PDA

View Full Version : New event starting this afternoon!

L Fizzle
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Get ready! A new event is hitting Crime City later this afternoon! Be on the look out!

Can't wait to hear your feedback. Feel free to post it in this thread!

Fizz

Boom
03-23-2012, 02:14 PM
What time? Excited also did u post the poll yet?

Ohaithere
03-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the early warning, great stuff fizzle

Can we call you fizzle lizzie?

Slickster
03-23-2012, 02:17 PM
First off ms L fizzle thank you for the heads up on the event and clearly showing you are listening to all of the people that provide input on ways they believe will make this game and forum not only better but a lot more enjoying ..... Hip hip hooray

frankhyc
03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
great ! more information?

L Fizzle
03-23-2012, 02:19 PM
You'll see it in game later today. I know you guys generally know how these things work. :)

i need muney
03-23-2012, 02:22 PM
You'll see it in game later today. I know you guys generally know how these things work. :)
Another lockbox, eh? Time in PST or whatever would be greatly appreciated.

deuces
03-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Another lockbox, eh? Time in PST or whatever would be greatly appreciated.

Should launch within the next 2 hours and 30mins, as its 2:30pm in san francisco right now. She said afternoon, which will be over soon, and i'd assume they want to launch by end of normal business hours.

Coco c
03-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Will we need the new update to participate in this event?

Ghost818
03-23-2012, 02:42 PM
So does anyone have access to the event yet? Or am I pointlessly restarting several times for no reason :confused:

L Fizzle
03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Should launch within the next 2 hours and 30mins, as its 2:30pm in san francisco right now. She said afternoon, which will be over soon, and i'd assume they want to launch by end of normal business hours.

The point is...get excited....I wouldn't fret about times.... :)

deuces
03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Details and predictions are so much fun tho!

Slickster
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
So does anyone have access to the event yet? Or am I pointlessly restarting several times for no reason :confused: the stadium is filled The contestants have lined up at the starting line , but the gun has not went off yet, no worries ghost these judges are very forgiving and u will not be penalized for any false starts, happy hunting whatever it is we will be hunting

Ghost818
03-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Could I borrow some ammunition, Nicholost(that nose picker) kinda sucker punched me and took mine?

Slickster
03-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Could I borrow some ammunition, Nicholost(that nose picker) kinda sucker punched me and took mine? sure not a problem meet you at seven / eleven you buy the slurpees I'll bring some ammo

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 02:52 PM
I posted this in another thread, but it probably more appropriate here:

LFizzle, thanks for giving us a heads-up that an event is coming before it begins. We requested that Funzio do that, and now you have. This shows that you guys are listening to our requests. Thank you.

Ghost818
03-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Sounds great, don't forget to bring some respect points we will drop them as we furiously search to distract the rest.

Slickster
03-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Sounds great, don't forget to bring some respect points we will drop them as we furiously search to distract the rest. do you prefer scented or the non scented kind, we have to keep out audience in mind

Boom
03-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Is there gonna be an update? I doubt it since there was an update yesterday.

Ghost818
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
do you prefer scented or the non scented kind, we have to keep out audience in mind
I hear we are up against some fish, they have no noses just gills, so we can get the cricket flavored ones just like the power bait I use to catch trout.

Slickster
03-23-2012, 03:04 PM
I hear we are up against some fish, they have no noses just gills, so we can get the cricket flavored ones just like the power bait I use to catch trout. cricket flavored it is; good thig there's a bass pro shop down the road from me

Gaming Will
03-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Dang it! I should have checked in with the forum BEFORE I spent all my energy on nothing!

Vile Lynn
03-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Wow, Fizz! You are really turning this forum around, and fast!
Thanks for the heads-up & the new, fun stuff! :D

(You should get 1% of all future gold sales! lol, JK! But wouldn't that be sweet?!)

Joeycool
03-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I hope it is an event that is only visible if you have 500 mafia members! :)

Vile Lynn
03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I hope it is an event that is only visible if you have 500 mafia members! :)
lol, hope is good :)

erik
03-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Dear Lfizzle,

This is madness. I still have not recovered from the last event and I have guests coming tonight for 10 days starting tonight.

This could get ugly :)

LOL @ JC

TRAZ
03-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Thank you very much for making an announcement. Truly appreciated!

TRAZ
03-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Just started for me. Closed and reopened and wohoo.....

Version 2.2.1 HD

Ram
03-23-2012, 06:41 PM
The quest for 10 bags has begun!

NotsoFunzio
03-23-2012, 06:51 PM
The quest for 10 bags has begun!

Im always buying 10 bags........................... This event won't be a problem for me.... Im an expert..........

Swearengen
03-23-2012, 07:33 PM
L Fizzle does it make any difference if you have downloaded the new CC update yet or not on the iphone? Just curious...

Thanks

Pekersss
03-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Awww, an event starts the day I leave my phone at the office! No bueno. Ah well... I'll catch up : )

dudeman
03-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Question regarding the 20% better job payouts:

To which job rewards does this modifier apply?
A) Cash only?
B) Cash and XP?
C) Loot drop rates?
D) A and C?
E) B and C?

