PDA

View Full Version : Some advice on money buildings and what to invest in next

slackerboy
03-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Hi all,

Looing for some advice on the next money buildings to invest in.

Currently have

2x Int Companies one lvl2 and one lvl 3(going to upgrade the lvl 2 to 3)
2x Brownstone both lvl 1
2x Beachside Inn both lvl 2
2x Dominicans both lvl 4
2x Smoke Shop both lvl 3
2x Ice Cream one lvl 9 and one lvl 10
1x History lvl 4

I/H 30k

Have the other usual stuff ie Houses, barber shops, pawn shops etc

I like the 3, 24, and 48 hour collection cycles.
For the 3 hour I can usuually make at least 5 or 6 collections a day for them and over night do not care so much if they get robbed(these days not so much)
The 12 hour cycles for some reason find it difficult to collect them on time, and each day see them slipping further and further until I have to leave them overnight again to sync.
The 8 hour is kinda painful as I need to make sure I am up in time to make that first collection or the 3x daily collection is gone.
18 hr buildings this is an odd one as still trying to find the best times to suit me, but then only have 2 t-shirt shops.

After some further reading on the notes on the forum, was thinking of the crematorium(this now seems like a bad idea from what I have read).
MT and lofts are the way to go esp once you start upgrading them.

What do you think I should be looking to build next or to be planning to build and upgrade.

I am lvl 116, non-gold player except tapjoy and saving for the GC(was originally the Church but get the feeling from the forums GC is the one to go for)

TIA

PS I have the flowershop sitting as a goal should I build it

jmeijer
03-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Loft. Do not buy a crematorium, it's ROI is baaaaad.

slackerboy
03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
OK cheers, think I should also look at MT?

jmeijer
03-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Yes, the Movie Theaters have good payouts after lvl 4. I have 2 lvl 4 lofts (121001/12hr with tycoon) and 1 lvl 6 movie theater (75020/12hr with tycoon). The loft does need a lot of time to build, so prepare for a long upgrade.

Plux
03-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Jmeijer, ROI was eventually overtaken by my MUI method, Marginal Utility of Income. Tramp Stamp and Duder accepted it.
Slackerboy, a word of advice, Jm is precisely right, Loft is key, I actually would say buy 1 Loft and get busy upgrading it to 2 before saving for the second. The Marginal Increase in Income per hour is what you're looking at. But also factor in the build time. 40hrs may seem alot, but for those of us waiting 140hrs for Nightclubs and Office Buildings, its a breeze.
1) Save for the loft, do not waver, just save for it, rob if need be to speed that up but buy the loft.
2) Let the loft build your income, but aim to upgrade it when you have the money.
3) Start saving for the second loft, when the 1st upgrades it'll be a breeze to get the second upgraded and then you begin the road to the MUI snowball effect. Income is Key!

Lv 139, Income Per Hour = $809,254 Att/Def Undisclosed

jmeijer
03-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Jmeijer, ROI was eventually overtaken by my MUI method, Marginal Utility of Income. Tramp Stamp and Duder accepted it.Can you give a link? I have seen the most of the 'best of the best' guides, but I don't think I've seen this one.

slackerboy
03-22-2012, 04:54 PM
perfect thanks plux

mnju_03
03-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Can you give a link? I have seen the most of the 'best of the best' guides, but I don't think I've seen this one.

I like this for a good lump sum. http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Crime_City_iOS