PDA

View Full Version : Funzio strategy!

Giedrius
03-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I see what Funzio trying to do... After killing m4 and dd's they trying very hard to make us to do map missions. Look: in players profile window they "recommend" to spend skill points on energy. Now this new event - The Pathmaker 20% better JOB payouts... I recon they will try to kill 2 birds with one stone. I think most of us will get Pathmaker pretty easy: 1) 20% better payouts will make us do more jobs for cash. 2) They will show us that you can get best prize even without spending loads of gold. Problem is even 20% better payouts is pretty low. To make work they need to increase payouts dramaticly. Now we spend millions to pay in and get hundreds maybe thousands.... Not good. In 7 days we will see am I right. That's just my 2 cents.

erik
03-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Well, time will certainly tell as far as the adjustments that Funzio has made on this event. The first few bags will not tell us!

I am going to go in positive though, and what I like so far is this:

1. Increased communication before - Pre-Announcing event, and pre-event outreach. (Nothing on event changes though)
2. Rewards that are NOT guns. Hurray!
3. Good encouraging start - 2 for 2, 1 contraband.
4. Decent drop - Samurai Knife - 9/13

Reward bonus is not great... but this is right off the heels of another event. Very smart in that it will not entice high lvl/hvy buyers to HAVE to spend gold. Less pressure, more fun, nice prizes.

Initial Reaction: Very smart funzio. Well played sirs and madame.

Giedrius
03-23-2012, 09:51 PM
My comment wasn't negative either. I agree with Finzio that looting wasn't good for game. If you think about it 2 most looted items m4 and dd took away 2 categories from 4. Players who maxed out on these items have very little strategy left: chain whips and well armor bit more complicated you have more interesting options like: firstly you can BUY decent shields (which affordable) attack wise goggles ( respect again). So not so much freedom. Few suggestions. Missions is fun but in my opinion it shouldn't hurt economy so badly. Funzio need to increase payouts. To avoid grinding same missions for money they need to increase map completion rewards- that way we can't milk it. But reward should be big enough for next maps few missions pay ins. And boom we have fun, we get new weapons which don't hurt economy job done.

k0de
03-24-2012, 02:53 AM
I don't think anyone is trying to "make" you do anything. Anyone lucky enough to end up with a Pathmaker may, as a consequence, consider adopting a strategy in which map missions play some part, but it's more likely they'll end up with little more than an few hundred increase in their A/D. +20% on job payouts isn't quite the game changer we've seen in the last two events. It certainly isn't enough to compel me to finish more maps.

Of course, the same argument could be made for PvP...
"Funzio is trying to make us do PvP. Now that the M4 and DD got nerfed, they make new Thug Life goals and everyone will have to do fights for respect now because it's the only way to get really good weapons."

Now, they can't both be true, but one is as good an argument as the other so which is it? You see? You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true. Facts schmacts.

mnju_03
03-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Facts shmacts! Lmao. I'm so using that from now on.