 PM
YA! I just got the 10th doc!! Definitely possible! Good Luck All!!

Agent Orange
03-29-2012, 03:59 AM
I have 30 boxes waiting, tried to open one every hour yesterday from 7 am to 12 pm and did not manage to open 1. Then the story continues exactly the same today. I have 7 docs so its not all bad, but after getting these in 2 days I thought I would easily complete all 10 but I am not as optimistic now :(

Are you using the med option or totally free one? Also what level are you on? Just curious.

MWnewGuy
03-29-2012, 06:52 AM
Congrats to those that have made it to 10. Can you post a screen shot of the unit? Since I am below level 50 I think you got a different unit than the one I am trying for. I am level 33 at the moment (level 30 when the event started) so the unit is the "Slient Drifter" - Att 156 Def 114 buildings upgrade 20% faster.

bigflan
03-29-2012, 07:19 AM
I need my 9th doc or else I have no chance at the silent drifter lots of people got the prize already but still getting useless loot that I don't need

Luke7676
03-29-2012, 07:23 AM
I need my 9th doc or else I have no chance at the silent drifter lots of people got the prize already but still getting useless loot that I don't need

Your not the only one bro. I'm at 6 been 3 days since a doc. 18 attempts a day or more too.. Just loot and cash.. Would be nice to get atleast 7.

gonzoxl5
03-29-2012, 07:45 AM
got my 9th today, plenty of hours to go so hope I make it to 10.

Lvl 56 with over 10k def everything vaulted and still getting attacked, perhaps people really are raiding for briefcases (I just go down the docks and burn energy).

Sir Ace
03-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Guess I got lucky then sitting on 7, got the seventh today after starting a day late. using cash only, though I occasionally manage to tap the screen twice resulting in a bare hands use, which surprisingly worked once.

Think I have about a success rate of 25 percent but it seems to become more and more difficult. Not very hopeful to reach 10, though but happy to have 7.

Apart from that I have rceived

300 valor
1 heavy artillery
1 grunt
60k cash (through the bare hands try)

Got all my brief cases through PVE though I tried a lot in PVP. I seem to have no luck there. Leveled up four times already during this event now on 26.

Any non gold players made it to 10?

Good luck everybody

bigflan
03-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Just got another stupid heavy artillery still no document

Gixxxah_Ridah
03-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Just got two cases from PVP but still sitting on 6 docs.

Njwmrb
03-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I'm about to lose my mind, I'm at 8 documents and I've been trying to get my 9th for about 40 attempts now

Sir Ace
03-29-2012, 08:59 AM
Anybody on more than 7 without using gold?

kuku
03-29-2012, 09:02 AM
omg i give right now 15 gold to reset timer -.-
just a mistake...reset for 10 seconds rest time :D

i tray to open ~18 times a day witha good rate.. ~12 get open but no luck man, since 3 days, some 500 valor, damn units and some 1,25 mio

need my last doc -.-

Bronson
03-29-2012, 09:04 AM
I have only opened 1 box today in 12 attempts and that was a loot item

Luke7676
03-29-2012, 09:59 AM
I have had bad luck the past 2 days with opening till late last night and this morning almost opening every box with the knife but only units and cash.. No docs. But the bright side is I saved enough cash for my space center construction. I would like to get atleast one more doc for the third unit. Because unless I spend a big pile of gold I don't see getting 4 docs in 2 days.. But congrats to everyone who has made it so far :)

Bronson
03-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Update 1 box open in 13 attempts

bigflan
03-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Update 1 box open in 13 attempts
Have opened every box today I was thinking the box that is at the bottom may have a document if it is then I figured out something right now have 1 box left until I can open the box I had for quite a while

GNS-52992
03-29-2012, 10:34 AM
can i give the briefcase to Allie or sell it

Bronson
03-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Have opened every box today I was thinking the box that is at the bottom may have a document if it is then I figured out something right now have 1 box left until I can open the box I had for quite a while

Let me know how your theory spans out. In another Bronson related update I have now managed to open 2 boxes out of 14 attempts I got a heavy canon

Bronson
03-29-2012, 11:12 AM
can i give the briefcase to Allie or sell it

No dude can't give them away but if you did wanna get rid of it get someone to attack you

vorm
03-29-2012, 12:26 PM
I've been having a really hard time getting cases the last couple of days. I'll spend all my energy doing PvE and get nothing, wait for it to refill, repeat, still get nothing. So I'll go try to steal some from people, take expensive casualties from players with half my stats and get nothing. It's become very frustrating. I'm doing PvE and PvP pretty much all day long, and only getting a couple of cases per day. On the other hand I'm having really good luck opening them, often just 1 or 2 tries using knife, which is part of the reason I'm always out of cases. No need for me to worry about the timer when I don't even have any to open. Anyone have any tips on this? Do certain missions have a higher drop rate for cases than others? I don't know what else I can do.

