PDA

View Full Version : New event gold boycott

Xira
03-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Just curious, how many other big gold spenders plan on boycotting gold purchases on this next event like I do? I know a bunch have said they were going to previously, wondering if they will stick to it?

After we were milked like cattle the last event, it would be nice to push back...

Rocky35
03-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Now that the gold on sale again, some whiners will spend again. They whine and whine, but they won't boycott. You may be among a few that do.

koralene
03-23-2012, 02:07 AM
i want to say i won't use gold as i had to use a lot to get the free banking but it depends on the final prize... the weapon means nothing to me but the free banking was to hard to pass up. If they offer something like... reduced times for expansion or build times... i might have to go for that... more bloody gold to spend. damn funzio we really have a love hate relationship going on hehe :)

Max Power
03-23-2012, 04:59 AM
Not the torch and pitchfork kinda guy, but I have determined buying gold is a poor value. I may break down come time for Palm Hotels, which used to be a sure thing. Now, I am leaning against buying gold for anything.

Vile Lynn
03-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Xira, Those big gold spenders you talk about... They will still be big. I doubt they will boycot if the prize is right, but that last one was hard to resist for many of them.

Swifty
03-23-2012, 07:52 AM
It would be interesting to know how many of the self-described gold boycotters broke down and bought gold for the last event.

I have no idea. Maybe none of them did.

i need muney
03-23-2012, 12:33 PM
"I can't believe Miramax would have anything to do with this ****.
I, for one, will be boycotting this movie. Who's with me?"
And then there are about fifty more posts from people who agree to join Spartacus-here's boycott of the flick.

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 12:42 PM
I will see... I am leaning towards buying Gold simply because CCM as he is responsible for the funniest one-liner ever made on the forums this week.

Dorian Gray
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Depends on how much they change things based on our complaints about the last event (price hike, horrible odds). Fizz said she would bring that stuff up to them.

I didn't spend gold the last event because of the gold price hike.

I think Max said it somewhere, probably better off getting crates.

i need muney
03-23-2012, 01:03 PM
I will see... I am leaning towards buying Gold simply because CCM as he is responsible for the funniest one-liner ever made on the forums this week.
What was it?

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 01:08 PM
What was it?

"I may or may not be an Atomic monster."

You have to see it in the context of the thread.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22347-Mark-reaches-2000-posts

i need muney
03-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I checked in for that one :)

DenZ1
03-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Just curious, how many other big gold spenders plan on boycotting gold purchases on this next event like I do? I know a bunch have said they were going to previously, wondering if they will stick to it?

After we were milked like cattle the last event, it would be nice to push back...

Personally, I got some gold on sale already. Whether I spent it or not on event will depend entirely if price will go down and odds will go up back to normal. In case of same "a-la emerald screw you up" style I won't be spending any.

Royal Flush
03-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Nah won't be ... Need to see improvements first. Legally they've bypassed it from being gambling, but in every respect it is still gambling just with a crapper outcome! Now if it was back with the original event where dedication & moderate gold spent pretty much guaranteed the last reward then that's different ....

Still I reckon that Funzio won't change it, they'll just make the last items bonus so jaw droppingly good that even the boycotters will be tempted!

Royal Flush
03-23-2012, 01:56 PM
See blastmasta knows how to tempt people ... I mean look at the quality of the pitch!

L Fizzle
03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Event starting later today....give it a chance for me! I can't guarantee all the issues you guys talked about will be solved...but know that we're listening and working to make improvements!

L

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Event starting later today....give it a chance for me! I can't guarantee all the issues you guys talked about will be solved...but know that we're listening and working to make improvements!

L
LFizzle, thanks for giving us a heads-up that an event is coming before it began. We requested that Funzio do that based on the last two events, so this is a sign that you guys are listening to our requests. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be absent from WiFi for the next four days, so the event's timing couldn't have been worse. Could you guys please check with me and confirm my schedule is open next time? :p

Rhino72
03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
We did check with you and realised you would be away the next few days. Therefore, we knew it was the right time to start the event. Peace out bro!

jobadass
03-23-2012, 02:42 PM
We did check with you and realised you would be away the next few days. Therefore, we knew it was the right time to start the event. Peace out bro!
BAHAHAHAHAHA!
was thinking the same thing, Pujols is on IR.

Swifty
03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Bad timing for our good friend Twinkie, but she will be having so much fun in Aruba, that she probably won't mind too much.

Ghost818
03-23-2012, 02:45 PM
LFizzle, thanks for giving us a heads-up that an event is coming before it began. We requested that Funzio do that based on the last two events, so this is a sign that you guys are listening to our requests. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be absent from WiFi for the next four days, so the event's timing couldn't have been worse. Could you guys please check with me and confirm my schedule is open next time? :p
I cant believe you stole my ghost cloak. And I made false accusations that they nerfed it. Who knew that your "going on holiday" with it.

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 02:55 PM
I cant believe you stole my ghost cloak. And I made false accusations that they nerfed it. Who knew that your "going on holiday" with it.
No ghost cloak usage here. I'm going to go play bikes out in the desert. Bikes > CC.

Ghost818
03-23-2012, 03:02 PM
No ghost cloak usage here. I'm going to go play bikes out in the desert. Bikes > CC.
Nice man, you ever been on an ATV?

mnju_03
03-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm also going to play bikes, around the lakes... Get this, with a real girl too! :P

Rhino72
03-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen!

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Nice man, you ever been on an ATV?

Of course. Hate 'em. They widen single track. Also, I'm talking mountain bikes, not motor bikes. They're what I do for a living.

jobadass
03-23-2012, 03:52 PM

L
Hey L,
Do we have to update our version of CC to participate?

Ghost818
03-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Of course. Hate 'em. They widen single track. Also, I'm talking mountain bikes, not motor bikes. They're what I do for a living.
Nice bro, enjoy your break from here, me, and the game haha. Sounds fun, which desert you heading too? You can PM me if you dont want to tell the public lol.

Xira
03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Well it is a bonus that I have 0 interest in the end item this go around... 0 gold going into that.

Plumbernick9
03-23-2012, 06:41 PM
I will definitely not spend gold on this event. I have spent around a grand on gold, and I will not spend one more bar due to the emerald event. That was a load of crap.

Jizzlestix
03-23-2012, 07:06 PM
they make the item impossible to get otherwise.. its a joke really. at least make it feasible to attain

JimmyShines
03-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Well it is a bonus that I have 0 interest in the end item this go around... 0 gold going into that.

+1

Ditto, if they made it with a 2000% increase, I'd have to think about it..... LOL... come on Funzio, the story part of the game is the worse pile of carpal tunnel syndrome anyone has seen....

xclusiv
03-24-2012, 12:51 AM
gold on events is a waste, makes no difference its just comes down to luck.