PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Respects

Burn
03-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm currently mid-level (109) and re-evaluating my strategy because of the extension of Thug Lifes, and also because this is the second extension of TL, an expectation (hope) that they may be extended again in the future.

Thug Life and fighting is my current focus, so I'm pulling in maybe 2000R - 2500R per day.

Anyone at higher levels care to give me some tips about where I should be putting my Respect Points for the foreseeable future? I'm currently adding only Chain Whips, and will probably continue up to at least 250, unless someone smart tells me otherwise.

Here is what I currently have....

Guns
Tommy Gun - 100*
Sawn Off - 10
RPG - 11
M4A1 - 356 (I've listed these in case it helps in pointing me towards more Sawn Offs or more RPG)

Melee
Columbian Knife - 15*
Serrated Blade - 15
Chain Whip - 74

Armour
Combat Boots - 40*
Night Vision Binoculars - 250
Full Combat Gear - 4

Vehicles
Yamaha Race Bike - 250
Exelero - 11

* Note that I have only listed the lower level items in case any users at low levels might find this useful, without buying Gold I have still managed to stay pretty much in the top 10% from level 1 onwards, so you don't need to plough lots of RP into Combat Boots and Tommy Guns that will later become obsolete, I found what I had was always adequate to stay strong and effective in the lower levels.

Ohaithere
03-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Chain whips are good until 250, depends if you want to farm vehicles really. Could just get 250 then reassess, maybe exceleros or seething?

kinghansen
03-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Well I'm not a higher level than yourself so I dont know if you want my input. But anyways, I have been using the respect strategy even before the nerfs so heres my position on the subject:

I wouldnt focus on chain whips at this moment. I would actually wait to complete the melee category after you have completed armor, guns and vehicles. I know your melee is lacking and quite far behind your other equipment but that is fine. Chain whips are ridiculously expensive for their stats; basically, you end up spending more repect and incresing your stats less than if you invested in another item. May I suggest first focusing on Night Vision Binoculars, Sawn-Offs or Yamaha Race Bikes. They will all provide better stats increases per respect spent.

Burn
03-23-2012, 02:26 PM
@kinghansen

Yep, I was doing Chain Whips because I haven't previously gone nuts with Columbians or Serrated but, because of PVP loot my Melee stats are underpinned with maybe 300 Butterfly and 200 Nail Bats, also bought about 50 Garrotes.

But I'm open to any and all suggestions.

@Ohaithere, I've not opened Exeleros yet, the ones I have are for Thug Life completions. Not keen on farming currently, so would rather avoid. Unless anyone wants to PM a good spot ;)

Rhino72
03-23-2012, 02:31 PM
With your M4 quantity I don't think you could go wrong with Chain Whips or Exeleros. I would guess each chain whip will give you @ +20 attack and + @ 14 def while each Exelero might get you at least + 25 attack and + @ 14 Def. Chain Whips and Exeleros both seem like good end game items but vehicles are so much harder to farm now that I think paying up 450 more respect for each Exelero over a Chain Whip is worth it. You can farm Stone Hammers or Spiked Hammers at the same time as buying Exeleros and get some decent melee improvements.

Crazyscorp
03-23-2012, 02:41 PM
No idea why you would stop at 250. In your case would get night vision goggles to at least 450, then get chain whips to 490 or so. Exactelly where to stop depends on if you intend to use gold or not and will end up replacing them.

Burn
03-23-2012, 02:49 PM
I got Bikes to 250 first, then Goggles now Whips - I'm not stopping as such, just spreading things around, as this also gives me options should any interesting new stuff become available.

But I'll repeat, I am listening to any advice given before deciding on what makes the most sense to me.

Santa
03-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Although I have less knowledge on the subject, my strategy would be to focus on getting at least 300 NVB's, at least 250 CW's, and then to steadily add Exeleros. I wouldn't focus too much on one thing, I mean what if they introduced new RP items?

Cheers!

Burn
03-24-2012, 11:59 AM
You are wise beyond your years

Any more input on ths anyone? Currently still ploughing R into Whips, with a few more NVG for good measure.

Also changed plan and now farming DD's, but hate that my Exp is now surging upwards again after a couple of weeks of zero farming.

mnju_03
03-24-2012, 12:15 PM
You are wise beyond your years

Any more input on ths anyone? Currently still ploughing R into Whips, with a few more NVG for good measure.

Also changed plan and now farming DD's, but hate that my Exp is now surging upwards again after a couple of weeks of zero farming.
Do you concur? I concur.
http://movieclips.com/geHJ5-catch-me-if-you-can-movie-do-you-concur/

Burn
03-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Ok, lemme see if I have this right, so you are suggesting I get in my car and go and knock a kid off his bike. OK, I'll report back later on what this does for my stats. I'll take my phone with me so i can keep opening bags, k?