PDA

View Full Version : FCG's or NVB's some stats.

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Okay, this is the perenial question.... Which is better, NVB or FCG's. The answer, obviously, is the Full Combat Gear. It has better stats, and is more competitive in the longer term.

However, the NVB's are obviously *better* in the short term; you can generally get more stats per day if you go for them. The question is, by how much. I have created a spreadsheet that will compare different Respect strategies in order to try and work this out.

I'm going to use some fairly typical (I think) starting points. Lets take for an example, the lowest power armor item defense is 5, and you earn 1500 RP/day.

If you had two players, one whom spends all RP on NVB's and then switches to FCG, one whom spends all RP on FCG. In terms of defense, you can draw the following results:

1.) The NVB Strategy will have stronger defense for 170 days. He will be, at most 17.19% STRONGER than the player purchasing FCG's (at day 100). This strategy will be MORE than 5% stronger than the other for ~40 days.

2.) The FCG Will be stronger between day 170 and day 370; and will be, at most 17.79% stronger at day ~270 (the day they max out on FCGs). This strategy will be MORE than 5% stronger than the other for ~140 days.

3.) After day 370, both strategies are the same.

Attack, on the other hand, is a different matter.

In terms of attack

1.) The NVB Strategy will have stronger defense for 260 days. He will be, at most 39.97% STRONGER than the player purchasing FCG's (at day 100). This strategy will be MORE than 5% stronger than the other for ~240 days.

2.) The FCG Will be stronger between day 260 and day 370; and will be, at most 2.18% stronger at day ~270 (the day they max out on FCGs).

3.) After day 370, both strategies are the same.

But we all know, it's may not be the best idea to just get to 500 NVB's, a better strategy may be to buy "some" NVBs, and then switch to FCG. The magic question is "how many NVB's should I buy so that I am NEVER more than 5% weaker than a player buying only FCG".

The magic number answer is : 165.

Asking the same question, but to ensure you are NEVER more than 2% weaker than a player just buying FCG's, the magic number answer is: 73.

I am drawing no conclusions here (although I have changed my own mind on the subject). I would just like the information available so you can all make up your own mind.

dudeman
03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the post, I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from this information.

I stopped at around 140 NVB a long time ago. I couldn't see any reason to continue with them at that point. I didn't do ANY calculations, but it wasn't a random decision either.

Nice to see some calculations that back up my decision.

Ohaithere
03-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Would it not make more sense to have these two scenarios: one getting fcg every day from day one vs one getting nvb every day until 400 and then getting chain whips? Which is the strategy I have gone for, rather than getting nvb and then fcg

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 01:19 PM
That's tab 2 on the spreadsheet ;) watch this space.....

DenZ1
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
No issue here. Get NVB, hands down all day long. :) Its quick. Spend the rest RPs on chain whips. Once you get good economy, by FBI shield and keep spending RP points on whips or Exceleros.

Bruiser
03-23-2012, 07:38 PM
You completely over thought this process. NVB's are a great option till "end game". The RP to obtain them is 300RP as apposed to 800RP AND there is a cash option for FBI Shield at 24 def. 1 gain in attack vs 3 lost in defence but 250k saved in RP (and time wise) for Chain Whips etc. FCG's will never enter my inventory UNLESS its through a Thug Life or Hardcore Hitman reward.