PDA

View Full Version : Who would buy gold if we had more sales?

Rhino72
03-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I am already buying gold but I am wondering if this would help people that haven't bought it yet actually decide to throw some money into the game? Therefore, would you buy for a first time, buy more or just say no (because gold is right below heroin and above crack in terms of addiction).

Max Power
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
No..........

Rhino72
03-22-2012, 09:14 AM
I should probably add the option of: last night i left work, had 5 vodka sodas and then on the train decide to purchase a drunken vault of gold? I am sure a number of forum members have done this before if they are willing to admit it.

i need muney
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Cat said it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKI-tD0L18A

duelblade
03-22-2012, 10:07 AM
defiantly I've got 100 bucks sitting in the bank and would gladly drop 10-30 bucks to have gold on hand for future gold buildings.

Fig Oni
03-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Real gold yes.
The conzio gold I'd say maybe I don't see them deserving of my support but they might do something that may warrant my support.

Now with the lockbox, wall safe event & crates proved that there is a sharp decline in gold purchase.
So regardless you use the forum or not alot of people have totally stopped buying gold it could have been the knock on effect of nerfing the m4's
So the question is will conzio get the same success as they did before with gold sales in the future, I don't think so.
Their creative department is more uncreative, the bugs in the game have never been ironed out and have multiplied, the mod & dev have no people skills but it's understandable as your only true friend is a computer screen.

All in all good luck hope this post is not taken as a conzio bashing post would like them all the success in the future.

P.S The gamers who use your product holds the key to your future, treat them well if your future plans are of being a market leader.

Vile Lynn
03-22-2012, 11:09 AM
I wait for the sales to buy gold. They have sales often enough that I don't mind waiting. Gold isn't a huge part of my game.

Rhino72
03-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Fig, I am going to take the opposite side of the "sharp decline" in gold purchases. I am going to say after the Sig event people all thought they had a chance at the Burner if they bought some gold so they did. When they realized that it didn't work the first time they just kept buying more. On another note, CCMark mentioned that less then 3% of the forum members made up the CC population and if I take one of the invite mafia posts with 305 pages at an average of 7 posts (probably more but trying to eliminate multiple posts by the same person), my guesstimate is that over 200,000 people are playing this game.

I think the Burner event was a massive gold buying event and that is why you didn't see any kind of sale during the event because everybody just kept buying.

Swifty
03-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I am not buying any more gold from Funzio......

.....until they have a sale!!!

And Fig Oni, welcome back, we missed you.

Fig Oni
03-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Fig, I am going to take the opposite side of the "sharp decline" in gold purchases. I am going to say after the Sig event people all thought they had a chance at the Burner if they bought some gold so they did. When they realized that it didn't work the first time they just kept buying more. On another note, CCMark mentioned that less then 3% of the forum members made up the CC population and if I take one of the invite mafia posts with 305 pages at an average of 7 posts (probably more but trying to eliminate multiple posts by the same person), my guesstimate is that over 200,000 people are playing this game.

I think the Burner event was a massive gold buying event and that is why you didn't see any kind of sale during the event because everybody just kept buying.

Exactly my point the creation of the events and crates were done to increase sales in gold.
Only reasonable reason be the decline of gold sales and by nerfing the m4's was intended so gold weapons don't get overlooked because a m4 with it's stat were relatively close to a 35 gold item.
Example Long while back I purchased 4 maid's secret gun @ 40 gold each, when I mentioned to one of my mafia members if he will be buying any he replied no as the item in question was 4 att & 4 def better then a m4 but 40 gold to buy in turn I agreed with the statement so nerfing them m4's was a good idea but after 7 odd months of them being available was a no brainer.

I am not buying any more gold from Funzio......

.....until they have a sale!!!

And Fig Oni, welcome back, we missed you.

Thanks Swiffy aka Swifty

epicrecipe
03-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm still playing, I've bought ~$400 in gold in the last year, but won't be buying anymore gold in CC. Funzio has made it clear by their words and actions that they'll actively work to thwart a player's edge.

It's too bad, b/c, as a senior digital strategist on global brands, I'm a big fan of Funzio's work. They're blazing new ground in social gaming, I love that they're experimenting and creating new revenue channels. I foresee big potential for brands in this space. One of the great aspects of this game is that it can be played on so many levels by all personality types. I think it's a strategic mistake for Funzio to decide which strategy they'll encourage or discourage. That's a short-term vision and it takes for granted the level of player investment, which ultimately risks harming their own brand image.

When a player can't formulate a long-term strategy within a game where progress is measured in weeks and months, that creates discouragement and boredom. Still, the events and increased community engagement are encouraging, I take that as a sign of their interest in ongoing development. I'll stick around to see how that plays out. Who knows, if they demonstrate a renewed sense of player respect, I may be a gold buyer again!

Swifty
03-23-2012, 08:34 AM
My new goal is to buy a modest amount of gold (e.g., $15-20) in each sale.

Dorian Gray
03-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Because you get more gold for your money the bigger the amount you buy, you're better off just looking at what you think you'll spend on gold in the long run and buy it all in one chunk.

Vile Lynn
03-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Yeah... me, too.
I usually wait to buy until the last 10min of the sale.

Dorian Gray
03-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah... me, too.
I usually wait to buy until the last 10min of the sale.

You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot. :(

jaywalker
03-23-2012, 08:55 AM
If itunes could make me pay in USD instead of NOK, I would have 20% any day. They have worse currency ratings that the most expensieve bank I have ever seen

Dorian Gray
03-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Sale prices

5 stokpiles = 1200g for $79.95

1 vault = 1500g for 79.99

4 cents for 300 extra gold that you guys are missing out on when buying in small chunks.

Swifty
03-23-2012, 09:04 AM
@Dorian Gray

That is a good point, I might have to reconsider.

Vile Lynn
03-23-2012, 09:51 AM
You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot. :(
Cha, but slowly... One toe at a time.

Dorian Gray
03-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Cha, but slowly... One toe at a time.

As long as you don't move on to your fingers, I guess thats ok then.

Nicholost
03-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Sale prices

5 stokpiles = 1200g for $79.95

1 vault = 1500g for 79.99

4 cents for 300 extra gold that you guys are missing out on when buying in small chunks.

Give this man a bump or a hug. He is right. You are better off saving your $5, $10, or $20 for a few sales and buying bulk. I personally have trouble buying below $40 worth of gold ($50 not on sale), and even then, I hesitate knowing that the next tier brings much better rewards.