Luke7676
03-29-2012, 12:48 PM
I've been having a really hard time getting cases the last couple of days. I'll spend all my energy doing PvE and get nothing, wait for it to refill, repeat, still get nothing. So I'll go try to steal some from people, take expensive casualties from players with half my stats and get nothing. It's become very frustrating. I'm doing PvE and PvP pretty much all day long, and only getting a couple of cases per day. On the other hand I'm having really good luck opening them, often just 1 or 2 tries using knife, which is part of the reason I'm always out of cases. No need for me to worry about the timer when I don't even have any to open. Anyone have any tips on this? Do certain missions have a higher drop rate for cases than others? I don't know what else I can do.

What lvl are you? If your high enough go to the naval battle and hit up the destroyer 370* 2 I get 1 case every other hit.

Bronson
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Briefcases are much harder to get this event I found that High value PVE gave me the most joy but I other than that you need to find a nice cash cow as I found someone who spat out 7 cases for me.

Still only managed to open 2 in last 17 attempts tho.

vorm
03-29-2012, 01:17 PM
What lvl are you? If your high enough go to the naval battle and hit up the destroyer 370* 2 I get 1 case every other hit.

I'm at lvl 22. I've been hitting the Amphibious Trooper guy in the docks, so that if I don't get a case I at least get a unit, but he doesn't drop one that often and it takes a while to recharge 92 energy for each hit. I was sitting happy in a tent at lvl 17 before this event started, and now gone all the way up to 22 and only have 6 docs to show for it so far. No way I'll make it to 10 docs, but I'm not giving up as maybe I can at least get 7.

I've had far less luck getting them from players, I pulled 2 from one girl last night but that has been it so far and I'm attacking people all the time looking for them.

I guess my good luck on opening cases is being offset by really bad luck on getting them. On the last event it was the opposite, I could get them like crazy but it was taking 10+ tries to open each one.

bigflan
03-29-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm at lvl 22. I've been hitting the Amphibious Trooper guy in the docks, so that if I don't get a case I at least get a unit, but he doesn't drop one that often and it takes a while to recharge 92 energy for each hit. I was sitting happy in a tent at lvl 17 before this event started, and now gone all the way up to 22 and only have 6 docs to show for it so far. No way I'll make it to 10 docs, but I'm not giving up as maybe I can at least get 7.

I've had far less luck getting them from players, I pulled 2 from one girl last night but that has been it so far and I'm attacking people all the time looking for them.

I guess my good luck on opening cases is being offset by really bad luck on getting them. On the last event it was the opposite, I could get them like crazy but it was taking 10+ tries to open each one.
Dude I use the docs too instead hit the naval patrol boat and submarine doc good chance at briefcases

Luke7676
03-29-2012, 01:21 PM

Hit the amphibious squad leader. You will get a amp. Trooper everytime nice free loot. And about 1 in 6 or so chance of a case.

War Priest
03-29-2012, 01:24 PM
It's good I don't like Crime City. I have only opened one bag in 3 days on that game. I would be pissed if that happened to me on Modern War.

Bronson
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I have had 2 days of pure sh!t I have had 2 dodgy loots 4 f'n allies and now up to 17 sorrys in a row

Agent Orange
03-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I've got 83 unopened cases right now, I don't need them now and I keep getting them with my normal PvP rounds. I wish there was some way or declining them or better still giving them to my allies.

I also notice since last night opening cases seems to have become a lot harder. My LLP just got their 8th today but that was about the only case that has opened for them all day. Not even loot turning up, I seem to recall this happening with the supply boxes as well, why I went really hard at it on the first day, I didn't do that last time and was stuck at 9 at the end.

JMC
03-29-2012, 01:43 PM
im starting to think theres a bug where the open rate is made really low for some reason. Just can't be confirmed because it can just be called bad luck. Im only opening one out of 15 attempts now.

Bronco928
03-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Hoo-rah!!! I scored number 10 earlier this afternoon, while rolling down the I-10, at about 100MPH listening to Drivin' South by Jimi Hendrix. Ladies and gentlenen, don't try this at home!! LOL

Good luck to everyone!!

Luke7676
03-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Hoo-rah!!! I scored number 10 earlier this afternoon, while rolling down the I-10, at about 100MPH listening to Drivin' South by Jimi Hendrix. Ladies and gentlenen, don't try this at home!! LOL

Good luck to everyone!!

