PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm....what do you think of this plan

Holicaholic
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
I am at level 95 and am nearing 100 chain whips. My plan was/is to get to 100 and then save all my RP to get a massive amount of Exceleros when they unlock at level 115. Any idea on this plan?

Also, when I reach level 100 will ALL the thug life goals open to me? Or are they progressively unlocked like the others?

Ohaithere
03-23-2012, 11:00 AM
I think they should ll br open after that yes. I have seen a few people use this strategy but I generally find people wit a lot of exceleros are a fair bit weaker than me and others. They are great for end game but just don't get you very much for the rp you pay, I would suggest trying to get 250 chain whips. Maybe it will work for you?

Then again if you have good stats for your level at the moment and dnt need to improve them, why not save as it won't change anything?

Luke 3457
03-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Look and see how much chain whips are increasing your stats if u still get at least 20 attack keep buying them. You'll have plenty of time for excels in the future. Not to mention by saving rp points your stats will not be gradually increasing. Once u get to higher levels you'll want as high attack/defense as you can. Unless you just want a huge increase later up to you. Are weak in vehicles now?

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
It depends. What atk/def do you get from CWs at the moment?

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Holicaholic, first, identify your weak areas. Make purchases based off that. I would recommend not making purchasing decisions based on the number you have acquired because it doesn't account for other items in that category. PM me your email and I'll send you something that will help with this.

Max Power
03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
What you are planning on farming is also a factor. I am benefitting from Chain Whips at a higher level because I am not farming any Melee items.

Holicaholic
03-23-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm not farming anything anymore. I have like 220 M$s and never moved on to DDs. Chain Whips are giving me either 22 or 23 attack right now. I definitely don't have enough vehicles to outfit my mafia, which is one of the reasons I was gonna go for the Excelero save. I'm decent for my level; nearly 12k attack and only 341 mafia members.

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 11:38 AM
The equation to calculate which gives you the biggest stat boost per RP is:

(s1-k1)/rp1 > (s2-k2)/rp2

Where:

S1: stats of the first RP item
K1: current worst item in the same class as your first item (that you equip)
Rp1: RP cost of your first item.

And ..2 is as above for your second item.

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 11:41 AM
The equation to calculate which gives you the biggest stat boost per RP is:

(s1-k1)/rp1 > (s2-k2)/rp2

Where:

S1: stats of the first RP item
K1: current best item in the same class as your first item
Rp1: RP cost of your first item.

And ..2 is as above for your second item.

Shouldn't the Ks (k1 & k2) be the stats of the worst item of that class in your inventory? When you add a new item, the best item doesn't get replaced, the worst does. So the gain is the difference between the new item and the item it replaces (the worst).

EDIT: The problem is identifying the worst item, which is where the stat calculator that Ramshutu and I have been working on comes into play.

Vile Lynn
03-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Saving for the Exeleros is a good idea! You can still buy lots of CWs until then... You've got lots of oportunities to earn lots of RPs until the Exelero unlocks. I saved up mine and had a blast buying a bunch of them.

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Shouldn't the Ks (k1 & k2) be the stats of the worst item of that class in your inventory? When you add a new item, the best item doesn't get replaced, the worst does. So the gain is the difference between the new item and the item it replaces (the worst).

EDIT: The problem is identifying the worst item, which is where the stat calculator that Ramshutu and I have been working on comes into play.

Yes. Stop const-blocking me :(

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Yes. Stop const-blocking me :(

Whatever, dude. You integration-tested the stat calculator and suggested changes, which I implemented, so one can argue that you correct me as much as I correct you. So yeah, WTF, dude?! Maybe you should stop "const-blocking" me!

:p

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Whatever, dude. You integration-tested the stat calculator and suggested changes, which I implemented, so one can argue that you correct me as much as I correct you. So yeah, WTF, dude?! Maybe you should stop "const-blocking" me!

:p

I so want to throw some programming references in here to make this conversation an order of magnitude more geeky than it is. So I will just respond with this:

String conversation;
Socket hand;
Socket face;

If (!face.isOpen())
{
//you are here.
hand << conversation;
}

mnju_03
03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Geekdom is wonderful!

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 12:17 PM
I so want to throw some programming references in here to make this conversation an order of magnitude more geeky than it is. So I will just respond with this:

String conversation;
Socket hand;
Socket face;

If (!face.isOpen())
{
//you are here.
hand << conversation;
}

Well, I didn't import the java.net.Socket class, so Socket cannot be resolved to a type. Basically, I'm not compiling what you're saying.

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Well, I didn't import the java.net.Socket class, so Socket cannot be resolved to a type. Basically, I'm not compiling what you're saying.

You cant debug my burn.

dudeman
03-23-2012, 12:23 PM
If you are weak in the vehicle department saving for Exeleros is a good idea. You can always go back to Chain Whips after.

Saving RP for Exeleros is exactly what I did starting at level 90-something. I got 52 or 53 Exeleros the instant I unlocked them, and I kept going until I hit 100. I'm getting close to 250 Chain Whips now and am beginning to consider going back to Exeleros. I will decide in a few days when I actually get to 250 CWs. If they still give me 18/14 I might continue with them. I don't expect 14 defense points from an Exelero, but there isn't another vehicle with the Exelero's attack score, so that's a bit of a trade off.

mnju_03
03-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha