PDA

View Full Version : explosives!

Soopajake
03-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Hi guys! What are your stratagies for explosives maintanence? I think that buy buying lots of timebombs (up to 500) and having a few really decent explosives lessensthe chances of the nicer ones being used.

Does this make sense or did I totally delude myself? Thank you!!

Ramshutu
03-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Its easier to maintain defence explosives, I rob/atk a lot. I have abouts trills stun grenades...

Soopajake
03-22-2012, 05:15 PM
thanks Ram. Never thought of that!

Vile Lynn
03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't use Time Bombs (2/2) because I don't want attackers & my attacks using them up, but I think I have some old ones in my inventory. Time Bombs are very economical, especially at the lower levels. However, I would rather have Smoke Bombs (0/2) & Hand Grenades (4/0) if I couldn't afford the more expensive explosives.

I like keeping attack bombs & defense bombs separate.

I have a surplus of Stun Grenades (0/6) and Anthrax Grenades (12/0) with a few of the other explosives as back-up.
I've always had them stocked up since they came out, feels weird to attack someone with less than 2500.

When my economy gets bigger, I'll start stocking Land Mines (0/25) & Napalm (18/0). Right now, I think I would cry if I lost a 150K explosive defending an attack... Ouch! But, hey, if you can afford it, get them!
My 3-hr buildings keep my stock pile maxed.

Dillinja
03-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Defence explosives are a waste. You lose a lot, even if you win when someone attacks you. Smoke bombs are only 150 so if you really want a little defence boost go for them. Stun grenades are the worst, cost 3K and you go through them like a hungry fat chick in KFC. I stock up on Hand Grenade and Frag Grenade and will switch to the higher end when I can.

Demoni696
03-23-2012, 01:46 AM
I personally really like Stun Grenades with 500 of them on hand I bumped my defense score 3k.

If you buy them in chunks over time they are not that expensive. And if you have mostly 12/24/48 hour buildings and an already solid defense then they last a good long time. I might loose 10-15 a day from random attacks so that's around 300k a week maintenance.

Now starting to pick up land mines to get to the 36k def mission might start to get expensive.

Luke 3457
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
I initially bought 10 million in explosives. How I maintain is simple my first robbery of the day 125k or more I donate that explosives. I also have an attack minimum and defence minimum number in mind and don't let myself fall below my previously decided number. But as i increase my stats from rp points and or gold my goal attack/defence also increases. This really works for me I haven't down loaded latest version so I can't speak for it but with my current version I no where near blow my 125k explosive wad each day I always come out on top. Hope this strategy works for you as it does for me.

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Defence explosives are a waste. You lose a lot, even if you win when someone attacks you. Smoke bombs are only 150 so if you really want a little defence boost go for them. Stun grenades are the worst, cost 3K and you go through them like a hungry fat chick in KFC. I stock up on Hand Grenade and Frag Grenade and will switch to the higher end when I can.

I can fund my Stun grenade habit by harvesting my single level 5 LM. I don't get attacked very often, maybe once or twice per day, and win 99% of the time. I rarely loose any grenades, 10 in the last week. Even when I do, with my economy purring along nicely like a Morgan freeman monologue, I can more than afford to keep them up.

erik
03-23-2012, 10:18 AM
I have bought smoke bombs twice to rush a defensive goal. You could try that.

Vile Lynn
03-23-2012, 10:25 AM
I can more than afford to keep them up.

Yeah, I was worried after the price increase that I'd have to ditch explosives, but the prices don't seem so bad now. Actually, IMHO, it was a good move by Funzio. The higher prices keeps me from buying the top explosives, but then I'm not at the top... yet, level-wise.

Pekersss
03-23-2012, 10:28 AM
I've found that explosives make an awesome addition to stats, though I wouldn't count on them for very long. Helpful in obtaining goals if you're almost there, but if you're sub-par in attack/def, they're going to go quickly. Non-consumable explosives seem like a good investment.

Vile Lynn
03-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Non-consumable explosives seem like a good investment.
Spot on! They are an EXCELLENT investment!
If I had all the gold in the world, I would be fully stocked with non-consumable explosives, but who wouldn't? :D

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 10:45 AM
I can fund my Stun grenade habit by harvesting my single level 5 LM. I don't get attacked very often, maybe once or twice per day, and win 99% of the time. I rarely loose any grenades, 10 in the last week. Even when I do, with my economy purring along nicely like a Morgan freeman monologue, I can more than afford to keep them up.

I have yet to lose any grenades. I have 300 stun grenades... and have had 300 for weeks. Sad Nicholost. :(

Ramshutu
03-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Its easier to maintain defence explosives, I rob/atk a lot. I have abouts trills stun grenades...

While I remember, best not call me 'Ram' due to the other member of this forum of the same name. while I'm sure my nickname predates his by a decade, he predates me on this forum by some months :)

Luke 3457
03-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah I win 99% too but even when I do win sometimes I still burn a few explosives. I also have been tupac lately and thug life life till I die! Or maybe just until I complete all thug life goals. Lol

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 11:59 AM
It's a gold waste if you buy low-stat gold explosives.

Not true. The key to consider is that gold explosives are non-consumable. While you can sustain cash explosives with a good economy, there is the possibility that you will run out or have your inventory severely diminished by a persistent attacker or a mob of attackers (e.g. you make someone's hit-list). Once they make it through your explosives, you are on your own. Because of that, non-consumable explosives can be viewed as providing 100% of their stats, even if that increase isn't 100% at the time of purchase.

Also, if you look at the cost associated with losing explosives in attacks/robberies, that is essentially like losing the cost of the explosive on top of what the opponent took from you. So while you have successfully fended off and attacker, you may have lost 10 Stun Grenades doing so, so it cost you $30,000. The attacker didn't get that money, but they did essentially take it from you.

EDIT: it looks like DenZ1 deleted his post. ???