Congrats man! That's one of the reasons I love I-10 you can speed your a** off :)

Agent Orange
03-29-2012, 04:13 PM

Good luck to everyone!!

Yikes, best I ever saw was on the 195 going across the top end of Buffalo NY. Guy driving a Toyota while playing an acoustic guitar. He was steering with his knees, had his window open with the neck of the guitar hanging out and singing. Bailed before I could nail him with my camera.

Augustorm
03-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Almost there...just 2 more docs needed. If things start to turn bad in the time that's left (2 days now) i'll start using the gold i got from tapjoy to open stuff all the way....im not losing like i lost the chance for the ambulance.

Bronco928
03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Almost there...just 2 more docs needed. If things start to turn bad in the time that's left (2 days now) i'll start using the gold i got from tapjoy to open stuff all the way....im not losing like i lost the chance for the ambulance.

Better start now, they get harder to get as the event comes to an end!!

PorkChopExpress
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
From my fuzzy math/recollection skills, I've opened ~80 briefcases @ 82k/per (6.56M total). I've gotten;

Aerospace Drone = 2
Typhoon Tiger = 4
Iron Wing = 2
Dropsite Helo = 1
Military Patrol Ship = 1
Bombardment Frigate = 2
500 Valor = 3
1.25M = 3
250K = 2
Documents = 8 (6 on Day 1, 2 from Day 2 to now)
Allies = ZERO (Thank God!)

30 items out of 80 tries... pretty sure I was at 20 items out of 40 tries and in the last 40 I've only gotten 10 items (going 5-6 hours before getting anything is pretty frustrating esp at the 83K/per briefcase I'm at now...). Broke a streak of 8 hours without an item by opening one with 1.25M - which, although it's not a document, I'm not going to cry about).

D@*N you Funzio!!! Why can't I quit spending $$ on your briefcases!!!!

Agent Orange
03-29-2012, 09:03 PM
im starting to think theres a bug where the open rate is made really low for some reason. Just can't be confirmed because it can just be called bad luck. Im only opening one out of 15 attempts now.

I have noticed the same thing in the past day, my opening rate has dropped right off. I'm trying to remember if that is the same as the titanium bar event. There was something about that one that made me want to go out and open as many cases as I could right off the bat this time vs let time where I started off slowly and wound up stuck at 9 bars.

My LLP just got their 8th document today but otherwise it's been very quiet.

Sugarymama
03-29-2012, 09:23 PM
I just got my 10th document a few minutes ago...finally! I was kind of bummed after the last event because I had opened over 50 boxes and only got to 9 bars. Achieving this goal didn't take long, and I still have 41 cases left. I think Funzio is being more generous for this event..

We'll see if the grand prize is worth it..

el_gringo
03-30-2012, 06:47 AM
I got up to 8 in the first few days, since then I've got next to nothing, the odd ally or unit and a 300k and 60k cash prize, but almost every single one has been absolutely nothing out of about 40 boxes.Only used explosives twice in that time but reset the timer a fair few times!

bilbo baggins
03-30-2012, 08:34 AM
All cash no gold openings

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6042/7029632603_fca05f6bb6_b.jpg

stricker
03-30-2012, 08:42 AM
COOL... bilbo baggins!
like that... are you optimistic that you'll get number 10

bilbo baggins
03-30-2012, 08:46 AM
COOL... bilbo baggins!
like that... are you optimistic that you'll get number 10

Not sure :( did not manage it last time but might blow my 150 tapjoy earnings on 10 lots of C4 if it gets panicky.

vanish
03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
It's interesting... in the first days of this, I found 7 of the documents. Once I hit 7, I have opened 0 in 2 days. This is exactly what happened last contest. I have a feeling that you must purchase gold to get the final 3. I have no problem finding the briefcases and have 73 of them now. I make sure that I open one an hour and went on a dry spell of 15 opened with 0 reward after finding my 7th document. I assume this is rigged in some way.

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't waste any gold for the last one or two. I just used 240 gold for my last 16 tries and come up short and to add insult to injury received 8 allies.

stricker
03-30-2012, 08:56 AM
bb - yeah... i know what you mean. i was at 9 in last event for last 2 days.... didn't get that prize & dropped 345 gold on it. oh well.
vanish - it's the law of diminishing returns... kinda like your name! hmmm... funzio marketing... hmmm i think i've heard that about a trillion times! haha! ;p
...but if they are rolling in it... well the game should be around longer and should get better too... right dev gods!

stricker
03-30-2012, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't waste any gold for the last one or two. I just used 240 gold for my last 16 tries and come up short and to add insult to injury received 8 allies.
you haven't been vaccinated yet, have you!