L Fizzle
03-23-2012, 08:36 PM
You guys should see it now! Have fun! Post feedback here and I'll share with the team next week!

kinghansen
03-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I can’t believe the short period of time between events, how exciting. Or frustrating, only time will tell. :p

Murda
03-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Is this available in HD? Or is there a minimum level to participate? I just started a new game on HD, level 5 and I didn't get this event?

dudeman
03-23-2012, 09:31 PM
I have a recurring first impression for these events. It is difficult to obtain "mystery boxes" (theme subject to change so I use the term for consistency) at the beginning of events, and absurdly easy to obtain them by the end of an event.

Would it create an issue if everyone started events with a given number of mystery boxes on hand? Five to ten perhaps? Not too many, just enough to make sure each player can begin opening the mystery boxes as soon as an event starts, and enough to give everyone a chance to acquire them through PvP and robberies.

Pekersss
03-23-2012, 09:36 PM
smiling clown van
smiling sweet tooth
Crying while I Eat
Ice cream extraordinaire
Obese Van
obesity hoarder
Can't Touch This

Crazyscorp
03-23-2012, 10:53 PM
Although good to see events happening regularly, it would be nice to have some originality rather than the same spend a crap load of gold openning boxes over and over with the results being all based on luck

Pekersss
03-23-2012, 11:05 PM
at least for now, a lot is going to be random. they've definitely improved with taking advice/hearing suggestions from users. I lost my faith, but it's being brought back.

G Wiz
03-23-2012, 11:29 PM
smiling clown van
smiling sweet tooth
Crying while I Eat
Ice cream extraordinaire
Obese Van
obesity hoarder
Can't Touch Thisstill trying there huh?

Crazyscorp
03-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Just checked modern war, the bonus on the item is 20% faster upgrading which is a great reward where I would have no choice but to drop gold to get it, no to fussed on this one though.

jaywalker
03-24-2012, 12:41 AM
I wake up, start my crime city, dump all my energy into some random place, spend my 35 stamina. Answer a text, go back in and THEN the even appears for me. "nice"..

Just like the last event, it fails to update with the event even though I close CC when I exit.

kimberleyj
03-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Gutted the event started today, i guess it started at 4 am here. I won't get to open any boxes tomorrow because I am out all day and can't get home till the day after.

Robin Hood
03-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the advanced notice on the event L Fizz. This shows that you (and Funzio) are listening and makes taking the time to post on this forum feel worthwhile.

You asked for feedback so here goes and I will try to stay positive / constructive:

An aspect of the lockbox event that really appealed to me was that Funzio took the time to create really unique reward weapons. We had never seen anything like the Diamond Dusters, Laser Gun or Heater/SIG. For me this made them all the more desirable and obtaining them all the more rewarding.

I have to be honest, my first thought when I saw the reward items for the wall safe event: *lazy* They were all copies of existing items and in the case of the Assassination Pistol and Irish Dragon, the devs didn't even take the time to change the color for what I assume was a half-hearted attempt at an Irish theme.

This time around, I am a little underwhelmed with the first three reward items, especially the Skull Smasher, which we have already seen in crates. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the opportunity to have a crack at weapons with upgraded stats and special rewards, but seeing the "same old stuff" makes it a little less exciting.

More Pathmakers and Sigs please, less green m4 a1s.

Amor
03-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Is this available in HD? Or is there a minimum level to participate? I just started a new game on HD, level 5 and I didn't get this event?
Yea, there must be a minimum level. My level 9 account has never seen these events. 0/3

jaywalker
03-24-2012, 09:30 AM
Yea, there must be a minimum level. My level 9 account has never seen these events. 0/3

Install the non hd version and test there and/ or update the app...
Also, you might have to doubletap home and close the app completely (not sure if you have tried or not).

Max Power
03-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Not a chance this time, suckers! (shaking fist)

ThugLife
03-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Having all these events is really tiring. Still going to play, but I just hope that the drop rate is better for the bags. In the last event I'd hit the safe about 10-15 times and not get a thing. Managed to get 10 diamonds and was only so close to getting the emerald burner. I actually wish we could go back and finish the past events, since so much time was spent trying to complete them.

Santa
03-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Having all these events is really tiring. Still going to play, but I just hope that the drop rate is better for the bags. In the last event I'd hit the safe about 10-15 times and not get a thing. Managed to get 10 diamonds and was only so close to getting the emerald burner. I actually wish we could go back and finish the past events, since so much time was spent trying to complete them.

Although we would all like to be able to revisit the previous events, the value of gold would decrease significantly.

I think of gold as time. More time for non gold players = less value for gold players

ThugLife
03-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Although we would all like to be able to revisit the previous events, the value of gold would decrease significantly.

I think of gold as time. More time for non gold players = less value for gold players

That's very true, especially while the game is still hot. Maybe they can pull a 1-2 day previous event then. If it's within a very limited time frame, gold users may rush to buy gold.

Lasic
03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
What do the Prize Items depend on? Is it your characters lvl? Or a version?

I ask, because I play a regular version on iPod (I'm lvl 36 atm) and my friend plays a HD (lvl 72) one on iPad and there are differences. Pretty huge ones. Summarising attack and defense given by the 4 items it looks like this:
- normal version: 244 A , 272 D (A+D=516)
- HD version: 385 A , 277 D (A+D=662)

The first three items are totally different (nevermind their names and stats), while the last one, a green van, looks the same on both versions but has totally different stats and name:
- normal version: Sunchaser 194 A , 139 D
- HD version: Green Extreme 268 A , 172 D

Where do the differences come from?

i need muney
03-26-2012, 12:22 PM
From your level