PDA

View Full Version : What's a meat shield

overkill 280
03-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I've seen this mentioned quite a bit, about guys talking about their meat shield units. What are they? I know it's probably something I should know, But I'm just a so called NUBE! Oh hey and War Priest. I was going to say HI first. But then I remembered reading your post b4, on how you can always tell it's a new guy, cause they always start by saying, HI. lol

Mcdoc
03-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Hi - a meat shield is a hard plastic cup that you wear around your crotch to protect your meat - LoL

War Priest
03-22-2012, 06:33 PM
Haha. That's funny, but true.

overkill 280
03-22-2012, 06:37 PM
So it's basically a unit that I would of bought when I first started the game, that I shouldn't replace because there are better ones?

Mcdoc
03-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Ok - so seriously - Hi again - a meat shield is an "expendable unit" that you don't mind losing in battle to satisfy the lost units in whatever the equation is that determines how many units you lose versus losing a unit that you paid a lot of money for. Most people don't waste money on units that are listed as "medium" or "high" casualty rate because you could lose those units in a very short period of time.

SO - a lot of people like to "farm" the Amphibious Trooper (AT) from the docks mission by attacking the Amphibious Squad Leader. It's a 100% drop rate and you pick up some loot as well - BUT - (CORRECTION) you only get about 15 XP so you can "camp" out at a lower level and pick up hundreds of these guys who have better stats than the light gunner or snipers and other low level infantry and best if all - they are FREE.

If you haven't done so already - check out the FNG guide linked in JohnnyR's signature and it will explain everything you didn't understand about what I just posted.

P.S. If you don't know what an FNG is - then that's a clue that you ARE the FNG.

War Priest
03-22-2012, 06:41 PM
So it's basically a unit that I would of bought when I first started the game, that I shouldn't replace because there are better ones?

No, it's either free loot you get from pve or like sniper's you intentionally get to die in place of higher cost unit's. It's better to lose free or cheaper unit's than the more expensive ones.

overkill 280
03-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah that's a good one Mcdoc! lol But doesn't really answer my question! :confused:

overkill 280
03-22-2012, 06:45 PM
But hey War Priest, Should I continue to keep replacing my "lower end" units? Or should I just let them die off and replace with better ones? Or does keeping them still benefit me in any way?

War Priest
03-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Upgrade them with higher stat loot. You don't want SEAL's or anything to be meat sheild's. I don't recommend using money unit's for shield's though. Get the free loot that Mcdoc posted.

overkill 280
03-22-2012, 06:51 PM
Ok thanks Mcdoc :) Oh and by the way. Yeah i know what a FNG is! It's ME! lol

overkill 280
03-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks War Priest :) I've obviously been doing it wrong then.:p

Colonelbob
03-22-2012, 07:15 PM
SO - a lot of people like to "farm" the Amphibious Trooper (AT) from the docks mission by attacking the Amphibious Squad Leader. It's a 100% drop rate and you pick up some loot as well - BUT - you don't get any XP so you can "camp" out at a lower level .

Okay now I'm confused. This mission seems to give me 15 exp each time. How are you doing it with NO exp gain?

JohnnyR
03-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Taken in context, I think he means the opposite, ya get xp so it's not possible to camp. Thinkin' Mcdoc stuck an extra negative in there.

Mcdoc
03-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Okay now I'm confused. This mission seems to give me 15 exp each time. How are you doing it with NO exp gain?

Umm - sorry - just went and did the mission - and you're right - I did 16 XP. Forgive my oversight - I have farmed like 2000 of these over time and forgot about the Xp.

On a side note - I DO appreciate you trying to save face for me Johnny :)

War Priest
03-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Maybe it's becausenive already maxed the entire mission out to level 5 - which gives me bookoo money when I get the free AT's now :). Sorry - I didn't mean to confuse anyone, I've farmed probably 2000 of these over time and didn't remember getting XP.

I think once the map's are completed to level 5 everything only gives 1 XP. I don't think it's free though.

JohnnyR
03-22-2012, 07:34 PM
I think once the map's are completed to level 5 everything only gives 1 XP. I don't think it's free though.Got 5 at lvl 5 and the only thing giving 1 xp is insurgent map. I recall you being able to earn gold for free in your add funds menu which I'm not able to do, maybe we have different builds or something. You doing beta?

Any time Mcdoc.

Mcdoc
03-22-2012, 07:37 PM
I think I'll just keep quiet now :). Long day out in the sun and I've got a headache - and when 2 fellow Senior members have to spin for me - I suddenly feel like the politician who keeps saying stupid things and his staff having to make excuses or explain :)

War Priest
03-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Got 5 at lvl 5 and the only thing giving 1 xp is insurgent map. I recall you being able to earn gold for free in your add funds menu which I'm not able to do, maybe we have different builds or something. You doing beta?

Any time Mcdoc.

Looks like you are right about the insurgent camp only giving 1 XP. But the other map's I have completed to level 5 still give out higher amount's of XP. Wonder how Mcdoc is getting them done with no XP. Then again I don't have that map complete.

I'm not doing beta. But yeah, it let's me get free gold through MW.

Mcdoc
03-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Wonder how Mcdoc is getting them done with no XP. Then again I don't have that map complete.

Hey WP - I still have the taste of my tennis shoes in my mouth from this one - I went back and corrected my post - I actually got 16 XP when I went back to check. I also get 2 XP for the insurgent leader - which I thought I had always gotten.

War Priest
03-22-2012, 08:40 PM
Hey WP - I still have the taste of my tennis shoes in my mouth from this one - I went back and corrected my post - I actually got 16 XP when I went back to check. I also get 2 XP for the insurgent leader - which I thought I had always gotten.

Alright. Yeah otherwise that would be hell of a spot to get loot and money. Thanks for the notice.