Thunder Child
03-30-2012, 08:59 AM
The whole event is designed this way, allowing just enough people to get all 10 and advertise the fact that it's possible, while keeping the majority tantalizingly close but far enough away from their goal for just long enough to part with some hard cash.... Not "rigged", just awesome business strategy by Funzio!

Bronco928
03-30-2012, 09:01 AM

I know it took me over 1500 to get to 10; I had a 72hour dry spell on docs, before getting the last doc. Last time, I made the mistake of waiting until the last day, thinking that using gold would get me 2. Well, I only got 1 of those 2 and finished at a painful 9.

Bronson
03-30-2012, 09:01 AM

It's spreading fast Strick and hopefully it's like the chickenpox where if you have already had it you can't get it again!

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 09:09 AM
I know it took me over 1500 to get to 10; I had a 72hour dry spell on docs, before getting the last doc. Last time, I made the mistake of waiting until the last day, thinking that using gold would get me 2. Well, I only got 1 of those 2 and finished at a painful 9.

I'm going to stick with buying crates, etc. No more slot machine play for me :)

stricker
03-30-2012, 09:09 AM
It's spreading fast Strick and hopefully it's like the chickenpox where if you have already had it you can't get it again!not the case... i relapsed... i'm starting to think it's a mutated strain of herpes!
....ooooooooouuuh! grunt herpes! that would be terrible!

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 09:10 AM

Just did :)

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 09:11 AM
not the case... i relapsed... i'm starting to think it's a mutated strain of herpes!
....ooooooooouuuh! grunt herpes! that would be terrible!

Grunt herpes are the worst! I hate those dang grunts!

W-1989-Scott
03-30-2012, 09:45 AM
I have 8 documents now what are the chances of getting 10 to unlock the last special item

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 09:58 AM
I have 8 documents now what are the chances of getting 10 to unlock the last special item

Not good. I've had 8 since Monday morning.

W-1989-Scott
03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
It's stupid that they offer something that you won't be able to get

Blackstone
03-30-2012, 02:49 PM
getting 9 and 10 is just pure dumb luck - with or without gold.

Colonelbob
03-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Funny I heard lots of people say that this event was easier than the last, but here I am again stuck at 8.

Copenhagen
03-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Stuck on 8 for three days. Dropped 540 G today and have gone 0-30. Running out of cases to open. WTF!!!!!!!

a41
03-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Have been stuck at 9 since monday :(

Copenhagen
03-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Have been stuck at 9 since monday :(

Bummer. Are you going tilt and dropping G on it, like me?

PorkChopExpress
03-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Keep getting the Aerospace Drone, Typhoon Tiger, 500 Valor, or 1.25M (3x in the last day, 6x total), but no documents... I'll take the 1.25M a 3-4 more times in lieu of the last 2 documents...

a41
03-31-2012, 03:20 AM
Bummer. Are you going tilt and dropping G on it, like me?
Nope, even if I wouldn't mind that last unit, it's still only a game.

Bronson
03-31-2012, 03:31 AM
Stuck on 9 also and will not use gold. Just opened another case to get the useless petroleum fighter.

Only have 2 cases left and really don't want to get any more as I will level up again.

StuN
03-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Stuck on 8 & I get the feeling it's not gonna happen :(

Maverick50727
03-31-2012, 06:54 AM
You'll get it buddy. We have what 5 days left(?)

You can do it Maverick. :)
Famous last words. I'm still stuck at 7 after 5 days. No chance now it seems. Did you guys have more luck. How about you JMC. you are the free player like me. I have about 80 gold earned through tapjoy and was thinking of a few sure opens but it seems that would be useless also. Maybe that little gold spent on a solar array would be better. I'll never open the 288 unopened cases I have now. AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHH

bigflan
03-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Still at 9 don't know if I'm gonna make it

Agent Orange
04-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Thought I should put a followup to this thread and some observations.

I did get 10 documents, I was the only one out of the four of us that did and I did use some gold to do a couple of opens but not a lot. I worked it out and I used 150 gold for 15 opens/time jumps. Gold was from tapjoy and from the devs to help me resolve a problem I had with my account.

Ok so anyhow my observations, like last time it got nearly impossible at the end to get your 10th document. I noticed this with the previous event so decided to change strategies (I don't play CC btw) and made sure I was finding briefcases and opening them as fast as I could when the event started. I think I was on it within minutes of it starting this time.

I was able to get 8 documents on the first day of the event and I had several back to back opens with docs. I noticed the bulk of them cam in the late afternoon or evening. The worse time for finding them seemed to be early to mid morning now that could be just coincidence but I'm tossing all the things I noticed out here just to see if someone else noticed similar things and perhaps see if there is a pattern.

At the beginning it was fairly easy for me to open cases, I would say 1 in 2 would open with the cash or medium option. On the first day when I had a case that took more than 2 tries I would use gold to open it and several turned out to documents. If I was on a hot streak I used gold to reset the timer and hit another case. I think I had 2 back to back like this which makes me wonder if the game is actually timed or has parameters set as to when it will dole out the prizes.

I don't know if there is any correlation here but for my 10th I noticed that I was having a hard time getting this one case to open so used gold and just about fell off my chair because it was a document.

I don't know if the game tracks the amount of cash you spend trying to open cases but I found I had much better results than my brothers and LLP. My cost to open cases was nearly double what they had to pay but I also had much better results.

Last time I wondered if having too many cases pending influenced my luck in finding docs, this time out I tried to only have the 1 to open on the first day and I would wait to hit the naval battle for more. Plus that reduced my exposure to pilfering of my cases. At the end of the game I had over 150 unopened cases and because of that I actually stopped attacking rivals if they dropped a case and I hadn't finished hitting them 10 times.

It seemed to me I got more docs from cases I won in PvP than from PvE.

I really wish we had the option of declining the cases or whatever this special thing is going to be and even better if we could give unwanted cases to our allies.

Think that just about covers it. Btw my LLP got their 9th document a couple of hours ago which is almost 12 hours after the event ended, like last time it looks like as long as you don't close or crash you have a chance at opening whatever cases you have left. You cannot find new cases.

Sia made an interesting observation about the number of cases opened before finding the final doc. I think it was 150 but that makes me wonder because it did feel a lot like the 9th and 10th were on some sort of counter and it took quite a few loot hits before those final docs turned up. Why I'm not going to go too crazy with my LLP to see if a 10th is possible even now.

Matt Thornton
04-01-2012, 10:54 PM
thanx for the wise words Agent Orange, i sent this reply to funzio today after they blew me off.

to Funzio
I simply cannot believe that you don't think I deserve the 10 th secret document. I played the game constantly over the 7 days the quest was on and leveled up even though I didn't want to ,just to get as many briefcases as possible . I opened most of the cases with 15 gold bars the rest at $75000 coin and even reset the timer over 80 times x 15 gold bars at a time just to get the final document. I don't see how it's possible to do all of that work and spend all of that money and STILL not receive the final secret document required for the unit and 20% reduction in upgrade time. We are talking about a virtual commodity not a real thing, why are you making it so difficult. I only ever wanted the final prize to begin with , so the units and allies it gave me that I paid for were useless to me .
I have spent nearly $1000 on this free game ( stamina refills and upgrades and buildings and units ) and if you don't think I deserve what I am asking for then I don't wish to participate in your game any longer and I will be making a formal complaint with the department of fair trading.
Awaiting your reply,
Matt Thornton.

GNS-52992
04-02-2012, 02:48 AM
Don't try to open any briefcase it's an ambush from the creator to force you buy gold i was having 35 for 3 days i try every hour no luck even with money after the 3 days thee all gone ( 1 time only )

vanish
04-02-2012, 09:06 AM
I also got stuck on 9... I can honestly say that after this last contest, I will never buy gold. Now that I know its not a given. I understand RNG, but Funzio broke my trust with 2 contests in a row and a lot of effort for no pay off. It's a game... it should be fun, not frustrating as hell.

Agent Orange
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Just to do a final follow up on my LLP. They finally crashed this evening about 38 hours after the event ended. They did not get a 10th doc but then I was not expecting to get it based on how many opens it took me between my 9th and 10th but it was still interesting that I did get a doc a full 12 hours after it officially ended.

Funzio is saying that they will look into this event and perhaps the next one won't generate as much of a fuss.

I think though that an important strategy is to hit the event hard on the first day, what I did and why I think I got all 10 in the end. Granted if things get 'fixed' my master plan my be useless next time. Over all I did better this time around and that is primarily due to getting 8 docs on day 1 and my 9th on day 2. It then took several days to find the 10th and for those curious I kept opening cases right up to the end and slightly beyond but never found another doc, not that I was expecting to.

Bottom line, I think these events require a fair bit of luck and some strategy.

-->FISH<--
04-02-2012, 10:15 PM
i Made it until 10:30 am after it stopped at 2:00am local time.